PDA

View Full Version : Can't save password for on the KOC website

Knighthawk
4th March 2018, 03:51 AM
After doing some trouble shooting it seems like I can't save my recently changed password on the website. I'm a bit confused on what the problem could be so any help would be appreciated.

Things I've done to see to identify the problem:
- Restart browser
- Check if something was wrong in browser settings (I'm using Firefox 58)
- Check for other websites if saving passwords worked (including other websites on HTTP, not HTTPS, like this forum. that worked)

After some checking around I saw this piece of info in a Firefox blog post and I was wondering if this is true for KOC, that passwords can't be saved on that website.

"Websites prohibit password saving
Some websites do not allow for passwords to be saved for security reasons. If you have followed the steps above, but are still not prompted to save a password when logging in to a certain website, that site may have disabled password saving."

ThirtySeven
4th March 2018, 06:04 AM
After doing some trouble shooting it seems like I can't save my recently changed password on the website. I'm a bit confused on what the problem could be so any help would be appreciated.

I think you may need to clear cache and cookies in your browser and try it again. Most likely, something got corrupted. It happens occasionally, not just KoC though. Yes, that means that you have to log in manually everywhere at least once. Shit happens.

Knighthawk
4th March 2018, 06:56 AM
After your suggestion I cleared cache/cookies, but it didn't work out. Thanks again for reaching out on IRC to try to help, too.

Confed
5th March 2018, 09:15 PM

Things I've done to see to identify the problem:
- Restart browser
- Check if something was wrong in browser settings (I'm using Firefox 58)
- Check for other websites if saving passwords worked (including other websites on HTTP, not HTTPS, like this forum. that worked)

After some checking around I saw this piece of info in a Firefox blog post and I was wondering if this is true for KOC, that passwords can't be saved on that website.

"Websites prohibit password saving
Some websites do not allow for passwords to be saved for security reasons. If you have followed the steps above, but are still not prompted to save a password when logging in to a certain website, that site may have disabled password saving."

For some reason KOC doesn't have https, your browser is doing a good thing not letting you save a password on an unsecured form.