PDA

View Full Version : usb 2.0

dom
27th January 2005, 10:41 PM
okay, i have this motherboard in my computer right now: http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=13&PISNo=14
[[chaintech 7nil1]]
in its specs, its listed that it has 2 x usb2.0 ports in its back io thingie, but when i connect my usb flash keychain to one of these back ports, i get the popup bubble saying im connecting a hi-speed device to a non-hi-speed port.

now, why is it im getting this message? why arent my back usb ports like, acting hi-speed? are they even usb2.0? do i need to download a driver somewhere? [and if so, where?]

any replies would be appreciated.

uhm, just in case youd need to know [i dont know what specs youd necessarily need]:
amd xp 3000+ [[2.0ghz]]
1gb ram
win xp sp1

Phyrus
27th January 2005, 10:46 PM
you might need to update the driver or do a re-installation

Jack
27th January 2005, 11:17 PM
Look for drivers on the webpage of the folks who made the motherboard.

Flocito
27th January 2005, 11:24 PM
I read through the manual and it supports USB 2.0, so that's good. I then checked their driver downloads page, but the only USB 2.0 driver they offer is for Windows 98, but they do have an upgrade to the Chipset on the board for XP. I would follow the suggestion of the previous 2 posters and try upgrading your BIOS with the latest chipset drivers and see if that clears up your problem.

dom
28th January 2005, 07:13 AM
okay, updating my bios would be logical..i just rebooted my comp, and noticed that my bios date is like, two updates old, so maybe updating it will fix it.

but, the thing is, i havent a clue how to update my bios, and doing some light websearching [ie google], im pretty scared to do it. could there be another possible solution, or is updating my bios pretty much my only option?

Flocito
28th January 2005, 10:36 AM
There's nothing to be scared about when it comes to updating your BIOS. Just download the file from the MB's website. They normally come with instructions. If, for some reason it doesn't work you can alway reset your BIOS using the jumper on the motherboard.