PDA

View Full Version : Age 14 Idea Bank

Checkman
19th February 2013, 04:12 AM
Ok, so in an attempt to have something to think about whilst the game management do the necessary to get the next age sorted out, I thought about raising the good old "what type of additional events" dialogue again.

A few starters for 10.

Zombielicious - any zombies that you have turn on your own troops for the duration of the event.....for each zombie they can take down a % of your untrained soldiers.
The reason I say untrained is that I guess your Strike soldiers would be able to hold their own and your Defence soldiers are bunkered down and the zombies can't get to them.
As for the Untrained, well they are zombie fodder.
Any mercs that you may have are irrelevant.
Spies and sentries are also ignored........

Pass it on - during the event, people can request for someone else to do something to their account, buy an upgrade, train troops, buy weapons.
Limit it so that:-
- the giver can only gift one thing per event
- the receiver can only receive one thing per event
- set a gold limit to the the gift that can be given/received??

Feel free to rip the ideas apart, to make additional noteworthy suggestions etc.

Rapier
19th February 2013, 06:54 AM
How do they work?! - All weapon strengths switch.
Weapon strengths randomise. So someone with 300k Mithril would have those 300k act as dragonskin or sai or shields for the duration of the event.

Blood Money - Turn death into gold
All battlefield gold is set to 400k
Actual gold stolen is equal to number of enemy soldiers killed x 400k
^ Should only be available after total average tbg reaches 70mil.
people can only be hit once in the event, their gold goes to 0 after the hit like normal.

Communism - TBG is set to the average tbg of the game.

It's a cold, cold war - Spy v sentry determines battles and SA v DA determines sab/recon.

Moral curse - Mercs go awol for the event.

Time lapse - Next turn awards 5 times TBG

Merciful - No troop deaths (not including coverts)

Credit Raid - All unbanked click credits are randomly redistributed across the battlefield.

Calculus - Stat values are reversed.
Ie. SA of 12,550,138 becomes SA of 83,105,521

Hexes and Witchcraft - Stat bonuses become negative.
Bonus points allocated become negative.

Hector and Achilles
All battles are fought based off 1 trained unit. Holding the players strongest weapon of that type, while still subject to siege/fortification. But not race bonus or allocated points.

The Horde-
Players suffer troop losses based off proportion of tff/zombies
Ie. 10,000 tff. 1000. zombies = 10 troops die.
10,000 tff. 100 zombies = 100 troops die.
Can never lose more than 20% of tff.

Bare the warmth of a second sun -
Can't attack players on pages adjacent to you.
ranked 175 (p4). can't attack on page 3 or 5.

Dragons?! Where?! -
A bot randomly attacks 5% of players squandering their gold into the abyss.
This bot will have some ridiculously huge SA and inflict 25,000 casualties.
Don't have 25,000 troops? Too bad. Have fun with 0 tff.

Leprechauns - Half the player's tbg's are added randomly to the other half of players.
Some will get none. Some will get a pot of gold.

Slavery - Mercs have no TBG cost.

Reinvestment - TBG is halved, but weapon costs are at 3 quarters.

Mutants. -
Troop base stat values (5 for attack soldiers etc.) is multiplied by a random number between 0.05 and 3

Satellites. -
Covert multiplier becomes 8000/current multiplier rank
1 for no upgrades. 2 for 1 upgrade. whatever the count is for Illuminati.

Bleeding death -
Strike is doubled at the cost of 1 tenth of attack soldiers guaranteed to die.
If no attack is made during the event, no soldiers die.

War machines and other flying things -
Siege bonuses are doubled. weapons degrade at 3 times the normal rate.

The devils greatest trick-
5% of players simply do not appear on the battlefield, in logs, in command chains or the search bar.
Any attacks or sabs made by those players in this time will show in logs when the event finishes.

The right to rule -
One alliance is randomly picked. 1 bil in tbg is distributed evenly among members. DA and sentry doubles for all members

Carlos
19th February 2013, 07:52 AM
Event name: All Players are equal!
Duration: The whole age
How does it work: either all players are allowed to swipe or none is (up to the admins), making the game more balanced during the event!

Rapier
19th February 2013, 08:08 AM
Event name: All Players are equal!
Duration: The whole age
How does it work: either all players are allowed to swipe or none is (up to the admins), making the game more balanced during the event!

That's obviously what's going to happen.
Maybe not in the beta, but it's a beta. That's what they are for. Testing stuff.

However if you don't have the tech to operate the app, then sucks to be you.

One way to offset this disadvantage, would be to re-code the in-game recruiter to only one number, and the key-up function.
This would mean in-game recruiting speed would be limited to how fast you can mash one button. And remove the ability to just hold down the key and click at 15000 per minute.

beebob2uk
19th February 2013, 09:18 AM
can't do it that way Rapier, the reason they have captchas is not to make recruiting slow, it's to stop people using autoclickers.. if all you have to do is press up.. autoclickers would be used by every man with cheating is his heart.

ps i like your dragon event, hah

mygoodoldusername
19th February 2013, 10:06 AM
We could have some radical changes such as keeping people informed to whats going on...

ShadowLord
19th February 2013, 10:28 AM
We could have some radical changes such as keeping people informed to whats going on...

I can tell you exactly what's going on: the game is being worked on. Go out for a drink and get a breath of fresh air.

EdThaSt0rm`
19th February 2013, 11:12 AM
Like the dragons event as well! I think the game needs a new factor like dragons tearing up shit. Would be awesome.

FallenOne
19th February 2013, 11:46 AM
everyone's grudge - all players you've ever sabbed can now sab you with the success rate of a 1:1 ratio (i.e treats it as your spy rating equal to their sentry)

obviously it'd only really apply to the players who could never sab the massive sentries back due to their lower spy and have lower than the required ratio (1:3?)
and it can only be used against those who sabbed them (in a certain time range perhaps?; or throughout the age?) but this would treat the returned sabs in the event as a 1:1 ratio.

Shiggity
19th February 2013, 05:07 PM

What's going on is we are preparing for Beta 14 as fast as we can. It would be nice to be able to tell you EXACTLY when we will be done and ready to start - but that's in a perfect world. Unfortunately, RoC is not a perfect world, and we'd rather not give a timeline that doesn't work out for whatever reason. So, the best I can do for you is say we are working really diligently to get beta running while at the same time juggling that pesky thing called real lifel. We will post a news item here, on the game site and on the facebook group page when the beta is ready.

Rapier
19th February 2013, 07:09 PM
can't do it that way Rapier, the reason they have captchas is not to make recruiting slow, it's to stop people using autoclickers.. if all you have to do is press up.. autoclickers would be used by every man with cheating is his heart.

ps i like your dragon event, hah

Yeah I considered that
just a thought, as the app is going to be horrendously overpowered.

As for the events, it's Ruins of Chaos. I just feel we need a little more chaos :saint:

Zanes_Sacrifice
20th February 2013, 12:27 AM
Well sent here for suggestions...How about starting the beta and adding as you go along?

dragonslayer
20th February 2013, 01:18 AM
I'm surprised that people are complaining about the age NOT starting instead of taking a break. Good night! 3:30am here.

And Carlos, I agree with you completely. Lets hope that the swype is available to everyone in age 14, if not the beta, the actual age.

Checkman
20th February 2013, 02:30 AM
As for the events, it's Ruins of Chaos. I just feel we need a little more chaos :saint:

This little quote got me thinking whilst out on the dog walk this morning.
This thread was started to consider things that would make interesting Events in an age to come.

The way that events are notified gives ample warning to all users about what it coming up, allows for a lot of preparation in some cases.
Would it not be more interesting to only be able to see what events are coming 30 minutes prior to it arriving, prior to that you know something is coming but you don't know what.
So instead of:-
45mins - Cyanide
12hrs - Hippies
18hrs - Eagle Eyes

You would see:-
45mins - ???
12hrs - ???
18hrs - ???

And then 15 minutes later you would see:-
30mins - Cyanide
11hrs - ???
17hrs - ???

Alternatively, classify the events. Have positive, negative and mystery events.
In each 24 hour period, have 2 positive, 2 negative and 1 mystery event.

With regards to mystery event, I am talking about something that would have a profound effect on people's accounts, but they would have no idea of what it was until the event started, thereby providing no ability at all to prepare for the outcome that would be felt.

With this last statement in mind, I was thinking about a couple of events, mainly centred around how chains are structured and more importantly, how click credits and trickle is allocated.
Imagine the two following scenarios:-
1. Trickle Trouble
Conditions
a) A mystery event that once it has arrived, no changes are allowed by any player to the command chain manually. This capability will be removed for the duration of the event.
b) In addition to this, no changes would be allowed to be made to the credits that are currently out in the open in the available credits pool. Once they are they, they cannot be withdrawn for the duration of the event.
Effects
Upwards trickle is null for the event.
Point Being?
It there are a lot of credits for a particular alliance in circulation and this event comes up, it would give an opposing alliance the opportunity to click a lot to reduce the available credits that would be naturally trickled throughout opposition chains.

2. Click Catastrophe
Conditions
a) No new clicks can be done during the event.
b) No banking of clicks that are currently in the open credit pool.
c) Any credits that a player may have already banked and is storing prior to the event starting is able to use these to 'play' with during the event.
d) A maximum impact to any single player is to lose 10% of their current TFF (both soldiers and mercs, not coverts)
e) A maximum impact to be inflicted by any single player is to send 10% of their own clicked credits (if available in banked credits) across multiple accounts
f) No player would be able to simply receive something stupid like 2m credits in a bank and then having clicked nothing themselves, be able to spread that around. Would encourage clicking, would encourage balanced weighted clicking across the alliance to work as a team to take down the TFF of an opposing alliance player
Effects
Any player who has credits banked, is able to send some of those credits to another player, by doing so this players TFF comes down by the amount of credits that have been sent to them, immediately, this is big impact potentially each time one of these events would occur
Point Being?
Carnage, growth restriction, war tool?

Would appreciate any comments people may have on these, seemed interesting to me at least.

Vladimir_Axe
20th February 2013, 02:32 AM
Yeah I considered that
just a thought, as the app is going to be horrendously overpowered.

If everybody is not getting to swipe, atleast admins should make soldiers earn through swipe to 1 soldier per 2 swipes OR a ratio of 2 soldiers per 3 swipes...
Or vice-versa clickers should get 2 soldiers per 1 click or 1 bonus soldier per 2 clicks..
even after this clickers will lack TFF!! :(

Rapier
20th February 2013, 03:19 AM
If everybody is not getting to swipe, atleast admins should make soldiers earn through swipe to 1 soldier per 2 swipes OR a ratio of 2 soldiers per 3 swipes...
Or vice-versa clickers should get 2 soldiers per 1 click or 1 bonus soldier per 2 clicks..
even after this clickers will lack TFF!! :(

In age 14 the app will be available to everyone or nobody. There won't be an in between. This game is slowly losing players anyway.
A move like this would essentially kill it completely. And the admins aren't utter morons. So you all need to stop worrying.

kalusha
20th February 2013, 03:37 AM
This little quote got me thinking whilst out on the dog walk this morning.
This thread was started to consider things that would make interesting Events in an age to come.

The way that events are notified gives ample warning to all users about what it coming up, allows for a lot of preparation in some cases.
Would it not be more interesting to only be able to see what events are coming 30 minutes prior to it arriving, prior to that you know something is coming but you don't know what.
So instead of:-
45mins - Cyanide
12hrs - Hippies
18hrs - Eagle Eyes

You would see:-
45mins - ???
12hrs - ???
18hrs - ???

And then 15 minutes later you would see:-
30mins - Cyanide
11hrs - ???
17hrs - ???

Alternatively, classify the events. Have positive, negative and mystery events.
In each 24 hour period, have 2 positive, 2 negative and 1 mystery event.

With regards to mystery event, I am talking about something that would have a profound effect on people's accounts, but they would have no idea of what it was until the event started, thereby providing no ability at all to prepare for the outcome that would be felt.

With this last statement in mind, I was thinking about a couple of events, mainly centred around how chains are structured and more importantly, how click credits and trickle is allocated.
Imagine the two following scenarios:-
1. Trickle Trouble
Conditions
a) A mystery event that once it has arrived, no changes are allowed by any player to the command chain manually. This capability will be removed for the duration of the event.
b) In addition to this, no changes would be allowed to be made to the credits that are currently out in the open in the available credits pool. Once they are they, they cannot be withdrawn for the duration of the event.
Effects
Upwards trickle is null for the event.
Point Being?
It there are a lot of credits for a particular alliance in circulation and this event comes up, it would give an opposing alliance the opportunity to click a lot to reduce the available credits that would be naturally trickled throughout opposition chains.

