PDA

View Full Version : Movies Shaman King

lenino
7th September 2004, 04:01 PM
For those who haven't heard about this anime, it's about Yoh(the main character) who's looking to become a shaman to live a perfect life. He has an evil twin brother, called Hao(the guy in my sig). Hao killed his mother, and almost killed his father (I think). Every thousand years (or something like that), there's a competence with shamans around the world to become the shaman king, by using their spiritual partners to beat others.
Yoh, to achieve his goal, must become the shaman king, but to do that, he must kill/beat his evil brother.

For those who have heard about this anime, but have never seen it before, I recommend you to get some episodes. They are awesome. I'm not too much into anime as to say "the best artwork ever!" but the episodes are really good.

Here are some characters from Shaman King:

Yoh (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/Leninite89/Yoh.jpg)
Hao (http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/shaman_king/hao/sk_hao0031.jpg)

<3 Shaman King.

Riss
7th September 2004, 06:28 PM
i really enjoy Shaman King. the art might not be top-notch, but that's part of the charm, what adds to the comedy appeal to it. though as with a lot of shows, i do think the manga is better, giving more insight into the story and characters.

and it's every 500 years, not 1000 years

and thank you for calling Yoh's twin Hao instead of Zeke. Zeke just doesn't fit.

lenino
7th September 2004, 07:06 PM
Sorry about the years. It has been a while since I watch them. I'll be trying to buy the episodes (that might be quite expensive) in an anime convention in about 2 months where I live.

About Yoh's twin, I didn't know he was called Zeke. I knew him as Hao, not Zeke. :/

Of course I forgot a lot of characters like Manta, Anna, fire spirit, Ryu, Ren Tao(sp), etc.

The anime has a diversity of characters and personalities which makes each of them special in their own way.

Riss
8th September 2004, 03:15 PM
About Yoh's twin, I didn't know he was called Zeke. I knew him as Hao, not Zeke. :/

yeah, from what i've seen so far in the dub that airs on Fox, Hao = Zeke, Tao Ren = Lenny, Horo Horo = Trey, Ryu = Rio, Manta = Morty *shudder* and Harusame is the Sword of Light, and they can't say Mosuke's name right, and a lot of other changes

Saya
9th September 2004, 08:48 AM
I simply love Shaman King.....and the kinky relation ship between Yoh and Anne lol...

Demonic
9th September 2004, 03:50 PM
yeah, from what i've seen so far in the dub that airs on Fox, Hao = Zeke, Tao Ren = Lenny, Horo Horo = Trey, Ryu = Rio, Manta = Morty *shudder* and Harusame is the Sword of Light, and they can't say Mosuke's name right, and a lot of other changes

Wow, those names are really weird.
I really love Shaman King, the story is great. A kid called Yoh who wants to become the Shaman King to live a peaceful life, but before being the shaman king he must win the tournament that is made every 500 years.

lenino
9th September 2004, 05:35 PM
That's what I said, demonicpants!

I never knew about the other names, though the first time I watched shaman king was on Fox. I don't live in the USA, maybe that's why.

Neko Reichiru
9th September 2004, 05:47 PM
I hate the names for the US dub. After reading the manga in Shonen Jump I thought they'd at least try to keep almost all the names. What kind of name is Morty? I never did watch a lot of the dub, simply because I preferred the manga to it. It is a favorite of mine though. The shaman battles are pretty cool and Saria's right. It is funny to watch Yoh and Anna's relationship

Demonic
9th September 2004, 08:46 PM
That's what I said, demonicpants!

I never knew about the other names, though the first time I watched shaman king was on Fox. I don't live in the USA, maybe that's why.

It not Fox Kids anymore, now it's Jetix.
Of the names the weirder ones are Lenny(Lenin = Lenny =D) and Zeke(Reminds me of Sake) Hao's name kick ass aswell as the other's japanese ones.

Neko Reichiru
10th September 2004, 05:12 AM
I think calling him Lenny is a bit much. If they'd only have called him Len it'd be fine since the Japanese character it's translated from can stand for either an 'R' or an 'L'. I like Ren better though

Fallen
10th September 2004, 05:54 AM
I simply love Shaman King.....and the kinky relation ship between Yoh and Anne lol...
How is their relationship kinky....?

Nevermind..I myself have only been able to watch it on fox kids so forgive me for not knowing the character's true names etc as I've only heard the names of the us version. Shaman king ownsssss although I don't totally get the point of that gorup of 5 shaman that are female and yet they could have been so much better with the sorts of weapons they have but noooo. They are lame and crap (refereing to stage 2 of the shaman tourny)

Shaman king rulesssssssssssssssssss

lenino
10th September 2004, 02:45 PM
I don't totally get the point of that gorup of 5 shaman that are female and yet they could have been so much better with the sorts of weapons they have but noooo. They are lame and crap (refereing to stage 2 of the shaman tourny)
Maybe because they don't have as good spiritual power as others? Remember, their strenght is measured in spiritual powers, not the weapons they use.

now is Jetix
Wow. I need to watch tv more often.

Not sure if kinky...But surely interesting. Yoh is kinda scared of Anne, and Anne threats him bad sometimes but she actually cares about him and threats him bad because trying to become the shaman king isn't an easy goal.

Saya
12th September 2004, 12:47 AM

Nevermind..I myself have only been able to watch it on fox kids so forgive me for not knowing the character's true names etc as I've only heard the names of the us version. Shaman king ownsssss although I don't totally get the point of that gorup of 5 shaman that are female and yet they could have been so much better with the sorts of weapons they have but noooo. They are lame and crap (refereing to stage 2 of the shaman tourny)

Shaman king rulesssssssssssssssssss

well....Anna obviously loves Yoh but ...makes it clear a bit odd :p (making him like a slave lol) and that group was just...worthless >.>. I think I should be glad only have watched the japanese version of it...since the english version doesn't sound all that great heh..

