PDA

View Full Version : NEW - Trade Turn feature...

MFnBonsai
20th July 2018, 07:30 AM
We have introduced the Trade Turn feature on the Training page. This will allow players to trade turns for experience and we hope to expand on this feature. Polls will be open on GUA soon to allow players to see what we wil be offering as options.

:-Trade 200 turns for 100 Experience.

Obviously this is the beginning of a feature we are looking at upgrading to give players more options in the land of KoC.... What I would like to know is what would you like to trade with and for....

There will be no inter account trading.... this is purely using various items are your disposal.... at the moment we have allowed 200 turns to be traded for 100 EXP....

Please follow this way of posting....

Trade ***** for *****
Reason on why and how it should work....

Thanks....

Tanouye
20th July 2018, 08:21 AM
I think the wording on this feature could be improved to make how it functions a bit more clear, I initially thought you could trade experience for turns.

I would change the first column header to "Trade" and below put "200 turns" in the second column I would make the header "Receive" and below it "100 experience"

Lady_Rowan
20th July 2018, 08:38 AM
Interesting new feature and yeah I think it could be expanded on

well.. losing 200 turns for 100 exp gained isn't the end of the world .. some might even find it useful if they can't slay well and need to use turns

I'd like to see an weapons amnesty/trade in feature but not sure on the trade rate .. currently we can sell them for 70% of their value

A trade of gold for exp might be worth looking at also ... but I think it would need to be set fairly high

I'm guessing all of those trade options have their uses in wars .. as at least exp used in techs can't be sabbed. Would it count as losing weapons as regards the sab cap ?

SpiderWoman
20th July 2018, 08:54 AM
I tried the feature Bon and its ok, as it is a good way to use up excess turns. But Fairies is slower and gives you a bit more experience for the turns. I would like to see Fairies stay at 10 exp for 10 turns and then use the trading turns for exp. as it isl

ThatMexicanGuy
20th July 2018, 10:11 AM
It sounds great. Itís safer than just fake-slay noob accounts.

Why not 100 turns for 100 exp? 1/1 ratio sounds more attractive. Still motivates people to slay since slaying gives x2.

snap
20th July 2018, 10:19 AM
Good feature..Should add more such features where you can generate experience from turn...
You can also consider inputting turns in exchange of experience..I mean you put 1000 turns and get 500 experience..Trade..Instead of trading 5 times currently..If that suits

Trading of turns between players is something that you should explore but always checking abuse

MFnBonsai
20th July 2018, 10:20 AM
Trading of turns between players is something that you should explore but always checking abuse

Please read the first post again as it seems you missed something....

bloodpirate
20th July 2018, 10:45 AM
firstly. when i attack someone, i get double exp back. i use 75 turns, get 150 exp back. why would i want to trade 75 turns for 37 exp.? i would gladly trade exp for turns. i guess large accounts who can't slay accumulate turns, and would want to trade them for exp. that way, they don't use up mercs or damage their SA just to burn turns. so, this feature seems to favor the large accounts.

ThomasA
20th July 2018, 11:04 AM
A trade of gold for exp might be worth looking at also ... but I think it would need to be set fairly high

Allowing interchange of gold for experience would devalue experience and just make it just another extension of gold. It would be better to keep the 2 separate.

Stes_The_Destroyer
20th July 2018, 11:10 AM
this would only benefit large accounts(probably ok when cant use turns and there build up) but for any other it just isnt worth it, for 150 turns just by attackking somebody with defense doesnt matter who i could get 300 for 150 turns, 100 turns for 150 exp, then yea i'd like this then losing 25 turns rather than hit for the experience, i think would be more even.

ThomasA
20th July 2018, 12:18 PM
This is less effort than fairies which is less effort/risk than attacking....

Not every feature is for everyone... There should be choices and strategy with consideration of the advantages and disadvantages of each...

bloodpirate
20th July 2018, 12:20 PM

Not every feature is for everyone... There should be choices and strategy with consideration of the advantages and disadvantages of each...

i totally agree .. for the big accounts

Brandonito
20th July 2018, 01:24 PM
I don't really understand your complaint BP - do you think anybody who puts in enough effort to be a big account is going to accept 25% of the experience they could get compared to just attacking random inactive people? :p.

Pretty much nobody will use this feature in it's current form.

ThomasA
20th July 2018, 01:50 PM
compared to just attacking random inactive people? :p.

Do you think such abuse will be allowed to continue?

Playing a big account leaching growth is less effort than playing a mid size account....

Brandonito
20th July 2018, 01:57 PM
I think you should be more careful throwing around the word 'abuse'. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it abuse :P.

