View Full Version : Any better reasons?

lordkill
8th August 2010, 07:42 PM
You are banned: A dare taken...

This ban is permanent.

You may appeal your ban below.
Appeal:
LOL

I am banned Because i said i wantd to be banned in #Roc on the IRC network because every time i pinged out it made me autojoin that channel so i thought maybe get banned so i asked nicely first then he said he couldnt because i didnt do anything mean in the channel or something along those lines so i did something mean in the channel and now im being banned inagme lol what has RoC come to?

Maste
8th August 2010, 08:01 PM
One time in #roc...

Aug 06 06:38:57 <Torrin> god every time i connect
Aug 06 06:39:02 <Torrin> i have to go in this gay channel
Aug 06 06:39:06 <Torrin> someone ban me please
Aug 06 06:40:40 <Jarrod> lolwut
Aug 06 06:40:49 <Jarrod> accuse an admin of cheating that'll do it
Aug 06 06:41:41 <Torrin> fckiing andy
Aug 06 06:41:47 <Torrin> using an autoclicker
Aug 06 06:41:55 <Adam> i say u just gline Torrin
Aug 06 06:41:56 <Torrin> cuz he knows he can get away
Aug 06 06:41:59 <Adam> then he cant get on period.

lordkill
8th August 2010, 08:07 PM
One time in #roc...

Are you dumb man?Im not complaining about the gline i kinda had it coming for a while lol im saying ingame ban.But still IRC gline is BS too

andyt683
8th August 2010, 08:07 PM
[19:21:34] <Torrin> BAN ME
[19:21:37] <Torrin> i dont liek this channel
[19:21:44] <Torrin> and it makes me join it
[19:21:46] <Torrin> please
[19:21:47] <&Shiggity> it doesn't like you either ;)
[19:21:50] <Torrin> im begging you
[19:21:51] <Torrin> :)
[19:22:07] <&Shiggity> and since you have been so mean to this channel, I will not ban you
[19:22:28] <Torrin> BITCH
[19:22:29] <Torrin> BAN ME
[19:22:34] <Torrin> better?
[19:22:35] <&Shiggity> 0,o
[19:22:44] <&Shiggity> I can ban you ingame, though
[19:22:48] <Torrin> FIne ban me
[19:22:51] <Torrin> do it
[19:22:53] <Torrin> i dare u
[19:22:55] <Torrin> NOW BITCH

Are you expecting sympathy?

OutlawDragon
8th August 2010, 08:26 PM
Are you dumb man?Im not complaining about the gline i kinda had it coming for a while lol im saying ingame ban.But still IRC gline is BS too

So let me get this strait. You ask to be banned ingame... then when they do it you complain? I can see what andy means about players not knowing what they want now.

unlimited
8th August 2010, 08:38 PM
Shiggity: 1
Andy: 1
#roc: 1
Torrin: -3

Checkman
8th August 2010, 10:27 PM
I confess I am a little confused here.

Surely if the channel was the annoyance couldn't the process just be for Torrin:

1. Connect to IRC, whereupon #roc is joined
2. Disconnect from #roc and go where you want to in other channels
3. Problem solved

Maybe it's just me - but calling the owner of cookies a $%"%$ isn't the best thing to do.

Elfie

lordkill
8th August 2010, 10:49 PM
No its just funny How a little joking around in #RoC is taken to the extreme heh I dont think its bullying noobs that people are quiting RoC...

M3J
8th August 2010, 11:28 PM
You weren't JUST joking around. You were being offensive. I'm sure you'd cry or something if you were namecalled, even in jest.

ThomasA
8th August 2010, 11:33 PM
A case of Déjà vu?

Lol, I wouldn't think out of game comments should be able to constitute for an ingame ban, But as we all Know, <insert mod's name here> doesn't need any reason/proof for his</her> actions, so R.I.P Sweet <insert 'victims' name here>, We hardly knew thee
<3
DG

Another nail in <insert game name here> coffin.

On a more serious note:
ROFLMAO .... <insert mod's name here> feels insulted ... reaction : *cry* *cry* *cry* /ban <insert 'victims' name here>

Very nice way <insert game name here> is heading to , banning for crying problems...

That is just unacceptable, people AB all day long yet they only ban those who "insult" the mods. In my opinion <insert mod's name here> is just pissed off ......

