PDA

View Full Version : Slow as "ROC"s

Destro
10th June 2010, 04:00 PM
Ok why is RoC so slow? I know i don't have the best dsl but everything on RoC is slow. Like 26k slow. I do play other browser games(kingsage,ninjamanager) and there is no lag.

1. is it just me?
2. being in California have anything to do with this?
3. whats up with the .co.uk server? i remember it actually being functional.

p.s andy this is no way a complaint towards you at all thank you for everything you have done:<3::<3::<3::<3::<3:

rabbitohs
10th June 2010, 05:59 PM
.co.uk was on Taps server i believe...

It wasnt changed over to the new server when we had all the speed rounds and such. Thats why you could keep playing them on the .co.uk address.

Its probably because everyone is clicking...?

Carnage
11th June 2010, 04:44 AM
Currently the server is seeing about 30 reqests per second from ROC. I suspect that will go up a huge amount at busier periods; I'll see if there is anything I can do to optimise the server any more but its probably the case that its fairly close to capacity.

Checkman
11th June 2010, 06:49 AM
Currently the server is seeing about 30 reqests per second from ROC. I suspect that will go up a huge amount at busier periods; I'll see if there is anything I can do to optimise the server any more but its probably the case that its fairly close to capacity.

Got a slightly off the wall suggestion Carnage !!

If we all just sent the number of clicks we thought we could do in the day, you could just update our credit balance in one go rather than having 100s of thousands of server hits :D

Carnage
11th June 2010, 07:09 AM
I had a better idea acctually; incentives for clicking at none peak periods. (eg more credits) that would spread the load more.

Checkman
11th June 2010, 07:21 AM
I had a better idea acctually; incentives for clicking at none peak periods. (eg more credits) that would spread the load more.

Were you able to post a profile of daily clicking as a scatter graph or something? Could be interesting to see who is killing it!

R1DD1CK
11th June 2010, 03:50 PM
Would it not be possible to click on the co.uk server? Then have credits transferred over to the New Hampshire server.

That'd lighten the load.

Carnage' idea would be great if it were implemented as one of the "Events" (Upcoming event double your unit production 2 for the price of one)

Personally, I don't click, but that's a different story <_<

Carnage
12th June 2010, 04:09 AM
Were you able to post a profile of daily clicking as a scatter graph or something? Could be interesting to see who is killing it!

Could be interesting to do; but that'd be andy's or whoever is programming roc these days job - I only look after the server.

JunkMail
16th June 2010, 08:48 AM
Don't know what changed but a big THANK YOU to the admins. Clicking was way faster last night and this morning. Was clicking at 120cpm with only a few sec breaks to wait and load new numbers after sending a batch in. :<3:

ACrazyMoFo_Dave
17th June 2010, 08:17 PM
lol @ 120cpm

thats still not even half as fast as it used to be a few ages ago >.>