PDA

View Full Version : Goblins: Feedback

Crazik
22nd November 2011, 06:48 AM
What do you guys think about the new race?

Pros:
Finally Something new!
I like the 15 bonus point, I always wanted some kind of ''custom'' race.
High risk/reward Value,they will add alot of gold on the battlefield for slayers if they are played by players who sleeps:)

Cons: In a game where LOTS of people sell at the end of the age, this race played with 15 points in TBG might be just too good. Putting your TBG goblins in clicks trickles will pay off, maybe a little too much. I dont like the idea of adding a race that encourages ''passive play'' (not doing anything the whole age except banking off the up boost/15%tbg and then sell)

Anyone who is planning to sell at the end of the age would be stupid to not play a 15%Tbg goblin. (apart from maybe 1 big orc per alliance)

Overall: I like the fact that we're trying something new but sadly it doesnt fit the current meta game. you shouldnt be able to multiply TBG with UP at all.

- Crazik

joly
22nd November 2011, 08:12 AM
Humans give +10% each stat, so the 5% for each would be dumb.

/me goes Goblins next age and became roc's biggest farm. Unless i have to click hundred of k's, then i would suck as a farm :)

skiking
22nd November 2011, 08:27 AM
What do you guys think about the new race?

Pros:
Finally Something new!
I like the 15 bonus point, I always wanted some kind of ''custom'' race.
High risk/reward Value,they will add alot of gold on the battlefield for slayers if they are played by players who sleeps:)

Cons: In a game where LOTS of people sell at the end of the age, this race played with 15 points in TBG might be just too good. Putting your TBG goblins in clicks trickles will pay off, maybe a little too much. I dont like the idea of adding a race that encourages ''passive play'' (not doing anything the whole age except banking off the up boost/15%tbg and then sell)

Anyone who is planning to sell at the end of the age would be stupid to not play a 15%Tbg goblin. (apart from maybe 1 big orc per alliance)

Overall: I like the fact that we're trying something new but sadly it doesnt fit the current meta game. you shouldnt be able to multiply TBG with UP at all.

Suggestion: I think remove the UP multiplier and giving 20 bonus points would be better. Players could go 5/5/5/5 for ranking still go 20 TBG if they plan on selling without it being too good like it Is right now.

Suggestion 2: Change the whole thing and let players choose 3x 10% stats, exemple: I create an account, I get to choose 3 of the followings:10% SA,10% DA,10%spy and 10% sent

- Crazik

If it is OP then Rouen will fix it, but I think it will be fun, even though atm i plan on going elves :D

ShadowLord
22nd November 2011, 03:03 PM
Disregarding any power level arguments, the main design problem with Goblins right now is that there is absolutely no reason to use the "customizable" bonus on anything but TBG.

skiking
22nd November 2011, 04:15 PM
Disregarding any power level arguments, the main design problem with Goblins right now is that there is absolutely no reason to use the "customizable" bonus on anything but TBG.

sentry, with the other 10 bonus points you can get 25% sentry bonus :)

ShadowLord
22nd November 2011, 04:44 PM
sentry, with the other 10 bonus points you can get 25% sentry bonus :)

Join Dwarves
20% Sentry Bonus

skiking
22nd November 2011, 05:01 PM
but then you have to click more :(

rouen
22nd November 2011, 05:03 PM
Well I have to say that I envisioned goblins as having a few different purposes. For starters it would obviously make a great leech account if like you said Shadow someone decided to put everything into tbg. The other reason for the Goblin race is to give people that dont click an added bonus in TFF. For this reason I think it appeals to a different type of player and therefore the 15% selector bonus allows them to choose whatever they want it to be. Like Skiking said, if you want to be a slayer, put it in SA and then on top of the fort, siege, UP and skill bonuses you could potentially have a 25-30% SA bonus. Obviously that applies to any stat.

So I dont think that it is pointless to put it anywhere other then tbg, I think it will be a fun choice for anyone that decides to take that race. Like some others have put it since the introduction of the race, would you want to become a larger farm for everyone else if you arent an avid banker?

