PDA

View Full Version : WTF... what happened to...

Trekie4ever
25th April 2011, 11:21 AM
Wow... so I've been TRYING TO play this game again after taking an extended leave of absence. Who's idea was it to frick up the battlefield with those dumb scripts? Click the name and a mini stat page comes up? Slaying is ridiculous esp since (without NoScript) it's nearly impossible to open tabs and line up a string of attacks on the battlefield especially since you gotta press "attack" twice for every person past the most recent attack page.

The " XXXX Now" is a great idea, but most of the times, I feel it's better to just go to the attack page. And why is it that sometimes when I hit "XXXX Now" it completes the said task and others it takes me to the attack page. I noticed in the address bar that sometimes the stat ID will be there (which leads to action taking place) and sometimes it won't (which leads to the attack page.) Little quarks like that are just strange to me. Maybe an "Attack Page" button for those of us who like checking our stats before we attack?

The plethora of attack turns are great :-) 200+ attack in about a week :-D

Gold stolen % still suck. I've given up on fighting for this simple change. It is probably the single most annoying thing in the game. Most of the reason why I left. I avg 68% stolen on a good day and taking repairs into account knock it down to about 64% stolen. A number like... 80% should be the new minimum, keep repairs the same, and avg should be 88% stolen with a cap at 95% so everyone has mula for repairs.

Hmmm... what else has never been fixed (or broken since Age 8).... clicking. It's awful without a recruiter. Absolutely terrible. And it's not the letters instead of numbers because I have a laptop without a number pad and I can type pretty fast. It's how it isn't streamlined at all, but I doubt that will get fixed since recruiters exist. I was simply considering the resources it takes for the page to completely reload on every input.

Oh! And what's up with the auto log off when just cruising around pages?? I couldn't go 10 pages on the battlefield without loggin off. And the address bar doesn't keep track of where you are.

tiger45
25th April 2011, 01:38 PM
Welcome to Kings of Chaos.

~tiger45.

MarriedToTheMob
25th April 2011, 09:58 PM
Wow... so I've been TRYING TO play this game again after taking an extended leave of absence. Who's idea was it to frick up the battlefield with those dumb scripts? Click the name and a mini stat page comes up? Slaying is ridiculous esp since (without NoScript) it's nearly impossible to open tabs and line up a string of attacks on the battlefield especially since you gotta press "attack" twice for every person past the most recent attack page.

The " XXXX Now" is a great idea, but most of the times, I feel it's better to just go to the attack page. And why is it that sometimes when I hit "XXXX Now" it completes the said task and others it takes me to the attack page. I noticed in the address bar that sometimes the stat ID will be there (which leads to action taking place) and sometimes it won't (which leads to the attack page.) Little quarks like that are just strange to me. Maybe an "Attack Page" button for those of us who like checking our stats before we attack?

The plethora of attack turns are great :-) 200+ attack in about a week :-D

Gold stolen % still suck. I've given up on fighting for this simple change. It is probably the single most annoying thing in the game. Most of the reason why I left. I avg 68% stolen on a good day and taking repairs into account knock it down to about 64% stolen. A number like... 80% should be the new minimum, keep repairs the same, and avg should be 88% stolen with a cap at 95% so everyone has mula for repairs.

Hmmm... what else has never been fixed (or broken since Age 8).... clicking. It's awful without a recruiter. Absolutely terrible. And it's not the letters instead of numbers because I have a laptop without a number pad and I can type pretty fast. It's how it isn't streamlined at all, but I doubt that will get fixed since recruiters exist. I was simply considering the resources it takes for the page to completely reload on every input.

Oh! And what's up with the auto log off when just cruising around pages?? I couldn't go 10 pages on the battlefield without loggin off. And the address bar doesn't keep track of where you are.

Welcome back.

I agree most of the javascript "enhancements" are more of an annoyance. I wouldn't recommend using the "XXXX Now" options. When reconning for people I Right Click > New Tab so I don't lose my spot in the battlefield (because as you mentioned, the address bar does not keep track of it).

I'm pretty sure that most of the bugs you mentioned on the attack page (such as being logged out frequently) are actually to prevent gold scanners and things like that.

Jarrad-
26th April 2011, 08:13 AM
Welcome back :)

ZAR
26th April 2011, 10:47 AM
Welcome back, I remember you :)

Trekie4ever
28th April 2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the WB's... Playing KoC again makes me remember why I switched to RoC only...

So I've been getting a good 57% gold stolen per attack now :frusty:

WTF!! BAH!! It must be a conspiracy against me since I'm complaining.

Mudvayne
28th April 2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the WB's... Playing KoC again makes me remember why I switched to RoC only...

So I've been getting a good 57% gold stolen per attack now :frusty:

WTF!! BAH!! It must be a conspiracy against me since I'm complaining.

I had the same problem earlier in the age with my officer, he just started playing about 2 months ago and even though every TFF was a good bit bigger than his he constantly got 50% steals. Eventually it worked itself out and then steals percents are now what they should be (relatively speaking) but it just took a little while.

Vivlady_
28th April 2011, 08:47 PM
lol Trekki, they even have so called Rules :P go figure haha

Lord_Ezek
29th April 2011, 02:51 AM
hi viv and trekkie

nice to have you post here viv

Vivlady_
1st May 2011, 06:02 AM
hi Ezek :)