PDA

View Full Version : Movies Worst Anime/Manga Ever

Elmdor
7th September 2004, 08:21 PM
We all know that everyone who posts here loves anime or manga, but what don't you like about it? Ever see something that just plain sucked? Maybe you saw a show with no real storyline trying to pass itsself off as one of the big boys? Voice your opinions on your least favourite anime or manga here!

Personaly I dislike Code Lyoko. The animation is garbage. Everyone's forehead consists of 70% of their body. The dialogue and storyline show that the main charachters are some confused teenagers in a private school who have to fight an entity that exists on the virtual plane of existance... if you don't think that's lame, then you will watch anything.

lenino
7th September 2004, 08:34 PM
Animes I haven't liked...Hmm...I think I'm not that into anime as to say "damn, it sucks", but I think pokemon, if it's even considered anime, has to be the worst. It was cool at the beginning, but it became so damn repititive, so many new pokestuff and blabla. Got bored of it, and stopped watching it.

zar-huar_omega
8th September 2004, 03:04 AM
Animes I haven't liked...Hmm...I think I'm not that into anime as to say "damn, it sucks", but I think pokemon, if it's even considered anime, has to be the worst. It was cool at the beginning, but it became so damn repititive, so many new pokestuff and blabla. Got bored of it, and stopped watching it.
well japan made it to begin with so its anime

But what i hate is that damm one with that hamster what was that name

ham something IT SUCKED i cant think of the others

Dark-Chaos
8th September 2004, 09:27 AM
NO anime is truly bad or "The Worst"

But those that are would be

Toonani and Kid's WB edited versions.
GIVE US THE ORIGINALS!

lenino
8th September 2004, 02:10 PM
But what i hate is that damm one with that hamster what was that name

ham something IT SUCKED i cant think of the others
Hamtaro? I think they are funny, though stupid. I don't watch them, anyway.

Toonani and Kid's WB edited versions.
GIVE US THE ORIGINALS!
That's bad. Most of the anime people see in america(the continent) are edited animes.

Fallen
8th September 2004, 02:11 PM
I'd have to say either pokemon or beyblades is the worst I've seen, mainly due to the fact that they're just horrifying to watch..

Demonic
8th September 2004, 02:28 PM
Beyblade and as Elmdor said Code Lyoko. I really can't stand watching them.
Pokemon was ok at the beginning but in all the episodes they fight vs team rocket and is really repetitive.

Riss
8th September 2004, 03:22 PM
i never could get into Dragonball, it just didn't interest me. and Pokemon and Hamtaro are too childish. Tekken was pretty bad: good fights, but no real plot. and MD Geist didn't seem all that great to me, either; don't remember why now, but either i didn't like the ending or i thought it was a little lacking in something, like maybe story.

Ceres
8th September 2004, 03:37 PM
I think Gatekeepers 24.

Apparently it was a sequel of the original Gatekeepers, but they never mentioned anything about it, just kind of threw you in it. It was also really short, like six episodes.

Elmdor
8th September 2004, 05:03 PM
NO anime is truly bad or "The Worst"

Even if there is no "worst" anime there will still be ones that people don't like and the point of this thread is for people to hate on them. I do think that some anime should never air on television or ever come near me though. SD Gundam is another example of an abomination of anime to me. They made all the Gundams tiny and alive. I watched Gundam to see futuristic space combat using Mobile Suits/Armor not to see some alive tiny Gundams that fight horrible versions of the evil gundams in the different sagas.

Locke
8th September 2004, 08:21 PM
Gasaraki. Horrible series. I can't believe I bought it. Not even 5 minutes of fighting in the entire 6 hour series. Gasaraki disgusts me. Incredibly stupid storyline too, failed at copying evangelion to a fault.

Marushia
9th September 2004, 01:41 AM
Let's see, there's Sand King, One Piece, Code Lyoko, Thundercats, Gundam Seed, BayBlade, ...

XMrNiceguyX
9th September 2004, 03:05 AM
Horrible anime and manga series eh. I haven't really read any manga I truely hate.. unless you ocunt Doujinshi. As for anime series I truely hatE? Yes. there are some.

- Bubblegum Crisis {I disliked the art, characters, story, setting and the humor was waay from funny}
- Card Captor Sakura {Too childish for my tastes}
- Shaman King {Annoying characters, dull and non-funny humor, uninteresting story}
- Naruto {10 episodes / fight, flashbacks and recaps, unfunny.}
- Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex {I don't really get what they wanted to archieve. It is 1/2 episodisc and 1/2 laughing man case mixed together, no humor, boring characters and I disliked the setting and time.}

Those are 5 of the series which I ever honoured with a shift-delete.

