PDA

View Full Version : Credits disappearing

the_last_dawn
6th January 2011, 06:01 AM
Everytime I click on VRC I lose a significant amount of credits.

Earlier I was using VRC and after closing the recruiter it informed me I had clicked approximately 1.5k however my account had only banked 800.

Anyone else having this problem ?

t0msky
6th January 2011, 06:17 AM
getting this on all apart from the ingame recruiter, which i can hardly click on due to it sucking so badly

Jankster
6th January 2011, 10:58 AM
Ingame recruiter works very well for me ol`t0msky

Deserted
6th January 2011, 02:11 PM
On VRC....

You've just completed 329 clicks
You've just completed 318 clicks
You've just completed 403 clicks

Total = 1,050

1,037 credits banked (saved)

Seems ok to me, 13 could have been misclicks

nelo_angelo
7th January 2011, 03:17 AM
On VRC....

You've just completed 329 clicks
You've just completed 318 clicks
You've just completed 403 clicks

Total = 1,050

1,037 credits banked (saved)

Seems ok to me, 13 could have been misclicks

You, missclick? Never!:surprise:

Deserted
7th January 2011, 03:50 AM
You, missclick? Never!:surprise:

Yeah, it happens, usually when I get out of sync with the numbers, usually when I am trying to do more than one thing at a time :)

the_last_dawn
7th January 2011, 05:15 AM
Happens usually when I click more than like 2k. For example on CF I just clicked 9k (or thats what it said on the recruiter anyway) and I go to find that I've only been credited 5k

iAreWinrar
7th January 2011, 06:16 AM
Happens usually when I click more than like 2k. For example on CF I just clicked 9k (or thats what it said on the recruiter anyway) and I go to find that I've only been credited 5k

MaradoX-
7th January 2011, 06:23 AM

You need to keep CF open, eventually those credits will appear :)

iAreWinrar
7th January 2011, 06:41 AM
You need to keep CF open, eventually those credits will appear :)

seg seba kheb mee den edc afgesproke dak is same mee hem toetje ging knalle, komde ni mee dan? :d

MaradoX-
7th January 2011, 08:35 AM
seg seba kheb mee den edc afgesproke dak is same mee hem toetje ging knalle, komde ni mee dan? :d

check ;D wnr? :p

Ventrue
13th January 2011, 12:47 PM
I tried using the new ingame recruiter. It was fast. Very fast. however I think i lost a lot of credits because i can click a lot but the sending of batch clicks is slow so when my browser hanged and needs to be restarted the 200+ pending batches are gone. :( and my tff didnt changed that much

Iceman2020_DJ
13th January 2011, 01:20 PM
Even if you leave it open to let it process the batches, you start getting this with firefox at least:

[20:05:30] Batch: 20 clicks! (+0 credits)
Sending next on click queue
[20:05:29] Batch: 20 clicks! (+0 credits)
[20:05:28] Batch: 20 clicks! (+0 credits)
[20:05:28] Batch: 20 clicks! (+0 credits)
[20:05:03] Batch: 20 clicks! (+19 credits; 1 wrong numbers)

I've lost about 3-4k clicks from this before I realized it

Deserted
13th January 2011, 01:46 PM
I think Carnage should put a warning message up about this. Anyone that has been in irc is probably aware of this but the batches have to be processed before the captchas time out (Set to around 30 minutes atm)

It is best to keep it to below around 50 batches pending, if this happens then go fap/drink/eat/shower or generally just rest. When the batches get low again then carry on clicking!

Iceman2020_DJ
13th January 2011, 03:27 PM
I think Carnage should put a warning message up about this. Anyone that has been in irc is probably aware of this but the batches have to be processed before the captchas time out (Set to around 30 minutes atm)

It is best to keep it to below around 50 batches pending, if this happens then go fap/drink/eat/shower or generally just rest. When the batches get low again then carry on clicking!

That takes forever during the day lol. Just like the other recruiters, awesome at night, meltdown during the day. Glad I came back this age so I don't know any better.

Checkman
13th January 2011, 07:21 PM

Pants.

Read this after I lost 2500 credits.......... :(

rouen
13th January 2011, 08:55 PM
Deserted makes a good point however this weekend was the planned time to try to optimize things which is why I havnt just swapped recruiter 5 into 4s spot and instead opted for the test message in the status bar.

This is essentially the same issue that CF has which is why so many people lose so much using CF as well. Keep the batches low for now but give us the weekend to try to get the batches in faster.

