PDA

View Full Version : Rep points

King_Of_Hearts
23rd December 2004, 09:59 PM
Question number 1:
I am a little lost about rep points on this BBS. My first question is what do the collers mean?

Green is GOOD someone really liked what you had to say.
Gray? Gray is where I get lost? I have no idea what Gray mean's it seem's to be good but then why is not Green?
Red BAD post or the person does not like something you said

Question number 2:
What good are rep points do they do anything for you? Do they give you any other powers?

Please answer this quesion as soon as you can I really need this info.
Thank you for your time.

Seraphim
23rd December 2004, 10:54 PM
Question 1: Gray means someone's tried to rep you, but that person has 0 rep power so your reputation remains unchanged. I'm not completely sure on that one but I think that's how that works

Question 2: As far as I can tell no. Your rep power represents how much of a change you can make on other people's reputation but other than that I don't think it serves any purpose except as a general indicator of how much other people like that person's posting.

King_Of_Hearts
23rd December 2004, 11:13 PM
Ok, I have a friend that just started his own vBulletin (Just like this one) he is starting everyone off at 9 rep points. That should mean everyones that votes for another member is gets a gray rep right? So no one can ever move on getting more + rep points.

Am I right in saying this?

Zahrael
24th December 2004, 11:54 AM
1. This is in the wrong place, should be under newbie questions.

2. Gray means someone tried to rep you, but has a rep power of 0, so had no effect.

3. Rep has no effect on anything that i have seen.

4. Your rep power goes up to one once you have given out a certain amount of rep, and have made at least 50 or so posts. This is to avoid Rep spamming, i believe.

Krystin
24th December 2004, 08:28 PM
Closed as you have the same EXACT post in intro forum.