PDA

View Full Version : IRC broken

ShadowMajestic
1st February 2017, 07:42 AM
Bonsai, or to whom it may concern.

The cyanide-x.net domain is not working, so IRC is not accessible. Can't find a direct IP anywhere on Google, so yeah.

http://cyanide-x.net/ leads to shit, the IRC subdomains are unknown http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=dnsrec&host=hydra.cyanide-x.net

ShadowMajestic
1st February 2017, 08:02 AM
found an IP 119.252.27.54

ShadowMajestic
6th February 2017, 09:39 AM
And now that one is down as well.

I am really impressed by the reaction speed of Cyanide-x and KoC on this matter. Good thing you guys keeps us all updated so well, I mean, really, kudos. Good job on letting the domain name get hijacked, the attention to detail is impressive.

Joking aside, I can see why this game is dying and doing so horribly. At last, Aman will get his wish.

Danny
6th February 2017, 10:21 AM
It's not working at all..... whats going on...

ThirtySeven
6th February 2017, 10:27 AM
It's not working at all..... whats going on...

Let me start a rumor cause I love gossip and conspiracies: a large portion of accounts got banned this week, BP stops making his daily post, and suddenly IRC stops working completely. Maybe someone didn't take his/her ban lightly. :D

SpiderWoman
6th February 2017, 11:15 AM
I can't get on IRC this server isn't even working for me 119.252.27.54 . Anyone got a way to get on as I hear some folks are on with no problems.

ShadowMajestic
6th February 2017, 11:21 AM
I can't get on IRC this server isn't even working for me 119.252.27.54 . Anyone got a way to get on as I hear some folks are on with no problems.

IIRC Cyanide-x had a couple of different servers. They might still have their direct IP's in their clients.

If you can talk to them and incase they use mIRC, let them type:

//echo -a $serverip

somax-
6th February 2017, 11:48 AM
The ONLY IRC server that still runs is meerkat (which needs to be input as that odd number we've been using lately).

Meerkat is down

Both cyanide owners are informed.

They pay out of pocket

Instead of complaining donate so they can run it smoother?

Have you ever seen another website go down before?

Shit happens. Give them time

End of complaints

ThomasA
6th February 2017, 11:53 AM
IIRC Cyanide-x had a couple of different servers. They might still have their direct IP's in their clients.

If you can talk to them and incase they use mIRC, let them type:

//echo -a $serverip

It's was downsized to one server for clients.

Need to consider the reliability of the source... similar to the 'KoC is back' claims when it has gone down.

People, if you want to spam for fun, use the wastelands. However do not use it for KoC politics or to circumvent the rules...

ShadowMajestic
6th February 2017, 12:58 PM
It's was downsized to one server for clients.

Ah bummer, only came back after the domain was hijacked. Finding the IP took some effort, had to bug quite a few people ingame to get that IP address.

The ONLY IRC server that still runs is meerkat (which needs to be input as that odd number we've been using lately).

Meerkat is down

Both cyanide owners are informed.

They pay out of pocket

Instead of complaining donate so they can run it smoother?

Have you ever seen another website go down before?

Shit happens. Give them time

End of complaints

Shit happens indeed, not a big issue if it happens. However, for the past week there have been issues regarding the Kings of Chaos chat. But nothing, no topic, no announcement, no message, no information anywhere. They could at least inform us, update the chat link, post a mibbit link or whatever. Anything would be more sufficient than zero communication. The (2) topics were ignored until today when poop hit the fan.

ThirtySeven
6th February 2017, 01:04 PM
But nothing, no topic, no announcement, no message, no information anywhere. They could at least inform us, update the chat link, post a mibbit link or whatever.

Usually stuff happens when you're not around. Stuff happens because you're not around to fix it and/or prevent it. The smaller the community gets, the more you get dependent on the few that's left. That means that when stuff breaks down, it will remain down quite a lot longer.

Imagine that keeping the IRC server running to please you and me is not their first job. If you want it to be their first job, make them an offer they cannot refuse.

EDIT: I was posting this, and then KoC seem to have broken down also. Free evening for everybody. Everybody except those we are depending on. :D

EDIT2: KoC going down was just a database hickup.