PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the public groups?

Mr T
6th September 2004, 03:42 PM
I guess this is the right place to put it, but I don't see a warning bar either, so what do I have to lose.

When you go to someone's profile it says, "[user] is not a member of any public groups." What is a public group and how do you join one? Would ROKFD be a public group?

MindFrame
6th September 2004, 03:44 PM
They probly still working on it, installing the hacks is hard.

seta
6th September 2004, 04:23 PM
Uh oh, Mr T's disrespect list already has a few. Watch out.

( I want my join date back too. )

Fusion
6th September 2004, 06:33 PM
They probly still working on it, installing the hacks is hard.
Actually the public groups option in VB3 isn't a hack the admins put in. It's already in VB3 which was put in by the developers of Vbulletin.

Mr T, public groups are pretty much the same as user groups. (USer groups being, moderators, smods, admins) Just public groups can be used, for people who do something other besides modding on the forums. For example, if there was a team that reviewed games on GUA, they could have their own public group called Gaming Reviewers. The groups could also be used for clans as well, and if the public groups option on VB works like phpbb forums then you can be in multi public groups at once. And the ROKFD could have a public group...it's just whether or not the admins would or are willing to make it.

BLORTH
7th September 2004, 01:11 AM
I demand ROKFD be made a public group!

plzkthxbai.

soupnazi
7th September 2004, 02:31 AM
*gasps* oh my goodness mr. t does have a fresh disrespect list... lol... Good ole ROKFD... if anything be made a public group, i think you guys get first dibs

Dynellen Unholy
7th September 2004, 02:32 AM
Actually the public groups option in VB3 isn't a hack the admins put in. It's already in VB3 which was put in by the developers of Vbulletin.

Mr T, public groups are pretty much the same as user groups. (USer groups being, moderators, smods, admins) Just public groups can be used, for people who do something other besides modding on the forums. For example, if there was a team that reviewed games on GUA, they could have their own public group called Gaming Reviewers. The groups could also be used for clans as well, and if the public groups option on VB works like phpbb forums then you can be in multi public groups at once. And the ROKFD could have a public group...it's just whether or not the admins would or are willing to make it.

So basicly itīs a bit better way of creating groups like "RPG beta testers" we had back before Tīl