PDA

View Full Version : Bug Thread

castleblack1
25th February 2018, 04:40 PM
list your bugs here

andyt683
25th February 2018, 06:07 PM
Don't worry about hurting our feelings, we know there's going to be a lot with how much we changed in the back end. Also, we're awful coders.

MadGeorge
26th February 2018, 02:31 AM
Really appreciate the mobile responsiveness!

however on a standard screen, the battlefield layout breaks.
You can’t see gold or rank as it goes off the screen and if you try to scroll across to it, the background and text are both black.
If the screen is turned to landscape mode it looks fine though so just portrait orientation.

Also, not sure if it’s meant to, but in Training, once you have selected to train x soldiers, the 1-click numbers don’t change to what you can afford with the remaining gold. I hope this makes sense.

Hope his helps.

andyt683
26th February 2018, 04:30 AM
Can we get more info? Browser, resolution, and maybe a screenshot? I'm assuming mobile version.

Training never updated, it's on our Trello to make it do so.

castleblack1
26th February 2018, 04:53 AM
change it back please :<3:

andyt683
26th February 2018, 06:02 AM
No? What in your head made you think this was a good bug report?

Change doesn't come easily. Our old version was comfortable, but impossible to add features to. Impossible to use on mobile. Impossibly dated, so we'd never gain players instead of slowly losing them. Yeah, we risked quickly losing whatever player base we had, but then we'd simply have hastened the inevitable.

So, give it a try. We're obviously committed to this game even after ten years, so any rough edges WILL get sanded down, unlike so many other games in this genre. RoC has never shied away from change, and we won't start now.

king_archibald
26th February 2018, 07:34 AM
Soldiers per minute: 117
Come back in 2 minutes 14 seconds. Or take a break. But don't wait too long! The longer you wait, the fewer you earn per minute.
Tip: Want more? Don't want to have to come back as often? Buy a boost with some gems!

the buy a boost link, links to https://www.ruinsofchaos.com/stats.php
this is an invalid link.

ps. i bought the time, but still have to come back every 5 minutes?

MadGeorge
26th February 2018, 07:53 AM
Can we get more info? Browser, resolution, and maybe a screenshot? I'm assuming mobile version.

Training never updated, it's on our Trello to make it do so.

Sorry yes, it is the mobile version.

Platform
Apple iPhone (iPhone)
Browser
Google Chrome
Javascript? Enabled
Screen Resolution
375 x 667

Screenshot: https://thumb.ibb.co/mjyRax/79_C77_A64_8_E36_4_B91_A626_70696479414_F.png (https://ibb.co/mjyRax)

andyt683
26th February 2018, 07:56 AM
Perfect. I'll fix that tonight.

castleblack1
26th February 2018, 10:13 AM
could the server name go on the chat tab for mibbit users?

MadGeorge
26th February 2018, 10:16 AM
Although I would have to check once the rank drops again, but previously when I clicked on Battlefield it takes you to Page 1 where as previously Battlefield would initially load on the page where you were (if that makes sense).

Sir_nicolas
26th February 2018, 10:45 AM
No bonuses for races listed when signing up... or when redoing account or whatever... i just stuck with same race because I couldnt remember the bonuses.

Sir_nicolas
26th February 2018, 10:47 AM
also dont know if its so much a bug... but if possible can you make an option for either black or white background, where the white is currently... the background of the mountains and stuff is fine but the just plain white is kind of blinding. would like maybe a black option with white text or whatever. something a little easier on the eyes... Thanks for the work your doing by the way

pdubz
26th February 2018, 12:37 PM
Messages are very funky on mobile, not size properly. Will screenshot when possible.

andyt683
26th February 2018, 01:01 PM
Trust me, responding to a lot today, I've noticed

king_archibald
26th February 2018, 01:37 PM
It's the same for the samsung galaxy s7 and s8 on chrome and Firefox.
Also on the alliance/ stats page

andyt683
26th February 2018, 02:45 PM
Also on the alliance/ stats page

Oh god don't get me started on the alliance page. Gonna have to rip that out entirely and start over.

Lib3rateyourm1nd
26th February 2018, 02:50 PM
I realized I posted this in the wrong thread.Sorry for the double post, wanted to make sure it was in the right spot.