This case brings us to an important subject , why do we have a mod ( <insert mod's name here> ) who has emotional problems and can't take the heat of being a mod ? it is normal to be insulted/criticized over the internet , but what isn't normal is to cry and rage and ban for it.

cata-ro
9th August 2010, 12:03 AM
They speak about koc mod's i think :)

zakske
9th August 2010, 02:58 AM
If you were in Shiggity's place, wouldn't you have banned yourself? I know I would. You can't expect someone not to ban you if you start name calling and then dare that same person to ban you. It's simply your own responsibility.

andyt683
9th August 2010, 05:06 AM
Our position is simple: In the past, we've banned people by request; generally people that wanted to quit, but couldn't manage it by themselves. This was a request.

The insults are simply why we're in no rush to correct his mistake.

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 07:31 AM
Our position is simple: In the past, we've banned people by request; generally people that wanted to quit, but couldn't manage it by themselves. This was a request.

Actually the Mod who did it, did not treat it as such a 'request'.

Its apparent in the next line after the recent ones you quoted, it wasnt such a 'request'.

It seams the Mod at the time was aware it did not fit the scenario, you described, and had other motives for doing it.

gaby
9th August 2010, 07:50 AM
No its just funny How a little joking around in #RoC is taken to the extreme heh

I don't see where this was a joke. You have been asking to get banned constantly ever since I arrived at IRC. Just the last time you got offensive, using insults.

As for the ingame ban, you have even agreed to it.. as most of us witnessed.

lordkill
9th August 2010, 08:00 AM
lol

The Fact is RoC is dieing and its because of the admins.Not because of them changing the game,more of them getting too involved with playing their own game and using unfair advantages on their side.Players hate that.Admin are suppose to keep the game running.Not play the game playing the game themselves.

andyt683
9th August 2010, 08:08 AM
lol

The Fact is RoC is dieing and its because of the admins.Not because of them changing the game,more of them getting too involved with playing their own game and using unfair advantages on their side.Players hate that.Admin are suppose to keep the game running.Not play the game playing the game themselves.

Because all two of our admins play.... oh wait.

andyt683

rouen

Herp derp deeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrp.
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/din515/Retard-Horse-HERP-DERP.jpg

Actually the Mod who did it, did not treat it as such a 'request'.

Its apparent in the next line after the recent ones you quoted, it wasnt such a 'request'.

It seams the Mod at the time was aware it did not fit the scenario, you described, and had other motives for doing it.

She jokingly offered the in-game ban, but he accepted. She offered to ban his other account, but I guess he didn't take her up on that one. At least he learns.

Bayern
9th August 2010, 08:12 AM
Admins do not cheat, but u just have nothing to flame anymore but them so you choose to, what more do you want? they play the game? LOL no. not anymore, not after you all cried about ruoen, his account got his weopons lost, so how are they playing? and using unfair advantage? if you guys wont even allow them to own a playing account, how can they cheat...
blaming them for everything is just not the right solution

OutlawDragon
9th August 2010, 08:21 AM
lol

So you expect the admins to just spend alot of thier time and money making this game work JUST for us? Do you think that they would do that if they did'nt get the joy of playing? They don't cheat and the reason people are quiting are all of the bad attitudes like yours.

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 08:30 AM
She jokingly offered the in-game ban, but he accepted.

You admit she was the one who started the banning joke. Is it not possible lordkill saw it as a joke and continued it? hence playing the dare game.

I refer to this quote:

No its just funny How a little joking around in #RoC....

So it seams both parties accepted the stuff on IRC as a joke. Did the Mod take it too far, resulting in an ingame ban over IRC stuff? You have already admitted that the insults are a factor in not unbanning lordkill.

gaby
9th August 2010, 09:20 AM
I don't see how insulting someone the way he did was a joke.

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 09:33 AM
I don't see how insulting someone the way he did was a joke.

and he doesnt see how banning someone the way she did was a joke.

Maybe they both took it too far. However being a Mod also has additional responsibilities.

This seams to give the message, that although the Mods/Admin claim they are there to have fun also, you cant have it with them or you risk loosing your account.

So what's the way forward?

andyt683
9th August 2010, 09:40 AM
and he doesnt see how banning someone the way she did was a joke.

This seams to give the message, that although the Mods/Admin claim they are there to have fun also, you cant have it with them or you risk loosing your account.

So what's the way forward?
Hire a better joke writer. You don't see stand up comedians tearing into someone and getting a repeat gig. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Richards#Laugh_Factory_incident)

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 09:54 AM
Hire a better joke writer. You don't see stand up comedians tearing into someone and getting a repeat gig. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Richards#Laugh_Factory_incident)

It seams a little inconsistent, those that send insulting messages ingame either get their profiles suspended or go into a special mode where they cant send pm's for a certain disclosed period of time. There has been far worse said in game and they are still playing.

