PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Command Chain System" Thread

Blitz
25th January 2005, 02:01 AM
This is the official thread for all suggestions pretaining to the command chain system. This includes thoughts on officers, officer/commander bonuses, possible limitations, and all such ideas. Please be sure that your idea is well thought out and polished before posting.

A few ground rules to read before posting:

1) It is often a problem with threads such as these that members suggest eliminating the officer bonus without suggesting something to make up for this drastic change. Be careful not to do this.

2) All posts must be of a decent length, more than one line. If you want to post an idea, please go into detail about why the change is needed/desirable, what the idea is specifically, and what effect this will have on the game, including the positives and negatives. It can then be discussed. If you want to comment on an idea, don't simply say "This is a good idea, let's go for it," but rather say why you think it is a good idea, and perhaps offer suggestions to improve it or comment on added benefits/unexpected downsides.

3) All posts for the command chain system and only the command chain system are to be posted here. This is to keep this popular idea's threads all in one place, and also to keep this thread on-topic.

Let's see what ideas you all have. :)

Shadowfox
25th January 2005, 10:00 AM
One cool suggestion, that has been suggested before was the "ditch officers" button!
And offcourse the limitation of 100 officers would be great!

That way people like Denny and such would be limited in getting officers because they are 1st :D

Iceman
25th January 2005, 06:11 PM
Being sincerely even when the limitation of the officers would help more people to get better ranks I do not support it, why? because if you have a high quantity of officers is because you have done something that has attracted them and that makes you deserve the bonus you get from their soldiers. If we want new ways to help KoC be more competitive we have to create things and not limit the things we already have, even when I am not part of the "big 3" and my alliance is not one of the biggest ones (by now) we have to understand and accept that if the big 3 has more players and consequently more officers is just because they have offered more and better things to their members. We should create better tools, better forums and better things to encourage the people to be part of more and more alliances, then we would be competing for the best places in a better way than limiting the actual ones.

Jedi
25th January 2005, 09:51 PM
One cool suggestion, that has been suggested before was the "ditch officers" button!

That way people like Denny and such would be limited in getting officers because they are 1st :D

Regarding ditch officers:
On top of that, if the player already used "Switch Commander" option previously, when the existing commander refused to accept application, the player should have another chance to switch commander.

Regarding limitation of 100 officers:
User defined option, in the main stats, so players like Boriszima and I can choose not to have any officers; can set the value to zero. Default value should be unlimited.

Propugnator
25th January 2005, 10:39 PM
If there were a limit on the number of officers someone could have, there would probably be a lot less recruiting messages and messaging accounts. And it's always nicer to earn an officer though effort in persuading them to join your ranks, instead of them just joining you because you're strong, they're weak and a brown nose.

Sp0iL3r
26th January 2005, 12:09 AM

That way people like Denny and such would be limited in getting officers because they are 1st

My idead would be to allow 150 - 200 officers per account.

Being sincerely even when the limitation of the officers would help more people to get better ranks I do not support it, why? because if you have a high quantity of officers is because you have done something that has attracted them and that makes you deserve the bonus you get from their soldiers. If we want new ways to help KoC be more competitive we have to create things and not limit the things we already have, even when I am not part of the "big 3" and my alliance is not one of the biggest ones (by now) we have to understand and accept that if the big 3 has more players and consequently more officers is just because they have offered more and better things to their members. We should create better tools, better forums and better things to encourage the people to be part of more and more alliances, then we would be competing for the best places in a better way than limiting the actual ones.

I dont agree with this post at all because it people with your logic of thinking that have ruined KoC. Why do you think people are constantly leaveing? it's because of the big 3, the people at the top of the chains become to powerful. There is no way denny will be knocked from #1 and that the problem with the game (not denny but how he was able to get so powerful quick).

Regarding limitation of 100 officers:
User defined option, in the main stats, so players like Boriszima and I can choose not to have any officers; can set the value to zero. Default value should be unlimited.

I think officers should have to be approved by the commander they want to join, that would be better then to bale to set a value.

Iceman
26th January 2005, 10:08 AM
I dont agree with this post at all because it people with your logic of thinking that have ruined KoC. Why do you think people are constantly leaveing? it's because of the big 3, the people at the top of the chains become to powerful. There is no way denny will be knocked from #1 and that the problem with the game (not denny but how he was able to get so powerful quick).

The problem with the quantity of the officers in the main account of alliances like the big 3 is not directly because of them. The main cause of this is the players not the alliances. All the alliances offer to their members a lot of things and you deserve to be weaker if you can not do in a better way what others do, we also have to consider the ammount of noobs that join the biggest command chains just bacause they are number 1, how can you solve it? limiting the actual parameters? the answer is no, we have to solve it creating better tools, offering better things, taking more care of the members, helping them more to be stronger than the others and then the new people in KoC would want to be with you and not with the other chains. Unfortunately if you can not do more for your people than what the other alliances do for their members you deserve to be weaker than them... that is the reason because the officers bonus was created, this bonus is a reward for offering them more and giving them more. If your commander does not give you that you will always have the option of switch commanders and even if we did not have this option would be your fault for making the mistake of choose a bad commander.

I know it is a litle bit rude but it's sincerely, if you want to be better than any other you have to do more than him or her. The answer is not to make the big one smaller, the answer is to make the small one bigger, that is competence.