-Your new background cuts off halfway down the page and all we see it white space
-In Mail and Alliance messages, nothing separates the date and who read the message from the actual message itself. In the last format, the font was smaller and in blue for dates and who read the message. Can we change the font sizes to help separate messages from dates and who has read them?
-Drag down menus will take some getting used to, but overall pretty organized.
-Mobile device is pretty shaky. Some pages are great where you don't need to zoom or scroll left//right. However, the BF page cuts off into black space under gold and rank.
-I could reset my account unlimited times during Limbo
-On the HELP page, the race bonuses are missing.
-Had to really navigate to figure out how to reset my account(click on name in top right corner)
-Overall the attitude from my group is very negative for the visual aspect but neither positive nor negative regarding the rule changes. We're interested to see how this goes.
-The alliance mail page looks less organized than before(nothing to differentiate from the message, who has read it and the date, very disorganized look)
-I think your monthly features are too expensive for the amount of people that play the game at the moment. Can't say I'd be willing be pay $10 to get 999 gems and spend 500 of them on smart stats for only a month. (Prices went up, but duration of smart stats stays the same)
-Not a fan at all of the "Buffs". I think they are a great idea, but should be incorporated as upgrades rather than things you purchase. That essentially gives anyone who purchases those(also expensive btw) a leg up on the entire game. Smart Stats//Command Center etc, give advantages but isn't big enough to influence the game or ranks, whereas these "Buffs" I feel can significantly increase a players account, especially when bought early. I feel those should be made available to everyone in the game as upgrades instead of the select few who decide to buy it.
-Very interested in the new recruiting tool. Can't say I have any gripes about it.
-No History Pages?!
-No Top Players Page?! (most clicked, killed, growers, etc) Unless I just haven't found these yet.

None of this is meant to be critical, rather constructive. Hope it helps.

Whishy
26th February 2018, 08:10 PM
Well RoC team.. a surprising change that certainly has me interested. I think to all those who are already going off on it just need to simmer down and give it more than 10 minutes. Anyone who plays it seriously should thoroughly enjoy the more mobile friendly system, especially those who only play via mobile. Well done on the clicking system, should be interesting to play around with. Not too sure when the age kicked off but I wasn't expecting all the massive TFF sizes already; normally takes a few days to get that many 100k+ TFF's.

My constructive-criticism-that-likely-has-not-been-said-at-all-yet list in order of importance;

- Forums don't open in a new tab
- Battlefield opens to 1st page even if you're 193rd, attacked you Mr. T. as punishment.
- No Canadian discount for gems (probably for the best so I'm not tempted to buy, so disregard)
- Took me a moment or two to figure out where the unread messages began in a thread. I understand it's set for mobile & I'm sure it looks great on it (will test later in the week), but is there any way to highlight either the read or unread messages? On a big monitor it's a rough time, unless it's my fault since I haven't paid much attention lately.
- You can probably get rid of "Next Unit Distribution" under game time in base and move "Recent Activity" from the bottom right of the base to the left to make it real symmetrical. Y'know, that OCD thing to do instead of actual game bugs.
- How do I see who is online and who isn't? Links go from blue to purple as I click on them but no one seems to be bold? Or are we hiding that feature now?

Cheerio.

Ryknow
26th February 2018, 11:14 PM
I just gotta say I'm happy to finally see some things changing in this game. The last 2 posters pretty much covered all the bugs that I've noticed so far. Donated $50 to try and help a little with the overhaul! Thanks a lot to the team for the time and effort your putting in on this!

castleblack1
27th February 2018, 02:25 AM
i just done a recon on someone and sabbed a bunch of daggers, then sab was telling me they have 0 daggers to sab but i done a recon and armory still showing they have 1200

iENA
27th February 2018, 04:23 AM
ROC dosen't work like KOC lol. Daggers will not disapper until they are used and broken.

Andy, give us the posibility to have black interface pls.

castleblack1
27th February 2018, 05:35 AM
ROC dosen't work like KOC lol. Daggers will not disapper until they are used and broken.

