PDA

View Full Version : Elf Dominance

onfire
22nd February 2011, 02:42 AM
If you look at the stats page you will see elves are 45% of the Battlefield.

Obviously this needs to be looked at to ensure as close to perfect 25% balance for each race.

I dont know who likes a game where one race is simply overpowered.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Gambino
22nd February 2011, 07:10 AM
This has been looked into, and there is a major overhaul in race bonuses in the upcoming age. Will make people (such as myself) who have played 1 race for 6 ages, rethink choosing a race. Will also change playing styles.

onfire
22nd February 2011, 07:46 AM
great stuff,

not been back too long so still catching up, glad to hear its being changed though!

Haaky
22nd February 2011, 10:59 AM
maybe you should give dwarves a boost,
only 8% play dwarves.

OutlawDragon
22nd February 2011, 02:41 PM
If you look at the stats page you will see elves are 45% of the Battlefield.

Obviously this needs to be looked at to ensure as close to perfect 25% balance for each race.

I dont know who likes a game where one race is simply overpowered.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Don't nerf elves.. give other races more bonus's to encourage people to try those instead of discouraging people to play elves.

Octo
22nd February 2011, 04:24 PM
only 8% play dwarves.

I think the "DA ca be repaired instead of being broken after sabs" is a very big boost for dwarves.

onfire
23rd February 2011, 02:38 AM
I would say Orcs build attack turns quicker, because we always find the top 10 DA beats the top 1 SA every age. I dont think anyone should be untouchable, so perhaps more attack turns for Orcs enables them to keep up with the massive amount of TBG the main accounts have.

I think elves should be nerfed slightly, as 40% on covert = 80% for both. Yes you cant use that to gain gold or keep gold but you can use it to damage billions of gold from others.

Nobody plays dwarves because unless your a main someone body will be able to break you so its pretty pointless being Dwarves. Perhaps Dwarves can have less damage to DA weapons when being sabotaged, like 50% less?

Humans perhaps UP is 50% less to purchase? Would give a slight advantage in the earlier days I guess.

Just a couple of thoughts

Vrasp
23rd February 2011, 03:30 AM
I would say Orcs build attack turns quicker, because we always find the top 10 DA beats the top 1 SA every age. I dont think anyone should be untouchable, so perhaps more attack turns for Orcs enables them to keep up with the massive amount of TBG the main accounts have.

I think elves should be nerfed slightly, as 40% on covert = 80% for both. Yes you cant use that to gain gold or keep gold but you can use it to damage billions of gold from others.

Nobody plays dwarves because unless your a main someone body will be able to break you so its pretty pointless being Dwarves. Perhaps Dwarves can have less damage to DA weapons when being sabotaged, like 50% less?

Humans perhaps UP is 50% less to purchase? Would give a slight advantage in the earlier days I guess.

Just a couple of thoughts

SA values on average are much higher than DA values.

40% covert = 20% to each.

Correct, SA values are higher than DA values on average, why should Orcs get more attack turns?

cavalier5
23rd February 2011, 08:19 AM
SA values on average are much higher than DA values.

40% covert = 20% to each.

Correct, SA values are higher than DA values on average, why should Orcs get more attack turns?

they shouldnt, if orcs want to click and get a good slaying account like overlord then they can. Half off for unit production upgrades does sound like a good idea for humans. They need an advantage earlier on when everyone noob hits them. Plus they make some of the biggest farms in roc. They do need a boost, not very many top human accounts.

Octo
23rd February 2011, 04:33 PM
The whole point of SA being higher than DA on average is because DA can be sabbed 5x as easy. Fix that and you get a more balanced game.

Vrasp
23rd February 2011, 06:24 PM
The whole point of SA being higher than DA on average is because DA can be sabbed 5x as easy. Fix that and you get a more balanced game.

Indeed. Luckily, it's on the list of changes

colleca
24th February 2011, 02:23 AM
only 8% play dwarves.

I agree. Hopefully more people will play dwarves after race updates.

Octo
24th February 2011, 04:44 PM
I agree. Hopefully more people will play dwarves after race updates.Did you even read the rest of the topic?

colleca
25th February 2011, 10:33 AM
Did you even read the rest of the topic?

Nope, I get a gist of things and move on. Gambino's post only one really need to read, the rest just speculation.