PDA

View Full Version : CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT RANKING PROGRAMM KoC USES?!?!?!

Mannetje
12th January 2005, 10:12 AM
me and some friends are trying to build a webgame to o(Inspired by, though not resambling KoC ) and we need a ranking programm real bad...can anyone tell me what programm koC uses?

Denny
12th January 2005, 12:20 PM

The ranking is done by the PHP code that the game admins wrote. The whole game was written from scratch, it doesn't use 'programs' to make it work, other than Apache and MySQL and its own PHP code.

The algorithm for ranking is as follows: Add all individual ranks (SA, DA, Spy and Sentry). Then rank the players by the combined ranking. This is explained in more detail elsewhere on these forums.

Mannetje
13th January 2005, 09:01 AM
ok thnx, i got jelled at when i posted this somewhere else, but i don't know a thing about website designing. The other guys do it, I'm just in cuz i have a lot of fantasy :whistilin

fury
13th January 2005, 10:03 AM
Good luck, I hope you accomplish everything you want with it. ;)

kazalio
13th January 2005, 10:51 AM
also you need a server to make things like KOC.

Jedi
14th January 2005, 05:59 AM

Obviously.

The algorithm for ranking is as follows: Add all individual ranks (SA, DA, Spy and Sentry). Then rank the players by the combined ranking. This is explained in more detail elsewhere on these forums.

Other than that, I believe the other rank factor is the cash balance in hand. When Orc00 won the 1st place in Age 2, one of the reason I heard was that somebody sold-off millions of gold to Orc00 while on the other hand, Relentless guys kept stealing LS gold, which he dropped at 2nd place. I may be wrong about this...

teliot
14th January 2005, 12:25 PM
Well of course receiving lots of gold would help your rank, you can buy weapons with it!

Mannetje
15th January 2005, 07:04 AM
the people who do the programming asked me if u can send the script 2 me.... not likely huh?

Phyrus
15th January 2005, 07:22 AM

thats only to have it running online, if you have it offline, then a server is redundant

the people who do the programming asked me if u can send the script 2 me.... not likely huh?

you want the admins to send you the rankings script?!

teliot
15th January 2005, 08:59 AM
If you want a rankings script you could ask fury for one. He has one for RoT that is pretty much exactly the same as the one for koc.

Guardian77
17th January 2005, 02:23 PM
Well, I don't know if fury would give you his scripts either.....

Basically, if you know how to code, then it shouldn't be a problem. If not.....

LightBlue
17th January 2005, 05:51 PM
i doubt anyone will give you their script. Writing the PhP and HTML and mySQL crap takes forever and is a big pain. I wouldn't caugh up my code just for you, no offense. As to the gold affecting your rank, I am quite sure that that is completely false. sorry. if your rankings add up to the same number, im pretty sure it either does it randomly or in alphabetic order. now that i think about it gold could be a third option for deciding in that situation. But again those only apply to people who have the exact same combined rankings, which would be very uncommon in ranks in the tens of thousands and such.
because of how the rankings system works, being equally ranked in your 4 ratings is good for your overall rank. like if you are ranked 10,000 on each of your things, your overall ranking will be like 7000