Andy, give us the posibility to have black interface pls.

ahh ok, thanks for the help

debar
27th February 2018, 08:13 AM
wow, long time since i posted something
thanks for all the work team!

i hope the navigation will soon settle into my brains, for now its costing a lot of time, and when i do a gold hit, i am afraid i am getting robbed before i could have spended...
Also the use of this no robot captcha, sometimes i really wonder WHY i had it wrong, and sometimes its minits before i have it done.

already mentioned, but i find this important things:
i would like too that the real white on the lower half of the pages can be colored a bit too, this feels uncomfortable.
and i find it very annoying that you cant see good on battlefield who is online, who not. then you select the account, and you think meh.

another small detail
Intelligence Files
Updated Target Details Available (Click to read full file) Files
1 hour 30 minutes ago fury 523k SA, 12.0m DA, 1.50k SP, 108k SE, 44.8m gold 1
figures are in a color almost the same as the page, better change that color, now i need to select all, else its unreadable

dont know if this is a bug, or something due to intensive traffic orwhat
when i am on a page, and refresh, or sometimes even spontaneous, it changes to https://ruinsofchaos.com/
and i can search my page again...

thats it for now, maybe later more!
nice pic fury! we get all something as that?

andyt683
27th February 2018, 09:10 AM
Re: Darker theme - I'm in touch with the artist, trying to work out a solution.

MadGeorge
27th February 2018, 09:35 AM
I am assuming the links in the footer to the Staff will be done in due course?
A small one but I know how little things can miss the list.

debar
27th February 2018, 09:38 AM
i dont really want a darker theme, only get rid of the too white part on the lower page, make that a little creamy orso,
i think its the contrast there

blaze420
27th February 2018, 09:15 PM
Why not ditch the Alliance Discussion page (https://ruinsofchaos.com/alliancemail.php) in favour of the other alliance messaging UI (https://ruinsofchaos.com/mail.php?tag=alliance&p=1)? Second one looks much better

Claw
1st March 2018, 12:34 AM
Hello. The captcha is a bit weird. Sometimes it wants me to click all the images on the screen regardless of the relevance, after few mad clicks, it again prompts me with about 10-15 more captchas to finish. This is frustrating.

GiantsRule
1st March 2018, 02:27 AM
Hello. The captcha is a bit weird. Sometimes it wants me to click all the images on the screen regardless of the relevance, after few mad clicks, it again prompts me with about 10-15 more captchas to finish. This is frustrating.

i get the same thing on Avabur

andyt683
1st March 2018, 06:49 AM
I am assuming the links in the footer to the Staff will be done in due course?
A small one but I know how little things can miss the list.

Done.

i dont really want a darker theme, only get rid of the too white part on the lower page, make that a little creamy orso,
i think its the contrast there

Figured out a solution, it will roll out some time this week

Why not ditch the Alliance Discussion page (https://ruinsofchaos.com/alliancemail.php) in favour of the other alliance messaging UI (https://ruinsofchaos.com/mail.php?tag=alliance&p=1)? Second one looks much better

I'm working on it! However, someone keeps putting it back. Someones there are creative differences afoot.

That's not something we control. We put a <div> tag on there, google fills it with their nonsense, then tells us if it's "right" or not. I've been told that if you're having a lot of issues with it repeatedly, clearing your cache works (or go in incognito mode)

Whishy
1st March 2018, 03:43 PM
No notification for new alliance messages
Owners still can't demote themselves; You can't manage this member because their level is 100. Yours is 100.
When I have enough gold to train 6,000 troops. I can enter in 5,000 in one field but the button next to the fields stays at 6,000. Did it change before? (Yes I went that inactive, apologies).
When I go to the battle page (page 3), and sort by gold/rank, it ranks them but defaults me back to page 1. Any way to get rid of the "Start=0" when sorting to keep it on your page?

I like the online dot :)

Aegis
2nd March 2018, 12:41 AM
Done.

That's not something we control. We put a <div> tag on there, google fills it with their nonsense, then tells us if it's "right" or not. I've been told that if you're having a lot of issues with it repeatedly, clearing your cache works (or go in incognito mode)

I probably messed this whole quote thing up but hey... I never claimed to be super smart on GUA ;)

So.. Clearing cache does not work for me.. I did that again just 2 or 3 minutes ago, and still had to go through 10 pages of that garbage. It doesn't matter if I am on phone, computer, incognito.. sometimes, it is one and done, sometimes its 6-12 (so far) things to jump through... Granted, it is google, but it is frustrating as heck to sit there for that long, for a few soldiers, or turns, or whatever. There has to be a better option than this? I still like ya guys though :D

king_archibald
6th March 2018, 05:11 AM
On the base it shows the following:

Gold Generated: 16,360,271,870 Gold
Pillaged: 317,579,651 Gold
Gold Lost to Attacks: 6,440,228,453 Gold
Gold Lost to Sabotage: 14,400,000 Gold
Sabotage Damage (condensed): 0 Gold
Gold Lost to Sabotage: 14,400,000 Gold
Sabotage Cost: 0 Gold

The text in bolded red is showing double.

andyt683
6th March 2018, 05:24 AM
On the base it shows the following:

The text in bolded red is showing double.