2. Click Catastrophe
Conditions
a) No new clicks can be done during the event.
b) No banking of clicks that are currently in the open credit pool.
c) Any credits that a player may have already banked and is storing prior to the event starting is able to use these to 'play' with during the event.
d) A maximum impact to any single player is to lose 10% of their current TFF (both soldiers and mercs, not coverts)
e) A maximum impact to be inflicted by any single player is to send 10% of their own clicked credits (if available in banked credits) across multiple accounts
f) No player would be able to simply receive something stupid like 2m credits in a bank and then having clicked nothing themselves, be able to spread that around. Would encourage clicking, would encourage balanced weighted clicking across the alliance to work as a team to take down the TFF of an opposing alliance player
Effects
Any player who has credits banked, is able to send some of those credits to another player, by doing so this players TFF comes down by the amount of credits that have been sent to them, immediately, this is big impact potentially each time one of these events would occur
Point Being?
Carnage, growth restriction, war tool?

Would appreciate any comments people may have on these, seemed interesting to me at least.

You make a very delicious point about the random events. It introduces a lot more chaos into the present state of affairs to the game. Sometimes with the way that events occur alliances and players alike are able to prepare a whole day for an event that could drastically change their account, but with the mystery event it will be a gamble and a game changer. Good idea.

Also i think there should be an event called:

legends remembered--> This event will bring back all legendary players that have ever played in the past who have impacted the game since start of age 0. Their accounts will have much gold for take if you are able to hit them based on the DA admins provide them. (the gold admins will determine at the current production of gold)

Mistake corrected--> where a player may be able to re-shuffle their bonus points.

Zanes_Sacrifice
20th February 2013, 04:23 AM
It may just be me but a lot of these events are kind of one sided as they will affect a large account much more than a small one sense everything is based on percentage. That is kind of wrong as it does much more harm to ppl that actually put time into the game. Events are great, but can't be too one sided. Of course things like sabbing is based on percentages and so on, but a larger account with more tff has the opportunity to rebuild faster due to this. In some of the events I am seeing this isn't the case, it's just like ur out to hurt big accounts.

On a side note I do like the random events or only knowing 30 mins prior. That does seem ok.

edit : Also remember, it is about playing your account to how you see fit. If dictated by a bunch of events, I think you will find that you lose yourself a bit more and become more geared to event preparation and execution, may as well call it eventsofchaos.

Sonata
20th February 2013, 06:28 AM
I think you should only be allowed 50-100k credits to be turned into soldiers in a 24hr period. This would encourage more credit distribution and growth deals and give alliances a way to reward key players with credit holding officers and trickle spots. Big clickers could click to max their credit allowance and bank the excess-letting them take a day or two break from relentless clicking without falling behind at all. The end result would be more big players on the battlefield...meaning more gold to steal. More sov for less active players which means better end stats and more to be sabbed which means more fun at war time. Its a win for everybody and will let more players have a fighting chance for a good rank. It might even bring back some retired players because their now busy lives won't hinder their performance as much. Competition between Mains will be more about who can max their soldier income and who is more willing to send credits down chain to continue growth at that point.

Race changes

Orcs require 2 less attack turns when attacking. siege upgrades 10% cheaper. They suffer 10% less losses when attacking but lose 10% more when defending.

Dwarves get 10% discount on fortification upgrades. Attacking a dwarf player requires 2 additional attack turns. Casualties from defending reduced by 10% but lose 10% more when attacking.

Humans get a 5% discount on all upgrades. mercs give an extra 1 point for each stat that they specialize in

Elves get 10% discount when upgrading spy lvl and are able to purchase one extra spy lvl

Goblins can increase unit production at a 10% discount

pixies only require 15 spies to attempt a full recon or sab for max value. Enemies cannot see their gold unless they have 3x as much spy as their sentry. They can see enemy gold with only 1/3 as much spy as their sentry.

Zanes_Sacrifice
20th February 2013, 07:15 AM
Sonata ur ideas will certainly unbalance the game....And put a limit on your growth and it becomes Dark Throne. No one wants that. The whole point of unlimited clicks is unlimited growth as long as you can manage to click/swipe. That will certainly shrink the game. And big relentless clickers aren't worried about falling behind and the same for big mains and trickles. They are worried about getting ahead :P

Pauly_D
20th February 2013, 07:36 AM
agreed, unlimited growth is there for a reason, if you can build up a big chain under you then you get the benefit yes its frustrating for those who cant keep up but thats how it works.
I liked the idea for Pixies race changes, they need a good reason for people to pick them

Lord_Avatar
20th February 2013, 07:51 AM
Hmm I think the addition of hidden events would be a good idea to make sure people are prepared for war or chaos at any time. Showing the event times but not the event until right before the event starts would certainly force people to pay more attention to the upcoming times.

I dont like the growth maximums because it does not reward players for their hard work and effort in the game. Clicking sucks, I hate doing it, I don't have time for it, and if it was not extremely beneficial for myself and my alliance I most likely would not do it. Those players who do have time and put in the effort should be rewarded for it by receiving the growth they and their chain deserves. Distrubuting their banked clicks randomly, handing them out to other alliances/peoples, or capping their growth would only discourage already active players from playing more actively.

New events would be more fun, certainly change the way the game is played, but random features that do not effect everyone equally do not really help the game. If I get hit by some 5% dragon or what not and everyone else doesn't it hardly seems fair. Not an admin or anyone relevant, just my two cents :)

Checkman
20th February 2013, 07:56 AM
A couple of things that were discussed some time back, and am pretty sure nothing ever happened were:

On page news ticker / whether this is general or alliance related - or a pop up message on login to inform people of game information etc. Just a bit more in your face.
Formal in game pages related to war declarations, progress and outcomes, I know that GUA kind of covers some of that, but it would be good to know what's what when alliances go up against each other, not sure if this is a logistical management nightmare for the game admins but just bouncing the idea again......

Zanes_Sacrifice
20th February 2013, 08:57 AM
Also bring the stat page profile back! The admins seem fast enough to catch and ban ppl so why can't we have the profile where out of alliance members can see?

Jankster
21st February 2013, 01:23 PM
Why have a Lambourghini if it only drive 30 km/h?

Checkman
23rd February 2013, 04:45 PM
Just had another idea, maybe dumb, thought myself it could be useful.
On the BF, for all alliance members, enhance the information that is seen, including the most recent DA amount (maybe even how old) and also the last time you attacked them.

Just a thought.

thealmightyfish
23rd February 2013, 05:26 PM
Slot machine!
Each player's first attack made during the event will end up hitting a random player instead of the intended target, with any gold stolen being multiplied by a factor of 50 when granted to the attacker.

Juvi9le
23rd February 2013, 08:07 PM
I wish you could click at a ratio, like for every 10 clicks, 3 go in your bank, predetermine the ratio that you want to click at out of 10 and away you go.

Sonata
24th February 2013, 08:47 AM
Make m.ruinsofchaos.com users able to purchase mercs. Always says they are unavailable.it lies.

Add battlefield or at least access to messages

Add a recruiter to it.

Checkman
24th February 2013, 01:17 PM
I wish you could click at a ratio, like for every 10 clicks, 3 go in your bank, predetermine the ratio that you want to click at out of 10 and away you go.

This is one of my favourite ones, would certainly join the lobby to get this one done.
It makes sense that if you want to click for yourself but also bank some for use for clickback etc. - then this does it without having to switch bank credits on and off, annoying when the clicks/swipes are slow in banking and stack up.

Checkman
24th February 2013, 03:14 PM
Gold Rush - All players gain +77% turn based gold. (21 minutes 9 seconds)

Now that is a gold rush!!!!!!!

banmexijews
24th February 2013, 03:37 PM
Might want to edit the event

Current Events
Gold Rush - All players gain +77% turn based gold. (17 minutes 26 seconds left)
Next Turn: 24 minutes 46 seconds
Turn-Based Gold: 14,444,002 Gold
Gold: 8,136,402

Turn came before event, and event will finish before the next turn :-/

EDIT
While I posted might as well offer a suggestion :-p
Perhaps during this event have it distribute gold every minute? Or rename an event that distributes a turn every minute of the event for some utter chaotic fun :)

EDIT2
Event was editted thanks for looking out!

Checkman
24th February 2013, 03:59 PM
Might want to edit the event

Current Events
Gold Rush - All players gain +77% turn based gold. (17 minutes 26 seconds left)
Next Turn: 24 minutes 46 seconds
Turn-Based Gold: 14,444,002 Gold
Gold: 8,136,402

Turn came before event, and event will finish before the next turn :-/

EDIT
While I posted might as well offer a suggestion :-p
Perhaps during this event have it distribute gold every minute? Or rename an event that distributes a turn every minute of the event for some utter chaotic fun :)

EDIT2
Event was editted thanks for looking out!

Nice suggestion, nicely implemented too!!!

colleca
25th February 2013, 02:13 AM
Just noticed a few of the changes for the game and I am very worried.
From what I've seen so far, these changes do not make this game more attractive to the casual player.
Casual players are how games go from 500 players to 5,000 players (unless we've given up on that possibility)
I've tried to organize the bad ideas and good ideas in a logical pattern below. I'm sure I missed some of them, so others can chip in where they see gaps.

Bad Ideas so far:

1. Hiding events up till 30 minutes till event
Reason: Its going to make people need to check the game at 3 AM just to see if its fucking SDM. I envision large alliances creating a text message network and organizing when someone will be checking the event. If its SDM that person will text their alliance members who will sign on and sell. Thus, nothing changes, just an inconvenience on the users in non-large alliances.
2. Removing trickle down UP
Reason: Allows non-clickers to compete; lowers the importance of clicking
3. Lowering Unit production
Reason: Higher UP encourages alliance teamwork. See age Age 1 where Dannyboy was giving sells to alliance members to boost their UP to that juicy 100k. If anything, therefore, UP should be even higher than it was before last age.
4. 10 sabs per 22 hours makes no sense.
Reason: Alliances hold Mass sabs on a 24 hour schedule, the 22 hour number is arbitrary.

Good Ideas so far:
1. Raising the sab/sentry ratio.
Reason: Will allow large accounts to finally escape the trolling asshole sab chains do in this game.
2. Getting rid of captured sabotages
Reason: Very annoying, whether sabbing or being sabbed as technically it counts as a "failure"
3. Some ratio of clicking to swiping
Reason: I'm not entirely sure 2:1 is the optimal ratio, you will have to do some analysis and look at average CPM's for swiping and for clicking on an aggregate basis. Personally, I think it should be around 1.5:1. But hell, if your ratio is off all you have to do is wait one age and see what people do. If people think the ratio is too high, they will click. If its too low, they will swipe. Compare age long users of swiping and clicking and you will know the extent to which your ratio was off from "fair".
4. Spy/Sentry weps breaking like SA/DA weps is a good direction for this game.

My Extra Ideas:
1. Make a 1 million gold covert tool for spy and sentry. Continuing with tradition, make it have less of a strength per gold value than a torch.
2. Re-institute covert mercs, but make them cost 10,000 gold each. I'm interested in seeing whether people would still load up on em.
3. Set max sab attempts any one account can do per day =0.5*# of players in game*10. Keep 10 attempts per day rule on any one account.
4. Set max clicks any one account can do per day to 200,000.
-Create an icon that will be visible on that players stat page that has a number. That number represents the number of days this acct has clicked the max 200k clicks/day this age.
5. Set max clicks any one account can do in an age to 4,000,000.
-Create a king icon that will display on that users stat page once they have clicked 4,000,000 in an age. This icon transfers from age to age as long as this account remains active.
-This gives clickers due respect, represents an attainable goal for only the best clickers, and gives them a light at the end of the tunnel of when they can stop clicking for the age.
6. Change it to 10 attacks per day on any one account, but if so, tweak casualties downwards.

kjzaa
25th February 2013, 03:43 AM
Bad Ideas so far:

Reason: Its going to make people need to check the game at 3 AM just to see if its fucking SDM. I envision large alliances creating a text message network and organizing when someone will be checking the event. If its SDM that person will text their alliance members who will sign on and sell. Thus, nothing changes, just an inconvenience on the users in non-large alliances.
Reason: Higher UP encourages alliance teamwork. See age Age 1 where Dannyboy was giving sells to alliance members to boost their UP to that juicy 100k. If anything, therefore, UP should be even higher than it was before last age.
Reason: Alliances hold Mass sabs on a 24 hour schedule, the 22 hour number is arbitrary.

1. its a Good idea, if you haven't noticed some events are shown before that and are not hidden SDM is one of those that is not hidden.
3. I agree UP should be high it makes the ages alot better.
4. Imo this is the best thing to be implemented this age as now you can do masses every 24 hours instead of having to add an hour each day because of having to wait untill the 24hr expires.

