PDA

View Full Version : Make Events Longer?

Deserted
5th February 2011, 08:57 AM
I like the idea of the events but cant help feeling they could be a little bit longer, currently they may only last one turn so things like +30% Gold seems pointless. Wouldn't it be good if they last a few hours? No science has gone in to this but they could be random of between 1 hour and 6 hours?

It saves having the mad rushes of SDM, Sab Event (Cant remember the name!), people can then plan them better and maybe have more of a chance of using them (with work/school/sleep getting in the way).

You could even go as far as RoT and have an event of some sort running all the time?

Let the flaming begin....

MaradoX-
5th February 2011, 09:05 AM
I'd say don't make the length of SDM longer. It's taking a bit fun out of the event according to me...

cavalier5
5th February 2011, 12:41 PM
make sdm longer, makes it easier on peoples schedules

Vrasp
5th February 2011, 12:44 PM
I'd rather have them last the same length of time, but occur more often than one per 12-15 hours or whatever.

Deserted
5th February 2011, 01:56 PM
I'd rather have them last the same length of time, but occur more often than one per 12-15 hours or whatever.

That works too :)

Taking that a step further, is having a events continuously too much though? i.e. always an event but a different one every hour(ish)

Vrasp
5th February 2011, 05:54 PM
That works too :)

Taking that a step further, is having a events continuously too much though? i.e. always an event but a different one every hour(ish)

I'd be down with that personally, Slow News Day would come up often enough anyhow. I guess the one benefit of the current system is that you can plan for Size Doesn't Matter / Cyanide better, when they come around.

Octo
7th February 2011, 03:54 PM
You also dont want SDM or cyanide events every few days, so if events would occur more regularly, the chance of getting SDM/cyanide should be lowered.

Overlord
7th February 2011, 09:34 PM
You also dont want SDM or cyanide events every few days, so if events would occur more regularly, the chance of getting SDM/cyanide should be lowered.

I think the one-week cooldown they're on would keep that under control...
But other wise, yeah events are fun, having them occur more often/last longer would be good.

Octo
22nd February 2011, 04:51 PM
Events which increase sentry seem rather pointless, by the way... It's not like its super effective vs recons and you'd be retarded to sab during a sentry event.

Octo
16th April 2011, 03:04 AM
How about changing Oh Baby into one additional UP instantly as affect?

onfire
17th April 2011, 03:26 PM
U agree make certain events up to 6 hours like the gold rush one, SDM should defo keep as 1 hour, what about an eye spy event where you can see everyones gold for 1 hour, that should sort out the elves who hide behind SE

Vrasp
17th April 2011, 08:31 PM
U agree make certain events up to 6 hours like the gold rush one, SDM should defo keep as 1 hour, what about an eye spy event where you can see everyones gold for 1 hour, that should sort out the elves who hide behind SE

I kind of like the idea about the "eye spy" event, but would you reaaaaaally want 6 hours of large TFF accounts getting a 30% TBG boost?

Jarrad-
18th April 2011, 02:38 PM
Instead of 6 hours of 30% tbg boost, why not remove the 30% boost and just have double tbg during "gold rush"?

Number1Prospect
18th April 2011, 07:34 PM
So you want to give the bigger accounts even more gold?

I think 30% is more than enough.

Double TBG would be too much.

Jarrad-
19th April 2011, 03:28 AM
So you want to give the bigger accounts even more gold?

I think 30% is more than enough.

Double TBG would be too much.

It would also benefit slayers as people may have an extra turn of gold that they wouldnt usually hold.

Number1Prospect
19th April 2011, 08:41 AM
The slayers would have to be faster than the bankers, and good bankers would wake up to bank that extra gold, and by good bankers i mean people with a fairly decent TFF that they got with clicking.

The mains that are already pretty much in-hittable would get too far ahead from this.

Jarrad-
19th April 2011, 12:34 PM
The slayers would have to be faster than the bankers, and good bankers would wake up to bank that extra gold, and by good bankers i mean people with a fairly decent TFF that they got with clicking.

The mains that are already pretty much in-hittable would get too far ahead from this.

Too far ahead? most people will benefit from it, its not like it will last for hours as most events last only about an hour. Main accounts benefit from the extra 30% which is currently in-place, so do slayers. IMO there wont be much of a difference.

FallenOne
30th April 2011, 02:01 PM
ispy event cool idea.
shouldn't be allowed to recon the big accounts though, just see gold otherwise it's too overpowered.

Pitman
23rd May 2011, 06:55 PM
Off topic but are the Cyanide and SDM events always to the convenience of Americans? Always seems to be at like 2-3am UK time.
Hardly fair is it?
If so maybe you should change it for Age 8?... even though I wont be playing :)

andyt683
24th May 2011, 12:30 AM
Off topic but are the Cyanide and SDM events always to the convenience of Americans? Always seems to be at like 2-3am UK time.
Hardly fair is it?
If so maybe you should change it for Age 8?... even though I wont be playing :)

When I left it, it was random. Changing it to be less random is not a good thing.

You may also be a victim of a confirmation bias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias), and simply choose not to remember the events that hit for the UK.

Pitman
24th May 2011, 04:44 AM
When I left it, it was random. Changing it to be less random is not a good thing.

You may also be a victim of a confirmation bias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias), and simply choose not to remember the events that hit for the UK.

Hmm yeah I may have that as I cant even remember one being good for UK time :p
But I can recall lots that have been in the middle of the night and good for the yanks.