But to answer your question: Yes.

Playing a big account leaching growth is less effort than playing a mid size account....

I don't disagree, though I don't think it's very relevant.

orc000
20th July 2018, 02:15 PM

i totally disagree; there are too many random rogues , big accounts cant hold their defense , so they are forced to bank much more.
the longer an age lasts the harder it becomes for big accounts.

ThomasA
20th July 2018, 02:38 PM
i totally disagree; there are too many random rogues , big accounts cant hold their defense , so they are forced to bank much more.
the longer an age lasts the harder it becomes for big accounts.

Mid accounts face random rogues more and can't bank as much.....

In wars big accounts hold out much longer than mids....

It is fake news that big accounts have it hard....

orc000
20th July 2018, 03:43 PM
Mid accounts might been sabbed harder , but they cant do much about that , so they are maxed easier , they lose value , but still, been maxed doesnt require effort from the victim..
Main accounts are sabbed less , but they face hundreds or raids and goldhits. They are primary targets. So in time of war they have to bank every 5-15 minutes, for months. That requires a lot of dedication to the game...

Lady_Rowan
20th July 2018, 04:28 PM
I would say .. anyone who thinks big accounts have it easy to give it a try for a whole age and then be better placed to comment

Maybe .. when not much changed in the game it was easier to find a sweet spot but that doesn't seem likely the way the game is going

Endtime
20th July 2018, 04:59 PM
I think everyone forgot about why it would start so low, people seem to forget we are NOT going to pump up a new feature straight away.

It will always start lower, it will always be worthless.

If we started at 300 EXP per 200 turns, and it got to beneficial for top accounts who cannot slay but no on else, everyone will be complaining on how unfair it was. This way, you can only complain about how shit it is.

So far, i have not seen any worth-while suggestions from this post. We have several more features to add on this, we do not want it to solely be Attack Turns trade for ****.

If you want your voice heard, now is the time.

KR_TUE
20th July 2018, 07:13 PM
Ok this is a stretch but I feel relevant.

Make the new trade option a 1 to 1 basis, 1 turn to 1 xp.

While on that topic also look into the conquest, allow for gold from fairies and even farther up the chain that way the current xp system there could go potentially untouched, allowing it to go below the 1 to 1 basis due to receiving gold.

If the current turns/xp rate remain the same, then attacking other players is your best bet for xp, and from there the xp rate is lower for other operations, so I do not see a point to lower the turn dump option to anything less than 1 to 1.

-----------------------------------

More directly on topic: Make moral stackable/savable on a individual basis, and have moral as a currency to trade in for xp instead of trading in for soldiers.... Just a thought...

ThomasA
20th July 2018, 07:43 PM
Mid accounts might been sabbed harder , but they cant do much about that , so they are maxed easier , they lose value , but still, been maxed doesnt require effort from the victim..

The solution is simple then make, bigs able to be maxed sooner, so they don't require as much effort.....

@LadyRowan, no one said easy, just not as hard as some players suggest....

@those wanting free stuff

bloodpirate
20th July 2018, 10:02 PM
like i said, make it exp for turns .. i would gladly turn exp into turns. attack lots of people, get lots of exp .. turn them into turns, and attack lots of people again.

ThatMexicanGuy
20th July 2018, 10:28 PM
Back on topic:

Have you guys realized the amount of mid/low accounts that have stacked +20K turns? I say 20K turns to start with, but for an account that plays limited time during a login (once a day, week, etc etc), burning all those turns is close to impossible, now imagine 40K turns ;P. If admins are trying to look after everyone, you will realize that not only bigs will use this feature.

Again, I support the idea of turns for exp, but on a 1 on 1 basis.

ThomasA
20th July 2018, 11:57 PM
You have been given more choice, each choice has it's advantages and disadvantages.... If you do not feel a particular choice suits your style of play do not use it. Choices are not going to be buffed just to suit your style of play as that defeats the purpose of having choices....

Any player that has not put in the time to use their turns can use this feature to burn through them with little effort, but should not be on the same terms as those who have put in an effort with their turns....

LinguiniFresh
21st July 2018, 12:20 AM
Why add a conquest like feature when there are already conquests? What's the issue with big accounts attacking smaller ones? This is kings of chaos afterall

And as FO said, bigs have to bank frequently as they are targeted heavily by these "hard to play" midsize accounts

Tobi had a good point about lower players that stack turns

ThomasA
21st July 2018, 12:28 AM
Experience was introduced to encourage activity other than just banking and clicking...It would defeat it's purpose if you reward those that just do that the same..