This incident happened on IRC, in which he was banned from the room and glined from the server. So even if you had taken the insults seriously and not treated it as a joke, it could be argued he has already been 'punished'.

R1DD1CK
9th August 2010, 09:59 AM
If I were an RoC Administrator, I'd unban him and tell him not to be so stupid in future/Dont do it again, Or something along those lines. You know "He's learnt his lesson"

He was probably pissed out of his head at the time :D LoL, I know that feeling only to well atm :-/

ThomasA, I could have swore you were a GuA forum mod?

unlimited
9th August 2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah, methinks that 1) I'm not sympathetic but 2) For the sake of hushing complaints, just ban him for like a week.

Smitty
9th August 2010, 12:11 PM
How does that saying go now!!?? "Ask and ye shall receive". You'll get no sympathy from me and I doubt from anyone here or in the game.

As far as ADMIN cheating, BS. They need those accounts open to keep the game running smoothly. Checking for AA's with offensive chatter, instulting PMs and other cheaters in the game.

So, bud..... you asked for it and you got it.... live with it.

All you had to do is close down the ROC channel, which I do everytime I boot up mIRC. Well, almost everytime

andyt683
9th August 2010, 01:06 PM
It's been less than 24 hours. Restrictions start at 3 days. He's not done atoning for his sins.

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 01:23 PM
It's been less than 24 hours. Restrictions start at 3 days. He's not done atoning for his sins.

This ban is permanent.

Why haven't those who have abused the in game messaging system been banned also? and been let of with suspended profiles or restricted mode?

This wasnt a restriction but a ban for something that didnt happen in game.

There lacks consistency in this whole scenario.

R1DD1CK
9th August 2010, 01:28 PM

Thankyou in advance :D

I just knew you had a heart.

@thomasA

gt2qtlrXWp0

Get it?

Dont make waves son. you'll just piss the admins off.

gaby
9th August 2010, 01:41 PM
Why haven't those who have abused the in game messaging system been banned also? and been let of with suspended profiles or restricted mode?

I don't understand why to go over this subject again and again.

Not a single situation is the same.. hence different approaches. Be glad andyt683 changed his mind a bit.

Oh and +1 R1DD1CK.

andyt683
9th August 2010, 01:44 PM

Because as GUA mod you know exactly how the RoC system works. Oh wait.

We have job applications posted, but we hire on a twice-yearly basis. Next hiring is in April.

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 02:04 PM
Because as GUA mod you know exactly how the RoC system works. Oh wait.

We have job applications posted, but we hire on a twice-yearly basis. Next hiring is in April.

No need to get personal, because you got caught out on what you claimed was a simple matter, but in fact turned out to be more to it than you claimed. As a member of the MMORPG community I become aware of stuff, how things work and work goes on.

There are examples from reliable sources of punishments for abusing the RoC systems, including in game messages that its probably not appropriate to share the details on here as they are so bad and their punishment was less than what had been given in this case.

Also a lot of my arguments on here are based on the info you have provided in this case. I would hope you would be a reliable source.

Don't try to discredit me, claiming that I don't know what goes on.

Usually what you say makes sense, but in this case it seams something has clouded your judgement.

t0msky
9th August 2010, 02:14 PM
whilst i agree to a point with what happened, i do understand what thomas is trying to do and that is simply point out the inconsistency that the admins rule the game with, this in turn causes confusion over a wide aspect of the game and causes the repercusion arguments of "well he/she did it and didnt get banned".
i have said it before and reiterate the point now, there needs to be a consitency within the game, you cant arbitrarily say well he deserved it but she didnt, one rule for all or you will forever have this argument arising time and again.
All it takes is one admin with an urge to swing an epenis and the game falls into total disrepute, there is no quicker way to kill the game than admin abuse, if you have a set of guidelines for the players which they have to adhere to, then you must also implement one for the admins, having a vague set of rules simply wont work, rules such as we can/will ban for any reason we see fit isnt going to work and need to be removed we have already seen instances where this is abused and clearly shows they dont work.
Also the admins have to understand that they are ultimately a target for some form of cajoling/abuse or other form of E-penis forehead slapping by players of the game, this doesnt mean its meant and even if it is, the admins need to be above such things and realise that some random stranger giving them shit isnt a reflection on them (how could it be, ultimately nobody really knows you, unless they are a real life friend and only then should you pay attention to what they say).
There have been many instances where an admin has acted upon their own feelings instead of the rules and that is to the detriment of the game and destroys the impartiality of the admins which we as players need to depend upon

