PDA

View Full Version : What's a referal?

Xv_raven_vX
6th September 2004, 05:11 PM
I've looked in a few people's profile and it says 'Referal' with a number by it. I'm just wondering what this is for because it's not in the FAQ.

Demonic
6th September 2004, 05:13 PM
The person who told you about the site.
If you told someone about the site and him/her wrote your name while registering you will get a referal point.

Squidi
6th September 2004, 05:42 PM
Whoop-dee-doo. Does it do anything? Or it is just there so you can show off by saying, hahaha I referred more people to GUA than you.

Molotov
6th September 2004, 05:55 PM
pretty much you covered it's use Volvox. On some forums, they will give you stuff, like points towards the forum store.

Since GUA, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't have one of those, I think they're pretty much as useless as Rep.

However, if having it makes you feel good, have it.

Squidi
6th September 2004, 06:01 PM
It's stupid. It's pointless. All it does is make people brag to my knowledge. GUA is doing fine with members, so I think that having something like referral is stupud.

Fusion
6th September 2004, 06:30 PM
It's stupid. It's pointless. All it does is make people brag to my knowledge. GUA is doing fine with members, so I think that having something like referral is stupud.
Referrals is already automatically included when you install a VB forum. So it's not something the GUA admins did. It's something the developers of Vbulletin put in Vbulletin forums. Since like Some other guy said, GUA has no points system or anything therefore it's useless and doesn't do much except give people the right to brag as you have all mentioned.

Carnage
7th September 2004, 03:48 AM
i believe it can be disabled, but for the time being i have more important things to do, i'll ask tau about it though. I myself see little point in it, unless we are giving some reward for it.

Molotov
7th September 2004, 06:34 AM
why bother Mr. Carnage. I don't see the harm it does. It's a simple meaningless thing. Kinda like location I guess.

Perhaps you could do something with it though, like give anyone with 3+ reps the right to a custom title.

Carnage
7th September 2004, 06:48 AM
well, i'll think up something to use it for :) perhaps having referals as a way to gain and addition to stats once they are put back in.

whirlwind
7th September 2004, 12:44 PM
why bother Mr. Carnage. I don't see the harm it does. It's a simple meaningless thing. Kinda like location I guess.

Perhaps you could do something with it though, like give anyone with 3+ reps the right to a custom title.

as in the old board, i belive unless you are a mod+ u can have a custom title, bur only ten days after you sign up....

Whimsical
8th September 2004, 11:55 PM
LOL they are kinda useless. I just put "rouen" down as my referral since his name was the first name that popped up in my mind when I was registering.