PDA

View Full Version : Help getting on IRC

soccermike24
31st January 2015, 05:23 PM
So, I'm on the home tab, I have nick and channel filled in, but what server do i connect to? Are there specific ones for say, different alliances? or one general one for KoC?

ghoulavenger
31st January 2015, 06:06 PM
KoC's IRC channels are all on the cyanide-x server. I normally connect on hydra.cyanide-x.net on port 6667. You can also connect to a random server using irc.cyanide-x.net on port 6667. Easiest way to deal with IRC for people that don't know what they're doing is to go to mibbit.com, in the search field input #kingsofchaos, it'll find it for you, and let you connect, without knowing the server beforehand -- or at least it used to, I just tried it and came up blank. But it does still show the cyanide-x server.

ShadowMajestic
1st February 2017, 07:39 AM
KoC's IRC channels are all on the cyanide-x server. I normally connect on hydra.cyanide-x.net on port 6667. You can also connect to a random server using irc.cyanide-x.net on port 6667. Easiest way to deal with IRC for people that don't know what they're doing is to go to mibbit.com, in the search field input #kingsofchaos, it'll find it for you, and let you connect, without knowing the server beforehand -- or at least it used to, I just tried it and came up blank. But it does still show the cyanide-x server.

The thing is, cyanide-x.net domain expired or something. The website leads to a torrent site and the irc subdomains are not linking anywhere. http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=dnsrec&host=hydra.cyanide-x.net

Centurold
2nd February 2017, 12:04 AM
Cyanide-x's IP address is: 119.252.27.54
Connect to that host in stead of any name that depends on DNS ;)