cavalier5
9th August 2010, 02:34 PM
whilst i agree to a point with what happened, i do understand what thomas is trying to do and that is simply point out the inconsistency that the admins rule the game with, this in turn causes confusion over a wide aspect of the game and causes the repercusion arguments of "well he/she did it and didnt get banned".
i have said it before and reiterate the point now, there needs to be a consitency within the game, you cant arbitrarily say well he deserved it but she didnt, one rule for all or you will forever have this argument arising time and again.
All it takes is one admin with an urge to swing an epenis and the game falls into total disrepute, there is no quicker way to kill the game than admin abuse, if you have a set of guidelines for the players which they have to adhere to, then you must also implement one for the admins, having a vague set of rules simply wont work, rules such as we can/will ban for any reason we see fit isnt going to work and need to be removed we have already seen instances where this is abused and clearly shows they dont work.
Also the admins have to understand that they are ultimately a target for some form of cajoling/abuse or other form of E-penis forehead slapping by players of the game, this doesnt mean its meant and even if it is, the admins need to be above such things and realise that some random stranger giving them shit isnt a reflection on them (how could it be, ultimately nobody really knows you, unless they are a real life friend and only then should you pay attention to what they say).
There have been many instances where an admin has acted upon their own feelings instead of the rules and that is to the detriment of the game and destroys the impartiality of the admins which we as players need to depend upon

I hate to agree with t0msky but he is kind of right, there should be consistency. I disagree on one matter though, if you dare the admin to do something and they do it don't come running to gua. Accept it and move on.

lordkill
9th August 2010, 02:44 PM
I hate to agree with t0msky but he is kind of right, there should be consistency. I disagree on one matter though, if you dare the admin to do something and they do it don't come running to gua. Accept it and move on.

So let me get this they can joke around with players but players cant joke around with them?heh typical double standard

adray
9th August 2010, 02:45 PM
She jokingly offered the in-game ban, but he accepted. She offered to ban his other account, but I guess he didn't take her up on that one. At least he learns.

Andy he doesn't have 2 accounts we are brothers u throwing that at me who is uninvolved in this case actually just makes yourself look worse.

andyt683
9th August 2010, 02:52 PM
No need to get personal, because you got caught out on what you claimed was a simple matter, but in fact turned out to be more to it than you claimed. As a member of the MMORPG community I become aware of stuff, how things work and work goes on.

There are examples from reliable sources of punishments for abusing the RoC systems, including in game messages that its probably not appropriate to share the details on here as they are so bad and their punishment was less than what had been given in this case.

Also a lot of my arguments on here are based on the info you have provided in this case. I would hope you would be a reliable source.

Don't try to discredit me, claiming that I don't know what goes on.

Usually what you say makes sense, but in this case it seams something has clouded your judgement.

There is more going on here than meets the eye. I've made passing references to a few things already to why I do things the way I do them. For a fun afternoon activity, try going back and reading my posts and spotting them all. It's like Waldo, only not as much fun.

For instance, the ban system has an appeal system and some assorted other stuff attached to it. You don't just "change" the ban, you unban, and reban a different way. A thoroughly inefficient method, and one that's being corrected some time down the road. Until then, we do things the way we do things, not because they make sense, but because that's the way things are done. I don't report to the community about everything that goes on. It would take forever, and no one would be interested. Incomplete information leads to incorrect assumptions.

The amount of your lurking in these forums is an unknown quantity to me. If I assume you have a high B average in lurking, you'd probably have gotten a few pieces of our system and its intricacies (read: inefficiencies). This does not make you an expert. We purposely don't say very much about our methods. It's not a personal attack, but I'm also not exactly a subtle person.

M3J
9th August 2010, 05:56 PM
lol

No, RoC isn't dying because of the admins... well, maybe except for one admin, but his problem. The game is dying because of whiny idiots like yourself, who see fit to complain about every single thing. You don't like joining #roc, right? Then too bad, either part the channel or quit joining IRC. Just stop crying when you invited the ban upon yourself, especially with namecalling. There's no need to insult people when you're just "joking" around. If there's proof admins and mods are using unfair advantages, then please provide it. Otherwise, shut up and go join the long line of baseless accusers.
Admins and mods have the right to play the game if they want. Main reasons why they become admins and mods is because they enjoy playing. How can they still enjoy playing if they can't play anymore? Whiny idiots and jealous idiots are the reasons admins and mods can't rank, no matter how hard they work on their own, because they just can't admit they suck at the game or someone is better. By playing the game, the authority can keep the game running because they know more about the game, and people not using IRC can contact them in game.

