PDA

View Full Version : history.php

Jerre
20th January 2011, 04:51 PM
Hello,

I'd like to ask if it was possible to fix the history.php and upload all the stats from every age. It's very handy to see tactics from back then and to see rankings. I don't think I stand alone with this question, I think more people would like to see all the previous age ranks. Is this possible rouen / carnage? Thanks in advance!

Grtz, Jerre

rouen
20th January 2011, 05:38 PM
As of now only andy has the data, he was going to try to fix it this past weekend (he had a couple of things he wanted to finish before totally concluding his tenure here). I dont have a timetable for that though as he has been pretty busy with work.

andyt683
20th January 2011, 07:47 PM
The sheer size of the data makes it rather hard to work with. The dump is a 750mb text file, and I need to do some trimming on it. Obviously, text editors hate me right now.

Jerre
21st January 2011, 03:38 AM
Well, thanks for the feedback, hope you can find a hole in ur busy rl then Andy :-)!

Grtz

Ninaelyan
21st January 2011, 07:00 AM
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/159521/text-editor-to-open-big-giant-huge-large-text-files

maybe 1 of those will work

trebach
21st January 2011, 07:29 AM
If it doesn't contain anything too sensitive, could you release it? I imagine it would be a very powerful tool for alliances with the time to analyze the data.

Overlord
21st January 2011, 08:05 AM
I imagine it would be a very powerful tool for alliances with the time to analyze the data.

I would imagine it isn't as useful as you imagine, assuming it is purely only the end of age stats in this log dump. Seeing the results of unknown maneuvers is not as useful as understanding the tactics employed by alliances to reach these results. For that, I recommend reading past TRD threads.

andyt683
22nd January 2011, 05:50 PM
If it doesn't contain anything too sensitive, could you release it? I imagine it would be a very powerful tool for alliances with the time to analyze the data.

Not only would it be utterly useless, it'll also be available at history.php. I had to trim the query to only grab the info that's going to be displayed (and it's still a huge file). The action-wise logs have been discarded long ago.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/159521/text-editor-to-open-big-giant-huge-large-text-files

maybe 1 of those will work

gVim works somewhat okay, and it's what I'm using. Still chokes, but not as bad as Notepad++. I had to do some work to even close the tab, since hard killing the process just meant the file was opened as soon as I opened the program again.

EDIT: As of 4am EST, history now works properly again, and I can retire in peace.