PDA

View Full Version : oh dear... where to start?

soupnazi
6th September 2004, 10:23 AM
ok well... first, I've got this Aol problem. I used to have DSL and i would just use IE... Well now im using my dads aol account because we moved and our dsl wont be working for a while. I have many problems with it. I cant log onto msnim, or yahoo im... I can't play runescape... and thats the wierdest part, everything loads just fine, it gets up to "Animations loaded 99%" and it stops. I've let it run over night... It doesnt move...

ok aol problems done...

sound problems:

I have very wonderful speakers on my computer. I even have a subwoofer. They don't work. It makes me sad. I was like "Head Techie" at my old school (techie as in tech theater person...) And im pretty good with sound, but i cant figure out what is wrong with my speakers....

My PS2 sound is also getting quite strange. I have to turn up the volume on my tv alllllllllll the way up... and its still rather quiet... This is bad. When the sound is up that high, the speakers on my tv get all wigged out and start making loud static noises. Again, I dunno wtf is wrong....

graphics:

Well... Ive got KotOR on my computer... says i need an open gl.... WTF IS THAT???? :\

well if you know what my problems are, or you think you know whats wrong, gimme some input, thanks for reading.

Aun Shi
6th September 2004, 11:34 AM
Well....Aol does that. I don't think there is a solution to that problem other than to just get rid of it.

Can you explain how your whole speaker system is hooked up? Is it connected to your computers and tv and the such?

And as for the game....Open gl is a set of specifications for a cross-platform 3D graphics API, developed initially by Silicon Graphics Inc. There are several implementations of Open GL, provided by different vendors. A Win32 version is provided by Microsoft. Open GL includes routines for shading, texture mapping, texture filtering, anti-aliasing, lighting, geometry transformations, etc. Most of these functions can be hardware-accelerated.

If you have a video card that supports that software, you can get it by going to your VC manufactor and downloading thier latests firmware or driver. look for open gl.

soupnazi
6th September 2004, 01:47 PM
wow thanks....

ugh.... this is so aweful than :( I give all the people who i dont really care about my AIM... and people i wanna talk to on a daily basis my msnim.... Now i can only talk to people i dun give a crap about..... POO!

my sound is all set up nice and simple, my subwoofer plugs into my speakers, the main speaker is plugged into the speaker hole on the back of my computer...

my tv sound problem is only when im using my PS2... i have to put the volume way higher than the speakers "optimal performance range" would allow and it goes all staticy... I probly just need a new adapter or somethin...

thanks for the graphics help, the guys at best buy didnt even know that....

ive got... or at least i think i got a decent video card... i think its a prosavage8 or something.... im no good with that kinda stuff though.... computers arent my strong suit...

thanks for the knowledge though...

Aun Shi
8th September 2004, 01:02 AM
wow thanks....

ugh.... this is so aweful than :( I give all the people who i dont really care about my AIM... and people i wanna talk to on a daily basis my msnim.... Now i can only talk to people i dun give a crap about..... POO!

my sound is all set up nice and simple, my subwoofer plugs into my speakers, the main speaker is plugged into the speaker hole on the back of my computer...

my tv sound problem is only when im using my PS2... i have to put the volume way higher than the speakers "optimal performance range" would allow and it goes all staticy... I probly just need a new adapter or somethin...

thanks for the graphics help, the guys at best buy didnt even know that....

ive got... or at least i think i got a decent video card... i think its a prosavage8 or something.... im no good with that kinda stuff though.... computers arent my strong suit...

thanks for the knowledge though...

Hmm. Okay...for your sound problem on your tv...Try checking the connection cables from your ps2 to whatever. see if the cables are damaged. sometimes the audio (red and white cables) can cause static if they are not properly connected fully. let me know what you find.

for the video card issue. you could go to start - control panel - performance and maitenance - system - click on the hardware tab, and then click device manager. look for something that says or looks like "display adaptors" with a monitor next to it. click the '+' symbol and copy the info about your video card.

Tell me what you find and ill look into it.

Now for your sound problem on the computer. You know that icon of speakers on the bottem right hand of the screen? right click and open it. see if theres anything being muted. if so uncheck the boxes. If there isnt anything muted. go back to device manager with the steps above for the video card...and find.."sound video and something adaptors" check and see if your drivers are all there. and look to see if there are any icons showing up on that whole window that have like a '?' mark next to them. if you see anything like that. you may need to install audio codecs and drivers for your computer if you have just did a format recently...

Let me know what you find out.

omega
8th September 2004, 02:08 AM
Your card is not an openGL card.

Get a geforce or a radeon. If you want to get the best, get the 6800 from nvidia. If you want something cheap that'll be ok for a while, get a radeon. (Radeon is ATI - but I would recommend the 6800)

soupnazi
8th September 2004, 07:25 PM
awww hell... I dont have money for a new video card....

aun shi... I cant figure out what the hells wrong with my playstation/tv problem... I tried your suggestions... everything seemed fine...

I did however figure out whats wrong with my speakers... the part that connects to my computer is slighty bent, probly because my father is always ripping everything violently out of my computer and holding the tower hostage...