Think before you talk, don't be an idiot. It's people like you that kill games, always complaining about everything and putting in negativity without any contribution or a way to improve. This causes or can cause a chain reaction, where others pick up bad mood somehow as well.

If you guys don't enjoy admins and mods playing, then don't play. Stop complaining. I'm sure we could do without your constant whining about unfair stuff.

Anyway, we all know admins and mods are, can be, and tend to be biased and joke around with random stuff. The problem is, people don't care unless it affects them or their friends in any way, or unless it gets them support from others or something. Andy abused his powers and had 100% of my spy sabbed for sabbing him. I broke it since I thought he was kidding. Did I cry power abuse or whatnot? No, I asked andy to restore my spy, and he did it. No harm done, it was all a joke that would have been fixed. People knew it, yet none went apeshit. andy edited Rule's sab stats, which isn't as important since it doesn't change the gameplay like killing my spy did, and what happens? People go crazy and cry foul and power abuse. The difference is, back then no one cared as much about power abuse and andy wasn't as disliked as he is nowadays. Plus, accusing andy of stuff back then wouldn't have gotten anyone the support they wanted, as opposed to accusing Tapchou, rouen, or few others of cheating or power abuse. Stop going apeshit, especially when it doesn't affect you. It'll all get fixed anyway, and if it doesn't, talk to the admin amiably. Being a dick gets you nowhere.

lordkill
9th August 2010, 06:07 PM
I'm sure we could do without your constant whining about unfair stuff

So even you think unfair stuff goes on in RoC?So you are saying if there is unfair stuff going on we are not allowed to complain...Another reason why RoC may be dieing,Unfair stuff goes on and never any justice.

gaby
9th August 2010, 06:08 PM
He's trying to say we're all human. And things are easily solved when talking about it with the admins. They are not unreasonable people, as long as you treat them kindly.

What you seed is what you harvest.

lordkill
9th August 2010, 06:13 PM
He's trying to say we're all human. And things are easily solved when talking about it with the admins. They are not unreasonable people, as long as you treat them kindly.

What you seed is what you harvest.

Kinda hard when ur banned ingame and glined from IRC over a joke.In which i did not start,Just went along with.

gaby
9th August 2010, 06:21 PM
I believe there's still something called GUA forum PM's? :evilimu:

Also:

There is more going on here than meets the eye. I've made passing references to a few things already to why I do things the way I do them.

lordkill
9th August 2010, 06:23 PM
Well i didnt think of it the time ill do that next time.Thanks :p

P.S can we see those refrences or is there no proof?

OutlawDragon
9th August 2010, 06:54 PM
It seams a little inconsistent, those that send insulting messages ingame either get their profiles suspended or go into a special mode where they cant send pm's for a certain disclosed period of time. There has been far worse said in game and they are still playing.

This incident happened on IRC, in which he was banned from the room and glined from the server. So even if you had taken the insults seriously and not treated it as a joke, it could be argued he has already been 'punished'.

I bet the people that send the bad messages/profiles ect ingame don't ask to be banned. < that would be the difference.

lordkill
9th August 2010, 07:33 PM
I bet the people that send the bad messages/profiles ect ingame don't ask to be banned. < that would be the difference.

I didnt ask at all mate.I simply agreed to a little joke taken too far.Please read the logs next time before you post i did not ask.

unlimited
9th August 2010, 07:36 PM

Sounds to me like you 'ordered' her to ban you like someone 'orders' their bitch... and she listened. I don't see what's so funny, or wrong with that.

Like the 'man' you are, what you said was taken as what you meant.

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 07:48 PM
Also:

The problem with that quote is this one:

Sounds to me like you 'ordered' her to ban you like someone 'orders' their bitch... and she listened. I don't see what's so funny, or wrong with that.

Like the 'man' you are, what you said was taken as what you meant.

The Mod was joking around and it seams lordkill responded in kind.

She jokingly offered the in-game ban...

Now it seams both parties don't share each others humor. Both could have probably handled it better. Is keeping lordkill banned in game over this, reasonable?

@OutlawDragon, The difference being, the in game abuse, being far worse than what lordkill said as a joke and yet the punishment not as severe.