Pauly_D
25th February 2013, 04:02 AM
Bad Ideas so far:

Reason: Its going to make people need to check the game at 3 AM just to see if its fucking SDM. I envision large alliances creating a text message network and organizing when someone will be checking the event. If its SDM that person will text their alliance members who will sign on and sell. Thus, nothing changes, just an inconvenience on the users in non-large alliances. <--- I like this change but we are having a ridiculous number of events at the moment, the events are supposed to encourage activity, if you are waiting for a specific event and see a hidden event in say 8 hours then you are more likely to check it in case its the one you want so increasing your activity.
2. Removing trickle down UP
Reason: Allows non-clickers to compete; lowers the importance of clicking
Reason: Higher UP encourages alliance teamwork. See age Age 1 where Dannyboy was giving sells to alliance members to boost their UP to that juicy 100k. If anything, therefore, UP should be even higher than it was before last age. <--- I agree with you with these last 2, UP has got worse this beta, UP is same cost but you get a lot less soldiers, i dont see too many bothering to get top UP unless it looks like being a really long beta

Reason: Alliances hold Mass sabs on a 24 hour schedule, the 22 hour number is arbitrary. <-- Like kjzaa said it is so that alliances can stick to 24hr schedule, maybe 23 hours between sabs would be better but its a good change.

Good Ideas so far:
Reason: I'm not entirely sure 2:1 is the optimal ratio, you will have to do some analysis and look at average CPM's for swiping and for clicking on an aggregate basis. Personally, I think it should be around 1.5:1. But hell, if your ratio is off all you have to do is wait one age and see what people do. If people think the ratio is too high, they will click. If its too low, they will swipe. Compare age long users of swiping and clicking and you will know the extent to which your ratio was off from "fair".

It is clear so far that with 2:1 swipe to click ratio that people are prefering to swipe rather than click so you are going the wrong way, just look at the top clickers and most are swiping, 3:1 might be a better ratio to test, swiping is more convenient so clicking should be made slightly quicker in my opinion.

Jerre
25th February 2013, 04:21 AM
Swiping is too easy in comparison to clicking. Hence why 2:1 ain't enough.. You can swipe while watch tv, poop, run 10 miles, eat dinner, ... You can only click if you have 100% attention... Thats where the difference is atm.

Grtz, Jerre

Checkman
25th February 2013, 09:22 AM
Just noticed a few of the changes for the game and I am very worried.

Good Ideas so far:

My Extra Ideas:
-Create an icon that will be visible on that players stat page that has a number. That number represents the number of days this acct has clicked the max 200k clicks/day this age.
-Create a king icon that will display on that users stat page once they have clicked 4,000,000 in an age. This icon transfers from age to age as long as this account remains active.
-This gives clickers due respect, represents an attainable goal for only the best clickers, and gives them a light at the end of the tunnel of when they can stop clicking for the age.

Just thought I would comment on the click/swipe related ones, as this is the most immediate impact in the game.

Numbered as above:-
Getting a balance is right, that I fully agree with. I think back to Age 12 when I clicked, on a good run I would average at about 200-210 cpm. At best, acknowledge that there were a lot who were getting much better than that, so let's just say for sake of argument that it averages out at about 225-250 cpm, that would be going well I believe.
At the current ratio of 2 clicks = 1 swipe that would mean that this would equate to 450-500 spm.
This age on my iPad I average between 450-500 spm strangely enough.
But this is where you have to look at the devices as well, on my iPhone I can only swipe about 320 spm. Why the difference I don't know, but I cannot swipe to the same rate as I can on the iPad. Clicking at 160cpm is more than feasible, if not a little slow. There is not that much of a benefit iPhone swiping, other than being mobile, for those with Wifi only iPads, the differences are locking to wireless network, either at home or elsewhere, but that would be more limited.

Now, today things changed, it was introduced that only one device could be swiped on, initially I was 'irritated', having swiped on iPhone and iPad, which was getting me to average across the two of 700-800 spm. Then, sitting back, swiping 100k or so today I realised, this wasn't that different from the top clickers daily pre-swiper. Having said that, it would only take them 50k clicks per day to match it. In previous ages, dedicated people were clicking 60-100k a day. That would be 120-200k balanced against swipes.
Swiping at an average of 450 spm it would take roughly 4 hours. More than enough for a sane person!!

Personally, I think that the ratio is if anything, bordering slightly more in the benefit towards a clicker than a swiper without having pure statistics to analyze.

I personally think that 200k a day is quite high. I base this on the following:-

Ignore last age, as that was a butchered one due to a combination of click and swipe, without some of the restrictions added this beta
Not everyone had swipers last age, ok - so not all do this age but bear with me
Take the average of 2-15 in age 12 - d3vm0n did 9m, that's just not human
Take the average of 2-15 in age 11 too - d3vm0n was a beast in 11 too

Age 12 average 2-15 was 1.6m in the age, approx. 18k a day
Age 11 average 2-15 was 2.4m in the age, approx. 25k a day
Average across both ages is about 2m, approx. 21k a day

Now 21k a day is very low, but we all know that early on in the age is when the hard clicking happens, so that number is just bonkers.
What about if it was limited to be a percentage of the total average clicks given each day? So if across all accounts there was 1,000,000 clicks on the first day, then it could not exceed 10% of that?

Regardless, 200,000 seems a high limit, not many people would realistically reach that.

I like the idea, but wondered whether you could have bronze, silver and gold levels.
Bronze = 1,500,000
Silver = 2,500,000
Gold = 4,000,000

At least is encourages it across all clickers.
Then you have those that are good, the best, and the best of the best.

FallenOne
25th February 2013, 12:00 PM
there should not be a limit to clicking whatsoever.
people who have the time and patience to click stupidly should not be punished.
curbing cheaters is another matter; which should not be linked to limits. (not saying that was your reason for stating a limit)

i always supported lower UP; cheapest tools are too easily held with a UP like that; lower it and massively increase covert casualties; wars should not only depend on sabotages.

Rapier
26th February 2013, 10:44 PM
there should not be a limit to clicking whatsoever.
people who have the time and patience to click stupidly should not be punished.
curbing cheaters is another matter; which should not be linked to limits. (not saying that was your reason for stating a limit)

i always supported lower UP; cheapest tools are too easily held with a UP like that; lower it and massively increase covert casualties; wars should not only depend on sabotages.

So?

Wars will always depend on sabotage, as you can't deal real casualties (due to the insane levels of clicking), and weapon damage is minimal.

The game should not be centred around who can click the most, which it currently is.
Unless you are high up in a chain or have prearranged sells waiting for you. Where you rank is directly proportional to how much you click the first week of an age.

Some of us have lives, and can't click 18 hours a day for 5 or more days straight? Should we be punished. No.
It's a time based game, in a age of 3 - 4 months why should the first 3 -9 days determine the winner? It shouldn't.

No one should be able to click more in an age, than I could of got from UP if I had the highest from the beginning (looking at you d3vm0n)
If I had my way you wouldn't be allowed to click more than whoever has the highest UP per day. So at the highest level you could potentially
double your troop production, but no higher than that.

It forces people to actually play the game, and compete.
I completely agree with you that people who have the time and patience shouldn't be punished, but we either need to make it more competitive
or come up with a different system from click credits.

We had two accounts last age over 17mil tff at one point. With 40k UP, your system doesn't work.
As for the cheapest tools, that's why they are there.
The most expensive tools are for those who want to manage their TFF.

In all 12 ages, never have I heard of a high ranking player who only holds the cheapest or second cheapest tool.
They all have stocks of the higher end gear, and the cheap gear supplements their stats.

Also, if you go lower UP, and higher covert casualties.
Everyone will just become slayers, so they don't have to deal with the huge numbers of people required to be a banker and no one will really use sentry
So they can hold more spy.

You have to keep the flexibility to allow people to play the game the way they want to.

On another note. Game feature. If you lose a battle, you should lose weapons proportional to troop deaths.
You don't get to go and pick your dead's gear if you lose a fight.

kjzaa
27th February 2013, 01:14 AM
I agree with Rapier, either UP should be made alot higher or a cap should be placed on clicking the game will work better with a more consistent level of TFF and bring a lot more players into the game, rather than just those who are sat in trickle positions or click 24/7.

UP should at least be around 80k, 100k would be better. Obviously make it cost around what it did in age 1 (Still the best age yet because of high UP).

Also just a point on the current gold rush event. Its not that great, doesn't exactly serve its purpose as a gold rush. It lasts around 12-15 minutes. So at the end of it you don't even end up with a full turn of gold at 7%. It should be moved up to at least 25% to actually make it a worthwhile event. Surely the aim of the event is to create more activity in the game. 1 turn of TBG won't make that happen.

Rapier
27th February 2013, 04:05 AM
I agree with Rapier, either UP should be made alot higher or a cap should be placed on clicking the game will work better with a more consistent level of TFF and bring a lot more players into the game, rather than just those who are sat in trickle positions or click 24/7.

UP should at least be around 80k, 100k would be better. Obviously make it cost around what it did in age 1 (Still the best age yet because of high UP).

Also just a point on the current gold rush event. Its not that great, doesn't exactly serve its purpose as a gold rush. It lasts around 12-15 minutes. So at the end of it you don't even end up with a full turn of gold at 7%. It should be moved up to at least 25% to actually make it a worthwhile event. Surely the aim of the event is to create more activity in the game. 1 turn of TBG won't make that happen.

Hell make it 125% every turn :D

Checkman
27th February 2013, 11:00 AM
So, as it stands, the current methods for showing Alliance Ranks are as below:-

Top Alliances (View All)
Name Members Score
UNDERWORLD 66 61
Phoenix 44 42
VSBSS 55 37
Wolf Pack 22 19
The Firm 12 18
The Company 22 16
The New Era 11 11
SP 13 9
DissentioN 6 8
RHB 5 7
47 alliances total | page 1 of 5

I believe that it would be nice to see that broken down a bit actually, maybe something along the lines of:-

Top Alliances (View All)
Name Members Stats Clicks Intel Attacks Score
UNDERWORLD 66 x x x x 61
Phoenix 44 x x x x 42
VSBSS 55 x x x x 37
Wolf Pack 22 x x x x 19
The Firm 12 x x x x 18
The Company 22 x x x x 16
The New Era 11 x x x x 11
SP 13 x x x x 9
DissentioN 6 x x x x 8
RHB 5 x x x x 7
47 alliances total | page 1 of 5

If the resulting table was sortable too, you would be able to see what alliances were clickers, intel focussed, attack oriented etc.
Would make for an interesting read I think, knowing what contribution the different areas make to the alliance ranks.
Just my point of view.
Also interesting to see how these stats changed over the course of the age.

Sonata
12th March 2013, 06:08 AM
Add an option to disable images. Not that I don't like the artwork, just been having problems with images/links not showing up until all images have loaded. Would make navigating the game a little faster. Of course if the mobile site had a battlefield, or gold calculator when selling, buying items...that would be nice too. Also, mobile site users can't see events, so if you are keeping it so events stay hidden, make it so ppl who bank via the mobile site can view events without having to go to the full site. Kind of makes mobile banking pointless when you have to go to the other site anyway. Unless you just don't care about the events, I guess.

*edit*

Why not add a link on player profiles that shortcuts to their rankings in past ages, so ppl can quickly view old ranks and user names? Would be mostly harmless and for some it would feel like bragging rights

Mexij3ws_TNE
15th March 2013, 04:35 PM
I like Checkmans idea about making the alliance score variables known an open. Also I have a couple suggestions, I recently tried out the in game sab list, and I'd like to suggest somethings to make it 1000x better. It would be great if the sab list automatically had the last known sentry included on it. As well as ordering them automatically from highest to lowest sentry, or by armory value. A primary and secondary weapon text box or something of like to guide what weapons to sab. An alliance feature where you enter an alliance or chain head and it uploads everyone to the sab list. If those changes were made it would encourage alliances to use them, an resubscribe to it.

I like the changes to the events done, has made the game more interesting. As for the topic of the swiper, the ratio should be adjusted for the convenience of swiping, and swiping is still faster then clicking would be. With that considered I'd suggest trying a 4:1 clicking to swiping I think would level it all out, but of course safe bet is to try 3:1 click to swipe ratio, although I do think that it should be 4:1.

Event ideas:
Zombie Uprising:
Zombies come to life as untrained soldiers again during the event you get a % of your zombies back. Could be a every minute of the event type thing but that could be wild xD, or just occur once during the event like a unit production distribution.
Another idea is perhaps add the untrained back to life to the zombie robbing event, the reasoning behind this is that during the zombies event it seems alot of smaller armies have more zombies then the larger armies whom train their troops.

Hot Potatoe:
Fury knows all bout this one :D hehe I use to really like it in rise of tyrants, would be cool to see something similar for some spontaneous fun :) (Perhaps certain # of potatoe hits could equal bonus % points).

The end of the world is here:
Defenses are reduced by 40-60% as the defenders flee fearing the end of the world has come by the sight of the enemy force

^Less people can go an age without being successfully pillaged :)

Last idea I got would be that sometimes events doubled up randomly so let say night hawk and sabbers delight, or eagle eye and charge :rolleyes: :D

Checkman
15th March 2013, 05:33 PM
Also I have a couple suggestions, I recently tried out the in game sab list, and I'd like to suggest somethings to make it 1000x better. It would be great if the sab list automatically had the last known sentry included on it. As well as ordering them automatically from highest to lowest sentry, or by armory value. A primary and secondary weapon text box or something of like to guide what weapons to sab. An alliance feature where you enter an alliance or chain head and it uploads everyone to the sab list. If those changes were made it would encourage alliances to use them, an resubscribe to it.