As an addition to what deserted said, dont reload or close the browser either as you will lose them. Again its not 100% yet but looking to get it there shortly.

C Henry
13th January 2011, 09:25 PM
Deserted makes a good point however this weekend was the planned time to try to optimize things which is why I havnt just swapped recruiter 5 into 4s spot and instead opted for the test message in the status bar.

This is essentially the same issue that CF has which is why so many people lose so much using CF as well. Keep the batches low for now but give us the weekend to try to get the batches in faster.

As an addition to what deserted said, dont reload or close the browser either as you will lose them. Again its not 100% yet but looking to get it there shortly.

I think you guys are doing a good job on the new clicker.

E1337
14th January 2011, 12:27 AM
I keep mine to under 20 batches but sometimes when i click i get a bunch of NaN's all over the place and i'm only assuming the batches are being submitted because it shows that they are.

apparently when changing the number of captchas to display...Total Credits, Total, and Accuracy display NaN

Deserted
14th January 2011, 02:57 AM
I think you guys are doing a good job on the new clicker.

I agree.

I hope people dont think I was bashing the new clicker, I like it a lot and it shows promise :D but it should come with a health warning!

Jerre
14th January 2011, 04:57 AM
Ye most definatly thumbs up for the admins :)! I keep batches under 40 and they all submit nicely here :)!

Grtz, Jerre

ACrazyMoFo_Dave
14th January 2011, 01:38 PM
2 1/2 weeks after andy leaves and the other admins take over we actually see some improvement to the game :D AND to clicking! which all of us have been complaining about for a minute :D :D most of you probably know what im getting at.... if not: 2 + 2 = fish

great job admins/mods, your hard work is definitely appreciated all over the RoC community http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/363/2/a/_love__by_cookiemagik-d35xgjx.gif... even if you dont get physical recognition from all the players, its still there ;)

andyt683
14th January 2011, 05:23 PM
2 1/2 weeks after andy leaves and the other admins take over we actually see some improvement to the game :D AND to clicking! which all of us have been complaining about for a minute :D :D most of you probably know what im getting at.... if not: 2 + 2 = fish

2+2 definitely equals fish. I didn't have root access to make the improvements that have been made. I did ask for them a long time ago, if that counts for anything.

The only change made since I left that I actually could have made (as far as I can tell) was the recruiter5, which puts 3 captchas into one image. Not sure if that will improve things, but it'll be an interesting test case nonetheless.

Stew,yeh me
14th January 2011, 06:10 PM
actually andy there has been quite a few improvements/fixes many small things but you cba to look at lol maybe now get us the old history logs? kthankbye

not that i would know as im not playing ;p

skiking
14th January 2011, 06:44 PM
actually andy there has been quite a few improvements/fixes many small things but you cba to look at lol maybe now get us the old history logs? kthankbye

not that i would know as im not playing ;p

i love how you end messages with kthxbye then you go below and add things like you can't stop talking xD

And oh no... OF COURSE you wouldn't be playing!!! I mean you quit last age *cough* *cough*

MaradoX-
15th January 2011, 06:44 AM
i love how you end messages with kthxbye then you go below and add things like you can't stop talking xD

And oh no... OF COURSE you wouldn't be playing!!! I mean you quit last age *cough* *cough*

And you can't stop nagging people like you didn't get enough candy from your mother...

Carnage
15th January 2011, 08:37 AM
Andy: in truth, the only thing i've done which required root was setting up the firewall to combat the ddos roc recieved over the new year. Speed improvments were done by changing the recruit image to return 5 images at a time; a significant improvement and removing the register shutdown query function (replaced with direct execution of the query) (this knocked 10 secs of the batch submission time)

Vredesbyrd
15th January 2011, 01:12 PM
I think it's in order to give a big THANKS to Andy for taking over a game that was going down and keep it running even when people were whining and crying as always.
Good luck as you move on!
And a good luck to the new guys and girls that will keep it running from now on!

andyt683
15th January 2011, 04:05 PM
Hmmm I thought I saw mention of nginx running, which knocked a lot of overhead off.

Register shutdown query: what in the what now? That's supposed to complete AFTER the connection is closed, so making it a direct query should just increase the load time.

Whatever, it works, so I can't complain :P

cavalier5
15th January 2011, 09:51 PM
I think it's in order to give a big THANKS to Andy for taking over a game that was going down and keep it running even when people were whining and crying as always.
Good luck as you move on!
And a good luck to the new guys and girls that will keep it running from now on!

Good job off running the game which required a lot of time and effort. You did a pretty good job for running it by yourself.