PDA

View Full Version : Game Creation

Deadlybones
8th January 2012, 09:49 AM
I got a question if anyone can help me that would be great.

Most of you probably know the game called Evony. The game i was told was created in flash. I want to make a tech based game like that and kinda like kingsofchaos. I havent started to learn programming because I dont know where to start. I downloaded Flash Develop but everytime i look for a guide its for flash Photoshop and doesnt help.
If i want to create a game that has no 3D graphics and its like kingsofchaos and Evony. Where do i need to start? Do i need to learn HTML and then Flash programming. Or how does it all work? I'm just really confused on what i have to learn to do this but i really want to and ive been reading for days with no help on where i need to start. But if anyone knew that would be great. Thanks!

Johnny2x4
10th January 2012, 11:10 AM
I don't know what evony is but to get a basic game like koc all you need to learn is html,php and how to use sql. mysql servers are available for free with any linux distro and I believe older versions of mac had server software that included sql in some form. thats just for the skeleton of the game. to add interactivity you'll want to learn javascript, jquery, flash, etc. This is going to take a lot longer than if you were making a console or gui game. I know for awhile the source code for koc age 1 was available for awhile. You'll have to ask around I'm sure someone has a copy somewhere.

Deadlybones
12th January 2012, 06:18 PM
Thanks that kinda helps. But this game I want run in Flash. Not sure that does it but idk lol. I also asked more in other places they said to get CS5.5 so i did and the book will come soon then i can start to learn that i hope. But im sure theres ALOT more then just learning it..but dang lol.
Then ill have to learn how to make it multiplayer and what not ect...lol..list goes on.
Thanks tho!