PDA

View Full Version : Alliances

Sangrean
19th January 2005, 07:51 PM
If you were going to join an alliance, would the size of the alliance really matter to you? Assuming each of the groups gave equal benefits, which would you want to join?

Please vote honestly!

Shadowfox
19th January 2005, 11:31 PM
What vote? :p

And I don't really understand your question ... :(

ROCK LOBSTER
20th January 2005, 12:12 AM
i guess he forgot to make the poll...

if you want my honest opinion Zyvin, I think it does matter. In bigger alliances you get to know more people but it's also confusing. Leaders don't pay so much attention to you either. Specially if you're a newbie, you need someone to help you out to get used to the game...if you're experienced you can go to a big clan and find your way up to the High Council to get the leaders to trust you and give you priviledges.

You can do this also by having your own small alliance and making friends with the leaders. Altho it takes lotta time and effort to have a succesfull one.

I like smaller alliances cuz you get to know each person really well and spamming around is fun when everyone's active...

So it depends on what you're looking for... i personally prefer being in a smaller alliance but having lotza friends around who help my alliance out in war :)

loldongs
20th January 2005, 12:16 AM
I go for smaller alliances. I dont like beinng part of the monopolies, i want smaller alliances and pllayers to get better, and i do so by joining them. Wheres the fun in having no competition?

In big alliances theres not much attention paid, and if it is, its negative or useless. I'd rather be on smaller and more active forums with players that are funny, nice, cool, and good at koc aswell, like my current alliances:)

Shadowfox
20th January 2005, 02:01 AM
Well your alliances aren't that small ...

ER
FiT
TSH ...

All 'big' alliances ...

Anyway I prefer small alliances too though I like to stick with some big for the recruiters :p

crazyelves
20th January 2005, 02:08 AM
yeah i go small as well.. but small for me is about 150- ... but i like it because you have more oportunities to get a high forum rank and high forum ranks are kewl to have because you feel important.. :)

Teiresias
20th January 2005, 02:49 AM
Well I would definitely start out in a small alliance. The people can take care of you far better there as it is only a small community where you won't lose your face.

Tekano
20th January 2005, 03:24 AM
medium here, shadowfox: compared to pr and sc tsh, fit etc. are small :tongue:

the alliances I'm in are medium sized.

Sangrean
20th January 2005, 04:07 AM
i dont know what happened to the poll, so i just added another one. Can you guys see it now?

Tekano
20th January 2005, 08:20 AM
yeah we can. and I'd choose the option 500 - 2000 if that option exsited :tongue:

Zap
20th January 2005, 08:32 AM
when I started out to find a clan I wanted a big one, because then I thought their clicklist (yes the old one :tongue: ) must be long so I could get a big army size, but now I am nolonger there for the clicks

so approx 500 members should be enough for me

Shadowfox
20th January 2005, 10:46 AM
I would (and i did) choose -500!

Those are medium/small alliance and they are the best!

Toon_Warrior
20th January 2005, 02:12 PM
i liek to be part of small allainces i like to help them grow into good strong allainces. I also like reasonble small allainces but i think everyone is closly knitted compared to big allainces you get to knwo people alot better i feel i also feel you get more attention if your having trouble from people. Bets size for allaince is 100-300 not to big but not to small so there is still alot of activity.

Blitz
20th January 2005, 02:24 PM
Well your alliances aren't that small ...

ER
FiT
TSH ...

All 'big' alliances ...

Anyway I prefer small alliances too though I like to stick with some big for the recruiters :p
First time I've seen my own alliance on a list of "Big" alliances...As some pointed out, alliances such as PR, SC, LoP, ToA, and perhaps another one or two completely dwarf us. Depending on what you mean by membership size, FiT could be considered to have anywhere from 50 to 300 members. We have 300 registered, about 50 that I think check the boards daily/semi-daily, and about 70-85 that reply to roll calls within a few days...

By my standard, that would be about 75+ active members. However, that isn't the standard everyone goes by. I know many alliances that would consider themselves to have over 100 members, yet have under 500 posts on their forums. (FiT has 319 members and 47,000 posts.) If the alliance has over 100 members and under 500 posts, either they just got the forum within the last week, or they should be reviewing their memberships! ;)

I would prefer an alliance have between 50 and 150 active members, as in people with at least 10 posts on the forums each, and hopefully averaging at least a post a day. It's what I've always wanted my alliance to be (and in the last few months it has been). So, my vote goes for under 500, although I would have liked to see some more options for the poll...The stats can be misleading.

Sangrean
20th January 2005, 05:23 PM
I agree with you in a way Blitz. My alliance requires that you post every other day at least, so we're pretty active. Alliances are more fun when people are active.

You could edit the poll to include that, that's a very good idea!

ROCK LOBSTER
20th January 2005, 11:10 PM
lol @ blitz - kinda sounded like a FiT commercial :P anywayz, some alliances have like 50 members and those 50 are quite active...don't look so much at the registered # of members...go to the posting ranks and see more less how many pots per person there are..sometimes one or two members have 2,000 posts and the rest less than 10 :P

i voted under 500...in our last forums we had like 300 registered members but we have like 25 very active and some other 10 who aren't much at the boards but in msn...

Blitz
20th January 2005, 11:34 PM
Well...There have already been almost 20 votes, so the poll would be thrown off if more options were added.

Sorry if my earlier post sounded like an ad--I do allow comparisons between alliance stats though, as do other mods. ;)

Denny
24th January 2005, 07:17 AM
I want to tick the box for 'between 500 and 1000' :)

Shadowfox
24th January 2005, 09:51 AM
LoL the leader of an alliance with more then 5000 members wants an alliance of 500-1000 members :p
Hej Denny why not join KoP but should keep it quite! ;)

TheCelticGenesis
24th January 2005, 11:05 AM
Under 500 are mostly good ones :)

Shadowfox
24th January 2005, 11:36 AM
VegnaBlitz if I mean 'Big' Alliance I do not only mean big member count, but I mean the quality of the members!
Look at FiT! They have you, Tekano, ... if that aint BIG :p

maggot
24th January 2005, 12:14 PM
Fewer than 50members!
Why?

Just because I would rather have 50 members with lots of them active than 500 members with 50% not even posting and checking...
And the group knows eachother better whenur smaller

Sangrean
26th January 2005, 03:41 PM
Fewer than 10 members 0 0%
Fewer than 50 members 6 20.00%
Fewer than 500 members 23 76.67%
More than 2000 members 1 3.33%

seems to me that nobody wants to join a tiny alliance, and that 500 is the limit. Ironic that the big alliances have more members than all the smaller alliances combined...
I personally agree with Maggot ;)

Artoch
30th January 2005, 08:19 AM
i voted fewer than 500. It would be really cool to have all your registered members actively participating on the boards and everything but that's very hard. The important thing about a clan is friendship. I'm in my clan for quite a while now and i made some really good friends. You should have enough active members to make it interesting but not as big as some alliances. I think that would get a little bit unpersonal.

RebelliousKrimpy
2nd February 2005, 12:56 AM
Was between less than 50 or fewer than 500 members for me. Just personal preferance really, don't really have a reason other than that. 2000 people in a clan is a lot of work to manage too :P

Dark Rider
9th February 2005, 05:57 PM
i would want the alliance im joining to have alot of members and be popular

and at the same time not treat me like im a dime a dozen like i would want them to care about what happens to me

Gotjen
10th February 2005, 08:33 AM
500-, enough members to help out and help me out, but not so many that I get ignored