Sp0iL3r
26th January 2005, 03:35 PM
The problem with the quantity of the officers in the main account of alliances like the big 3 is not directly because of them. The main cause of this is the players not the alliances. All the alliances offer to their members a lot of things and you deserve to be weaker if you can not do in a better way what others do, we also have to consider the ammount of noobs that join the biggest command chains just bacause they are number 1, how can you solve it? limiting the actual parameters? the answer is no, we have to solve it creating better tools, offering better things, taking more care of the members, helping them more to be stronger than the others and then the new people in KoC would want to be with you and not with the other chains. Unfortunately if you can not do more for your people than what the other alliances do for their members you deserve to be weaker than them... that is the reason because the officers bonus was created, this bonus is a reward for offering them more and giving them more. If your commander does not give you that you will always have the option of switch commanders and even if we did not have this option would be your fault for making the mistake of choose a bad commander.

The limit isnt for keeping the noobs out of there chains is purely to limit them so they dont grow real huge to quick. Plus if there was to be officer approval and the ability to kick officers then the big guy would be able to just pick there best top 150. Then all there 150 officers would get more officers and so on. Alot of people are not picking to be in with Denny, LS, Bigbad or any of the top players because of what they offer but because of there rank like u said.

Whatever
29th January 2005, 04:37 AM
Presently no approval is required by the commander for anyone to join under as an officer; however, this system has its abusers who create accounts with names such as 'fake account number 2/3/4/etc...,' or profane names or names which challenge another player--clearly with the intent to have revenge exacted upon the unknowing commander in one form or another.
Pathetic but true. :tophat:
A suggestion for Age 4 would be to require a commander's approval before any officer may join. Thanks.

demented_yam
30th January 2005, 03:21 PM
for the 'ditch officers' - good idea. i don't like the fact that a popular player can attract leeches that get protection when people see the 'commanded by denny' on their page. if denny (or whoever) wants to be nice and let them have that immunity, he can, but if he doesn't like people taking advantage of his rank status, he should be allowed to dump them

for limiting officers: make a limit of 50 non-special link officers and unlimited special linked officers. if someone has lots of people follow the link and join, he deserves the troop bonus that you get from officers. if they became an officer by seeing his name on the ranks page and clicking 'make yaddayadda my commander' when they have no idea who yaddayadda really is, the 50 officer limit would come into play. you could possibly circumvent the limit, if you wanted an existing player to become your officer by sending them an invite. (would be like the recruit link, but for existing players)

i also think there should be more of a benefit to the command chain. specifically, your commander and all of your officers (ie: one step up and one step down the chain) should have access to all of your spy reports. (this could be as simple as placing the reports in the report log of the commander, or just a link that appears for them and them only on your page.) an alternative for this is making the reports available to anyone that you have tagged as your ally.

Wesley Flashinpon
1st February 2005, 02:50 PM
#1 anybody in your chain should automatically get the "Ally" sticker next to him
#2 you ought to be able to select ANY OTHER chain to designate with the "ally" sticker. This would cut down dramatically on the friendly fire incidents. Of course, you could manually go through it and change 1 or 2 guys in the chain who you personally disliked if you wished.
* edit: officer limits are stupid. I go to a lot of work to get officers. If I do more work than you, I should get more officers than you. Simple.

demented_yam
1st February 2005, 03:59 PM
officer limits are stupid. I go to a lot of work to get officers. If I do more work than you, I should get more officers than you. Simple.

so that's why we should not limit the number of officers you get from your recruit link.

the number of officers you get from being powerful and people wanting the protection of having you as their commander has nothing to do with the amount of work you did.

if i were powerful enough to attract leeches, i would be pissed off at the thought of some stranger making me their commander and expecting protection, just because my name was on the first page.

lord of storms
1st February 2005, 08:51 PM
http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=6572

#8 will have what I sujest. I have no further buisness here. And I'm not sure if it has already been sujested, I'm sorry but im in a hurry today with much info to spread :-)

Wesley Flashinpon
1st February 2005, 09:08 PM
the number of officers you get from being powerful and people wanting the protection of having you as their commander has nothing to do with the amount of work you did.

I don't think there is any way for the computer to differentiate between officers I recruited and officers that just joined up. Maybe if the "make so and so my commander" thing were not on your page, and you had to be sent a link...

Zelor.eXe
8th February 2005, 06:25 PM
Here is my suggestion:

Keep the officer bonus as-is, but also do this.....

unit production: drop the cost to about 5,000-10,000 per unit upgrade, and have the cost go up on that scale, like this

UP 1: 10,000
UP 2: 20,000
UP 3: 30,000
etc...

this is because at least then everyone would have a shot at the top, not just people who click for hours on end or who have tons of officers, this can be tweaked as nessecary, but i think this is a good idea, it would keep the command chain people happy and also be an asset to the players who dont want to rely on an allaince or clicking or a command chain to get them somewhere, or who simply are unable to get officers galore or program a super fast recruiter, i like koc but if it stays as is and no changes are made to help out the rest of the players get top ranks more people will come and go because they will realize that as it is now koc cannot be won by anyone except the top people with alot of officers or who click alot,

me i like to play a game, not stare at numbers go by ;)

God bless you!