This is the Checkman and mexi slapontheback thread now, agree with him on the sablist, truth is, and I don't want to be rude, but it's not got the value for money that other paid aspects of the game have:-

On stats page you cannot see if someone is on the list
Not uniform size font of the sablist
Would be good to localise the list to the person, have their last sab time on it, being able to sort it to the ones you have not done
See weapons and gold damage done as an alliance to each sab list person
see what alliance members have sabbed each person

A few easy changes would make it a valuable tool i think

Cipher_21
15th March 2013, 10:54 PM
Not gonna complain about much, but the idea of having an event that hurts DA/SE whores even more is horrible. Almost every event there is is completely geared to make it easier for slayers and sabbers. The DA whores don't have anything that is exclusively beneficial to them like Double Trouble or Eagle Eye or Nightstalker. The closest thing they have is Industrious or gold rush, but those are still awesome events for everyone else too.

EdThaSt0rm`
17th March 2013, 05:00 AM
I've seen lots of good ideas in this topic, so what's the next step?
The last update on the RoC homepage was almost a month ago. Besides the clicker, are any of these ideas being considered or maybe already implemented during the beta?
Or are we playing the beta only in await of the new clicker?

Sonata
19th March 2013, 08:50 AM
What other things can be done sure someone who does nothing but hides behind da and bank? They have a gold event, and I believe sentry event, and defense event. Other players actively doing something involving other players have more events because more variables are there to be tweaked. The other ones are out causing chaos by sabbing and attacking, or doing recons for their alliance. That kind of activity is what the events are trying to promote.

I played dwarves this age and I find it too boring. I had to change something to keep it interesting and take advantage of the events.

Although I did just think of a good one for you. "halvsies" All attacks only reward the attacker with 50% of the total pot, the rest disappears. Will force slayers to decide...is it worth going for, or will waiting give the defender a chance to log on?

Cipher_21
19th March 2013, 05:31 PM
What other things can be done sure someone who does nothing but hides behind da and bank? They have a gold event, and I believe sentry event, and defense event. Other players actively doing something involving other players have more events because more variables are there to be tweaked. The other ones are out causing chaos by sabbing and attacking, or doing recons for their alliance. That kind of activity is what the events are trying to promote.

I played dwarves this age and I find it too boring. I had to change something to keep it interesting and take advantage of the events.

Although I did just think of a good one for you. "halvsies" All attacks only reward the attacker with 50% of the total pot, the rest disappears. Will force slayers to decide...is it worth going for, or will waiting give the defender a chance to log on?

There is not sentry or DA event, and the gold event helps everyone when you really think about it. Maybe helps slayers more than DA whores actually.

I do think that the events should helps make the game more interactive, but it should not aim to hurt any style. If they are going to have event to help boost certain races or types of players, they should make it as evenly distributed for each race and/or play style.

The halvsies event sounds interesting though.

kjzaa
20th March 2013, 01:14 AM
There is not sentry or DA event, and the gold event helps everyone when you really think about it. Maybe helps slayers more than DA whores actually.

I do think that the events should helps make the game more interactive, but it should not aim to hurt any style. If they are going to have event to help boost certain races or types of players, they should make it as evenly distributed for each race and/or play style.

The halvsies event sounds interesting though.

We should also bring back the hippies event cos that was amazing, yay I can't do nothing for 30 minutes lets log off. Why not have an event that gives you 2x DA, also one that when an attack is made it depletes all of the attackers SA so they cant attack no more untill they build up there SA again. I think there should be an event that gives Cipher 500% sentry all age too because he doesn't like to participate in other aspects of the game other than bank.

DA events and others like it drive away activity, your hardly gonna bank 10 times during a 15 minute DA event are you, what would be the point?

Also bankers (DA Whores as you call them) should be forced to buy SA just like everyone else is forced to buy DA :)

Sonata
20th March 2013, 08:55 AM
I thought there was a % sentry event but maybe it was last age. Regardless, there should be one. Only fair. A 10% da event as well. A couple more banking oriented ideas would include:
Magic Lanterns-all covert operations are 25% more likely to fail.
Elite Defense-attacking armies have their weapon damage increased by 50%
Greedy Losers-When attacked, attackers gain 100% of the loot, but defender only loses 75% of it.

Cipher_21
20th March 2013, 09:36 AM
We should also bring back the hippies event cos that was amazing, yay I can't do nothing for 30 minutes lets log off. Why not have an event that gives you 2x DA, also one that when an attack is made it depletes all of the attackers SA so they cant attack no more untill they build up there SA again. I think there should be an event that gives Cipher 500% sentry all age too because he doesn't like to participate in other aspects of the game other than bank.

DA events and others like it drive away activity, your hardly gonna bank 10 times during a 15 minute DA event are you, what would be the point?

Also bankers (DA Whores as you call them) should be forced to buy SA just like everyone else is forced to buy DA :)

First, I sense your sarcasm and it is appreciated. :P
As far as an event that gives me 500% Sentry all age, that wouldn't be any fun. If there weren't a handful of people who could sab me, I wouldn't keep buying it. It's a cat and mouse game that I quite enjoy. And the next age that I don't play as a 1st trickle, I will most certainly be the cat.

As far as forcing everyone to buy SA because other people are forced to buy DA.... wtf are you talking about??? I played all last age without buying DA. No one is forced to buy DA. In fact, unless you are an uberwhore, DA is pretty useless because it is damn hard to stay unhittable for an entire age. All that DA does is deter noob slayers from hitting you. If you are in range, the good slayers are still going to get you if you don't bank.

tdlr: No one is forced to buy DA - why force anyone to buy SA? or Spy? or SE? Let people play the way they want to and don't penalize them for it. Derp

I thought there was a % sentry event but maybe it was last age. Regardless, there should be one. Only fair. A 10% da event as well. A couple more banking oriented ideas would include:
Greedy Losers-When attacked, attackers gain 100% of the loot, but defender only loses 75% of it.

Magic Lanters - eh... i like the idea, but I agree that it would make people less active during this event.
Elite Defense - how about...Attacks cost 25% less turns, but enemies DA is increased by 25%
Greedy Losers - When attacked, attacking army loots 100%, but defending army regenerates gold equal to their TBG (only 1 attack per person allowed during this event)

kjzaa
20th March 2013, 12:23 PM
First, I sense your sarcasm and it is appreciated. :P
As far as an event that gives me 500% Sentry all age, that wouldn't be any fun. If there weren't a handful of people who could sab me, I wouldn't keep buying it. It's a cat and mouse game that I quite enjoy. And the next age that I don't play as a 1st trickle, I will most certainly be the cat.

As far as forcing everyone to buy SA because other people are forced to buy DA.... wtf are you talking about??? I played all last age without buying DA. No one is forced to buy DA. In fact, unless you are an uberwhore, DA is pretty useless because it is damn hard to stay unhittable for an entire age. All that DA does is deter noob slayers from hitting you. If you are in range, the good slayers are still going to get you if you don't bank.

tdlr: No one is forced to buy DA - why force anyone to buy SA? or Spy? or SE? Let people play the way they want to and don't penalize them for it. Derp

Magic Lanters - eh... i like the idea, but I agree that it would make people less active during this event.
Elite Defense - how about...Attacks cost 25% less turns, but enemies DA is increased by 25%
Greedy Losers - When attacked, attacking army loots 100%, but defending army regenerates gold equal to their TBG (only 1 attack per person allowed during this event)

thanks for saying that, i'd like to play the way i want but every age something is added to deter me from doing so, lol :D I was kinda joking about the the forcing to buy SA but hey

I dont buy DA, my coverts get massed, i don't buy sentry my weapons get sabbed, i don't buy SA i can't repair from my own sabs i dont buy spy, there's no point me playing :) See im forced to buy everything to play the way i want to play. :P

Cipher_21
20th March 2013, 01:48 PM

thanks for saying that, i'd like to play the way i want but every age something is added to deter me from doing so, lol :D I was kinda joking about the the forcing to buy SA but hey

I dont buy DA, my coverts get massed, i don't buy sentry my weapons get sabbed, i don't buy SA i can't repair from my own sabs i dont buy spy, there's no point me playing :) See im forced to buy everything to play the way i want to play. :P

then feel free to buy a bit of everything. That's just not my style.

Even when I go back to sabbing, I will have SE, Spy, and a little SA. If i get sabbed, I will recycle; if my coverts get massed, I'll click/swipe; if my DA gets...wait, I actually hate being a DA whore, but it is part of my job description for this age...

Vrasp
20th March 2013, 02:13 PM

Like kjzaa mentioned, these sorts of events drive away activity. It means doing things is less beneficial or more difficult, so parts of the game kind of die for the duration of the event and that is not a good thing.

Defense and Sentry related actions require the person using those stats to do nothing and HURT the people who ARE doing something. That means activity during those events gets punished, rather than rewarded; that's why those events were removed, I imagine. Strike and Spy events, on the other hand, encourage/reward activity.

Now, it may seem "fair" to have events for DA and SE simply because SA and SP have events, but "fair" and "chaos" don't really go together, do they? ;)

I guess the real issue here is a matter of Strike/Spy already being really strong without the events. I mean...if you have some strike, you can take gold off of tons of people already, then an event comes along allowing you to take it off of even more people... or use less turns to do it (ps: nerf orc bonus / make it not benefit from banzai (increased casualty) or double trouble (full attacks require half the turns)). Then if you have some spy, well, you recon / sab / whatever.

The payoffs for getting Defense/Sentry aren't as good, well..the paysoffs for getting defense, at least, because if even one person can hit you, you'll probably lose your gold if you hold it. The same applies for one person being able to recon you...

I guess another issue is that if you want to buy DA, you also HAVE to buy SE, otherwise you're probably losing that gold regardless. This doesn't work the same way for SA, because you can just get someone else to recon for you...might be something to think about, but I'm going on too many tangents and don't care/have the time to think these things through. Perhaps the rest of you can continue this discussion though.

Quick suggestions:
* Increase SA/DA repairs; higher DA = less repairs, so you're encouraged to buy it (oh wait, repairs are based on # of weapons you have, so that'd hurt DA)
* Increase casualties (oh wait, that's based on how many soldiers exist for the type being used)
* Do something to fix both of those problems while making DA relevant. Let me target a soldier type that I want to kill and have DA protect against it (sort of like sabotage...but against soldiers).
* This is a random one, but let alliances pay gold for temporary, alliance-wide global stat bonuses. Perhaps a billion gold for a 12-hour 10% <any stat other than TBG> boost (thought of this one specifically for the sa vs da/sentry problem, but...meh. and sentry is good enough already. sabs op)

Pauly_D
21st March 2013, 08:22 AM
I've seen lots of good ideas in this topic, so what's the next step?
The last update on the RoC homepage was almost a month ago. Besides the clicker, are any of these ideas being considered or maybe already implemented during the beta?
Or are we playing the beta only in await of the new clicker?

from whats been said on irc/skype im gathering that Fury is planning on rewritting a lot of the code in view of releasing the app properly on Apple store, but has been wrapped up in a big project at work thats taking up most of his time for the last few weeks.
It doesnt sound like the android clicker is too far away but has had lots of issues preventing it from being ready earlier.

Rapier
21st March 2013, 08:57 AM
If you want to promote activity to its fullest why not just make events and bonuses overpowered for slayers and then everyone will be slayers, and DA and SE will be arbitrary stats required only to keep the game working.
Then we'll end up like KoC.

Oh wait... Why did Ruins start in the first place?

Also. Game Idea: Make it possible to sab open credits for decent amounts? Say 5 sabs per day per player (22 hours -_-) for a minimum of 1.5% and a max of 3% of open credits. Suddenly an alliance can mass another alliances main the third day of the age and set them back 400k+ soldiers.

Or lone players can get jack of seeing everyone grow like nutcases and cost people the time it took to click. As that seems to be the main factor in this game. 1) who ever puts in the most time (clicking/banking/slaying) 2) who has the most officers.
The only reason clicking is so good is because it's untouchable.

Example: Every time I log on and go to retrieve credits or click or whatever, I see Sacrifice with roughly 1mil credits out in the open.
What if I wanted to do something about it? Oh wait I can't.

How would that promote activity?

Vrasp
21st March 2013, 10:16 AM
If you want to promote activity to its fullest why not just make events and bonuses overpowered for slayers and then everyone will be slayers, and DA and SE will be arbitrary stats required only to keep the game working.
Then we'll end up like KoC.

Oh wait... Why did Ruins start in the first place?

Also. Game Idea: Make it possible to sab open credits for decent amounts? Say 5 sabs per day per player (22 hours -_-) for a minimum of 1.5% and a max of 3% of open credits. Suddenly an alliance can mass another alliances main the third day of the age and set them back 400k+ soldiers.

