PDA

View Full Version : How Sabotaging Works

sersoz
29th June 2010, 02:30 AM
I'm trying to sabotage a person with 1.3B sentry with my 2.9B spy rating. But only my first try worked. How does sobataging work? He has 14B spy rating, does that have anything to do with my failure? Some ideas like how many sab turns shall I spend and on how many items with how many spies would be nice. I tried 1 item,1turn,1spy.

Lopina
29th June 2010, 02:45 AM
Alright, a quick guide:

1. Recon your enemy and get the count of all the weapons he has.

2. Calculate his armory value

Multiply 1st weapon's buy cost with its quantity
Multiply 2nd weapon's buy cost with its quantity
Multiply 3rd weapon's buy cost with its quantity
Multiply 4th weapon's buy cost with its quantity
Multiply nth weapon's buy cost with its quantity

Sum the numbers you got above. That's your enemy's armory value.
3. Now, since you can sabotage 0.25% of enemy's armory value with 5 sabturns, divide his armory value by 400. You now have gold value that you can sab with 5 turns. Let's call this number X.

4. Pick a weapon from his armory you want to sabotage. Now, divide X by that weapon's buy cost, and truncate the result (just cut off the decimal part). Voila! Now you have the number of weapons you can sab with 5 sabturns.

5. Go to sab page. From dropdown menu, pick the weapon you chose. In a box below, enter the number of weapons you can sabotage. Enter 1 spy (or 2, more isn't needed this age) with 5 sabturns.

6. Click on "Send Spies".

7. Repeat from step 5 until you get a message saying "You can use a maximum of 10 successful sab turns against a player every 24 hours."

sersoz
29th June 2010, 05:11 AM
Lol, obviously very detailed steps even an idiot can understand :) So you say spy rating isn't involved?

But according to this system he has 2k of BPM and 2k of Nunchaku, not even including other weapons. And I fail trying to sab only 1 BPM for a few tries, is this normal? :(

Lopina
29th June 2010, 05:25 AM
Oh, I forgot to add the most important thing.

You can only sabotage a player whose sentry is less than double your spy.

Example 1: Your spy = 1M, enemy's sentry 2.5M - You won't be able to successfully sab him
Example 1: Your spy = 1M, enemy's sentry 1.5M - You will be able to successfully sab him

Now, to your case
2k BPM and 2k NUN equals 4B armory buy value. That his AAT (amount of weapons he can lose when being sabbed with 5 sabturns) is 20 NUN/BPM.

sersoz
29th June 2010, 05:41 AM
Man this is weird, I have 3B spy he has 1.5B sentry. I should be able to sab according to all these info :(

Guess I'm just unlucky...

Screwdriver_LaCN
29th June 2010, 06:22 AM
Yup :D Just keep trying :P

Blipje
29th June 2010, 11:36 AM
Man this is weird, I have 3B spy he has 1.5B sentry. I should be able to sab according to all these info :(

Whether you succeed or not seems totally random.

IheartShane-TFE
29th June 2010, 06:01 PM

If you fail 5 times or even 10 times doesnt mean you're not going to succeed. You get 50 tries every day, use them :)

DrunKnGoblin
29th June 2010, 06:07 PM
Train More spies, Your enemy probly has tens of thousands of sentries, making it very hard to sab without tens of thousands of spies. Spy rating and sentry difference have nothing to do with success rate. If you are within half their sentry and keep failing. train 20k spies, i bet you ghost.
DG

sersoz
8th July 2010, 04:03 AM
Actually I hate sabotage and that's why I picked Undeads for their bonus.

train 20k spies, i bet you ghost.

So will it work the opposite, if I train lots of sentries will it help me protect from sab?

LordCounter
8th July 2010, 07:56 AM

So will it work the opposite, if I train lots of sentries will it help me protect from sab?
there used to be something with the amount of tools and coverts. if you have just enough coverts to hold your tools your success rate will drop a lot - thats been tested several times with the same result. its also why top accounts suck at sabbing cause it would be stupid for them to have a lot more spies than tools with the income losses. so id say have a least 2 or 3 times as much coverts as tools to increase chances of success. not sure if it goes the same way with sentry but i suppose so.

DrunKnGoblin
8th July 2010, 10:25 PM

Yes, LaCN member 'Wake' has trained his whole army to Sentry's he is near on impossible to sab, But the price he pays, Is he becomes a prime mass target and sacrifices TBG, Which isnt so bad if your Slayer also with Wizards being introduced a Lot of these tactics just don't matter, A noob can gain 10Bil value in an hour.