PDA

View Full Version : IRC Rep

Gambino
26th September 2011, 05:39 PM
In an attempt to get more IRC activity so I'm not staring at joins and parts all day at work, I'll be making some scripts and channels that will be as anti-spam as possible, yet fun. This is the first (not counting the achievement script that was abused and removed).

Taking what I've seen and liked on GUA, I've written a script that will rep people in IRC. It's easy to use. This is Rep v1 atm. I am still making changes. If you have suggestions, please let me know!

Instructions:

1) See someone say something cool, smart, witty, helpful, etc...
2) PM Cortana !rep [persons name] [channel]. Example !rep M3J #roc
3) The person getting rep will receive a pm from Cortana. "Someone gave you rep for something you said in #roc. You now have (total amount of rep).

To see your own rep:

1) PM Cortana !myrep

To see someone elses rep:

1) PM Cortana !myrep name

Notes:

To prevent spam, after you give someone rep, you are required to wait 1 hour before you are able to give rep to another person.
Future versions will include the ability to neg rep someone. (Available to specific people like +v or higher or someone who has 20+ rep points.)
Rep will only be given to people in the same channel as Cortana.
There are no known bugs. If you find one, please report it.

Rep is a privilege and abuse will take that privilege away!
BUG FIXES AND CHANGES: 9/26/11 10:06pm

Nick Change Cooldown: Changing nicks will not get rid of your cool down, but it will reset your cool down to the full 1 hour.
Take Cooldown: Someone who receives rep will not be able to receive any more rep for 1 hour.
No channel requirement: Entering Channel is no longer needed. Rep only available in #ROC
Messages: You will now have the ability to add a message to rep.
OPS: No cooldown for Shiggity, Gambino, or rouen. Receive/ give rep freely.
NegRep: Users with 25+ rep points may !negrep a user. Same commands as !rep

Rep with message: !rep M3J derp
[21:47:08] <Cortana> Someone gave you rep with the message: derp .
[21:47:08] <Cortana> You now have 1

Rep without message: !rep M3J
[22:00:34] <Cortana> Someone added rep to you! Total rep for m3j is 12

NegRep with message: !negrep M3J Testing negrep
[22:15:43] <Cortana> Someone took away rep with the message: Testing negrep .
[22:15:43] <Cortana> You now have 11

NegRep without message: !negrep M3J
[22:16:01] <Cortana> Someone took away rep! Total rep for m3j is 10

__________________________________________________ ___________________
CHANGES: 9/27/2011 1:36pm

In an effort to involve more people, some changes have been made.

Join Rep: People will now have a 10% chance to gain 1 rep when joining #roc. Only obtainable once per 24 hours per person. Unannounced cooldown prevents spammers.
Talk Rep: Every line entered into #roc now has a 1% chance of being repped automatically. Only obtainable once per 24 hours per person. Unannounced cooldown prevents spammers from gaining rep.

The above changes MAY be temporary.

__________________________________________________ _______
CHANGES: 9/27/2011 9:25pm

Kicks: Kicks will now cost the person being kicked from #roc 1 rep point.
Messages: You will now receive a message when your rep is 25 points, notifying you that you are now eligible to give !negrep
Messages: You will now receive a message when you have given 25 points, notifying you that 2 points have been given to you for doing so.
Change Logs: The most recent changes will be bold. This will make them easier to navigate to.

__________________________________________________ _______
Changes: 9/30/11 11:54pm

Give rep: Now monitoring how much rep is given. If a user reps 25 people, the user gets +5 rep.
var/ini: Script now saves to an ini instead of a var which will ease future script interaction with rep
Opt Out: Users who wish to stop getting notices from Cortana can !opt out. By opting out, you continue to gain/lose rep, you just do not get notified. You can still check your rep by pm'ing Cortana !myrep. You can still give/take rep and WILL see the confirmation notice when you do.

Rep has been completely re-scripted implementing the ini, if there are any bugs, please contact me ASAP.

CyberPunk
26th September 2011, 08:59 PM
does this thing come with rep stats? like who has the most or who has given the most reps, etc?

Gambino
26th September 2011, 09:41 PM
No. But you may manually check rep by using !myrep or !myrep nick. I weighed the options and left out a "top rep" on purpose.

AxEHeaD15
27th September 2011, 11:09 AM
Nifty idea Gamby!

Gambino
27th September 2011, 12:02 PM
Updated, please read changelogs.

Gambino
1st October 2011, 08:40 AM
I'm undecided on the next update and whether I want to include it.

If you have over (X) amount of rep, you get a rank and an entry message. Example:

Nara has 20 rep, she is a Corporal

[10:37:47] * Nara (Nara@86753.09.867.5309) has joined #roc
[10:37:50] <&Cortana> Nara- Rank Corporal: [Optional user message]

AxEHeaD15
3rd October 2011, 11:46 AM
I like it :p

Octo
6th October 2011, 02:17 PM
I think it's a shame people skip part one and just randomly rep or negrep if they feel like it. Is there any way to prevent this?

CyberPunk
7th October 2011, 10:48 PM
it would be too much effort to have reps be "approved"

R1DD1CK
15th October 2011, 09:12 AM
onnecting...
[16:12] Unable to connect : java.net.SocketException : Network is unreachable: connect

Is their another way to connect as this is becoming quite annoying!

xshintenshix
19th October 2011, 12:32 AM
nice idea gamby: but it will probably be people within alliances !repping their buddies every hour.