Players are free to use this feature if they are not actively using the others...

Lady_Rowan
21st July 2018, 12:34 AM
I am surprised no-one has asked for turns for troops/clicks/morale ... although mercs seem easy to get in now but limited and not gold generating

I'm sure you all know by now that many are willing to click all age for the extra gold and yes.. in wars troops to replace those lost are always welcome but not all want to spend the time clicking them

Looking at what the trade rate might be ... maybe 200 turns per 200 troops. I'd like to say more but some do stack up turns a lot

Also ...

trading turns for a special shield maybe ... say a days turns for 1 days sab immunity (I can feel some howls coming in from those sab monsters lurking) Would need to be limited in continuous use I guess

I guess I'm looking here more at what a newbie coming in or player back from vacation/real life issues with turns built up might find good to have in their bag to help them get into the game good

Brandonito
21st July 2018, 12:39 AM
I posted a similar idea a couple of times in the past few months, in the past I suggested making clicking cost turns - this is kind of similar to that.

(for reference: http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?97794-What-changes-would-you-like-to-see-in-the-next-age-not-(new-age-coming-but-the-next)&p=1500177&viewfull=1#post1500177. Some of the reasoning/concepts will still be relevant to this idea if anybody wants to read the thought process.

Trade idea:

Trade turns for soldiers (and maybe some experience, balancing will take some thought/testing).

I'd caution against making this give morale - otherwise you'll have people having friends make inactive dummy accounts and just trade their turns in to morale to boost their commander. Just make this give untrained soldiers.

200 turns = 200 soldiers and 200 experience
or
200 turns = 600 soldiers and 100 experience
or
200 turns = 1000 soldiers and 0 experience

(not saying there should be more than one option, just giving you different balancing ideas. You can make it give a large amount of soldiers and no experience, or a medium amount of soldiers and medium experience, etc.)

I don't know how exactly to balance the numbers. I could run some math and present some more concrete options if these idea gets any support/traction. What I do know is that now that clicking is super limited, conscription is the only major way to gain soldiers - which leads to accounts being less unique - because everybody tends to be on similar Unit Production levels. Also, because attacking is the only real viable way to gain experience, and most people invest in to tech - everybody ends up on the same tech level. Having a viable low experience option adds another dimension to the game. It'd be nice to get a BALANCED feature (that's not too strong to be an obvious go to option but not too weak to never get used) that would give accounts a real choice between using their turns on attacking or using their turns on increasing tff.

I get the feeling the response to this is going to be "big accounts don't slay anyways so they'll just use this to get even more tff and be even more unstoppable". I want to make it clear how important having good tech is to any strong account is. TFF might be a very strong tool - but at the cost of a low tech it's worth very little. Also - a high TFF account with low tech will become a huge farm for other people - a major downside.

Brandonito
21st July 2018, 12:42 AM
Another related idea since race changes have been a topic of discussion.

Rather than give everybody a set amount of race changes (0-5), make it cost something. Each race change costs 5000 turns.

I guess it just makes sense that if you want the upside of a race change there should be a cost associated with it. It also encourages a little more turn management (i.e. make people consider holding at least 5000 turns in case they need an emergency race change).

ThomasA
21st July 2018, 12:56 AM
Features were added as players asked for them.

You have been given more choices...This choice may not be the best choice for all scenarios, but it is not meant to be.. It is meant to fill a niche..which players requested to be filled.

It is not meant to be the preferred method to gain experience....

Endtime
21st July 2018, 01:35 AM
I am surprised no-one has asked for turns for troops/clicks/morale.

=)

orc000
21st July 2018, 07:05 AM
Another related idea since race changes have been a topic of discussion.

Rather than give everybody a set amount of race changes (0-5), make it cost something. Each race change costs 5000 turns.

I guess it just makes sense that if you want the upside of a race change there should be a cost associated with it. It also encourages a little more turn management (i.e. make people consider holding at least 5000 turns in case they need an emergency race change).

i like that; trading turns for a race change instead of giving them free

Night_Angel
22nd July 2018, 12:36 AM
The trading turns for race changes is definitely a good idea!

krieper
22nd July 2018, 04:12 AM
i like that; trading turns for a race change instead of giving them free

I like it as well, however, i hope next age there will be 0 racechanges available ;-)

If there are, them costing turns is a nice twist. Should also be capped though.

Lady_Rowan
22nd July 2018, 07:49 AM
I can see that option being popular if we don't have any/many free race changes ingame but would like to see a rising cost for that ... starting quite low and yes there should be a cap maybe at 5 if we are on a 4/6 month age