Or lone players can get jack of seeing everyone grow like nutcases and cost people the time it took to click. As that seems to be the main factor in this game. 1) who ever puts in the most time (clicking/banking/slaying) 2) who has the most officers.
The only reason clicking is so good is because it's untouchable.

Example: Every time I log on and go to retrieve credits or click or whatever, I see Sacrifice with roughly 1mil credits out in the open.

How would that promote activity?

I have no idea what you're talking about (I think you're just mad and trying to be sarcastic and trolly, but your post still made no sense to me. Anyway:

* Do something to fix both of those problems while making DA relevant. Let me target a soldier type that I want to kill and have DA protect against it (sort of like sabotage...but against soldiers).

Pauly_D
21st March 2013, 12:13 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about (I think you're just mad and trying to be sarcastic and trolly, but your post still made no sense to me. Anyway:

The point he was trying to make is that if the game is geered to much towards making it easy to be a slayer and harder to be a banker (DA Whore) then we will end up being overloaded with slayers and them not have a good pool of bankers to attack which is in part what happened with KOC.

Vrasp
21st March 2013, 03:39 PM
The point he was trying to make is that if the game is geered to much towards making it easy to be a slayer and harder to be a banker (DA Whore) then we will end up being overloaded with slayers and them not have a good pool of bankers to attack which is in part what happened with KOC.

That's great, and I addressed those issues in my original post, and then he made his sarcastic/trolly post that didn't even mention my suggestions to remedy that situation. So...yeah.

Cipher_21
21st March 2013, 07:29 PM
I actually suggested something very similar, except I said that people should be able to sab banked credits.
It would keep the credit economy pretty constant instead of the mid-age dip that always happens. It would keep inflation for getting high and would also make it harder for mains to train down a ton, an just relying on the flash credits at EOA to boost them back up.

Rapier
21st March 2013, 09:57 PM
That's great, and I addressed those issues in my original post, and then he made his sarcastic/trolly post that didn't even mention my suggestions to remedy that situation. So...yeah.

I'm sorry you took it that way Vrasp. I assure you I wasn't trying to troll although there was a modicum of sarcasm in my post.

I'm just fed up with the only ideas for promoting activity being those overpowering the already overpowered slayer races.

As for your idea on sabbing soldiers I agree with it, however I think it would need be to quite strong. Hence why I suggested sabbing credits. So players don't actually get the bonus of having the soldiers in the first place.

Increase SA/DA repairs, by changing the formula.
Increasing casualties can be easily done by changing the formula.
I agree with both.

I originally didn't comment on your suggestions because of your trolly/sarcastic comments after your suggestions. The ones in brackets.

I also agree with you about events like 'hippies' and DA based events. They don't promote activity and there's no need for them.

However I don't agree with you about DA whores hurting other players who are more active. Bankers don't take your gold, and generally don't sab. So while they don't do anything to you, they don't provide you any opportunities either. Which is the whole bankers strategy. Remove the variable that is you or others from the game as much as possible.

Also how didn't my last post make sense? lol

ShadowLord
21st March 2013, 11:48 PM
I'm just fed up with the only ideas for promoting activity being those overpowering the already overpowered slayer races.

Technically any race that can provide a TBG bonus and any relevant stat bonus is superior to any other strategy. It's just that most players suck too much to play it properly (i.e. "casual" play).

"Sabbing" stored click credits would do nothing 99% of the time and would be terrible for the game if it did. I feel that this should be very obvious.

Vrasp
22nd March 2013, 12:43 AM
However I don't agree with you about DA whores hurting other players who are more active. Bankers don't take your gold, and generally don't sab. So while they don't do anything to you, they don't provide you any opportunities either. Which is the whole bankers strategy. Remove the variable that is you or others from the game as much as possible.

Also how didn't my last post make sense? lol

I never said DA whores hurt active players. I said events that boost DA/SE discourage activity. The reasoning behind that is...well, DA/SE do not require the person using those stats to actively be participating; however, the person on the other side of that action ARE required to be actively doing something (attacking, reconning, sabotaging, whatever), so they're discouraged from doing so while the event is active. That is what I was trying to say, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Rapier
23rd March 2013, 06:52 AM
Defense and Sentry related actions require the person using those stats to do nothing and HURT the people who ARE doing something.

Hence my confusion?

ShadowLord I agree that sabbing banked credits would do nothing. What's your take on sabbing open credits?

And 'technically' no it doesn't make it superior. If the value of that ten percent can be overtaken by the income generated by converting soldiers or being able to steal 'technically' 150% more gold then obviously it's inferior. However there is no point in a comparison unless every race were playing the same way.

Oh and as for your take on 'casual' play. Games like KoC and RoC are based upon the casual player. The only reason that doesn't work anymore is because as both games have dwindled in numbers, the only ones who have stuck around are the serious or once were serious players along with those who have the social aspect.

If we are going to promote activity in the attempt to pull players into the game, we either have to stick to the current construct of the game which is the casual player and make it even harder for 'serious' players like yourself to gain an advantage just because you have the time to burn, or completely overhaul game mechanics to allow people to play seriously in the space of an hour and a half per day.

The game itself is not designed around people who can monitor it/play it 15 hours+ per day. But 60% (my guess) of the players can.

Sonata
27th March 2013, 08:27 AM
I definitely see how decline in player count hurts the casual player. Is it safe to say then, that making bigger players more vulnerable is the way to go?

Why not make it so that units using sabbed weapons are more likely to be killed or hold an event that makes them automatically killed. They are out on the battlefield and suddenly realize they can't defend themselves-and are easily slain. It will make sabbing more effective and will make players decide if they want to risk losing extra men to use cost effective weapons, or play it safe and use stronger weapons.

Malicious spies: hold an event where recons can kill enemy sentries to avoid capture. Spy casualty rate is reduced during this time.

Double 0 agents: event where recons are 10% more successful, require only one spy, and successful recons reveal everything with no ???s...but at the cost of increased spy weapon damage. Mostly harmless, but useful for updating hard to breach players.

show of force: successful attacks steal a % of the defenders un-banked credits. By beating someone, you are convincing potential recruits to come to you instead. Will force bankers and clickers to bank credits and have to do more than log on and bank every few tbg. This will allow smaller players to have a chance at growth, and require bankers to be more active before and after the event, or risk losses. Players will attack for 1-2 tbg, or for 0 gold, if it means stealing a few thousand easy soldiers. That will cause some chaos, and give clicking a clear but totally preventable counter part.

There could also be an event where banked credits are targeted, by either attacks or sabs-since the credits are "safely"hidden away.

Also-make weapon repair cost directly factor in the upgrade related to it. a picket line is easily and cheaply repaired vs a castle. Archers can replace their crossbows cheaper than damaged siege tanks.

This is kind of the opposite of Vrasps earlier idea...lol but maybe make upgrades affect losses. Higher upgrades = greater losses for opposition. make defense have a higher kill ratio vs attackers across the board, so slayers must greatly upgrade siege to offset casualties. Will make upgradingfortifications factor in stat increase, in addition to how itaffects casualties. Some may upgrade sooner than they would now to prevent losses

FallenOne
28th March 2013, 06:55 AM
the one change i'd wish to see is increased casualties on coverts when attacking/probing someone; at least have it similar with the losses on soldiers.
i don't see why it should be a lot lower; it'd also have more effect during wars.
atm people don't really mass coverts because it doesn't kill enough of them whereas massing soldiers is quite effective and is undertaken when a lot of them sit in untrained or defense with low DA.

other than that i like the game the way it is tbh.

ACrazyMoFo_Dave
30th March 2013, 01:58 AM
Zombies: 544,607

i think the amount of casualties created with each attack is a little much actually... but thats probably because im a bad banker and get hit a lot lol

thealmightyfish
30th March 2013, 05:26 PM
here's an idea
start age 14

Juvi9le
30th March 2013, 08:59 PM
daily consecutive bonus
chose 1 turn or 100soldiers

Things are changing again :)

ACrazyMoFo_Dave
30th March 2013, 09:16 PM
Hells yeah... Is someone stalking my GUA posts about no changes? Hahah

LOVE IT!

Still would like sabbing/noobie mode looked at a second time through ;)

Raktan_the_Mighty
4th April 2013, 11:57 AM
Most people seem to agree that goblins are inferior to orcs. How about giving them a 50% casualty increase on those they slay? A group of them performing mass probes during wars would certainly be interesting. It never made sense to me that "wars" in a game about weapons and armies was all about sabbing. Actual attacks should come more into play, and giving goblins that bonus would certainly help that.

ShadowLord
4th April 2013, 02:13 PM
Part of the problem with the Goblin size ability is that by definition it is only relevant to the top percentage of TFF's...and generally the top TFF players will favor a more defensive style (not saying that this is the only or the best way to play an account, just that it is what the majority of players elect to do).

Cipher_21
5th April 2013, 12:42 PM
amen. for example - if i was a goblin, i would whore the hell out of some strike and try to slay bright and freqz

MFnBonsai
7th April 2013, 05:18 AM
I have an idea that should be implemented....

Get rid of the sneaky ninja sabbin event.... Its the only time I get sabotaged and if you have to hide behind the event to sabb someone you are not worthy of even trying....

The event is so you can hide without retribution and to be honest it is for those that are gutless ;)

Juvi9le
7th April 2013, 01:55 PM
I listed this idea a few ages ago, but i would love to see a live in game messenger withing the alliance, I think this would possibly create more active players and hopefully get the ones that only log in once a week to come by more often!

Mexij3ws_TNE
10th April 2013, 03:51 PM
Here are some thoughts to improve game play for next age, and bring in more people, and balance the game out a bit.

Game preferences:
Adding 1 or 2 race changes per age would be nice to see, and the option to play more then one race for an entire age

Sabbing:
I think switching the damages around would help bring more middle players into the game, as it will allow newer players to not be sabbed for much (considering they tend to load on strike). By this I mean strike action and spy rating reverse damages with defense and sentry respectively. This will make mass sabbing actually useful and effective because currently it doesn't do anything and is pointless, and this would help bring about more activity amongst alliances during wars because their would be a point to everyone sabbing. Sab damages between large valued accounts and smaller accounts should be tweaked to cause more damages in both directions, think both sides would agree that the damages done are null and almost pointless. As sab accounts with high spy rates are limited to their values it seems on the amount of damage they inflict on larger accounts, and the large accounts sabbing them back the damages are nothing with the current dynaimics. It would be nice to see sabbing repairs perhaps lowered to be around or less then 10% of damages done.

Attacking:
I think allowing small accounts to probe and cause repair damages, causalities and covert loses without beating the defense would help bring more balance to smaller players who cannot sab a large player. I had a player probe me x5 and it did no repairs and no causalities, he just wasted his 5 turns and did more damage to himself. Also I think covert loses should be increased by at least 30% to 100%. I have nearly 3 million coverts and I only lost 400 coverts in a recent attack. Large accounts with that many coverts tend to have high defenses, and are difficult to mass to begin with. So increased coverts causalities would help create more damages for mass attacks, or probes, as well as being able to kill coverts without actually beating the defense. Would make mass attacks more effective, and worth doing on large accounts, and bring another element of vulnerability. It would be nice to probe someone/attack people more then x5 a day :-p

New elements to add?
Theft or an option to steal an enemies weapons, rather then sabatoge that perhaps uses 1 turn per attempt. This is more just something Im throwing out would be cool. Since sabbers tend to not have high strike actions, they could use their turns to steal weapons, and think that it would be a pretty cool feature to add :)

Cipher_21
10th April 2013, 05:00 PM
Here are some thoughts to improve game play for next age, and bring in more people, and balance the game out a bit.

Game preferences:
Adding 1 or 2 race changes per age would be nice to see, and the option to play more then one race for an entire age
no

Sabbing:
I think switching the damages around would help bring more middle players into the game, as it will allow newer players to not be sabbed for much (considering they tend to load on strike). By this I mean strike action and spy rating reverse damages with defense and sentry respectively. This will make mass sabbing actually useful and effective because currently it doesn't do anything and is pointless, and this would help bring about more activity amongst alliances during wars because their would be a point to everyone sabbing. Sab damages between large valued accounts and smaller accounts should be tweaked to cause more damages in both directions, think both sides would agree that the damages done are null and almost pointless. As sab accounts with high spy rates are limited to their values it seems on the amount of damage they inflict on larger accounts, and the large accounts sabbing them back the damages are nothing with the current dynaimics. It would be nice to see sabbing repairs perhaps lowered to be around or less then 10% of damages done.
what do you mean mass sabbings are no good? massing is the ONLY way sabbing is any good right nowdoes any significant damage to an account right now. account value is taken into consideration going both direction when sabbing. that means, a big guy cant go picking on a little guy and destroy his account, and a little guy cant fuck up a big guy the same an another big guy - that is called competitive balance.

