PDA

View Full Version : Clicking Improvement

OutlawDragon
27th January 2011, 02:39 PM
Everyone knows clicking is boring and it sucks to sit there and type numbers into a computer all day. And think about new players. They come and start to play then they find out the only way they can be any good at this game is if they sit and punch numbers on a keybored for hours on end. I think that loses us alot of players that would otherwise stay if there was a better way to gain men.

So my idea is for a second way to gain click credits. I think we have to leave clicking the way it is as an option but there should be another way to gain credits. Now I don't think you should be able to gain as many as if you click regualarly but it should be a decent option.

We could use something like http://www.addictinggames.com/helicopter.html and just give credits based on how far you get. The rate being somewhere around 5k credits an hour if you are good at it. This is something that is much more fun and it would give more people a chance to play competitivly. I think it would also really help increase the game size.. because only like 1 in 10000 people is going to want to keep playing a game where you have to click numbers all day to be good at it.

RiChardge
27th January 2011, 03:12 PM
http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html

Robot unicorn attack.

Octo
27th January 2011, 03:13 PM
How about shooting iPhones?

Ninaelyan
27th January 2011, 03:46 PM
So my idea is for a second way to gain click credits. I think we have to leave clicking the way it is as an option but there should be another way to gain credits. Now I don't think you should be able to gain as many as if you click regualarly but it should be a decent option.

You can gain 30k a day through Unit Production. We are more then 1 month into the age now and the top 20 clickers are around 500k, 500k/30 = 16,666 clicks per day. So 20ish people in the game are clicking more then that. Doesn't seem like a huge advantage for the time given. You can be pretty decent without clicking I suppose. A half decent clicker can do 16k a day in an hour and a half. Guess if you don't wanna spend an hour and half a day clicking you can have a decent account buying UP early.

Octo
27th January 2011, 04:13 PM
I think its more that people are willing to spend time with playing roc, but not boring-as-fuck clicking, so if they could gain less clicks with something addicting/more fun, they would do so. I'm probably one of them.

Jarrad-
27th January 2011, 06:04 PM
I think its more that people are willing to spend time with playing roc, but not boring-as-fuck clicking, so if they could gain less clicks with something addicting/more fun, they would do so. I'm probably one of them.

Me to, I can sit here and play copter to gain clicks, clicking sucks balls!

Bayern
28th January 2011, 01:58 AM
I hear that it is really easy to cheat on java/flash games

iAreWinrar
28th January 2011, 04:00 AM
I hear that it is really easy to cheat on java/flash games

this.

kissy_clare
28th January 2011, 10:57 AM
I think the recruiter should be tied in with Windows 7 speech recognition. Think how much faster it would be (and easier on your poor typing hand) if you could just say the number.

Octo
28th January 2011, 04:10 PM
I think the recruiter should be tied in with Windows 7 speech recognition. Think how much faster it would be (and easier on your poor typing hand) if you could just say the number.
Naw, that would be totally screwed up. Plus, my roommates will think I'm going mad.

kissy_clare
28th January 2011, 05:08 PM
Naw, that would be totally screwed up. Plus, my roommates will think I'm going mad.

Thats what I thought too. But in all honesty to hell with what the neighbours think.

Carnage
29th January 2011, 04:52 AM
you could already do that... just have it speach to text into the click box.

onfire
22nd February 2011, 02:49 AM
what about you gamble you credits? Like poker, I dont know if this is a big ask but can we create a poker table? Or even blackjack and you can win big?

colleca
26th February 2011, 05:44 PM
what about you gamble you credits? Like poker, I dont know if this is a big ask but can we create a poker table? Or even blackjack and you can win big?

Sounds cool to me. You guys could actually hold this without ingame coding if u hold it on IRC with everyone sending the credits to gambino or rouen and them distributing to winners.

Gambino
26th February 2011, 07:21 PM
Yes, yes... Send all your credits to me next age! Muahaha
/me rubs hands together maniacally

colleca
27th February 2011, 02:35 AM
Yes, yes... Send all your credits to me next age! Muahaha
/me rubs hands together maniacally

lol maybe scratch my last comment :P

Carnage
27th February 2011, 03:03 AM

I have a simple little game which I'm considering adding for just this purpose.

newklear
28th February 2011, 02:52 PM
Quite like the way Beta7 is going with no clicking and UP payouts each turn, wish we could play a full age like that except with unlimited UP and normalised UP payouts :rolleyes1

Playing another game to earn extra credits is not such a bad idea, just don't really like the idea of playing "another" game to earn credits, would rather just concentrate on the game at hand.

An idea for the next Beta reset, maybe incorporate unlimited UP with normalised UP payouts and see how that pans out? *trial and error*

Good Job Admins, Good Job!

Pr0nStar
2nd March 2011, 05:56 PM
i like how the beta is going in regards to clicking. i think for a real age UP every 2 (maybe 3) hours would be great and maybe shorten an age to 2 months, depending on the rate at which people and their stats grow. also starting off with a way to earn soldiers when you start your account, aside from clicking and UP, would be great up to like 25k perhaps. whoever said they tried an age where there was no clicking and it didn't work out obviously didn't do it right cause the beta is going great, although it would have to be scaled back for an actual age.

Haaky
3rd March 2011, 06:58 AM
leave clicking as it is, there you go my vote ^^,

MasterHernan
8th March 2011, 08:49 AM
Idea, put a limit to how much clicking you can do in a day. This gives the little guys a chance to keep up with the big buys.

On another note, if you are going to add a game. You gotta add Tube Racer. I got the source code and I know how to encrypt the transfer so no smarty pants can crack it.

ACrazyMoFo_Dave
8th March 2011, 01:40 PM
Idea, put a limit to how much clicking you can do in a day. This gives the little guys a chance to keep up with the big buys.
dont penalize the players that have no outside life and sit there and click all day... this is a war game, sometimes your enemy will be bigger then you and you have to find other ways to take him down.

radau
7th May 2011, 09:41 AM
http://ruinsofchaos.com/top.php?do=clickers_today
Make a daily click limit which would be equal to 50-100% of the max UP. (or even less)
For age7, this means that daily limit would be 20-40k clicks a day.
If age lasts ~12 weeks, it's ~1.7-3.4m click limit for age.

Problem might be people creating multiple accounts to click and just send credits to mains.

skiking
8th May 2011, 08:13 AM
I have a simple little game which I'm considering adding for just this purpose.

what game is this? and will it fill in for clicking? o.O

FallenOne
11th May 2011, 06:35 AM
number clicking great and it's fast no adds, near instant soldiers great.
no unnecessary delays with captchas, instead you have a chance to get things wrong a bit.
it should be unlimited. why should the players who want to click and play more be penalised? if they have to spend more time on it, so be it.
no outside stuff for credits needed. this is why we have the recruiter to gain credits and the UP for people who don't want to click.

to round up PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE A SINGLE THING.
i can honestly say this recruiting system has hit perfection.
the ingame one is so good; that people don't need to make their own unlike shitty KoC.

if i could add one improvement it'd be to somehow stop the laggy clicking at the beginning; but this age it only happened that very first day, so maybe that's already been sorted out.