PDA

View Full Version : Bringing back the Undeads - Race suggestion.

fientelo
21st June 2016, 06:50 AM
Hello guys,

Ever since this age started, I've been looking at this new change with mercs costing money, thinking about the potential for new things when it comes to this bargain of having to pay upkeep for mercs.
These days some of the races feels weak, while orcs still feels quite strong and I'm actually not going to go into details about that, all the bonuses at the moment are minor and we know it, I like it that way aswell.

So Undead, we had it once if I remember correctly and I would love to see it back in, because I've been having this strong idea about mercs and undeads.

Racial for Undeads would never be so suited as to this;
Undeads can perform a ritual to bring Zombies back to life, giving them a second chance to defend their leader.
Ritual takes 24 hours to complete giving xx amount of zombies as zombie mercs equivelant to trained attack and defense mercs, Ritual and upkeep for Zombie mercs will be free.

Once Zombie mercs are dead, like current mercs they will cease to exist.

So what does this mean? Is this the new OP? No, it wouldnt be, because in order to get Zombies it requires actual dead soldiers and when the Zombie mercs die, they wont come back as zombies since mercs arent counted towards Zombies.
Undeads will then be the race that earns least on grave events, so this is another punishment, its small but its there.

Potential about this idea;
For mains, they dont usually get hit all that often, but if they do have a few zombies at the end of the age they could bring back the zombies, since the zombie mercs will be a bit stronger than the regular mercs since they got the stats of both DA and strike mercs and since mercs are limited, this could be a gamechanger in the end.

This is a rough suggestion and not expecting everything to go as I have had planned in my head, but I think that it is a suiting racial for a awesome race.

Lib3rateyourm1nd
21st June 2016, 08:10 AM
Hello guys,

Ever since this age started, I've been looking at this new change with mercs costing money, thinking about the potential for new things when it comes to this bargain of having to pay upkeep for mercs.
These days some of the races feels weak, while orcs still feels quite strong and I'm actually not going to go into details about that, all the bonuses at the moment are minor and we know it, I like it that way aswell.

So Undead, we had it once if I remember correctly and I would love to see it back in, because I've been having this strong idea about mercs and undeads.

Racial for Undeads would never be so suited as to this;
Undeads can perform a ritual to bring Zombies back to life, giving them a second chance to defend their leader.
Ritual takes 24 hours to complete giving xx amount of zombies as zombie mercs equivelant to trained attack and defense mercs, Ritual and upkeep for Zombie mercs will be free.

Once Zombie mercs are dead, like current mercs they will cease to exist.

So what does this mean? Is this the new OP? No, it wouldnt be, because in order to get Zombies it requires actual dead soldiers and when the Zombie mercs die, they wont come back as zombies since mercs arent counted towards Zombies.
Undeads will then be the race that earns least on grave events, so this is another punishment, its small but its there.

Potential about this idea;
For mains, they dont usually get hit all that often, but if they do have a few zombies at the end of the age they could bring back the zombies, since the zombie mercs will be a bit stronger than the regular mercs since they got the stats of both DA and strike mercs and since mercs are limited, this could be a gamechanger in the end.

This is a rough suggestion and not expecting everything to go as I have had planned in my head, but I think that it is a suiting racial for a awesome race.

I like the idea of tweaking race bonus's, bringing back the undead, or bringing in a brand new race since elves are a complete flop this age. I don't know if it would be a game changer for mains though. Most mains barely get hit, if they do at all, and if they do, they have the mercs to cover it. I can see where this might be interesting, but not a game changer for mains.

fientelo
23rd June 2016, 01:18 AM
I like the idea of tweaking race bonus's, bringing back the undead, or bringing in a brand new race since elves are a complete flop this age. I don't know if it would be a game changer for mains though. Most mains barely get hit, if they do at all, and if they do, they have the mercs to cover it. I can see where this might be interesting, but not a game changer for mains.

Thanks for the input,

I used to think that Orcs should be renamed to Reapers given their racial bonus. Just makes a lot more sense.

Chocolate_Milk
24th June 2016, 10:24 AM
i think the current orc bonus should be an "undead" bonus, and orcs need a different one.