Attacking:
I think allowing small accounts to probe and cause repair damages, causalities and covert loses without beating the defense would help bring more balance to smaller players who cannot sab a large player. I had a player probe me x5 and it did no repairs and no causalities, he just wasted his 5 turns and did more damage to himself. Also I think covert loses should be increased by at least 30% to 100%. I have nearly 3 million coverts and I only lost 400 coverts in a recent attack. Large accounts with that many coverts tend to have high defenses, and are difficult to mass to begin with. So increased coverts causalities would help create more damages for mass attacks, or probes, as well as being able to kill coverts without actually beating the defense. Would make mass attacks more effective, and worth doing on large accounts, and bring another element of vulnerability. It would be nice to probe someone/attack people more then x5 a day :-p
this already happens too. Anubis was taking 3-5k covert losses per probe when BSS and UW were massing him. the game allows smaller players to attack others player withing a 10:1, DA:SA ratio. Ths is to allow exactly what you are saying, for smaller players to still be able to attack and cause problems for the big guys. if the big guys out race the 10:1 ratio, then tough shit

New elements to add?
Theft or an option to steal an enemies weapons, rather then sabatoge that perhaps uses 1 turn per attempt. This is more just something Im throwing out would be cool. Since sabbers tend to not have high strike actions, they could use their turns to steal weapons, and think that it would be a pretty cool feature to add :)
no

Sonata
11th April 2013, 11:03 AM

Game preferences:

Sabbing:

Attacking:

New elements to add?

about adding new races:

Most people seem to agree that goblins are inferior to orcs. How about giving them a 50% casualty increase on those they slay? A group of them performing mass probes during wars would certainly be interesting. It never made sense to me that "wars" in a game about weapons and armies was all about sabbing. Actual attacks should come more into play, and giving goblins that bonus would certainly help that.

Part of the problem with the Goblin size ability is that by definition it is only relevant to the top percentage of TFF's...and generally the top TFF players will favor a more defensive style (not saying that this is the only or the best way to play an account, just that it is what the majority of players elect to do).

ppl arent even happy with the current races-they need to satisfy that before it would make sense to add more. right now goblins humans and pixies are all kinda WTF races, in that they arent as useful as the other races as far as fulfilling a use within a certain kind of playstyle. slayers will play orcs, sabbers will play elves (MAYBE pixies-but the cheaper repairs for elves still seems to appeal to the public) and the extra spy will help them find gold on the battlefield without actually having to DO a recon anyway- and bankers/rankers will probably pick dwarves for the extra gold, and extra stats to protect it.

Here is where we are right now:

Humans 65 11%
Dwarves 98 17%
Elves 125 22%
Orcs 147 25%
Goblins 82 14%
Pixies 51 8%

goblins fall short to orcs because orcs are generally smaller players, so the extra strike lets them more easily attack bigger opponents. the conversion bonus makes it even more appealing to smaller players because they now have a chance to grow with minimal effort just by slaying like they are already doing. it makes sense that there are twice as many orcs as goblins.

humans fall short to everything because any play style you could possibly want to play-there is another race thats better than it than humans. yea they get stronger-ish weapons, but id rather have 30-50% on one main stat that im going to abuse than 10% on everything-and not be able to bank because an orc player of equal gear can still attack me, and a dwarf player with equal gear will always stop my attack. this is why they are the least picked race, next to pixies-who have even less going for them stat-wise.

pixies have some potential to be pretty cool, but i think they need something else to be really worth NOT picking the other races for. extra chance to succeed at covert ops is good, but if you have extra spy as an elf-you're almost already getting that little extra-and with cheaper repair cost-elves will have more gold after sabbing, with maybe slightly less success rate than a pixie player making the same sab run-meaning pixies can probably hurt other players more, but they are hurting themselves more than an elf would-so at the end of an age a pixie will have more sab dmg, but less sell off value. pixies only really shine if you are afraid of GETTING sabbed-which is very situational and wont really help you the entire age unless you are seriously asking for it-or are in an alliance that wars a lot. but even then, yea you are safe, but you have less potential for retaliation-and are more easily farmed because you lack a defense bonus.

there needs to be an edge for these 3 races that makes them REALLY appealing in a way that caters to one of the main 3 playstyles:

humans could have greed-and only lose 80% of their gold when attacked. would make them less likely targets. instead of playing dwarves where you try not to get attacked at all-humans will expect to get attacked, but will always have gold to spend when they log on after a few turns. more for the player who banks-just not as constantly as others.

goblins to me seem like less a less aggressive race than orcs. so i think orcs should have a big strike advantage over goblins-but since goblins are geared towards attacking weaker players-they dont need as much strike. lower their strike bonus to 30%, but give them 20% spy on top of it so they can have a better advantage over the smaller players? or even just higher success rate on recons.

pixies are small, and thus harder to kill i would think. give them a casualty reduction when attacked-to better cater to their defensive playstyle, and make using a smaller number...maybe 1-5 spies for recons the same as using 25 for another race while having the success rate of actually using the 1-5...because im pretty sure pixies would be better at reconning than a dwarf or orc-so not as many would be needed to gather the intel. this would make them valuable for alliances gathering data on the battlefield.

Raktan_the_Mighty
11th April 2013, 08:05 PM
Like I said, 50% causality increase on hits would be a cool bonus. Sonata made a point about orcs being the stronger race, maybe give that bonus to them while giving goblins the causality conversion bonus since goblins are seen as the weaker race who rely on numbers. Make it happen, oh RoC gods!

ACrazyMoFo_Dave
12th April 2013, 01:11 AM
pixies are small, and thus harder to kill i would think.

i feel like its the exact opposite...

Zombies: 872,636 <---- current zombies

Weapon And Troop Distribution
Weapons --- Soldiers
Spy: 951,012 --- 965,188
Sentry: 472,109 --- 481,975

541 defenses, page 1 of 19

even with my army almost fully trained i still loose a butt-ton of coverts... and when i hit someone else who has 2.5mil spies i barely kill 900

O.o

4 days 2 hours 32 minutes 55 seconds ago
Defense Mercenaries: 74
Spies: 955
Sentries: 454

3 days 1 hour 34 minutes 28 seconds ago
Defense Mercenaries: 64
Spies: 985
Sentries: 469

2 days 15 hours 43 minutes 45 seconds ago
Defense Mercenaries: 112
Spies: 690
Sentries: 329

2 days 1 hour 25 minutes 45 seconds ago
Untrained Mercenaries: 335
Spies: 488
Sentries: 233

1 day 23 hours 45 minutes 29 seconds ago
Untrained Mercenaries: 302
Spies: 289
Sentries: 137

1 day 1 hour 22 minutes 15 seconds ago
Untrained Mercenaries: 447
Spies: 481
Sentries: 229

3 hours 23 minutes 15 seconds ago
Untrained Mercenaries: 454
Spies: 98
Sentries: 49

pulled these numbers from some of my friends in TNE who like to probe me <3 what exactly goes into calculating casualties??? cuz i have never had more then 1million spies and yet my numbers fluctuate more and more everyday. any light on this subject would be greatly appreciated

Mexij3ws_TNE
12th April 2013, 01:45 PM

Weapons --- Soldiers

even with my army almost fully trained i still loose a butt-ton of coverts... and when i hit someone else who has 2.5mil spies i barely kill 900

O.o

pulled these numbers from some of my friends in TNE who like to probe me <3 what exactly goes into calculating casualties??? cuz i have never had more then 1million spies and yet my numbers fluctuate more and more everyday. any light on this subject would be greatly appreciated

Quit crying they should be higher, you just get attacked a ton because we are warring you :<3:

ACrazyMoFo_Dave
12th April 2013, 02:33 PM
im not crying, im just curious.... way to add some insightful information to this thread. :icon_idio

Smitty
13th April 2013, 11:22 AM
Add to PREMIUM the opportunity to send a PM to certain individuals in a bunch, or copy to others.

FallenOne
13th April 2013, 01:52 PM
aside from numbers trained into coverts; i know SA on DA matters as well.
i think it works on multiples rather than actual action numbers with regards to the SA/DA ratio.

agree with above post if that doesn't exist (not playing this age so don't know)

Smitty
13th April 2013, 09:25 PM
I personally would like to see the events that help everyone with more gold and extend the event to min 15 mins to max 29 mins. I love shiny gold :)

Mexij3ws_TNE
13th April 2013, 10:57 PM
I personally would like to see the events that help everyone with more gold and extend the event to min 15 mins to max 29 mins. I love shiny gold :)

Agreed. Gold rush should be adjusted I think. Currently it produces less then one turn of gold to about 1.5 turns max (Which Ive rarely seen a gold rush over 20 minutes). Maybe try increasing Gold rush to 15% of tbg per minute, and have it last 15-29 minutes. Grave Robbing last between 15-29 minutes would be awesome :<3:

It would be pretty cool to have an event that made tbg = to the largest tbg in the game for 1 turn or something similar, I believe something similar was suggested before too.

Sonata
14th April 2013, 08:03 AM

Weapons --- Soldiers

O.o

I was more going for literally-pixies are small, and thus I think they should be harder to kill. I understand that in-game all races die equally-but to hit a pixie with an arrow/sword/axe-anything would be much more difficult than hitting a giant orc, or a human, or a fat dwarf. That should be an incentive to playing them.

As for the fluctuation in your casualties-I think it has to do with your defense/their strike, AND the # of coverts you have. can you double check to see if the higher strike ppl killed more, and the lower strike ppl killed less?

Unless you are talking about WHICH units die and at what ratio-in which case I'm going to assume DA/Strike effect casualties with defense mercs-naturally. so you would think that when more mercs die-more coverts die. but:

4 days 2 hours 32 minutes 55 seconds ago
Defense Mercenaries: 74
Spies: 955
Sentries: 454

3 days 1 hour 34 minutes 28 seconds ago
Defense Mercenaries: 64
Spies: 985
Sentries: 469

2 days 15 hours 43 minutes 45 seconds ago
Defense Mercenaries: 112
Spies: 690
Sentries: 329

1483 casualties on 1st one, 1518 on 2nd one, 1131 on the last one. the first two you lost similar #s of mercs, and had similar number of covert/total casualties. strike/da are statistics-and only change when the stats are increased by players-but damage dealt fluctuates a lot-which can influence casualties. you can hit the same guy twice, both repair weapons after the attack, and can win one, lose one, if stats are close enough. so thats not a surprise. you always lose more spies than sentries-so I'm assuming you have more spies than sentries? not a surprise.

but why....on the last one do you lose more mercs, but less of each covert? unless you just trained a lot more after the third log...? thats the part I dont get.

Add to PREMIUM the opportunity to send a PM to certain individuals in a bunch, or copy to others.

I would love to see this-as it opens the door for mass communication. It could be limited to alliance chat+ppl you insert into your friends list-so you cant just send it to random people without first going through and adding them for whatever reason. You could select ALL alliance, then deselect whoever you dont want to see it. Select ALL friends, or ALL farms, ALL enemies...etc, while being able to manually add/remove people you want to send a mass message to. Some small players may want to make a bulletin for the alliance but cant-this would be a way for them to be able to do so. Naturally-leaders can silence anybody in the alliance themselves-so roc admins can get a break. Or there could be a system where leaders have bulletins-and you could add an option in the alliance menu for them to be able to add/remove players from being able to post bulletins. One way to prevent spam would be to make it so when an alliance bulletin is posted-it must be approved by any member of the alliance above "newbie" status, so ranks in the in game alliance system will now mean something-and offer players a chance for some kind of power in-game.

Agreed. Gold rush should be adjusted I think. Currently it produces less then one turn of gold to about 1.5 turns max (Which Ive rarely seen a gold rush over 20 minutes). Maybe try increasing Gold rush to 15% of tbg per minute, and have it last 15-29 minutes. Grave Robbing last between 15-29 minutes would be awesome :<3:

It would be pretty cool to have an event that made tbg = to the largest tbg in the game for 1 turn or something similar, I believe something similar was suggested before too.

i just recently got to experience being online during a zombie/graverobbing event-and it was actually one of the most enjoyable 10 mins i have spent on this game. The amount of gold players generated in that time was kind of crazy this late in the game-and while I wish it would have lasted longer-I feel like it might be overkill. Instead-I think it would be better just to have it happen more often? Assuming gold rush works the same way (never been gold hunting during one), I would agree that maybe it should be more-at least to 2-3 tbg for the event.

As for my own input on my own ideas-I'd like to point out that the sign up page is currently out-dated: http://www.ruinsofchaos.com/help.php?do=signup
it doesnt have the current race changes on it yet where it explains the different play styles-and I'm going to assume this is because its a beta age? Just making sure it wasnt forgotten about-but the main thing I want to say here is when changing it-keep in mind what you are saying and what you are saying it about:

Humans are the best for rankers...dwarves are the best bankers...ok...but I would say a large number of rankers go dwarves because of the TBG bonus, as well as their ability to keep gold. Being the same size with the same amount of gold is one thing-but a dwarf will likely end up having more gold in the end because they wont lose as much to attacks. Who is going to have a higher rank in the end?

