PDA

View Full Version : Can I use scripts in KOC ?

TimtheToolmanTaylor
14th September 2015, 06:34 AM
Are scripts allowed to automate the game ? If so that would be cool. I wouldnt even have thought about scripts until I started getting msgs to join them like the one below. And this one even has a 'Msg Read" feature and msg's you again. Funny thing is that his mailbox is full. The first msg was recevied within 3 mins of me creating my account and the reply was shortly after I read the msg and tried to reply saying no thank you.

First msg

Recruiting is not allowed on this forum.... that also means recruit messages are not allowed....

thank you for helping clear up whether scripts are allowed or not.

MFnBonsai
14th September 2015, 06:59 AM
AUTOMATED SCRIPTS ARE NOT ALLOWED....

Anything that allows you to play KoC without doing it yourself is illegal and you will be banned for using any automated scripts....

Alliance scripts are allowed as long as there is nothing automated.... THEY ARE NOT LEGAL OR LEGITIMATE in any way shape or form but you can use them at your own risk.... Admins/mods will NOT legalize any script as they can easily be changed to make them illegal....

So to make it easier for you to understand.... You can use scripts that are not automated....

GiantDave_WoC
14th September 2015, 08:34 AM
No I am just active and read my outbox.

No automation here

bloodpirate
14th September 2015, 08:53 AM
on giveupalready, there are some scripts

gua scripts
http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?78892-Public-Stats-Logger
http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?89540-Public-Recruiter-Age-17

one to help you click faster and one to keep the stats you find for you

en51tm
15th September 2015, 01:21 PM
Are scripts allowed to automate the game ? If so that would be cool. I wouldnt even have thought about scripts until I started getting msgs to join them like the one below. And this one even has a 'Msg Read" feature and msg's you again. Funny thing is that his mailbox is full. The first msg was recevied within 3 mins of me creating my account and the reply was shortly after I read the msg and tried to reply saying no thank you.

First msg

thank you for helping clear up whether scripts are allowed or not.

His mailbox probably wasn't full. You probably tried to reply while your account was still unranked.

GiantDave_WoC
15th September 2015, 06:48 PM
His mailbox probably wasn't full. You probably tried to reply while your account was still unranked.

No they have to be on the battlefield to send them a message.

I thought you would have known that lol

bloodpirate
15th September 2015, 07:20 PM
yes, bon assured me, they have to be on the bf before you can send them messages .. or you can be banned if you get caught.

en51tm
16th September 2015, 12:06 PM
No they have to be on the battlefield to send them a message.

I thought you would have known that lol

Actually, if you have someones stats link, as long as the account is active it's possible to send a message. From experience on IRC, when I have asked people to send me a message ingame to verify that they were inchain, I have found that those whose accounts were still unranked, were unable to send the message and had the Mailbox is full error.

There's a difference between what is possible and what is allowed.

MFnBonsai
16th September 2015, 09:11 PM
If I remember correctly new accounts cannot send ingame messages for 20 minutes....

Many ages ago we had someone sending spam messages to players after their account got banned when they created new accounts.... I am sure aman or rocco cannot remember which set it to 20 mins or even 30 mins before being allowed to send ingame messages after I requested him to do so to stop the person spamming KoC....

ThomasA
19th September 2015, 05:40 AM
Locking this as the OP's account is no longer active, the query has been resolved.