Ceres
12th September 2004, 12:29 PM
well....Anna obviously loves Yoh but ...makes it clear a bit odd :p (making him like a slave lol) and that group was just...worthless >.>. I think I should be glad only have watched the japanese version of it...since the english version doesn't sound all that great heh..
It's not...horrible. Mostly just the dub names. Which are...kind of dumb.

Plus I don't like what they did with Faust! THEY EDITED OUT ELIZA'S BULLET HOLE! T.T

Darn kid friendly editing >.<

Darkstar_
12th September 2004, 12:54 PM
i don't really like the anime but i prefer the manga in Shonen Jump more. I think the FoxBox version changed it alot and dumbed it down for the younger viewers. In the manga there is tons of violence and blood like right now in Shonen Jump Manta got his skinned open up when Yoh is fighting Faust and his insides are showing and blood is spurting everywhere...good stuff.

My favorite character would have to be Amidamaru...he is just one of the coolest samurais that i have seen. And his back story in the manga is so cool.

Ceres
12th September 2004, 12:57 PM
That's why it should never have been showed on the Fox Box. All of the good stuff is edited out.

Like Eliza's bullet hole. T-T

And that Dead-Ender that got stabbed.

My favorite character is Faust. I like Necromancers, plus he's crazy.

And German, but I don't think that factors in much.

Riss
12th September 2004, 01:01 PM
Fox's version is edited somewhat from the original anime (and i don't mean just names being changed), but that original still is cleaner than the manga, too. there are quite a few differences between the anime and manga, between bloodiness and story detail. i agree the manga is better, but i still love the anime. i also think the dub on Fox is okay (only a few nitpicks, like names and pronounciations, and Lenny's dub voice, and no Megumi Hayashibara music), but i prefer the original.

Saya
12th September 2004, 03:59 PM
I dun like Faust that much.....he's scary....
I like Hao/Yoh and Anna best o.O

Riss
12th September 2004, 07:54 PM
Faust is cool once you get used to him. and he's really cool in the manga. i like Yoh a lot. and Ren (he reminds me somewhat of Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho for some reason). but Amidamaru is my favorite. i seem to have a thing for samurais :) and he's not that all bad looking, either (yummy silver hair ^-^)

Saya
13th September 2004, 02:11 AM
but but he is the only one made such a big deal of the shaman entree fight.. and Amidamaru.... he's a cool guy ^-^.....if Hiei is like Ren I probably like him too heh, but still Anna's fondling kicks ass >.>

I am a Spiritualistic Medium.
*fondles her necklace*
I fondle it once, for the seed of the father
I fondle it twice, for the seed of the mother
I fondle it thrice, for the hometown.
*fondles*
Mirror, descend upon my body.
If this voice is heard over in the other world, stand up.
If the sounds of these beads is heard, come out now!
Fusion of the Spiritualistic Medium! Get Inside! Hyoui Gattai!

coolness :D

Ceres
13th September 2004, 08:47 AM
I dun like Faust that much.....he's scary....
I like Hao/Yoh and Anna best o.O
He's not scary...erm...just strange. Eccentric, maybe.

I still like him the best ^-^

Demonic
20th September 2004, 06:25 PM
Faust is alright. The one that I really hate is Lyserg. :/

lenino
20th September 2004, 06:28 PM
Yeah, Faust is not bad. He's funny. I don't like Lyserg nor Len/Ren Tao. D:

Ceres
21st September 2004, 11:23 AM
Faust is alright. The one that I really hate is Lyserg. :/
Nice subliminal message.

Did anyone watch the first episode of season 2?

Calypso
21st September 2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I've seen the first episode of season 2... That is the one where the plane crashed, right? Anyway, that's the most recent episode I've seen. Anyway, Faust is cool. I like the necromancer stuff.

Saya
22nd September 2004, 06:57 PM
first episode of season 2....? there is a season 2??

Ceres
23rd September 2004, 08:30 AM
first episode of season 2....? there is a season 2??
Yeah. Round two of the Shaman fight is the start.

Calypso
23rd September 2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah, that'd be when the plane crashed in Dobe desert. It's alright so far, but it's only on on saturdays. Len's too funny, it may just be my dubbing, but:
"Are you trying to achieve a new level of stupid?!"

Saya
23rd September 2004, 03:58 PM
oh is that a season 2..........*looks dissapointed* I thought you meant like....season 2...series 2 ^-^ lol I saw all of it already sooooooo I want to know if there will be a Shaman King 2 ......bwoozz...the thing beeped on the end! but you'll know what I am talking about when you see :D no spoilies!

Calypso
30th September 2004, 12:42 PM
Where do you live that you've already seen it?

mannersman
30th September 2004, 06:18 PM
iv only read the manga and i live in the us so the first 4 grafic novels are all thats out here... so far its good but... nm... its just good

Calypso
1st October 2004, 03:15 PM
In the US? I live in Canada and I've already seen the second season. I'm subscribed to Shonen Jump Graphic novels so I don't bother buying the Graphic Novels, I'll read 'em sooner or later.

Riss
1st October 2004, 06:06 PM
a Shaman King 2? i dunno about that. i'm not sure how the manga ended, as i've only read what's publishes stateside so far by Shonen Jump (i get Jump, and buy the SK graphic novels), but if the anime's based on the manga, i've a feeling that's how it ended, and if there's a SK 2 made, it'd probably be made strictly for the US audience, like how Big O 2 was (i believe).