Saya
9th September 2004, 08:44 AM
Horrible anime and manga series eh. I haven't really read any manga I truely hate.. unless you ocunt Doujinshi. As for anime series I truely hatE? Yes. there are some.

- Bubblegum Crisis {I disliked the art, characters, story, setting and the humor was waay from funny}
- Shaman King {Annoying characters, dull and non-funny humor, uninteresting story}
- Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex {I don't really get what they wanted to archieve. It is 1/2 episodisc and 1/2 laughing man case mixed together, no humor, boring characters and I disliked the setting and time.}

Sorry but I have to disagree with you
Bubblegum Crisis... I dunnow this one.. cuz I never saw it, but every anime has their own art, you should just get info from animes b-for you consider downloading..
Card Captor Sakura, too childish for your tastes? then don't watch it. not too childish for my taste hah.. and why? cuz it actually has a serie follower where they are all grown-up..woopie -.-
Shaman King, annoying characters.....hm well it's your taste again I guess.. cuz I could really laugh on this one.. exept with that how he's called again.....Choco..sumthing
Naruto .. well you have to live with it's dbz kinda storyline if you want to enjoy it.. I dun mind watching fights... cuz they are the coolest thing in there.. and flashbacks...it's so sad to see their pastes..
Ghost in the shell.. no idea bout this one

oh well I guess I am totally different from you then mister thinks he can even honour animes with shift-deletes..+ has no humor at all >.<

XMrNiceguyX
10th September 2004, 02:56 AM
First off. this is a thread in which you are allowed to voice your own opininon about series. The opinions I have given were imho quite clear. I don't even know why you are trying to defend those series, since you don't have any valuable arguments to do so. It is "Personal taste", I hardly like any humorless series. That's MY taste mmkay?

oh well I guess I am totally different from you then mister thinks he can even honour animes with shift-deletes..+ has no humor at all >.<

Flamming is bannable offense. You just called me humorless while I didn't give you any reason to do so.. Better yet: calling me humorless was a completely random offense. Just that I take typing replies seriously, doesn't mean I got no humor.

Darkstar_
10th September 2004, 12:54 PM
i really don't pick up animes i don't like...but a genre of anime or manga that i could specifically name is probably those girly love stories (Mars, Peach girl,etc.). Other people might enjoy them. But not really my taste. Thats all i can think of.

Kracker
10th September 2004, 01:18 PM
Worst animes for me:
-Pokemon
-Digimon
-BeyBlades
There are probbaly loads more that are bad, but they are the ones I have seen.

Riaka
10th September 2004, 04:38 PM
I know someone's bound to disagree with me on this, but I couldn't really get into the Manga version of Ah! My Goddess. The art was pretty cool, but I didn't really get into the storyline. Not all that catchy in my opinion.

Locke
10th September 2004, 04:49 PM

I couldn't agree more. These were all horrible, and I owned every single one of them :X. Ghost in the shell has a good rep, but only because it's a chick who has to get naked to cloak. Horrible storylines and horrible characters. (I did like the cardcaptor movie though)

Darkstar_
10th September 2004, 04:54 PM
and i would have to disagree with you Mr Nice Guy.

Bubblegum Crisis...i don't know i really don't watch to many animes that are based around the girl gender but i seemed to like this one. It was full of action and intrigue.

Card Captor Sakura...i puked myslef watching this...and in a bad way.

Naruto...i'm sorry but this is one of the best anime/mangas by far that have been released about ninjas. They have a in depth explanation of the cultural differences in the world of Naruto and the story is a progressing one where they establish sort of foreshadowing at the beginning and lead up to battles at the end. Very good. Also it is very well drawn and one of the many places i borrow technique from.

Ghost in a Shell...haven;t heard much about it except that it is really popular with alot of people. I think the animation looks clean and well drawn so i might have to check it out.

Locke
10th September 2004, 05:02 PM
and i would have to disagree with you Mr Nice Guy.

Bubblegum Crisis...i don't know i really don't watch to many animes that are based around the girl gender but i seemed to like this one. It was full of action and intrigue.

Card Captor Sakura...i puked myslef watching this...and in a bad way.

Naruto...i'm sorry but this is one of the best anime/mangas by far that have been released about ninjas. They have a in depth explanation of the cultural differences in the world of Naruto and the story is a progressing one where they establish sort of foreshadowing at the beginning and lead up to battles at the end. Very good. Also it is very well drawn and one of the many places i borrow technique from.

