PDA

View Full Version : Starting An Account Mid-age

OutlawDragon
7th February 2011, 11:34 PM
Very rarely do new players try the game out right when an age starts. And right now they just start out with 80 men and 1m gold like everyone does at the beginning of the age. Now I think that turns some people off I mean they can scroll through the BF and see people with way larger armies and get discouraged. Not to mention you can't do anything with 1M in gold and no TBG. I think it would make the game more interesting and "hook" more players if you start out with a little bit more more later in the age.

It would help newer players get into the game instead of the first thing they have to do when they start playing is click a whole bunch. Now I also think that when you get like 6-8 weeks into an age when people start an account they should start with a bit more.. like 20-30k tff and maybe even a few UP upgrades. Maybe have some kind of scale like starting 3-4 weeks into an age you get 2.5k TFF and 1 UP upgrade (up to the 3k one) for every week into the age it is.

Also I think it would help the game get going faster if we started the age with a bit more. Now we can't have people start out with like 100M or more turns because that would get abused but I was thinking maybe 5k TFF at the beginning of an age. It wouldn't give anyone an advantage because everyone would start with it and it would speed up the beginning of the age when it is really hard to click anyway. It would let people get into building their type of account right away.

colleca
7th February 2011, 11:46 PM
I remember a game (im not sure if it was this one) where u started the game with the same number of ingame turns as people who had been playing since the start.

I dont think people should get the SAME amount of turns, but maybe 60-70%? Attacking is the most fun part of the game in my opinion and this would let people do that without impacting the top 20 ranks or so of the game.

OutlawDragon
7th February 2011, 11:57 PM
I remember a game (im not sure if it was this one) where u started the game with the same number of ingame turns as people who had been playing since the start.

I dont think people should get the SAME amount of turns, but maybe 60-70%? Attacking is the most fun part of the game in my opinion and this would let people do that without impacting the top 20 ranks or so of the game.

I can see people creating an account using the 800? turns they'd get selling off and doing it again over and over.

Vrasp
7th February 2011, 11:59 PM

So incredibly abusable. Burn turns -> sell off -> make new account -> repeat.

Still pondering ways to make such a suggestion work.

colleca
8th February 2011, 12:11 AM
So incredibly abusable. Burn turns -> sell off -> make new account -> repeat.

Still pondering ways to make such a suggestion work.

Yea, which is why mod intervention would be necessery. But, it would be more fun for new users I think. more attacking=more fun.

Vrasp
8th February 2011, 04:53 AM
Yea, which is why mod intervention would be necessery. But, it would be more fun for new users I think. more attacking=more fun.

Any system that requires constant moderator supervision is bad and won't work.

Ninaelyan
8th February 2011, 05:35 AM
Raising the initial turns as the age goes on wouldn't lead to big time abuse as long as it's something more reasonable (maybe 120-150 turns). If you are talking about 10ish attacks, you could maybe pull a sell value of 1.5-2 billion starting from scratch but then you are limited by TFF as to who you can sell to and you have to start from scratch on SA each time you start over. I wouldn't say anything over 250, but under that you limit the biggest abusers significantly. If you go up to 250 turns or so maybe put a one time 3-4 day downtime on resetting/deleting account once a certain number of "noob turns" are used. Problem solved.

Gambino
8th February 2011, 07:59 AM
I could only think of 2 ways to do this, both kind of extreme.

1) Turns are doubled. Either 1 turn every 15 minutes, or 2 turns every 30 minutes. Capped at (x) amount of turns as long as beginner mode is on. Once beginner mode is off, (stats reach certain level) the turns come normal and possibly lose (x) amount of turns over a predetermined amount.

Example:I'm new and have been getting turns every 15 minutes for 2 days now. I have 1,475 turns. My stats have taken me out of beginner mode. My turns automatically drop to 800 (or whatever number is deemed fit).

Con: Everyone on the BF will be getting hit by noobs with crazy turns.

2) While in beginner mode, you start with a ridiculous amount of turns, but when you attack, you steal 60% less than a normal player. Once out of beginner mode, you lose any turns over 800 (or whatever number is deemed fit).

Con: New players may attack you 2+ times in a row.

There are still other cons to each of these though. This still leaves open the possibility of duplicate accounts, just makes it harder to justify ones thought process when deciding to do so. And I totally agree with

If you play RoC, your account has been looked at more than once, I assure you! Although staff checks every new account everyday, some people would go through great extremes and risks just to get that extra 1b :/

Octo
8th February 2011, 01:07 PM
I dont think turns is so much of a problem, just let them start with 100 turns after the age has been going on for 2 weeks. And give them a little more tff as the age goes on. It's the low tff/tbg/starting gold thats a killer.

