View Full Version : msn problem

28th December 2004, 06:31 AM
of course those bitches from msn dont know what the fuck is wrong, so i'll ask here.

Whenever I start up msn and log in, nothing is wrong yet. However, when I want to talk to someone (open the chat screen), msn freezes. then shuts down. No error, nothing. It just goes away for no reason. (this has been going on for 2 days).

HOWEVER, my mom ALSO uses msn, and she has no problems whatsoever. So either my account is seriously fucked up, or someone hacked it (I heared its possible to hack an account with a program, the program starts working the moment you insert your pass)

Any ideas/suggestions/suicidal thoughts ?

28th December 2004, 09:15 AM
Did you try to download 7.0 Beta, because there has been a time that this wasn't suppose to be downed. Those people chould have problems now, maybe try to download it again and reinstal it.

I hope for you that that fixes the problem.

28th December 2004, 12:40 PM
What Windows version do you have there? What MSN version? If Windows XP, then are you in a different windows profile then your mom or just a different MSN account?

MSN version can be found when signed in under help and settings/ about MSN under newer msn versions.

Which "Chat screen"? Are you refering to the MSN messenger or a chat program at a website or IRC or what? I'd really need more info to help you pin down just what is going wrong.

28th December 2004, 02:11 PM
Here are a few questions for you

1.) What Windows version are you running? Which is your mom running?

2.) Do you have parental controls? What kind of protection does your computer have (McCafee, Norton, Vshield, etc)?

3.) When did this start? Have you downloaded anything since it started? Was your computer acting funny when it began doing this (Pop ups, running slow, weird messages, etc)?

If you suspect a hacker, try getting a firewall or some kind of security program to prevent these things from entering your computer. If nothing works, you can always put in the recovery disk. This will delete any files that don't originally belong in the computer and restore the ones that you had previously.

28th December 2004, 06:05 PM
never mind. I just reformatted my pc (three times in a ROW because the first 2 fucked up o.O; im good). And it seems now its working properly again. well........for a win98 computer I guess