PDA

View Full Version : Wizards

DrunKnGoblin
12th July 2010, 12:37 AM
Ok, At first i didn't have much problem with wizards being around, It gave all the noobs a chance to get some gold without risk of being approved by enemy chains (how boring).

But I have recently been updating sab lists, There are far too many accounts out there that Have 2.3bil SA, and no other stats.
Now i am not making cheating accusations as I am not pointing the finger at anyone. But There is literally hundreds of accounts, who have 2.3bil SA, no other stats.

If they were inactive then I would expect them to have 50k Turns, These accounts do not, they have less turns then me.

So where is all the gold going????

People are using these accounts solely to conquest wizards and sell off to their 'friends.'

1 account being able generate 10 bil gold in an hour should not be a good thing, especially if it appears all this Gold Is just going straight to the 'friend' and the account is left to sit with 2.3bil SA to collect turns again.

Gold needs to be taken down on Wizards and accounts that are just conquesting wizards and selling off should be banned as IMO this is not what the game is about.

Would not be a problem if it was just one or two accounts, But updating a massive sab list, I have found WAY more then that.
I am gonna make a list and send to admins and ask who these accounts are selling off to, (i'm suspecting a lot to be commanders who say its their 'family')

I know admins don't read GUA or care much about this game anymore, But Officer Bonus, wizards and getting rid of Captcha has pretty much just turned this game into who ever has the best way to cheat with multis and not get banned is going to win.

Again I'm not naming chains so this is not a cheating accusation, But there is just too many for this to be ignored as This is ruining how this game has and should always be played, Gold Should come from TBG and your enemies, Not from your 'friends' 'multis' and 'inactive officers'

DG

Lord_Ezek
12th July 2010, 01:15 AM
Amen to that DnG!!!

Admins should take a look at those accounts as it's unfair to others who patiently bank and slay.

Nasser
12th July 2010, 03:23 AM
Conquesting should just go away. this is just another reason for why it should go away.

ZAR
12th July 2010, 04:27 AM
Actually I think they just need to remove the gold and weapon-damage part of conquesting, so that active accounts can farm some XP.
XP decay can stay the same same and maybe there can be added a 10B and a 100B mark then.

DrunKnGoblin
12th July 2010, 04:39 AM
Actually I think they just need to remove the gold and weapon-damage part of conquesting, so that active accounts can farm some XP.
XP decay can stay the same same and maybe there can be added a 10B and a 100B mark then.

This works too, Exp is a good idea, but gold should be completely removed or set to a point that fakes and inactive accounts cant become a huge sell or large massing account in less then an hour.

MFnBonsai
12th July 2010, 10:09 AM
Send me the list on IRC.... I will look over it....

Wing
17th July 2010, 06:23 AM
But i love wizard :icon9:

Saves a lot of time + no casualties + no annoying morale requesting people :D

Doc
19th July 2010, 01:12 PM
My view is that conquests stay...inc the gold. They could even increase the gold as far as I'm concerned.
It seems that the sabbing bullies of this game don't like the conquests because their victims can recover the losses as fast as they lose them.

I'm totally against any cheating but if Rocco has introduced conquests and peeps are taking advantage of it, without cheating, then good for them.

I know of accounts that do nothing but click...click 100k then reset their accounts. They are doing nothing wrong but a lot of peeps dont like where the clicks are going...same goes for conquests. As long as everything is above board then I believe conquests should stay.

If anyone is found to be cheating then an instant ban should be given to both the taker and giver.

Bloo
19th July 2010, 03:06 PM
Limit the number of conquests,...maybe.

You beat me to it DG, I just posted about all the AB's out there. It's driving me nuts.
Sick of seeing accounts that never hold any gold and never have any damages. I've been reconning some for a month now and never hit them once.

This game is a cheaters dream now,.....shame I can't name the cheaters on here....

Lord_Ezek
19th July 2010, 07:11 PM
Limit the number of conquests,...maybe.