FallenOne
8th February 2011, 06:08 PM
what's wrong with the turns now?
just conserve them.
also no point in giving any more stuff at beginning of age cos it just unnecessarily bloats figures. and clickers aren't great to start with anyway so if you start like a few weeks late you can still get by as long as you hit the UP's early and you will with the bigger steals mid-age as there are always farms. have to commit to clicking a lot too.
but all-in-all i have no complaints with the game, everything i wanted in koc it has fixed over here.

weaker sabbing ( very hard to perfect so always debatable)
still can steal slightly smaller tff's
100% steals on larger tff's
all weapons/tools have a point to their use
25 spies is usuable and not a gimmick
sabs are calculated for you
upgrades calculate added action
MUCH better clicking, pretty much instant and numbers
less captchas
balanced losses
events
better messaging services
tells you max of each weapon, and gold costs and left over.

massive improvement imo. dunno how koc is now though.
some of those above may be in koc.

Da_D_Master
9th February 2011, 03:53 AM
Personally, I'm all for some form of bonus for new players who join late. I don't think the bonuses should be big, but just enough to give late joiners a bit of help to be able to compete with at least the lower ranking "active" players given they're dedicated enough.

Suggestion:
Each week each of the following gets increased until a certain value is reached
TFF doubles until it hits 10k-30k?
increase turns by 25 until it reaches 250?
double starting gold until it reaches 100mill?

By limiting the max it helps stop it being abusable later in the age when selloffs become important and still gives late joiners a semi-decent account to mess around with.

I'm not sure I agree with handing out free upgrades, as some players may not want UP for w/e reason (help keep their TFF low?).

colleca
9th February 2011, 07:32 AM

constant? how many cheaters u think there are in RoC!? id put it at 1 in every 50 or so attempts to cheat (and gets caught). Id say its well attributed to people like Gambino and rouen that have majorly cleaned up this game.

I think 60% is drastic, but i think a lower percentage would work for my idea. Then again, gambino's idea for noob mode=more turns is a good one. Anything to get people playing other then day 1 and realize they kind of like the game.

Vrasp
9th February 2011, 03:25 PM
constant? how many cheaters u think there are in RoC!? id put it at 1 in every 50 or so attempts to cheat (and gets caught). Id say its well attributed to people like Gambino and rouen that have majorly cleaned up this game.

I think if there's an easy way to cheat, people will do it.

Gambino
9th February 2011, 05:17 PM

I think that's my first public compliment ever! /High five! But please don't forget Shiggity! She's a quiet killer and does a lot!

Carnage
11th February 2011, 01:51 AM
How about a catchup mode.

essentially:

- Turns come in more often
- UP comes in more often
- Upgrades are cheaper (maybe weapons as well, but that is dangerous)
- Some bonus to clicking

This mode would last proportionally to how long has passed in the age since sign-up; players resetting would gain a much lesser bonus than newly registered accounts.

kjzaa
11th February 2011, 04:45 AM
How about a catchup mode.

essentially:

- Turns come in more often
- UP comes in more often
- Upgrades are cheaper (maybe weapons as well, but that is dangerous)
- Some bonus to clicking (as long as the comanders don't gain from this bonus!)

This mode would last proportionally to how long has passed in the age since sign-up; players resetting would gain a much lesser bonus than newly registered accounts.

I think it would work as long as it only came into effect after the age has been running for a certain amount of time, say a month!

onfire
22nd February 2011, 03:13 AM
I started 5 weeks late and already have top #25 SA and 900 turns left

didnt have much of an issue

Gambino
22nd February 2011, 08:02 AM
I started 5 weeks late and already have top #25 SA and 900 turns left
didnt have much of an issue

Because of this, I think a time limit can be powered. Once stats reach a certain rank. Same way noob mode is set up.

onfire-You have a few post with good suggestions, all of your suggestions have been previously talked about/ done in the upcoming age. Can't give you more rep, but someone rep this man/woman!

cavalier5
22nd February 2011, 08:09 AM
Because of this, I think a time limit can be powered. Once stats reach a certain rank. Same way noob mode is set up.

onfire-You have a few post with good suggestions, all of your suggestions have been previously talked about/ done in the upcoming age. Can't give you more rep, but someone rep this man/woman!

done :)

onfire
22nd February 2011, 08:45 AM
cheers ;)

man btw :)

cavalier5
22nd February 2011, 09:06 AM
cheers ;)

women btw :)
kk

Mormon_Matt
10th March 2011, 06:31 PM
Just a note to the first post: I wouldn't give any UP upgrades to new players, even if it's late in the game. Games should account for massive armies hitting on little ones (new players). Some people might consider it an advantage to keep to the minimum army to maximize that adjustment.

Strago
10th May 2011, 04:20 PM
I joined April 29th, so I'm one of those 'mid-age' players. I don't think we should start with a bonus. On the first round, the main thing we should be doing is just learning how to play, so hopefully, by the time the round ends, we will of graduated from n00bie University. Now, if the round lasted a looong time, like six months...or longer...or especially, if the game was never reset, then it might be a good idea if you got a bonus if the game had been going on for at least a few months.