PDA

View Full Version : New Events?

rouen
17th November 2011, 10:39 AM
Throw some ideas out here as I would love to add some new events to the game if you guys have some input into what may work out well.

AxEHeaD15
17th November 2011, 12:16 PM
I don't really pay much attention to the events.

Bayern
17th November 2011, 12:26 PM
Cotton overgrowth

ur night time sabbers have left to attend their jobs, you can not sab all night

Bayern
17th November 2011, 12:27 PM
Cotton overgrowth

ur night time sabbers have left to attend their jobs, you can not sab all night

Back_Breaker
17th November 2011, 06:25 PM
Take It/Don't Break IT!!!

All items sabbed are added to your armory.

ShadowLord
17th November 2011, 07:13 PM
^whoa

Click Frenzy - all clicks received produce 2 soldiers.
Barbarians - All casualties are increased by 100%

Overlord
17th November 2011, 09:27 PM
Update Hippies to not allow sabotage. Or have a event where you can't sab.
Credit to Nyx for the idea.

Checkman
18th November 2011, 06:02 AM
Whiteout or Blizzard - The whole battlefield, names, gold, army sizes = ???
and the reverse of that.....
Eagle Eyes or Hubble - All gold on the battlefield is visible to everyone

Accelerate - Application of Bonus Stats worth double
or
Accelerate 2 - In age speed round, if the Accelerate 2 event is 30 minutes, turns etc are every 5 mins or something rather than every 30

Free-train (instead of retrain :D) - Be able to shuffle the trained SA/DA/Spies/Sentries, could be for free, or chargeable

Strike it Lucky - Allow alliance members to upgrade each others siege / fort / covert etc at no cost to the receiving party

Strike it Even Luckier - Stats are all randomised - you could end up with anyones in the game for the event. Could be good for you, could be bad, you could limit it so that maybe only attacks could happen at this event, or anything goes. Probably best that you don't know who's account you have!!

Disorder - your own stats are muddled up, Strike becomes Sentry, Defense becomes Spy and so on

Fog on the Tyne - Anybody (person 1) who makes a hit on someone else (person 2), the gold goes to the person (person 3) who person 2 last hit

Trickle Stop - no upwards trickle within the chain for the period of the event

AxEHeaD15
18th November 2011, 12:05 PM

or
Accelerate 2 - In age speed round, if the Accelerate 2 event is 30 minutes, turns etc are every 5 mins or something rather than every 30

Free-train (instead of retrain :D) - Be able to shuffle the trained SA/DA/Spies/Sentries, could be for free, or chargeable

Strike it Lucky - Allow alliance members to upgrade each others siege / fort / covert etc at no cost to the receiving party

Strike it Even Luckier - Stats are all randomised - you could end up with anyones in the game for the event. Could be good for you, could be bad, you could limit it so that maybe only attacks could happen at this event, or anything goes. Probably best that you don't know who's account you have!!

Disorder - your own stats are muddled up, Strike becomes Sentry, Defense becomes Spy and so on

Fog on the Tyne - Anybody (person 1) who makes a hit on someone else (person 2), the gold goes to the person (person 3) who person 2 last hit

This dude has the most epic ideas ever. You are hired good sir.

-AxE

FallenOne
18th November 2011, 12:35 PM
double clicks would be nice.
also no sabs for a day.

or

and these i like. they're pretty balanced events that don't tip too much in a players favour.

retraining covs is also a good idea though that should cost i think otherwise it can get a bit too good.

with eagle eyes - obviously the sentry should still be real; so just because u can see their gold doesn't mean the recon is easy to get all the stats.

Vrasp
18th November 2011, 02:12 PM
Dislike, means no one will do anything on the battlefield during the event (unless they already lined up a hit from the previous turn or something)

upvoted.

sure, upvoted.

sure, upvoted.

free sa/da untrain, charge for spies/sentries?

meh, can already sell to another account and becomes useless at some point in the age (more or less).

seems..odd, kinda neat, but main accounts would bitch hardcore.

had a similar idea myself, but i think to muffle the complaints, you'd need to keep maybe 1/4 of your real stat, and 3/4 would come from a separate stat.

no one will attack during this event.

don't think events should have negative outcome personally.

rouen
18th November 2011, 05:28 PM
I appreciate all the feedback, I was drying up on ideas beyond the last few that were added in so throwing anything out there even if it didnt stay as it was in the original suggestion paves the way for other ideas.

retraining covs is also a good idea though that should cost i think otherwise it can get a bit too good.

I think we discussed this last age but came to the conclusion that it would be too overpowered unless the price was right. Its still something we talk over periodically though.

FallenOne
18th November 2011, 06:13 PM

i think it could be used if the BF were to randomise with the ranks (can that be done?) once the event was in effect.
that way you have to manually recon someone in that event. and there could be lots of gold sitting out there; it'll become luck.
but yeh it could be a huge annoyance that seriously wastes time to get all necessary data that people may skip it.

definite yes's are for

all gold visible, double clicks, no sabbing for a day.

these are very fair events in my opinion.

Crazik
19th November 2011, 09:13 AM
An event where you get CCS for slaying: ex: I hit a player for 100m during the event, I get 100m + 100ccs. 1 cc per mil gold. (it would get interesting on sells)
An event about religion or something: ex: you attack a player, instead of killing his troops, YOU CONVERT THEM and they now become YOUR soldiers instead of dying.(would really be insane for 5x1)

Overlord
19th November 2011, 08:06 PM
Lockout (2 days remaining) - It's an important public holiday, go have a life and forgot this game for a while!

skiking
19th November 2011, 11:36 PM
Lockout (2 days remaining) - It's an important public holiday, go have a life and forgot this game for a while!

great event

Bayern
20th November 2011, 02:24 AM
This life you speak of, who will be the provider during the event?

