PDA

View Full Version : Home Network Problems (Good luck with this one)

Marushia
6th September 2004, 06:17 PM
Well, let's see. I have a Dell at home with Windows XP Home Edition on it. I have set up a single system admin account and made several other limited user accounts each with their own password. I also have Verizon DSL. I can get onto the internet from the Admin computer, but am unable to even launch Internet Explorer from any of the other accounts, let alone use the internet. This is a problem because those users (well, most of them) need the internet. Does anyone know what to do about this?

White_Hindu
6th September 2004, 06:33 PM
If you are not running through a router, then you have to go to My Network Places on the desktop and make a new internet connection. I think all you have to do is follow the on screen instructions, then make sure you select PPPoE for which type of connection it is, then enter your Verizon username and password. Then you connect this way every time by clicking the icon it makes and clicking the connect button. Sort of like dial up.

omega
7th September 2004, 05:38 PM
Well, let's see. I have a Dell at home with Windows XP Home Edition on it. I have set up a single system admin account and made several other limited user accounts each with their own password. I also have Verizon DSL. I can get onto the internet from the Admin computer, but am unable to even launch Internet Explorer from any of the other accounts, let alone use the internet. This is a problem because those users (well, most of them) need the internet. Does anyone know what to do about this?

How is your network set up? (I see, umm, one computer there.)

Have you looked at the permissions for iexplore.exe and checked to see whether those accounts have the execute privilege?

Have you tried using an alternate browser?