KaosKidd
23rd November 2011, 01:49 PM
Well I have to say that I envisioned goblins as having a few different purposes. For starters it would obviously make a great leech account if like you said Shadow someone decided to put everything into tbg. The other reason for the Goblin race is to give people that dont click an added bonus in TFF. For this reason I think it appeals to a different type of player and therefore the 15% selector bonus allows them to choose whatever they want it to be. Like Skiking said, if you want to be a slayer, put it in SA and then on top of the fort, siege, UP and skill bonuses you could potentially have a 25-30% SA bonus. Obviously that applies to any stat.

So I dont think that it is pointless to put it anywhere other then tbg, I think it will be a fun choice for anyone that decides to take that race. Like some others have put it since the introduction of the race, would you want to become a larger farm for everyone else if you arent an avid banker?

Just for the record, I'm loving it the new race...
Being an active clicker, and player, and under the proper management, a player without an CB giving commander or a larger alliance has a fighting chance against an alliance or someone with a bug up their {insert preferred orifice} about how or why you are playing. It doesn't quite offset the power behind the super sab accounts, but it does make it somewhat easier to combat them.

Valheru_Prince
28th November 2011, 05:45 AM
Humans 27 5%
Dwarves 35 7%
Elves 96 21%
Orcs 93 20%
Goblins 181 39%
Pixies 21 4%

Well goblins won the popularity contest. Let's see how they do this real age. I'd like to know what alliance has a goblin main but lots of movement still going on so hard to tell who is main :P

rouen
28th November 2011, 10:32 AM
Humans 27 5%
Dwarves 35 7%
Elves 96 21%
Orcs 93 20%
Goblins 181 39%
Pixies 21 4%

Well goblins won the popularity contest. Let's see how they do this real age. I'd like to know what alliance has a goblin main but lots of movement still going on so hard to tell who is main :P

Those are still beta numbers, the real numbers will update after limbo

Edit: Ok now your post stands true lol

Octo
29th November 2011, 11:54 AM
Humans 16 3%
Dwarves 33 8%
Elves 58 14%
Orcs 90 22%
Goblins 187 46%
Pixies 18 4%

This is kind of sad.

skiking
29th November 2011, 03:07 PM
lol, no other race can now compete with goblins for sov :P

and considering 70% of the game sells off, well yeah those numbers don't suprise me

however for some positive out look, I enjoy the new race :)

even though im one of the 8% not 46%

Jarrad-
30th November 2011, 04:29 AM
Elves ftw :)

R3volution1337
30th November 2011, 05:53 PM
elves FTW! but in all seriousness. Having a new "best" race is fine. Elves were most popular for the longest time. Its time to let a new race have a chance at #1. but best race is still dependant on your playing style

Valheru_Prince
2nd December 2011, 03:25 AM
Did anyone else expect a bonus on UP upgrades as well for goblins?

Instead of adding 3k getting 3.6k instantly on the upgrade (so with 20% bonus)?

Crazik
3rd December 2011, 10:28 AM
they are a tad too strong, maybe change it to 5% up 10 points or just tweak with these 2 numbers ;)

Valheru_Prince
3rd December 2011, 07:54 PM
Just wait till people start attacking and have all their UP. Goblins will fall behind...

Vrasp
3rd December 2011, 10:08 PM
I have a feeling the amount of people playing goblins will decrease next age, regardless of a change in their race bonus. . .

p.s. where are all the slayers to profit from everyone being goblins w/ +tbg?

Crazik
4th December 2011, 06:40 AM
I did farm alot of gold out of them. They make slaying fun, but it feels like even if I hit them alot, they still make way too much gold/soldiers pretty fast so it really doesnt slow them down that much

MajorDark
4th December 2011, 09:56 AM
The slayers right now are pretty bad, so goblins don't really have much to deal with. :D

R1DD1CK
5th December 2011, 08:38 AM
The slayers right now are pretty bad, so goblins don't really have much to deal with. :D

I'd re think your DA as I foresee A Ninja event is about to come up. I know your a nice guy but you annoyed a lot of ppl last age.

MajorDark
5th December 2011, 11:16 AM
God forbid I piss people off in a war game. I can take care of my account, thanks.