View Full Version : SMF Forum

Van Dobben
27th December 2004, 03:48 AM
I am currently trying to set up a SMF Forum with a Mk portal. Fantastico succesfully installed the forum, and I managed to install the portal. There is one problem however. When I want the forum to load inside the portal I should replace some code, but when I do that I get this:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/frear/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 1594

Whatever I try, I can't get it too work. Does anybody of you have a clue to what could be the problem?

30th December 2004, 10:48 PM
IN not sure but 10000 to one says you can get your answere at

Van Dobben
1st January 2005, 09:37 AM
I already tried that, they simply didn't reply to my post in the support forum.

2nd January 2005, 01:07 AM
ok "T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING" usually means that there is a semicolon (;) missing Id suggest opening your subs file in a text editor that numbers the lines for you (cute ftp does this and I think dream weaver as well other wise run to sourceforge and grab something. anyway make your way to like 1594 and examine the code you can probably pick up a pattern in the surrounding code that would tell you where it was needed and simply add the semicolon back if that doesnt work try a comma (,)

2nd January 2005, 11:18 AM
I know this is sa double post but I wanted it to be back at the top to show that htere was a new post in stead of an edit being lost at the bottom of a page wiht out attention)

here is the solution that was given to me by someone with the same exact problam

I was having the same problem. The code just
needs to be copied from a text editor and pasted
into subs.php using a text editor. Any other
program will scramble the code and it won't work.

Van Dobben
2nd January 2005, 12:12 PM
Hmm. That was a helpful tip. When using wordpad instead of dreamweaver, it did work. Now my next question, how come dreamweaver f#cks it up and wordpad doesnt?