You beat me to it DG, I just posted about all the AB's out there. It's driving me nuts.
Sick of seeing accounts that never hold any gold and never have any damages. I've been reconning some for a month now and never hit them once.

This game is a cheaters dream now,.....shame I can't name the cheaters on here....

can you please pm it to me? :D

Doc
20th July 2010, 03:29 AM

Can you also PM me the list, thanks.

LordCounter
20th July 2010, 06:22 AM
why would you want the name of cheaters? we've have the magnificent bon to take care of that.
and i hope this thread has no need anymore. if this age ends and the admins will remove the conquest feature next age.

LittleMonster
20th July 2010, 07:28 AM
if this age ends and the admins will remove the conquest feature next age.
conquests...getting gold some way other than attacking someone for it needs to go. Exp should go too if they dont shorten the ages...huge disadvantage to someone who starts half-way into it.

KrOniKle-^^
21st July 2010, 12:56 PM
Imo, remove conquests and exp system, never rly liked it lol xD but then again i want ppl to remove that so called "low-hit" which well o.O Doesnt exist lol :P

speeritthorn
18th August 2010, 11:05 PM
KOC was popular once upon a time, compared to then, its downright crippled. So why on earth did we stray from that? When you put too much pepper in a dish, you dont fix that by adding paprika, thyme, garlic, coriander, sage, oregano.... conquests, XP, sab caps...... CLICKING!

AxEHeaD15
19th August 2010, 07:29 AM
KOC was popular once upon a time, compared to then, its downright crippled. So why on earth did we stray from that? When you put too much pepper in a dish, you dont fix that by adding paprika, thyme, garlic, coriander, sage, oregano.... conquests, XP, sab caps...... CLICKING!

Just for the record, paprika adds no taste, it is just a garland for decoration.

Also, LC is right, and I didn't even read the thread.

-AxE

adray
19th August 2010, 08:17 AM
Imo wizards are so boring anyway so why even waste the time :p

DrunKnGoblin
19th August 2010, 08:30 AM
Imo wizards are so boring anyway so why even waste the time :p

Its good gold, gives noob accounts(and fakes) the ability to generate a LOT of gold very quickly and dispose of it without annoying any1 or creating any attention. Noobs should have to slay and low hit for their gold and add something back into this game that been missing for a long time.....Chaos

Stop fakes(and regular mebers) exploiting this and giving multi billion sell offs. People want gold out of thin air and no interaction with other players, go play farmville or the sims.

DG

lordkill
19th August 2010, 12:24 PM
go play farmville or the sims.

lol Yeah those games suck.KoC is based on players interacting and sabbing / attacking eachother not play the game and try to rank the highest by just wizards.Then u act like a hermit all alone and the game is quite boring.

Kill3rSam
25th August 2010, 11:22 AM
Its good gold, gives noob accounts(and fakes) the ability to generate a LOT of gold very quickly and dispose of it without annoying any1 or creating any attention. Noobs should have to slay and low hit for their gold and add something back into this game that been missing for a long time.....Chaos

Stop fakes(and regular mebers) exploiting this and giving multi billion sell offs. People want gold out of thin air and no interaction with other players, go play farmville or the sims.

DG

Hey, I play a conquest account. So what if my gaming goal is to occasionally spend a little time, and aid those players whom I've befriend over the ages. Why would my gaming goal be not just as equal to yours or anyone else's gaming goal. I'm nor fake (last time i checked), nor new to the game, my noobness might be debatable but I don't think you should label the strategic use of the game features as exploiting. Communities are what keep this game alive, and there are many roles within the way a community plays, and achieves it goals, are there not ?

I interact plenty with people, I don't like farmville or the sims.

DrunKnGoblin
25th August 2010, 01:06 PM
Hey, I play a conquest account. So what if my gaming goal is to occasionally spend a little time, and aid those players whom I've befriend over the ages. Why would my gaming goal be not just as equal to yours or anyone else's gaming goal. I'm nor fake (last time i checked), nor new to the game, my noobness might be debatable but I don't think you should label the strategic use of the game features as exploiting. Communities are what keep this game alive, and there are many roles within the way a community plays, and achieves it goals, are there not ?