Whoops

king_archibald
9th March 2018, 11:47 AM
I kept getting busses, roads and cars 10 times in a row with the captchaV2.
Those dont work so i refreshed it 10 times and now i'm banned from using CaptchaV2.
Is there a solution for this? I want to be able to click next age :)

try again later
Your computer or network may send automated queries. To protect our users, we can not process your request now. Visit our help page for more information.

Sir_nicolas
9th March 2018, 05:54 PM
why is the gold font all funky looking all of a sudden? and will bio come back? to type a description or list tbg so people know. also would be nice to be able to spy and learn their tbg so people dont get all pissy when i underestimate 4 tbg. also would like soldiers listed on base like they are on training page unless everyone doesnt like that... i like to be able to see everything about my army in my base. also could u add a notification on the base somehwere near the top that lists current unit production or CPM or whatever. cuz i log in a lot and forget to go hit the button and i will log in for 2 hours spending gold then be like oh shit and im only getting 15 soldiers a min. very easy to forget.

Sir_nicolas
9th March 2018, 06:03 PM
another thing someone mentioned but would like to be able to see top stats and history and all that. best of the day slayers clickers etc. also would love to get rid of online players. being able to see online players just adds to people saying mehhh no online hits... u online hit me wahhhh. i just think it would be better and more fun without the online hits. excited for next age

Whishy
9th March 2018, 07:35 PM
why is the gold font all funky looking all of a sudden? and will bio come back? to type a description or list tbg so people know. also would be nice to be able to spy and learn their tbg so people dont get all pissy when i underestimate 4 tbg. also would like soldiers listed on base like they are on training page unless everyone doesnt like that... i like to be able to see everything about my army in my base. also could u add a notification on the base somehwere near the top that lists current unit production or CPM or whatever. cuz i log in a lot and forget to go hit the button and i will log in for 2 hours spending gold then be like oh shit and im only getting 15 soldiers a min. very easy to forget.

End of every age the gold text turns into a photo (or whatever) to prevent AC's

Bio; too many people abused it, and most alliances will have something in their own profile to follow. Two hours TBG is pretty much an unwritten rule anyways. If you have problems message them, or sab them.

Soldiers were at the bottom of the base page

CPM notifier along with last attacked/sabbed would be cool indeed. Though it becomes habit after a while, just like banking

another thing someone mentioned but would like to be able to see top stats and history and all that. best of the day slayers clickers etc. also would love to get rid of online players. being able to see online players just adds to people saying mehhh no online hits... u online hit me wahhhh. i just think it would be better and more fun without the online hits. excited for next age

Top players page was still there, just no link to it ;)

Hit 'em, not your problem if people bank too slowly.

Rather than make another post elsewhere I'll say this here; well done on the revamp of the game. Seems like interest has really picked back up :)

Lady_Rowan
12th March 2018, 03:52 PM
aka Polgara

Double trouble event is taking 12 attack turns off me :icon_eh:

Whishy
12th March 2018, 04:58 PM
Where do I see the fort that users have? Unless I'm blind I cannot see it on the user page anymore and intel only shows siege and covert levels.

Lady_Rowan
21st March 2018, 01:52 PM
doesnt this event usually mean .. you can buy more weapons for your gold ?

Cheap Date - All weapon use costs reduced by 40% (17 minutes 44 seconds left)

As I could only buy the normal amount :(

Whishy
21st March 2018, 02:31 PM
doesnt this event usually mean .. you can buy more weapons for your gold ?

Cheap Date - All weapon use costs reduced by 40% (17 minutes 44 seconds left)

As I could only buy the normal amount :(

Industrious is the event that takes 10% off the weapon price.

Cheap date reduces repair costs.

Lady_Rowan
22nd March 2018, 03:15 AM
thanks Wishy .. didnt spot the "use" bit

didn't we used to get more turns/troops each day we logged in? been on 8 turns for days and turns is :eek13:

joly
24th March 2018, 10:45 PM
Is there a way to reset those frikkin captchas??????????????????? I can't get them correct anymore, its so annoying to have to do them over 10x and more eachtime.

Why do you punish people playing on a computer? The mobile people have it so much easier :/

andyt683
25th March 2018, 08:51 AM
Is there a way to reset those frikkin captchas??????????????????? I can't get them correct anymore, its so annoying to have to do them over 10x and more eachtime.