OutlawDragon
9th August 2010, 07:56 PM
I didnt ask at all mate.I simply agreed to a little joke taken too far.Please read the logs next time before you post i did not ask.

ok ok so you did'nt ask your ordered. If you did'nt realy want it to happen you should'nt have been "joking" like that

And while I have no sympathy for you. I think you should be unbanned at some point.

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 08:05 PM
ok ok so you did'nt ask your ordered. If you did'nt realy want it to happen you should'nt have been "joking" like that

By similar reasoning the Mod shouldn't have been "joking" like that either, as it invites a joke response.

OutlawDragon
9th August 2010, 08:08 PM
By similar reasoning the Mod shouldn't have been "joking" like that either.

[19:21:34] <Torrin> BAN ME
[19:21:37] <Torrin> i dont liek this channel
[19:21:44] <Torrin> and it makes me join it
[19:21:46] <Torrin> please
[19:21:47] <&Shiggity> it doesn't like you either
[19:21:50] <Torrin> im begging you
[19:21:51] <Torrin>
[19:22:07] <&Shiggity> and since you have been so mean to this channel, I will not ban you
[19:22:28] <Torrin> BITCH
[19:22:29] <Torrin> BAN ME
[19:22:34] <Torrin> better?

Thats just stating a fact.. I don't see how it is joking.

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 08:10 PM
Thats just stating a fact.. I don't see how it is joking.

Read this thread, Andy has stated it was a joke. lordkill interpreted as a joke.

She jokingly offered the in-game ban...

M3J
9th August 2010, 08:11 PM
So even you think unfair stuff goes on in RoC?So you are saying if there is unfair stuff going on we are not allowed to complain...Another reason why RoC may be dieing,Unfair stuff goes on and never any justice.

I've known this for a long time. The unfair stuff wasn't as apparent when fury and venge ran stuff. And while you are allowed to complain, constantly complaining won't help. Talk politely and discuss what can be improved. "Hi, I think you're abusing your power. You shouldn't remove my DA like that even for five minutes. People don't like it when you do stuff like that" goes a long way as opposed to "omg why'd you remove my DA you piece of shit?! GIVE IT BACK! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! BITCH! T______T" One reason why RoC may be dying is because people do not know what polite means. This not only turns off admins and mods, but other players and potential players as well.

Justice... idk, maybe not. I'm still wondering whether Tap got justice for abusing his powers and adding something to my RoC profile and not removing it for days despite me asking him to, for days. At least andy repaired my spy when I asked and reimbursed the gold I spent on repairing spy.

TBH, it's a shame when andy says or does stuff that riles up people. He's a cool guy if one gets to know him. He's just on a mission for lulz in a game with boring, uptight people. :(

Besides, your fault. You were the one who insulted someone, even if jokingly. You don't ever insult anyone like that.

OutlawDragon
9th August 2010, 08:12 PM
Read this thread, Andy has stated it was a joke. lordkill interpreted as a joke.

I'm impressed by your memory of things that were said pages ago

But anyway like M3J was saying if he would have came into #roc and asked someone politely to ban him he would have gotten banned. Instead he started calling names....

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 08:20 PM
I'm impressed by your memory of things that were said pages ago

But anyway like M3J was saying if he would have came into #roc and asked someone politely to ban him he would have gotten banned. Instead he started calling names....

No name calling goes on in #roc in jest? If such things arent moderated, it would be easy to understand how mishaps like this happen. People see other people doing it and its not always clear what is a joke and what isnt. Then they try to copy or join in and get themselves into trouble.

I hope lordkill and Andy can resolve it to both parties satisfaction.

OutlawDragon
9th August 2010, 09:09 PM
No name calling goes on in #roc in jest? If such things arent moderated, it would be easy to understand how mishaps like this happen. People see other people doing it and its not always clear what is a joke and what isnt. Then they try to copy or join in and get themselves into trouble.

I hope lordkill and Andy can resolve it to both parties satisfaction.

You can't just come into #roc and start calling people names.. You have to talk to them first and get to know them so that when you are doing it they know its a joke.

M3J
9th August 2010, 09:21 PM
You can't really call moderators and admins name like that. At least, not Shiggity.

