PDA

View Full Version : Uploading

sunkiller
17th January 2005, 02:52 PM
I know that this or something like this has been asked before, but I am trying to upload a small animation for my avatar.

The size was originally 1.4 MB and I brought it down to 238 KB. The problem is when I try to upload it anywhere, it is too large. Is there anywhere I can upload it and use it as a host for my avatar?

I have tried the gallery here, but I get this message:
File Name/URLError Message1. Eyetrans3.1.gifNot a GD extension.

Any help?

Xv_raven_vX
17th January 2005, 06:33 PM
Try using a different image host. There are lots of them out there.

www.Imageshack.com
www.Villagephotos.com
www.yourimg.com

Just a few examples, if you don't like any of them, go to google and type in "Image Host"

White_Hindu
17th January 2005, 06:42 PM
I think one problem is the limit message boards set on avatars. I'm surprised to see an avatar above 20k...

sunkiller
17th January 2005, 08:05 PM
White_Hindu:
We'll I'm not directly making it my avatar. I am first hosting it and then I am going to try and get it to work.

Raven - I'll Check them out, thanks, but will they allow me to host it at another site?

Xv_raven_vX
18th January 2005, 12:57 PM
Raven - I'll Check them out, thanks, but will they allow me to host it at another site?

If you mean able to use it on another website or something, then yes. For example, imageshack.com will allow you to upload the picture, then it will give you various html and vb codes to use. It will give you a link to use for your picture.