PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Related Challenge (Massive Respect and Kudos up for grabs ITT)

dr yöyo
29th July 2013, 01:01 PM
neEDABx_3tA
lZD4ezDbbu4

I would like it if someone with mad skillz was able to smoosh these two tracks into a single, wacky, hybrid song. You know what I mean, something like that Bieber Slipknot mashup (which was awesome).

This project has a hard deadline of let's say next week sometime.

If it is impossible or too hard to do this and still make it sound good, please let me know.

If someone would like to undertake this task, I can provide you with the mp3s. Or you can get them yourself. Whatevs.

edit: I'm super poor so I prefer not to pay you but if you do a really great job and request a reasonable fee I might be convinced to part with some delicious dollars.

lenino
29th July 2013, 01:30 PM
is it for your WEDDING?

lenino
29th July 2013, 01:31 PM
because if it is, and once my body kicks out the flu, i will happily try to do it*

*notice TRY i'll have to ask more questions about how exactly you want it probably

lenino
29th July 2013, 02:04 PM
from the bieber+slipknot mashup, i see they just used the bieber track with no vocals/or some kind of karaoke version and used the slipknot vocals.

would you want the first song's audio with the second song's vocals, or viceversa? or what?

a handsome stranger
29th July 2013, 03:01 PM
this thread reminds me of amanda fucking palmer for some reason.

lenino
29th July 2013, 03:15 PM
is that good or bad? because from what i gather, i don't like her much hah

dr yöyo
29th July 2013, 03:15 PM
I only referenced slipknot/bieber because of how awesome it was. It's probably not the best example. I actually want the lyrics to both songs. I'm not exactly sure how I'm expecting it to turn out, but I guess some kind of roughly 50/50 split of both songs.

I mean the important parts are "born in the usa" and "ich bin aus oesterreich [i am from austria]". Other lyrics can probably be cut as necessary.

lenino
29th July 2013, 03:43 PM
against which audio, the austria one or the bruce springsteen one?

dr yöyo
29th July 2013, 07:24 PM
Maybe both if you can manage it. Otherwise I guess I'd just suggest whichever one it's easier or sounds better to mix it with?

Old Timer
29th July 2013, 09:01 PM
I'm actually very interested in trying this, even though I suck at editing and expect it to sound terrible. Can you do me a favor and send me the mp3s? Shoot me a Facebook message if you want my email address; should be easy enough to attach them to an email.

I Buck Fuffaloes
29th July 2013, 09:19 PM
this thread reminds me of amanda fucking palmer for some reason.

GTFO Lenur. I'm not impressed, Amanda Fucking Palmer is awesome.

Old Timer
29th July 2013, 11:20 PM
So, my first stab at this - using music recorded off the YouTube, with an unusual quality of the vocals being severely overshadowed by the instrumentals - was horrendous. I mean, really bad. The tempo of the two songs are very different, and Audacity doesn't seem to have an option to extract the vocals and discard the instrumentals - only the other way around.

Old Timer
29th July 2013, 11:26 PM
Hey lenin, you're better at this stuff than I am. Think you can hook a brother up with the vocal track to Born in the USA?

lenino
29th July 2013, 11:41 PM
i will but i don't have it. there's probably one on the internet if you search for it as "Born in the USA stems" but dunno. There's also a way to isolate the vocals from a song but i've never done it and only know the process in theory, it should be easy enough though and there's probably youtube videos for that

i'll do this tomorrow prolly

dr yöyo
30th July 2013, 06:37 AM
well i am trying to get the mp3s but have not been able to yet. i'll keep working on it

lenino
30th July 2013, 01:24 PM
mp3s you mean the songs? or are you talking about an mp3 that only has the vocals of each songs, and other mp3s with just the music?

because if it's just the songs don't sweat it dude haha

dr yöyo
30th July 2013, 02:01 PM
I just mean the songs themselves. shadowyface was asking for them.

lenino
30th July 2013, 05:02 PM
he's asking for an mp3 with just the vocal takes. i...do i have to quote him from a post in this same thread? :P

a handsome stranger
30th July 2013, 05:15 PM
it's like watching a bunch of mental handicaps -- oh wait soz lol.

a handsome stranger
30th July 2013, 05:17 PM

you know lenin you are the only person on gua i actually like.

afp is a total be-yotch. the asking ppl to do something for nothing thing is what reminded me of her.

dr yöyo
30th July 2013, 06:09 PM
Sure let's go ahead and quote one of his posts like for example this one which occurred before anyone said anything about a vocal-only mp3.

I'm actually very interested in trying this, even though I suck at editing and expect it to sound terrible. Can you do me a favor and send me the mp3s? Shoot me a Facebook message if you want my email address; should be easy enough to attach them to an email.

lenino
30th July 2013, 07:58 PM
aah :P

still getting mp3s for songs that are available on youtube is like continuing to argue about this: easier than the kardashians
i don't think shadowed was talking about the regular songs? whatever, my bad :3

rice <3 yeah amanda palmer is a very good example of people believing too firmly that they are good at their craft or osmething

dr yöyo
30th July 2013, 08:57 PM
i wasn't sure how easy it would be to find an austrian song.

although they are probably one of the most popular bands out of austria.

lenino
30th July 2013, 09:00 PM
this is a case for

http://i.imgur.com/yxApdWR.gif

Legion
31st July 2013, 12:42 AM
this is a case for

http://i.imgur.com/yxApdWR.gif
So this was made before parents found out that the internet has all these creepy old people on them which pretent to be children to go out on dates? Before the cyberbullying? Before the trolls and flame wars? I seriously can't look at that gif without that in mind.

a handsome stranger
31st July 2013, 10:20 AM
those kids have hover boards, I think they can handle cyber bullies.

lenino
31st July 2013, 02:10 PM
i'm still unsure if a sweater will be enough to handle outer space's weather

dr yöyo
31st July 2013, 03:18 PM
no it's cool there's no atmosphere to block the sun so its warmth can get to you easier.

physics.

lenino
31st July 2013, 05:33 PM
i laughed

Legion
1st August 2013, 12:39 AM
no it's cool there's no atmosphere to block the sun so its warmth can get to you easier.

physics.
Also, the explosions are louder too because there is no air to dampen the sound.

Understanding how outer space was both increddibly hot and increddibly cold was difficult for me. I hope I understand how it works now; highly energized particles and rays (hot) but very, very little of them in a large volume of space (cold).