Even I don't do it. :|

Smitty
9th August 2010, 09:39 PM

+1

Overlord
9th August 2010, 10:48 PM
Rule 5. You MAY NOT use game messaging, profiles, chat, or forums to transmit
a. Harassing, obscene, or illegal content

Disclaimer 2. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time, with or without notice, and to make such changes to rules retroactive

Disclaimer 3. We reserve the right to make exceptions to rules at our own discretion

Disclaimer 4. We reserve the right to fire the ban cannons for any or no reason whatsoever, if we feel it is deserved

Calling Shiggity that was pretty uncool. I've never seen her call anyone names on irc, not even jokingly.

ThomasA
9th August 2010, 11:36 PM
Calling Shiggity that was pretty uncool. I've never seen her call anyone names on irc, not even jokingly.

This ban is permanent.

The difference being, the in game abuse, being far worse than what lordkill said as a joke and yet the punishment not as severe.

Read through the thread to see what its about. I suspect a lot more people would fit into that category with worse insults, but such action hasn't been taken. Also read through Gambino's thread which makes some valid points which tie into the last quote.

unlimited
10th August 2010, 12:18 AM
1) I don't care who you are, taking away DA for even 5 minutes is no joke. And admins should know better than to do that even in a dying game.

Admin accounts can play for fun and even play to win (like Tapchou in Age 1, and Fury's mega-account) although I think it gets ruined when things like that happen. 'Joke' or 'serious' or whatever or not, it does nothing but fuel the fire and grant legitimacy to cheating-accusations.

Similarly, jokes like sabbing all spy and all of that also grant legitimacy to cheating-accusations. If it was a bunch of cry-babies before the 'joke,' I hate to say it but after the joke they are justified and you lose any ground you have to call their accusations unfounded. - I don't side with cry-babies or idiots but I'd have to side with them after that. It is the admin's job to know better.

2) Similarly, insults are all taken in context. If it were obvious I were jesting, for instance pushing M3J around or getting in 'e-penis wars' with some other members in #roc that would be fine.

Saying 'NOW BITCH' to Shiggity = not fine, I'd probably be kicked from #roc immediately for that. I can see why he was banned in game and I think it is totally legitimate.

However, for purposes I would have just made it a 1 week ban and not a permanent ban, but that's me again.

ThomasA
10th August 2010, 12:35 AM
2) Similarly, insults are all taken in context. If it were obvious I were jesting, for instance pushing M3J around or getting in 'e-penis wars' with some other members in #roc that would be fine.

What kind of message is that putting across?

As I said before, it could have been handled better.

And its not always apparent to new or impressionable players the context. What you judge as fine, may not be, when done to someone else or by someone else, hence the possibility of confusion.

Overlord
10th August 2010, 12:44 AM
Read through the thread to see what its about. I suspect a lot more people would fit into that category with worse insults, but such action hasn't been taken. Also read through Gambino's thread which makes some valid points which tie into the last quote.

I know what the ban is about. I was in #roc at the time.

Vrasp
10th August 2010, 02:55 AM
He should've just been banned from #roc the first time he asked (I think this is the third or fourth time he asked). He wasn't polite about it _that time_ either, which, in all honesty, should've been more reason to just go ahead and ban him from the channel.

I would've done it if I'd seen the request initially, but anyway. I don't really have any sympathy for the guy, but a permanent ban in game for something like this is a bit over the top.

Aerom
10th August 2010, 05:48 AM
so whats the update on this case?

Ninaelyan
18th August 2010, 07:44 PM
1) I don't care who you are, taking away DA for even 5 minutes is no joke. And admins should know better than to do that even in a dying game.

Admin accounts can play for fun and even play to win (like Tapchou in Age 1, and Fury's mega-account) although I think it gets ruined when things like that happen. 'Joke' or 'serious' or whatever or not, it does nothing but fuel the fire and grant legitimacy to cheating-accusations.

Similarly, jokes like sabbing all spy and all of that also grant legitimacy to cheating-accusations. If it was a bunch of cry-babies before the 'joke,' I hate to say it but after the joke they are justified and you lose any ground you have to call their accusations unfounded. - I don't side with cry-babies or idiots but I'd have to side with them after that. It is the admin's job to know better.

Saying 'NOW BITCH' to Shiggity = not fine, I'd probably be kicked from #roc immediately for that. I can see why he was banned in game and I think it is totally legitimate.

However, for purposes I would have just made it a 1 week ban and not a permanent ban, but that's me again.

