PDA

View Full Version : Elves feel kind of weak.

Sonata
8th June 2016, 08:08 AM
So besides the fact that you already get a penalty for sabbing as elves now, I feel like the reward for playing them is little to none so far. Given, I'm playing a small account. But I've sabbed a small handful of people so far and sometimes don't even get any weapons stolen, so really its hurting ME more than its hurting the people I sab by me being elves.

And then I get this: sab a guy 10x, get in 8 times. Can only sab 1 weapon in a go. I managed to "steal" weapons one time. Here it is: You infiltrated xxxxx's armory with 1 spies and sabotaged 1 Excalibur for a total of 1,000,000 gold in damages. Your spies managed to sneak 0 Excaliburs back home, leave fakes behind.

OP.

I feel like in this instance, it should be rounded up to at least allow an actual steal of 1 weapon instead...?

Anyone else having more luck than me?

Metallic
8th June 2016, 03:09 PM
Hmm, I think it will get much more powerful as age goes on, still too early to sab people anyway.

Octo
8th June 2016, 03:52 PM
Pixies masterrace

biglou250
8th June 2016, 04:04 PM
Do elves even lift, bro? Lmao. skinny weak phaggots m8

But seriously, as the age goes on that will improve. I'm guessing you were sabbing a player with a very low SoV since 1 Excal a go - you shouldn't gain much from sabbing them anyway.

Sonata
10th June 2016, 04:38 PM
You infiltrated xxxx's armory with 25 spies and sabotaged 2 Blades for a total of 400,000 gold in damages. Your spies managed to sneak 0 Blades back home, leave fakes behind. Your weapon damage cost for this mission: 88,221 Gold. Your Spy is now 251,430,953 (lost 129,148)

yeaaaaa XD

but yes, he is a weak account, though he had 3 covert upgrades on me when i started. i can use 25 spies now but the dmg i do is still nothing, and still kinda sad that i sab 2 weapons and get 0 of them :-P

Octo
10th June 2016, 05:42 PM
Suggestion for new races next age:

Pepes -> +50% dankness
Turekys -> +25% cowardice, +25% running from battle success rate

Metallic
11th June 2016, 09:40 AM
Suggestion for new races next age:

Pepes -> +50% dankness
Turekys -> +25% cowardice, +25% running from battle success rate

Pepes are too op revise pls

andyt683
14th June 2016, 04:17 AM
I can't go any higher than 20% dank. Anything else would just make things too imbalanced.

ShadowLord
15th June 2016, 05:43 AM
Hmm, I think it will get much more powerful as age goes on, still too early to sab people anyway.

Hardly. If you sab enough to match the #1 sabber from last age, the elf bonus will only generate ~14b worth of gold. For comparison, your costs from sabbing this much would be at least 5x that.

Sonata
19th June 2016, 09:27 PM
Hardly. If you sab enough to match the #1 sabber from last age, the elf bonus will only generate ~14b worth of gold. For comparison, your costs from sabbing this much would be at least 5x that.

keep in mind elves get a 25% sab penalty, so itll be harder for them to even get there.

The low chance, combined with the very small steal is kinda eh. But with 30% of the game playing elves this age, (#1 race) I'm curious to see what everyone ends up getting out of it. technically, with the guys ive been sabbing, its been 20% chance to steal 0% of what I've stolen, so I'm literally just getting penalized for sabbing at all.

I feel like if the 20% chance happens, and at least 1 weapon is sabbed but 0 weapons are stolen, it should just round up to 1 weapon. That'd be better than nothing, considering if you were playing any other race you'd actually do 25% more damage.

Instead of -25% sab effectiveness, just raise the cost of sabbing by 25-30%. That'd be a little more fair, since the steal amount is directly influenced by the amount of weapons sabbed. Raising spy will mean getting in more, but going all out spy will result in larger repairs so going sab crazy can end up lowering your spy more. Then you have a choice *strategy!* to either keep your stolen weapons or sell them to aid in the repair cost.

Another thing to consider is make elven coverts worth less gold/cost more to train. Or make their own spy weapons cost more, to make it harder to get going and that will make stealing weapons feel like more of an accomplishment.

fientelo
10th July 2016, 05:17 AM
keep in mind elves get a 25% sab penalty, so itll be harder for them to even get there.

The low chance, combined with the very small steal is kinda eh. But with 30% of the game playing elves this age, (#1 race) I'm curious to see what everyone ends up getting out of it. technically, with the guys ive been sabbing, its been 20% chance to steal 0% of what I've stolen, so I'm literally just getting penalized for sabbing at all.

I feel like if the 20% chance happens, and at least 1 weapon is sabbed but 0 weapons are stolen, it should just round up to 1 weapon. That'd be better than nothing, considering if you were playing any other race you'd actually do 25% more damage.

Instead of -25% sab effectiveness, just raise the cost of sabbing by 25-30%. That'd be a little more fair, since the steal amount is directly influenced by the amount of weapons sabbed. Raising spy will mean getting in more, but going all out spy will result in larger repairs so going sab crazy can end up lowering your spy more. Then you have a choice *strategy!* to either keep your stolen weapons or sell them to aid in the repair cost.

Another thing to consider is make elven coverts worth less gold/cost more to train. Or make their own spy weapons cost more, to make it harder to get going and that will make stealing weapons feel like more of an accomplishment.

Rounded up to 1 could be abused early if you have someone banking some excals (1-20 excals) then they can have their allies sab to get more excals sell value. And that would ruin early game I think.
But then again I've been sitting with a Dragonskin that has been bugged all age, it shows in my logs tho.

Jesus
10th July 2016, 09:08 AM
Rounded up to 1 could be abused early if you have someone banking some excals (1-20 excals) then they can have their allies sab to get more excals sell value. And that would ruin early game I think.
But then again I've been sitting with a Dragonskin that has been bugged all age, it shows in my logs tho.

^this

Also, anyone with a calculator could've figured out elves is not worth it. GG everyone who switched because they didn't figure this out beforehand :thumbsup:

Sonata
13th July 2016, 08:48 PM
They post the new race bonuses only hours before the age begins, and I personally picked elves because it "sounded good" and didn't have time to do the math due to work and life and such. I usually end up activating account on my phone while I'm on break, one time I even activated while walking down the street between two jobs. Not a lot of time to plan, in either case.

However "weak", it's kind of cool in a way, I can bank one stat while still raising another. If nothing else, I can just sell what I steal and it negates the sab damage entirely, even leaves a profit afterwards.

But between that and the fact that the age has been going on for 7 weeks and they still haven't changed the logo to age 23 yet tells me the decisions and such have been rushed on the other end as well. I figured they'd have a tally on how much you stole from sabs by now...would be helpful since I don't think theres a notification for when you actually steal a weapon unless you go into your logs from base, and if you sab a lot, its kind of difficult/annoying to figure out what the numbers actually were.

andyt683
15th July 2016, 06:21 AM
But between that and the fact that the age has been going on for 7 weeks and they still haven't changed the logo to age 23 yet tells me the decisions and such have been rushed on the other end as well

I don't have Photoshop, and the guy who does launched Avabur and left the RoC team. Nothing else to that.

My attentions are elsewhere right now, code-wise. We've been spending our resources bailing, when we should have been patching the leaks.

SabSquad
19th July 2016, 05:47 AM
I don't have Photoshop, and the guy who does launched Avabur and left the RoC team. Nothing else to that.

My attentions are elsewhere right now, code-wise. We've been spending our resources bailing, when we should have been patching the leaks.

It must be a layered file, you own it?

I can photoshop you stuff no prob.