The DA whore that only lost a few tbg?
The elf who saw gold able to be stolen that other races couldnt?
The orc who could steal multiple hours worth of gold at once-hundreds of times-that other races of the same size couldnt?
...or the human who evened out their stats and couldnt slay as good as the orcs, or bank as good as the dwarves, or spy as good as the elves?

I think humans in the end arent the best for ranking at all-not with how the game is played. It looks good on paper (or a monitor?) but it falls short when put to the test of an entire age. As of right now-the highest ranked human is 25th. 3 of the top 10 are dwarves, 2 of them are goblins, 4 are elves, and the last is a pixie. This will be a whole different setup by the end age stats, but who is achieving the highest rank? The players who dont lose tbg/the ones who can steal more.

I spent way too much energy saying all that. lol

The main thing I want to get at is that there are 4 suggested playstyles. This leaves 4 races to be called "better" for each one playstyle. But there are 6 races-two of which are never even mentioned in the sign up screen. New players will see this and be like...I want to slay, I'm going to play orcs because it tells me to...or...I'm going to sab/spy, I want to be elves! It doesn't at all say why you should EVER pick goblins or pixies. And I agree-why should we? Heres a suggested way this part of the page could look:

Playing Style
As you can see, each race in the game has a specific bonus. You pick your race when you sign up, and can reset your account at any time to start over and choose a different race. You can't build an army of Orcs and then just expect them to turn into Humans, right?

The different bonuses each cater to specific gameplay strategies.

Ranker
Prefers gaining as many soldiers as possible and trying to get the best rank
Usually the most well-balanced armies
Preferred races: Humans or Dwarves. Why? For Humans, the weapon strength bonus is applied to every stat in the game. With this bonus, as well as their extra 10 bonus points, Humans have an advantage over others of the same size, because they have a bonus to not just one stat, but all of them . Dwarves gain extra gold per turn and are better able to protect it with their defense. This allows them to spend more gold throughout the age, which means they will have more worth at the end of the age, which will ultimately decide who has the better rank.

Banker
Prefers keeping gold above all else
Spends gold several times a day
Usually hides in the rankings, typically with a highly defensive build
Preferred race: Pixies/Dwarves. (ftw) Why? Pixies are able to hide their gold with their Sentry, making them less likely targets for players who don't have the means to recon them. When players do try to recon them, the Pixies increased covert chance means they are harder to spy. They can also train their army almost entirely to sentries to increase their sentry while at the same time preventing larger players from stealing their gold, because if the attacking army is bigger than the army they attack, then they won't be able to steal all of their gold. The Dwarves have high defense bonuses which allow players to more easily protect their income, or risk fewer soldiers in defending due to their effectiveness.
Spy
Prefers being able to find more gold as opposed to being able to attack stronger targets
Prefers being able to sabotage more effectively when necessary
Usually hides in the rankings with high covert stats
Preferred race: Elves. Their bonus to spy allows them to have a higher Spy bonus, which makes more gold visible on the battlefield without ever having to recon. This also allows them to sabotage more effectively, because Spy is the stat that allows higher sabotage damage, as well as increases sabotage success rates.
Sabber
Prefers warring other players instead of going for a high rank
Prefers being able to sabotage more effectively when necessary
Usually hides in the rankings, typically with high covert stats
Preferred race: Elves/Pixies. Elves are able to sab more effectively with their increased Spy. Sabotage can damage your weapons, and Elves don't have to pay as much gold to make up for stats lost during sabotage missions. Pixies can sabotage players with similar stats more effectively than other races. If players attempt to sabotage a Pixie player back, they will be less likely to succeed.

Slayer
Prefers taking all the gold they can
Spends their own gold a few times a day; spends other people's gold as often as they damn well please!
Typically focuses almost exclusively on attack
Preferred race: Orcs/Goblins. Why? Having a very strong Strike Action allows you to decide how much gold you make by who you attack to steal gold from. The attack bonus makes this path much easier and more powerful for an Orc or Goblin. Goblins have an additional bonus allowing them to steal gold from players with slightly smaller armies than them, which means a Goblin player can essentially have more targets than an Orc player, while Orcs will have more strike so that they can attack the bigger players with ease.

There are, of course, some exceptions to these trends, but they can vary from age to age depending on what's different about the gameplay settings and who decides to play.

Totally a rough draft-and because I tend to be long-winded I expect there to be much rewording. But something to this effect would show players where each race shines, as well as separating spy/sentry-as that no longer is one strategy since elves dont get a bonus to spy AND sentry anymore. I still feel humans/pixies need a lot more work done to better specialize a role, and one thing that might make the Humans more appealing is if they gained 2 TBG at once-every other turn. Just to make them unique. Or else maybe do the opposite-gain TBG 4 times a turn, but at 1/2 a full tbg each time. Or as I think I'd suggested before-let them gain their UP in more chunks than other races-to illustrate more rapid reproduction.They would gain the same number of soldiers in a day, but if spread out correctly-they would be generating gold from UP faster-thus giving them a little more worth for the same cost-like their other bonus is already giving them.

Shredmeister
14th April 2013, 01:38 PM
Sorry if this idea has already been suggested, if so, then I agree with it! I was going to read the whole thread and then I saw Sonata's last post o___O

Gold rush should be improved, either long time, or better percentage (not a few points, I mean doubling or tripling it). For example, the gold rush going on at this exact moment lasts 13 minutes. That mean it is a total of 91% of a normal turn (7[%]*13), which is basically a turn in 13 minutes, which isn't that significant. Seeing as events never seem to last more than 30 minutes, sticking with that I suggest making gold rush to give ~25% (total of 325% if 13 minutes, like is currently).

I think making gold rush buffed to give 2-3 turns worth of gold in the time limit would make it much more exciting. Gold makes this little chaotic world of ours go around, I think we can all agree on that.

Vrasp
14th April 2013, 08:07 PM
So it seems that people are suggesting conflicting ideas in this thread. Let's take a look at some of the suggestions:

1) Make +DA/+SE events! None of the events benefit bankers or sentry hoars!
2) Gold Rush isn't good enough...make it give more gold!

So if we make Gold Rush give more gold....who does that benefit? Does it benefit the person generating the gold? Not likely. If I'm getting 2-3 TBG in a matter of 15 minutes, that means I have to log in MUCH more often, just to make sure a gold rush event isn't on, otherwise I'm totally going to get hit, even if I normally log in every 3-4 turns to bank.

Is that what we want? Another event that benefits dem OP slayers? Because chances are, if the event is changed to give a lot more gold a lot faster...the people spending that gold will be the slayers who take it off of all the poor innocent bankers, not the bankers.

I mean yeah, I get that the event seems underwhelming as it is (it's still a lot better than it was in previous ages though, I think we can all agree =p)...but think about it.

thealmightyfish
14th April 2013, 08:56 PM
what about a couple events for clicking? a common event could be a simple 15 minute 2x credit event, and a rare event could be a 15 minute game-wide click competition with credit rewards for 1st/2nd/3rd, or maybe armory items as a reward.

Mexij3ws_TNE
15th April 2013, 01:11 AM
So it seems that people are suggesting conflicting ideas in this thread. Let's take a look at some of the suggestions:

1) Make +DA/+SE events! None of the events benefit bankers or sentry hoars!
2) Gold Rush isn't good enough...make it give more gold!

So if we make Gold Rush give more gold....who does that benefit? Does it benefit the person generating the gold? Not likely. If I'm getting 2-3 TBG in a matter of 15 minutes, that means I have to log in MUCH more often, just to make sure a gold rush event isn't on, otherwise I'm totally going to get hit, even if I normally log in every 3-4 turns to bank.

Is that what we want? Another event that benefits dem OP slayers? Because chances are, if the event is changed to give a lot more gold a lot faster...the people spending that gold will be the slayers who take it off of all the poor innocent bankers, not the bankers.

I mean yeah, I get that the event seems underwhelming as it is (it's still a lot better than it was in previous ages though, I think we can all agree =p)...but think about it.
Isnt the purpose of the events to create more activity to have more people login and play more, as there are only like 100-200 players who login daily as of now? Less then 600 total in the game. Gold rush benefits all players equally, if your banking regularly you can set your banking schedule's around the events which are around every 3 turns or so.

Also I really like almightyfish's suggestion about a clicking event. Id agree an event that gives x2-3 credits would be nice, and increase clicking activity during the middle of the age.

Sonata
15th April 2013, 04:12 AM
I'm just putting ideas on the table to see what people think of it. I don't think all of my ideas are good enough to put into the game, but even if I throw some bad ones out there I'm hoping somebody can take a few of them and improve on them to make them better-or else show me/others who might have been thinking the same thing WHY its a bad idea. Makes the thread more interesting, anyway.

Gold rush helps whoever is online-be it a slayer or a banker. The only problem I have with it in its current state-and if it gets improved-is that people using the mobile site to bank can't see events. It also says "Age 11" at the top of the screen-so it hasnt gotten much love as of late. Active bankers probably would like to know when events are happening too, so they can plan around them. The main site is extremely slow on my phone whether I'm using wireless to my router or out and about. I try not to EVER use it unless I have pc access-in which case I never know what events are going on even though I'm "online" most of the time.

Vrasp
15th April 2013, 04:44 AM
Isnt the purpose of the events to create more activity to have more people login and play more, as there are only like 100-200 players who login daily as of now? Less then 600 total in the game. Gold rush benefits all players equally, if your banking regularly you can set your banking schedule's around the events which are around every 3 turns or so.

Also I really like almightyfish's suggestion about a clicking event. Id agree an event that gives x2-3 credits would be nice, and increase clicking activity during the middle of the age.

Activity Today
Active Users 396

It's always around 400 when I check. But anyway, yeah events are meant to encourage activity, but I don't think they're meant to punish you for missing one. Making the gold rush generate too much gold would do that; you'd get hit for having too much gold because of the event when you otherwise wouldn't. Maybe this is something we don't/shouldn't care about, but I felt like it was worth mentioning.

Personally I feel like it shouldn't generate more than 1.5 TBG throughout the event. Maybe 0.75-1.5 TBG depending on how long it lasts or something, but that's just me. So I'm not saying it shouldn't be increased/changed, just saying that if it gets changed this is something they should think about. =)

And yeah, clicking events have been suggested many, many times. Not sure why they've never been done... but yeah it'd be pretty neat.

ACrazyMoFo_Dave
16th April 2013, 12:59 AM
if thats the case Vrasp, i believe the zombie event needs to be modified

8 hours 24 minutes ago xxxxxxxxxxx LOST 522,918,627 Gold
8 hours 27 minutes ago xxxxxxxxxxx LOST 706,175,200 Gold
8 hours 31 minutes ago xxxxxxxxxxx LOST 705,792,800 Gold
8 hours 35 minutes ago xxxxxxxxxxx LOST 750,419,230 Gold

i am severly punished when i miss those events... and i miss them all the time >.<

Vrasp
16th April 2013, 04:06 AM

i am severly punished when i miss those events... and i miss them all the time >.<

YA RITE! You wouldn't have so many zombies if you didn't already get hit all the time! Can't fool me...

JK. Double punishment OP! First you lose all your soldiers, then you end up getting hit more because you got hit in the past! Hahahaha.

And wow, how many zombies do you have? Generating 700mil in 4 minutes? That's insane... grave robbing needs da nerfs.

Pauly_D
16th April 2013, 08:45 AM
Zombie event will encourage people to buy DA in future, finally there is a reason for more than 10 people to buy it.
On topic would be interesting to see how many converted soldiers some Orc accounts have, to me their bonus sounds overpowered but would be interesting to see some actual numbers

Mexij3ws_TNE
16th April 2013, 12:01 PM

Feel free to share how many of those came from TNE's massing :<3:

The causalities are hardly anything in this game, if you train your troops. I had like no zombies up until I started sabbing, about half of my zombies are from sabbing, about 1/4 from not paying attention and attacking without mercenaries, and 1/4 from attacks approximately. You just had poor account management + being massed alot :)

Sonata
16th April 2013, 12:28 PM
zombies is a little crazy. last zombie event i stole 700m from an alliance mate 2x during the event. he logged on about 20 mins later. wasnt at all sour about it but dang. why not generate the standard 50 gold each min for 20 mins? or 100 gold every 2 mins for 20 mins to get the same result but give a little more breathing room between increments.

Pauly_D
16th April 2013, 01:54 PM
zombies is a little crazy. last zombie event i stole 700m from an alliance mate 2x during the event. he logged on about 20 mins later. wasnt at all sour about it but dang. why not generate the standard 50 gold each min for 20 mins? or 100 gold every 2 mins for 20 mins to get the same result but give a little more breathing room between increments.

the point is though if your alliance mate had used DA or mercs then they wouldn't have so many zombies, particularly with the Orcs bonus i would expect to see a lot more massing during wars so this should be a learning curve for a lot of people for next age when probably Zombies wont be the gold mine it is now as people learn from this age

SonicRage
23rd April 2013, 05:33 AM
I find Zombies to be a great part of the game adds excitement and gives bankers a reason to slay.