How does Tapchou and Fury ranking give any legitimacy to cheating accusations? ES won Tapchou's age, he made top 5 thanks to a sell I made to him (legally) worth around 1 trillion gold. Why would he cheat to not win? PHNX won Fury's age, he made top 3. Again, who cheats to not win?

nelo_angelo
18th August 2010, 11:30 PM
How does Tapchou and Fury ranking give any legitimacy to cheating accusations? ES won Tapchou's age, he made top 5 thanks to a sell I made to him (legally) worth around 1 trillion gold. Why would he cheat to not win? PHNX won Fury's age, he made top 3. Again, who cheats to not win?

ES did not win that age, or any age. Fury did not finish #3 Crazik the person he handed his account off to then ran away for months on end again did. The rule that doesn't allow staff to rank came into effect then and Fury had to hand his account off, or sell it. Staff can play but are not allowed to try and win. You might know this if you hadn't handed your account off to jupi and took off for ages.

unlimited
19th August 2010, 05:21 AM

Admin accounts can play for fun and even play to win (like Tapchou in Age 1, and Fury's mega-account) although I think it gets ruined when things like (the above jokes, aka taking away DA for 5 minutes, etc.) happen. 'Joke' or 'serious' or whatever or not, it does nothing but fuel the fire and grant legitimacy to cheating-accusations.

My bad, I wrote that poorly. Is this a better clarification? When I said "things like that" I meant the jokes, not the playing. I don't mind Tapchou and Fury playing to win, so long as they aren't obviously cheating which they weren't.

Ninaelyan
19th August 2010, 12:38 PM
ES did not win that age, or any age. Fury did not finish #3 Crazik the person he handed his account off to then ran away for months on end again did. The rule that doesn't allow staff to rank came into effect then and Fury had to hand his account off, or sell it. Staff can play but are not allowed to try and win. You might know this if you hadn't handed your account off to jupi and took off for ages.

My bad, ES SHOULD have won that age. The fact they didn't was such a shock that I guess a few years later I remembered them as having won, my bad. Fury/Crazik w/e. The account finished top 3. Either way, Tapchou and Fury would of won had they really been cheating. No need to get all derogatory about how I handled the account. I did the best I could, which was really pretty darn good up until the point where my computer broke down and then my blackberry died (thanks 3rd party chargers!) right after and I was barely able to bank on the crappy back-up phone I was able to pick up. Not the first time or last time a main would have to vacate mid-age.

unlimited
19th August 2010, 03:33 PM
I don't know what you are implying by "SHOULD" have won the age.

Fact is RF won the age and did it without cheating. Fair and square.

ES was set up to win the age and "would" have won the age had they kept their guard up and been careful to avoid last minute tricks as they had the men and they had the gold, but they lost at the last minute.

Ninaelyan
19th August 2010, 04:44 PM
Getting way off-topic, but I'm not arguing RF didn't win it fair and square. I mean the should have won because they were in a totally dominating position going into the final bell. Nearly everyone expected ES to carry the age and then when you checked the final ranking it was kinda like wth happened? Not a knock on either side, just saying it was a surprise win to say the very least. Hope that clarifies so we can pretty much drop this because it's not going anywhere worthwhile.

Octo
20th August 2010, 09:51 AM
17:50:41 <~Tapchou> http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?76668-Any-better-reasons
17:50:42 <~Tapchou> 1. -ceti.ruinsofchaos.com- *** XLINE: Tapchou Removed G-line on *@**.60.**.30.
17:50:42 <~Tapchou> 2. Put "Bot" in your ident (email address field in mIRC Settings), to not join #roc on connection to the server, no idea why this wasn't pointed out sooner.
17:50:42 <~Tapchou> (someone is free to post this)

lordkill
20th August 2010, 11:24 AM
oh thanks octo

R1DD1CK
20th August 2010, 06:15 PM
Getting way off-topic, Pft!

oh thanks octo

What's the upgrade after Castle (4.6x)? (http://trololololololololololo.com/) Mardox post don't work!

Octo
20th August 2010, 06:29 PM
Oath of the Undead (4.8x)
Death Mountain (5x)
Kingdom (5.2x)
Underworld (5.4x)
Final Twilight (5.6x)
42 (6.42x)
There ya go.

Nikon
25th August 2010, 02:07 AM
just keep your ass out of IRC and take it to the battlefield torrin instead!

take it from me chap everytime i go to IRC i keep getting GLINED the admins hate ME lol

you get use to it lol

Octo
25th August 2010, 04:56 AM
IRC is a fine place, just learn to behave and you're good.

M3J
25th August 2010, 06:23 PM
Look at your behavior before blaming others. Admins and mods hate Liz too, yet it took her constantly cha-wah-wahing about rouen and harassing him to gline her permanently.