PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

kavallier
22nd November 2011, 03:13 AM
Just throwin' out a couple suggestions that i've had for a long time...

Attack Turns
Seeing as how the playerbase has shrunk over time maybe increase the amount of turns it takes for a full attack.
Possibly go back to 15 turns?
This will weed out the people that just blindly hit for shit left and right...

Repairs
We've had repairs on spy and sentry for a long time now but no real repairs on Strike or Defense.
The repairs on Strike in KoC actually served an important function, people had to actually think about how much they hit for.
The gold would need to cover mercs AND repairs and also turn a profit.

Also increasing repairs on Defense could give wars an extra dimension.
Instead of wars being mainly about sabbing and some farming, it could add effective masses on DA into the mix.
Offcourse masses would need to be a team-effort to have any effect.
Not anything like age 9 in KoC where people would buy a lil strike and just waited till they had 250 turns and burned them all on some poor smuck in a day...
The balance would probably be at a group of 10 to 15 people being able to give a decent repair bill...

Alliance Bonus
We all know the race bonusses but perhaps we could link a stat bonus to the alliance the player is in.
To emphasize what playstyle that specific alliance is leaning towards...
A sabbing/elven alliance could have a 5% bonus in spy...
A Slaying/Orc Alliance could have an extra 5% bonus in Strike...

I used to have quite a bit more ideas but i could never be arsed to write them down...Will add them in as soon as i think of them...

Bayern
22nd November 2011, 04:16 AM
ill make an alliance every time i need spy, and every time i need sa or sentry or da. just keep creating

kavallier
22nd November 2011, 04:19 AM
Good point, Possibly limit the amount of times you can change your alliance?
It would also promote loyalty... if say you could only change your alliance 3 times in an age...

rouen
22nd November 2011, 10:06 AM
Repairs
We've had repairs on spy and sentry for a long time now but no real repairs on Strike or Defense.
The repairs on Strike in KoC actually served an important function, people had to actually think about how much they hit for.

Instead of wars being mainly about sabbing and some farming, it could add effective masses on DA into the mix.
Not anything like age 9 in KoC where people would buy a lil strike and just waited till they had 250 turns and burned them all on some poor smuck in a day...
The balance would probably be at a group of 10 to 15 people being able to give a decent repair bill...

This is very interesting. Not that the other ideas werent but this idea in particular could be fun..

KaosKidd
22nd November 2011, 04:44 PM

Attack Turns
Seeing as how the playerbase has shrunk over time maybe increase the amount of turns it takes for a full attack.

I think this could work.

Repairs

I like this idea too.

Alliance Bonus
We all know the race bonusses but perhaps we could link a stat bonus to the alliance the player is in.

I used to have quite a bit more ideas but i could never be arsed to write them down...Will add them in as soon as i think of them...
This one is not so good an idea. Linking any stat to an alliance is going to offset the balances alliances achieve with varied players. If you promote a stat increase by linking a stat to that alliance, it will unbalance the play across the board because the alliance with the most players will dominate, without any means of being brought back into reality. To add to this is the play style the players will use because of the added stat. For example, an alliance that is nearly all sab (and there are a few of them) will dominate the playing field due due to this increase.

Anyway, just an opinion here.
KK

skiking
23rd November 2011, 08:14 PM
I like the increasing repairs to SA and DA weapons idea, seems very fun.

As to the making attack turns require 15...no 12 is perfect, 4 slays per day and i still feel low on turns when im a slayer :D

Octo
25th November 2011, 10:00 AM
@Attack turns

Less hits per day means hitting for more gold means letting farms hold longer = increasing chance they will bank = sucks for slayers. Don't make things worse. Turn cap should fix people hitting for shit.

Smitty
25th November 2011, 03:31 PM
I like the increasing repairs to SA and DA weapons idea, seems very fun.

As to the making attack turns require 15...no 12 is perfect, 4 slays per day and i still feel low on turns when im a slayer :D
Not so. Twelve turns would get you their gold, just not all of it. This way a player being hit could have a few gold bars to make repairs to his DA. It worked in KOC, should work here.

Blackaxe
25th November 2011, 03:36 PM
I kinda like the repairs and attack turns bit.