I've had luck resetting cookies. Other people have recommended incognito mode. Using it for a few days may reset it.

The final option is using a site which has a lot of "Invisible" ReCaptchas. From what I've read, Google is (for some reason) counting the number of times you get pictures, and counting that against you. If a site like ours uses it for routine verification, that's somehow "bad", but using their invisible one is somehow "good". Since we're rolling the ReCaptcha out to all pages to replace our in-house one that has been OCR'ed to a reasonable extent, we want you to have the option of pre-filling the CAPTCHA on places like the armory.

We'll be testing and implementing the Invisible ReCaptcha in places where it makes sense down the road.

Why do you punish people playing on a computer? The mobile people have it so much easier :/

Blame fury.

But seriously, we have a mix of development styles, and fury's current style is "mobile-first", and mine is "desktop-first". We both test equally on the other devices, so neither should really be favored. It's a delicate balance to make things work on screens of all sizes. You should not feel punished, no matter what you use.

joly
25th March 2018, 09:01 AM
ok, please try your best.

Been trying for 5 minutes now to get past the captcha :/ Down to 100 soldiers now :/

fientelo
16th June 2018, 05:34 PM
On a professional manner, when it comes to websites for customers, it's always called mobile-first imo.

Anyways on another point, the chat... The chat aint working man :p I wonder when age 30 is coming and it annoys me that I cant get to the chat, I dont use IRC nor have I ever really done so, its confusing and weird to me still and the Mibbit link doesnt work at all, it links u to a page where it seems like its trying to load Mibbit but the return is just "No server tab, and no channel specified." And this goes for firefox + my steam browser I havnt tried chrome yet but gonna throw a wild guess that it's happening in all browsers.

Other then that I like the background picture, lifts some more life to the website, however I do notice some breaks in some of the general rules of making a website :p which is like the search bar... I mean I'm a perfectionist and that bar... That bar just breaks so many rules xD I noticed the issue is the margin on the left side is higher em value and also its em value is based on the body font-size and not the search bars' font-size so if you've had issues with that, then that's why.

Possible solutions;
Atleast I think I hit the right values.

Love the website cause it looks like you coded it urself, also while reading some of the frontend code I noticed u used body tag for the whole website :p normally u put the contact and businesslinks and the copyright in a footer but thats not really important. ^^

Lewwer
18th June 2018, 06:22 PM
That's the second gold rush age that hasn't paid out any gold. Looks like events are broken? or some of them are sortof broken? Dunno, but gold rush hasn't worked at least twice.

Lady_Rowan
22nd June 2018, 02:41 AM
Error 502 ... host side

Wake up Roc... its friday already!

Magical-Trevor
22nd June 2018, 03:45 AM
Error 502 Ray ID: 42edc613cbd16a97 • 2018-06-22 09:43:59 UTC
Bad gateway
You
Browser
Working
London
Cloudflare
Working
www.ruinsofchaos.com
Host
Error

Magical-Trevor
22nd June 2018, 03:45 AM
It looks like something went bang!

Keneva
22nd June 2018, 09:30 AM
Game Starts: 1hr 20min

Go spend your gold!

joly
30th June 2018, 06:22 AM
Anyone have a clue on how to pass those captchas?????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Been trying for half an hour now, and i succeeded TWICE, like W T F

Its now even interfering with my other stuff, where i can't login on regular sites anymore.

Adblock removed, ccleaner used, all that stuff tried allready

MrsTwaddle
3rd July 2018, 06:48 AM
The building for the recruiter won't let me purchase this stage.

Recruiter Upgrade
100% saving enabled +5% max credits save
52,044,902,338,716 Gold or 121,647 Credits

I don't think it's working right anyway, as I'm on 60 credits max and its saving 60 credits at that time.

bloodpirate
5th July 2018, 08:49 PM
The building for the recruiter won't let me purchase this stage.

Recruiter Upgrade
100% saving enabled +5% max credits save
52,044,902,338,716 Gold or 121,647 Credits

I don't think it's working right anyway, as I'm on 60 credits max and its saving 60 credits at that time.

i have the same question .. i have 100% and there is an option for +5% more... will that give me 5% more credits saved? or ??? 65 credits instead of 60 as max??

bloodpirate
10th July 2018, 08:56 AM
so, i had a few credits to waste, 121k .. so tried to do the upgrade for +5% more

Recruiter Upgrade 100% saving enabled
52,044,902,338,716 Gold or 121,647 Credits +5% max credits saved

and nothing happened.