I interact plenty with people, I don't like farmville or the sims.

your welcome to your opinion, I'm sorry i just used to think gold generated from thin air was a bad idea, seems most people agree, conquesting shouldn't have repairs or gold, should just be a way for big accounts to gain exp.

So you think its a good thnig you can just pick up a noob account with 50k turns, get a couple techs and 2.3 bil SA generate Billions of gold, sell off and not interact with other accounts? Sorry I thought this was stupid change and only exploiters and pussies would want this to stay, not making any inclination to which you are :D

DG

Kill3rSam
26th August 2010, 12:26 PM
I actually provide plenty of gold on the BF, which is quite usefull for those who can't conquest wizards yet. Everyone a person gets conquesting he is exposing gold available for the taking, that hardly is playing isolated. Conquesting won't ever give you a considerable rank, or position in the game. It though does provide a way in which less active people can still find a way to play, without getting sabbed for the slightest hit they make on accounts belonging to alliances and the ridiculous demands most have in terms of hitting. I think it's crucial conquest inflicts damages, big accounts have big stats, and you might want to consider that those repairs are in fact helping to keep the big accounts in range of everone else (to a limit ofc) giving opportunity for a more competitive game.

New players can not compete with established accounts and chains, the availability of conquests helps to overcome that barrier. But yes, it also leaves room for others, players in communities to use it strategically, though it almost always implies that there is a moment where you can intercept, so all of those benefits can be countered if you organised yourself to do so.

Bloo
26th August 2010, 01:19 PM
For once I agree with DG. The rewards are too high for wizards. There should be a limit as to how many times you can do it.

LL
26th August 2010, 03:02 PM
hey guys

Strike Action 2,258,596,401 Ranked #1,092
Defensive Action 294,533,602 Ranked #1,409
Spy Rating 320,075,913 Ranked #2,339
Sentry Rating 12,857,559,218 Ranked #769

those are my stats -- i have sold of many times over the age. my tbg is 400k ish and i do conquests as well as bank to get gold. I do not play very seriously, and i enjoy giving sells, sometimes i go on irc and give sells to ppl i meet, sometimes i give sells to ppl in my alliance, other times i just sell a small amount and see who gets lucky. I get satisfaction out of this.

i dont have too much time for koc, but i do enjoy it. And i think conquests are a nice addition to the game for players like me who just wanna sort of lurk in KoC.

ofcourse DG has a point about multis selling off etc.. and it is a VERY valid point, but i dont think removing the feature is the best solution, perhaps finding a way to find who is cheating (i have no suggestions as to how) .

as for interaction with others, i am on irc alot, i dont talk to everyone but i do chat to some people, and i know quite a few players on yahoo.

i think wizards should stay.

DrunKnGoblin
26th August 2010, 07:19 PM
It needs to be limited to 1000 turns a day as an absolute maximum (500 or less is I think is even better), Or take away the gold, These are the only 2 options I see that can limit the fakes and exploiters. Burning 50k turns, selling off, letting turns bank again /rinse/repeat is stupid.

There are no good slayers left in this game, wizards/bfpolicies are the main cause of this.
e
If wizards exists in the same form it exists this age, This game may aswell just change its name to KingsOfOrderlyconduct&Pussies&fakes

DG

LL
27th August 2010, 04:05 AM
DG -- I blame bf policies, not a formal part of the game, but such a big part of it. they are like rules that change according to which player u want to "interact" with. interact ofcourse means sab/attack.

wizards -- well, like i said in my earlier post without it I will need to play better, and slay. which i dont mind but just dont have time for right now. ofcourse i am just one player and i am SURE there are others who cheat.

but removing the feature... no. limiting amount of turns u can use on wizards per 24 hours, guess i cant complain with that. though I would prefer it the way it is now.