Ghost in a Shell...haven;t heard much about it except that it is really popular with alot of people. I think the animation looks clean and well drawn so i might have to check it out.

Technique? Are you a swordsman?
I'm a master of Drazan Kaze, a defensive technique. We should talk some time about it- AIM- AngelfallOwner

Neko Reichiru
10th September 2004, 06:20 PM
Locke, please do not ask questions like that. You have been given an informational, so please refrain from it again

Darkstar_
10th September 2004, 07:33 PM
Technique? Are you a swordsman?
I'm a master of Drazan Kaze, a defensive technique. We should talk some time about it- AIM- AngelfallOwner

Sorry i thought i could talk to you as a fellow artist. But i guess not all anime and manga fans understand. :D

Squidi
10th September 2004, 07:50 PM
Dragon Ball GT. Worst anime ever. I watch it because I want to know the rest of the story, but it is soooo stupid. And the fighting scenes are even longer than the previous ones! They should've stopped with DBZ and SS3.

Pustolio
12th September 2004, 08:46 PM
definitely hamtaro. the theme song is sooo fricking bad and can get stuck in my head very easily. plus, they make this weird noises while doing something. freaks i tell ya. sd gundam was absolutely horrible, i thought the dialogue was bad and chibi gundams didnt suit me.

Krogothic
12th September 2004, 08:51 PM
Hamtaro and dragonball. same reason with the two above.

XMrNiceguyX
12th September 2004, 10:14 PM
I ifnd it funny how alot of people mention Hamtaro, yet unbeknowst of what the series looks like at Japanese TV. Not that it'll be a lot better than a kid series, but I *do* think you opinions may be based not on the actual original version of the series, but the one edited by American companies.

Tighran
15th September 2004, 10:30 AM
I don't want to bash Naruto, but I really don't like it. It however, is not one of the worst aniem I've seen.
About SD Gundam, I assume you're talking about Superior Defender. This was really a kids show, so it's not really something that Bandai would expect people like us to enjoy. There are other SD Gundam series though that are not at all kiddish and are actually very funny.
And I'm curious why someone mentioned One Piece. It's a really fun show...

Okay, as for a few of the worst in my opinion (I'll think of more later):
DBZ- No explanation necessary
Angel Links- terrible terrible show. tasteless fanservice. completely cliched
Guardian Hearts- pointless fanservice, no plot
Gasaraki- I don't know that it's one of the worst, there were some decent fighting scenes in it. HOWEVER, the art went to total CRAP after the first few episodes. I never finished it, so I don't know how the plot ended, but it really didn't have any draw to keep me watching. The bad art really turned me off of it.

McFuzz
19th September 2004, 10:57 AM
dudes, its not fair to talk about the wb crap. i mean thsoe are for kids 6-10. they are supposed to suck. seriously, any of you ever watch timone and pumba? or lilo and stitch? for every animated movie, disney churns out a series. they all suck way moer ass than beyblades.

oh, and hamtaro is sessy

right, so sticking to actual anime made for the sake of being a good anime and not a marketing ploy for children, i say the big o sucks major ass. wow, hes a batman gundam pilot and nobody remembers anything. i fuckign get it, but wheres the action, drama suspense anything! teh main charecters do nothing. ones a robot, ones a butler(butlers dont talk much) and one is fucking batman,(doesnt talk much) so what does this make? fucking boredom. his gundam is shitty too. it looks like a beyblade.

Galadriel
19th September 2004, 11:10 AM
I don't necessarily hate any of these, I just don't really like them for one reason or another:

Hamtaro- Too... scary. Little hamsters running around everywhere.. I know that sounds childish, but ovell.

Case Closed- Just.. disturbed me, for some reason.

Yu-gi-oh- Couldn't get into that one.

Pokeman, Digimon, Beyblade, etc.

Ahhh.. I loved Thundercats when I was little...

THUNDERCATS! THUNDERCATS! HEYOOO!

Or however it goes.

Eyeflash
26th September 2004, 05:12 AM
Let's see... Digimon and Beyblade will always annoy the hell out of me. Pokemon was okay in the first season, but they should have stopped after that and just let that little wanker win the Pokemon League. Same with DBZ, should have been over when Freeza was defeated, although then you would miss great characters like Trunks, so perhaps it could have been ended after Cell's death too.

Of course anything that is dumbed down and appears as a dubbed version on Cartoon Network or Fox Kids is shit, don't need to explain that. Alas here in the Netherlands that's the only kind of anime you get on TV. DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sailor Moon and a lot more animes like that have been dubbed and raped. Truly a pity since it's also hard to get fansubs for those since they're licensed.