KaosKidd
20th November 2011, 02:25 PM
Take It/Don't Break IT!!!

All items sabbed are added to your armory.

This is an awesome idea!

Overlord
20th November 2011, 07:54 PM
This life you speak of, who will be the provider during the event?

The same provider of life at any event. Alcohol.

Bayern
21st November 2011, 01:53 AM
What about allah?

TheLoneSpirit
21st November 2011, 10:54 AM
Robbery!

All Spies can steal x% of gold per "Robbery" mission from the enemy.

This depends on the number of spies + the normal success:failure ratios in game

If successful then implement as a permanent in game feature?

Makes those HUGE defence guys with low sentry a bit vulnerable a few times during the age if they get "robbed" with spies

TheLoneSpirit
21st November 2011, 10:57 AM
Plague

If successful .xx% amount of Enemy soldiers get "killed" off the enemy

Ofcourse this would be a small percentage of the army to prevent a wipeout of TFF... (Subject to a maximum % which can be killed during each event perhaps?)

similar to sabbing by spies perhaps .. 10 attempts in an event and event not as often .. or maybe very often :P

kavallier
22nd November 2011, 03:49 AM
Don't really have suggestions for new events but i do have some comments about some existing events.

Cyanide
I remember all too well when sabturns were implemented because a certain admin didn't agree with rule and cata's playstyle...
While trying to cut down on randomsabbings with sabturns they introduced a cyanide event...
An event which sole purpose is to encourage randomsabbings... fuck logic...

I've personally never used cyanide out of principle. If you want to sab someone that bad, have the balls to sign those sabs with your name.
Don't hide behind an event... part of the game is that actions have consequences...

Size doesn't matter
With a Size event popping up every week and a half... it kind of takes away the importance of tff differences...
Either scrap the whole event or limit it to once an age or at best twice an age...
It doesn't take much effort to let your account sit and build up turns and then shit hit for what ever you can find and then sell it to somebody who's actually playing...
Where's the art in that?

Overlord
22nd November 2011, 04:26 AM
Don't really have suggestions for new events but i do have some comments about some existing events.

Cyanide
I remember all too well when sabturns were implemented because a certain admin didn't agree with rule and cata's playstyle...
While trying to cut down on randomsabbings with sabturns they introduced a cyanide event...

I've personally never used cyanide out of principle. If you want to sab someone that bad, have the balls to sign those sabs with your name.
Don't hide behind an event... part of the game is that actions have consequences...

Size doesn't matter
With a Size event popping up every week and a half... it kind of takes away the importance of tff differences...
Either scrap the whole event or limit it to once an age or at best twice an age...
It doesn't take much effort to let your account sit and build up turns and then shit hit for what ever you can find and then sell it to somebody who's actually playing...
Where's the art in that?

Sab turns were removed again. But if you think actions require consequences, then perhaps you'd like to group the Stealth Mode Go in there. However, I think both Cyanide and SMG should stay.
As for what you said about SDM, I agree.

kavallier
22nd November 2011, 04:35 AM
I didn't add in stealth mode go since it doesn't do near as much damage as Cyanide.
I've seen people who've gotten hit pretty hard during cyanide and i can imagine that it can be demotivating to them to suffer such huge damages and not even know who to send the thank you note to...

kjzaa
22nd November 2011, 05:57 AM

Cyanide

Size doesn't matter
Where's the art in that?

+1

Ninaelyan
22nd November 2011, 11:40 AM
I think more events should have downsides, especially the big ones. Something like x% chance to self-inflict damage = to target AAT in spy repairs on cyanide (whether you succeed or fail) SDM TFF no longer comes into play but all pillage is randomized between 85-100% SMG attacks are anonymous but casualty rates increase by 500% on the attacking army.

I also think we should be able to see a shorter degree into the event cycle. Instead of seeing events for the next 2 days maybe only the next event or 2. Force people to keep on their toes if they wanna hit the SDM event.

KaosKidd
22nd November 2011, 04:31 PM
I think more events should have downsides, especially the big ones. Something like x% chance to self-inflict damage = to target AAT in spy repairs on cyanide (whether you succeed or fail) SDM TFF no longer comes into play but all pillage is randomized between 85-100% SMG attacks are anonymous but casualty rates increase by 500% on the attacking army.

I also think we should be able to see a shorter degree into the event cycle. Instead of seeing events for the next 2 days maybe only the next event or 2. Force people to keep on their toes if they wanna hit the SDM event.
+1

rouen
22nd November 2011, 05:17 PM

Cyanide

Size doesn't matter
Where's the art in that?

Like it was said earlier the thought process has changed slightly since the sab turn era and so while I understand your point of not wanting to sab in an event like that, the rest is kind of invalid now.

You make a good point on SDM and so it is on the list of things to change. It will no longer come up with such frequency once the new age starts.

As far as Ninaelyans post, the events are there to encourage activity and I think if you start adding unnecessary negatives on too many of them people will just stop using them. Cyanides 100% loss of spies on a failed attempt does take a great toll if you are right on the edge of holding your weapons as it is, topped off with the damage you take to your spy from sabbing 20 or 30 people. I think most of the events we have in now come with built in consequences as a result of just the normal gameplay. Some of them absolutely need to come with a price but I think there are gambles in using a lot of them as it is.