I guess the only way to make the alliance bonus work would be to limit the alliance bonus to once per age. As in once a player is in an alliance they can select to activate the bonus, but if they leave the alliance they lose the bonus and can't reactivate a new one. This would promote loyalty without restricting a player actually moving multiple times during an age. I think preventing people from changing alliances more than 2-3 times would be a bad idea.

RichOahu_ES
26th November 2011, 12:19 PM
/evil laugh

t0m and i loved the damage to DA back in KoC age 9...
careful of what you wish for ;-P

FallenOne
26th November 2011, 12:41 PM
there already are repairs in roc, granted they are small on DA/SA.
i remember in koc the point damage to the weapons would randomize.
so if a player probed someone (e.g 1bn SA to 50bn DA); they could cause a shit load of repair point damage; even more than someone who'd have like 60bn SA. This doesn't make sense; otherwise u can build say just 1bn SA and probe lots of people to potentially do more damage than someone who has way more SA. Ofc if it wasn't randomized and rather the SA was factored in then yes increased repair costs would be fair as they are virtually non-existent atm.

biglou250
27th November 2011, 06:30 PM
I remember back in Age 9 hitting for gold and having 50-75% of my hit go towards SA repairs. Then the whole ubergold's/rest of JD accounts getting raped. Those were the days... xD

But seriously, it would be cool if the damages were upped to add some spice into the SA/DA strategies.

meeker
28th November 2011, 01:52 AM
Carefull with this one, if you add damage to da make sure you can not have your da destroyed by ppl that dont even come close to your da in sa. (main reason i quit KOC that age, and yes i was JD that age).

Valheru_Prince
28th November 2011, 05:35 AM
Now why would I attack a target holding good gold and leave something behind? If I decide to attack I will hit and take all.... No point in deliberately hitting with 12 out of 15 turns :S

MaradoX-
28th November 2011, 07:52 AM
Not so. Twelve turns would get you their gold, just not all of it. This way a player being hit could have a few gold bars to make repairs to his DA. It worked in KOC, should work here.

It may have worked in KoC but I don't think this is a good idea in RoC.
You'd never know what you really hit for (as the gold hits are randomized between 60 and 100% I guess, depending on your tff difference), thus making the chance of being a good slayer (and to hit for good gold) a lot smaller.

fientelo
29th November 2011, 02:34 AM
Would love to add something, I dont know if its just me but I would really love the ability to see how much extra the bonuses do like f.x. u take all the 15% in beginning and put it in strike you will then see how much those 15% actually is? :p I dont know if theres already an "Add-On" for that but would love it, also for beginner tutorial maybe help them out on when is it worth upgrading your techs? :) I had some friends curious about that, I know it aint the most hardcore deal but maybe helpful for new people attending this game.

Also I'd like to point out I really like the idea of more damage to Strike and Defensive weps, tho I dont like the idea of going from 12 to 15 turns @ hit for max gold.
However some calculation might be needed in order to do such thing with the extra damage on def and strike, as we currently get all gold @12 turns maybe minimize it to 90-95% of their gold or whatever you guys calculate to be a true value so that you do not lose too much on simple farms, as I see this possible change as a war change. :)

CL_Reborn
20th January 2012, 01:12 PM
How about making sabotaged weapons onlyt worth 30 to 50 % of their original price? I am just tired of sabbing peoples weapons i know that they are banking and just going to sell in the end to help out someone else. If sabbed weapons were worth less than it would basically eliminate this, as well as, make the game a little more difficult and fun.

Vrasp
20th January 2012, 02:29 PM
How about making sabotaged weapons onlyt worth 30 to 50 % of their original price? I am just tired of sabbing peoples weapons i know that they are banking and just going to sell in the end to help out someone else. If sabbed weapons were worth less than it would basically eliminate this, as well as, make the game a little more difficult and fun.

Doing this would mean people would know exactly how many weapons to recycle, as those weapons would be worth less when they try to sell them. Unless, of course, you don't notify them that they'll have a reduced amount of gold after the transaction, in which case they'll complain when they recycle to try and get an upgrade and get their gold stolen because they didn't have enough because the game told them the wrong amount they'd end up with, or even if they just try to rebuy but had the wrong amount to buy filled in because the game. . .

biglou250
13th August 2012, 07:39 AM

Attack Turns

Repairs

Alliance Bonus

I still agree with this guy. Specifically the repairs part.

MajorDark
13th August 2012, 01:10 PM
My suggestion: 2.5 month long age.