PDA

View Full Version : Outbox not retaining copies of some sent messages

LordAdmiral
6th September 2004, 03:50 PM
Normally, when I send a message out to someone, a copy of it shows up in my outbox. I find this quite helpful since I can go back and see what I said, especially when I get an abbreviated reply.

Recently, however, it appears that some of my outgoing messages are not getting copied to my outbox. The ones sent out to people in my command chain are there, but messages to others are not leaving copies behind.

Is anyone else having this problem? While nothing major, it does have me puzzled.

Thanks.

KCxx
6th September 2004, 04:21 PM
^
Well... as long as the receiver of your PMs did not delete your PMs, they remain in your outbox. But if they do delete them, you'll lose the outbox 'ghost' as well.

Clone
6th September 2004, 04:40 PM
This happens to me sometimes too. I think when someone either reads your message or ignores you, then the message disappears. Try emailing the admins, but I don't think it really is that big of a deal.

the saboteur
7th September 2004, 01:42 PM
Once the recipient deletes (not sure about ignore) ur msg, then it disapears from ur outbox. When the recipient has reads ur msg or enters his/her inbox, then the msg in ur outbox is no longer highlighted (if u get what I mean)...

SataiDelenn
11th September 2004, 03:46 PM
Well, I've notced that it happens to me on people that aren't in my clan. I attributed it to being put on people's ignore lists (at least this is what I assumed was happening). Anyway, it would be nice if the messages would just stay in my outbox regardless of what the other person does with their copy. A lot of alliances require now that you post your messages and any replies you get in threads where requests for action within said alliance is occurring. If the messages are disappearing, it makes it difficult to prove you sent a message. Hope that made sense.

elminster
11th September 2004, 06:00 PM
i think the sentbox thing is good only to see whether ppl has seen your message..... abt keeping the message thing, dont really see the use..

u wanna keep it, save it somewhere else.

:)

domin8ah
12th September 2004, 12:35 PM
I wish could manually delete files from the outbox.. have some in there that were never read (account disabled) so they will stay in my outbox forever..