I would personaly like to see alliance stats inside you alliance base.
E.g. Alliance top 5 Slayer, Sabber, Clicker.
Also have more ranks other then Loyal admin elder newbie.
Such as Battle Field Mod, War/Sab Squad mod.

Also prehaps a war page add the alliance's involved and show the top sabbers and damage.
And a total of the alliance damages. (Damage taken and given, and the what alliance.)

Cipher_21
23rd April 2013, 12:16 PM
I find Zombies to be a great part of the game adds excitement and gives bankers a reason to slay.

I would personaly like to see alliance stats inside you alliance base.
E.g. Alliance top 5 Slayer, Sabber, Clicker.
Also have more ranks other then Loyal admin elder newbie.
Such as Battle Field Mod, War/Sab Squad mod.

Also prehaps a war page add the alliance's involved and show the top sabbers and damage.
And a total of the alliance damages. (Damage taken and given, and the what alliance.)

Having Alliance stats would be pretty awesome.
It would be a good way i think to inspire a little friendly competition between alliance members.
Basically, having a top stats page- but only for alliance members.

I also really like the idea for adding new labels. I think keeping Admin, Elder, and Loyal are good. I really like War/BF Mod, sab squad not so much. I also think adding a designation for Main Account, for alliances that choose to use it, would be beneficial.

As far as war pages, I can see this working, but for it to work there would have to be a way to actually declare war against another alliance in the game.
Maybe adding that feature, and then having all members of your enemies alliance marked on the BF.

Like, in the case of TNE vs. TF/WP, all TNE members would see all TF and WP members in green on the BF or something.

SonicRage
24th April 2013, 03:26 AM
Those are also great ideas it would also remove half the bull crap that comes out of everyones mouth during war cause then we can all see stats lol.

Top ideas Cipher Hi5!

Clowpower
27th April 2013, 05:58 PM
I have some ideas

- Individual sab damage 1v1
Sometimes , I would like to know which one is winning between me and the target that sab me. It would be great to see who dealt the most sab damage on a 1v1. The other player who sab can know my sab damage that I done to him/her so far by looking at our profile page.

- PvE , Player versus Environment
Some player might not like to attack player to steal their gold , some people like to PvP Player VS Player. How about adding a way for players to get gold by using their turns on non-playable character. This might completely stupid but for some , great to hide and not appearring in some players logs , so they could burns their turns on those when there are no interresting amount of gold to steal on the battlefield. I say stupid because RoC is supposed to be a war game. why not to add this feature?

- Current wars
Some people might want to know which alliances are currently at war , players who are not in war might not want to get involved and attack those who are at war and get sabbed. How about adding a page and see the current war happening in the game ? It might be interresting to know which one of them is winning....etc.... I think there allready a place for that , the GUA forum ?

- Click credits Jackpot !
How about adding a Jackpot to win a BIG amount of free click credits ? Players would be able to buy tickets with their gold. after that , randomly selecting a player who bough ticket and the random ticket winning number. I have no idea for a price for each ticket but i'm thinking about 50m-100m each ticket. Gotta think a way to make everyone to participate and balanced for the Jackpot.

I might have some more ideas for the game , I need to think more for new ones.

SonicRage
29th April 2013, 03:18 AM
I have some ideas

- Individual sab damage 1v1
Sometimes , I would like to know which one is winning between me and the target that sab me. It would be great to see who dealt the most sab damage on a 1v1. The other player who sab can know my sab damage that I done to him/her so far by looking at our profile page.

- PvE , Player versus Environment
Some player might not like to attack player to steal their gold , some people like to PvP Player VS Player. How about adding a way for players to get gold by using their turns on non-playable character. This might completely stupid but for some , great to hide and not appearring in some players logs , so they could burns their turns on those when there are no interresting amount of gold to steal on the battlefield. I say stupid because RoC is supposed to be a war game. why not to add this feature?

- Current wars
Some people might want to know which alliances are currently at war , players who are not in war might not want to get involved and attack those who are at war and get sabbed. How about adding a page and see the current war happening in the game ? It might be interresting to know which one of them is winning....etc.... I think there allready a place for that , the GUA forum ?

- Click credits Jackpot !
How about adding a Jackpot to win a BIG amount of free click credits ? Players would be able to buy tickets with their gold. after that , randomly selecting a player who bough ticket and the random ticket winning number. I have no idea for a price for each ticket but i'm thinking about 50m-100m each ticket. Gotta think a way to make everyone to participate and balanced for the Jackpot.

I might have some more ideas for the game , I need to think more for new ones.

PvE- i just dont see a point in it if there's bad gold on the BF then just have to wait or take whats on offer.

Current war- I already said something along those lines. I think it would be a great idea.

Jackpot- It's a good idea but i think tickets should cost 5k credits and 100mil. The amount of credits dictates the prize pool the gold can be divided up between the top 5.

I also think we should have a bank. And be able to determine how much gold goes to the bank by upgrading prossibly needing to be expensive.

Mexij3ws_TNE
9th May 2013, 08:25 AM
Just a quick thought and suggestion on the gold rush event. Currently it provides around .5 to 1.5 turns of gold, rarely ever 1.5 turns, and is no where near as fun or exciting as grave robbing the only other gold generating event. What if the gold rush was 7% of the highest turn based gold in the game? That would be a nice gold rush for everyone all around, and pretty equal as well as add much more excitement and fun to the event to compete with grave robbing. Even just test the idea out for a couple of the gold rush events, it is a beta :-p :<3:

1 minute has passed from this gold rush:
Current Events
Gold Rush - All players gain 7% of their turn based gold each minute. (6 minutes 49 seconds left)

These short gold rushes are not very exciting :(

Wasian
14th May 2013, 04:21 PM
I'd like to see sabs use turns or some consumable resource other than just repair cost.

Cipher_21
21st May 2013, 02:11 PM
I'm sure it's been mentioned in the past, but I would like to have an Alliance sort button to go along with the Size, Gold and Rank at the top of the BF.

OTG
3rd August 2013, 07:16 AM
I suggest that all sabs should be linked to turns.

The minority bullies are driving peeps away from the game by just constantly sabbing new & weak players. Its not fair when members are trying to learn the game when you get the likes of BBLDT just railroading anyone they know they can sab just for the fun of it and driving old and new players away.
Just a few are spoiling it for everyone else.

Pinturicchio
3rd August 2013, 07:23 AM
I suggest that all sabs should be linked to turns.

The minority bullies are driving peeps away from the game by just constantly sabbing new & weak players. Its not fair when members are trying to learn the game when you get the likes of BBLDT just railroading anyone they know they can sab just for the fun of it and driving old and new players away.
Just a few are spoiling it for everyone else.

Buy sentry. stfu.

ixaciyel
3rd August 2013, 10:09 AM
The game is bit slower, the turns, TBG and all the stuffs

Daniel Francis Sheppard
3rd August 2013, 03:36 PM
The game is bit slower, the turns, TBG and all the stuffs

Yeah I wish it was a little more fast paced... 30 mins a turn is way too slow ...

Clowpower
3rd August 2013, 05:37 PM
Monster Turns : All players have infinite turns for 10 minutes

OTG
5th August 2013, 04:23 AM
Buy sentry. stfu.

Lol. You are a fine example of one of the scumbag bullies...with a typical bully reply.

FallenOne
5th August 2013, 02:26 PM
suggested at start of thread...

everyone's grudge - all players you've ever sabbed can now sab you.
(treat it as a 1:1 ratio success rate?)

ofc it gives no benefits to the massive accounts but majority could make use of it.

Carlos
5th August 2013, 04:30 PM
Event name: Cry blood
Everyone who whines about getting sabbed can be sabbed for 10x more value for the rest of the age.

Buy sentry or stop crying.

ShadowLord
5th August 2013, 05:35 PM
sentry is for pussies

suggestion: make all sentry 0

kjzaa
6th August 2013, 07:06 AM
Event name: Cry blood
Everyone who whines about getting sabbed can be sabbed for 10x more value for the rest of the age.

Buy sentry or stop crying.

+1 :D

Pinturicchio
6th August 2013, 03:59 PM
You should check my track record of awesome sabbing in ROC (played all ages).

+1 to Carlos for Cry Blood.

Buy less DA, buy more sentry, stop crying.

Daniel Francis Sheppard
6th August 2013, 10:24 PM
Add the "bank" feature which game like hellwars and lordsofaman use to have. You could keep your gold there. No one can see what is in your bank and you can only deposit 3 times a day. This way to can save up for something nice. Withdraw is not required. Everything u buy pulls from on hand gold before bank gold.

ShadowLord
7th August 2013, 12:01 PM
So, I've got some ideas, at least for the speed rounds if not for the normal age. Since multiplying everything by 10 breaks the fundamentals of the game, why not break the rest of them too?

Size doesn't matter - why not have this apply all the time? For that matter, why not allow spies and sentries to be reassigned? Why not have spies and sentries produce the same amount of TBG as a trained attack/defense specialist?

This maintains the tension of choosing the trade-off between smaller weapon efficiency and larger weapons, but it gives players more options and flexibility.

Also, events do not mesh well with the 10x time change. It doesn't quite make sense to shorten the duration by 10 since then they are too short to matter to human beings, but modifying events that are minute-based such as zombies and Gold Rush is worth considering.

kjzaa
9th August 2013, 01:13 AM
Keep the current format in the proper ages going forward!

NardHipples
10th August 2013, 08:50 AM
1. sort pages individually by tff/gold/rank etc without it forcing you back to page 1
2. option to prevent people from sending you cc or have the cc sent to you go directly to your bank
3. don't like the race bonus changes. might just be for the speedround, but i like higher percentages so you can really improve 1 stat and make it actually matter what race you choose. customizable bonus points are always nice, give 10 of them to every race
4. using a bonus point on sa for orcs gives you 1% to your sa BEFORE the orc bonus is factored in if im not mistaken, same for dwarves on da etc. i don't like this :D

mygoodoldusername
12th August 2013, 03:35 AM
I think every page should have a "Last attacked by" link to show who that person was last attacked by and when.

It's getting really bad now, there seems to be a lot of people that are hitting for pathetic gold, there's nothing more annoying than when your watching a person to build some gold and they get hit while your waiting. You should be able to see who it was that attacked your target for the pathetic amount...

So get on it!

NardHipples
12th August 2013, 02:09 PM
5. hitting within 5 seconds before a regular or zombie turn should automatically give you 0 gold and you lose your turns

Mexij3ws_TNE
24th August 2013, 07:55 PM
Some ideas for next age:

Bank- implement it for upgrades an dont allow for anyone to attack from it (eliminates multis)

Events: would be nice having events once an hour
New events:
New event that gives out turns per minute
Click mania: all clicking is doubled during the event; have it occur often to incentivise clicking
Gold mining; attackers steal 50% more then the gold available; or steal from a persons bank if implemented; an convert dead soldiers into army
Zombies come to life; x% of zombies turn into untrained
Event editions:
Gold rush change it to a percentage of the games largest income for everyone
Industrious change to 20% reduced costs :D
Eagel eye edit to show all stats during the event
Banzai edit so all soldiers killed get converted to any race would be cool along witg the 100% increased causalities
Charge change to 25% strike increase an 50% increase in causalities
Nightwalk 25% spy bonus and 100% increase in sabatoge success :D
Sabbers delight: you keep what you sab :D

Clicking: release the mobile app for all even if incomplete an just have global updates; change clicking to 4:1 to 6:1 to equal speeds of the mobile app

Race changes: have them more equal an harder to chose between some personal suggestions:
Humans:
20% weapon strength
10 to 15 bonus percentage pts
Dwarves:
40% Defense
10% income
Elves
40% spy bonus
15% weapon repairs
Orcs
50% strike
Bring back causality conversion
Goblins
30% strike
15 bonus percentage pts
Pixies
Same as they are now
Add another race or two :-p

Implement a race change or two per age

Allow 10 attacks per 12 hrs; turns will limit the amount of attacks; otherwise large alliances gain a better advantage in massing

Sab: allow for soldiers to be sabbed or stolen to your army; also would be cool if sabbed weapons were stolen or new game feature of theft implemented to steal weapons n soldiers maybe costing turns or an event to that extent

Dank-
28th August 2013, 05:04 PM
A lot of the layout changes to the game seem to make things more cluttered. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".

Everything else has been nice so far.

andyt683
29th August 2013, 09:08 PM
A lot of the layout changes to the game seem to make things more cluttered. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".

Everything else has been nice so far.

I'm working on decluttering things, but fury keeps getting in my way and adding things that do things. There's a lot of extraneous information littered around every page, which is a problem, too.

We also might be getting a professional design going, instead of something that looks like it was vomited from the depths of CSS hell. I kind of like it down here in CSS hell though.