View Full Version : Copy Right Claims

3rd June 2010, 12:32 PM
I know your nick disappears after 2 ages if you are banned/delete but what if someone takes over your nick while you are still playing. cause you know i was checking google and thought hey lets google lordcounter and GUESS WTF I SAW

those lil fags are abusing my precious koc name and id like to sue them. so my question to the koc mods would be, would i get finanical support from the koc admins if id sue them for copyright reasons?

3rd June 2010, 01:02 PM

Doesn't hurt to ask though.... You know rocco's email.... See what he says personally....

3rd June 2010, 01:29 PM
I would love to help fund this noble cause, but if you win I would have to change my username since I'm named after a RL rock band :P

But ummm, yeah, still good luck!

4th June 2010, 05:41 AM
I know nothing about you so I am gonna reply on a general basis of what I think. First of all the link you gave is just a search for your nick so the results there are not related to KoC as far as I can see. So;
- In order to do that first you need to have the copyright for it officially, do you have it?
- If it's just a nick you are using in KoC, which is apparently the case, I don't really think you can have a copyright for it. Because anybody can use any nick anywhere. You can't just claim it's yours and prevent people from using it on other sites. It needs to be your real name, company name or something like that to be able to claim it I think.
- I don't think you can have any kind of financial support for this from KoC because those people are not claiming to be the player in KoC with your nick. At least I didn't see that in the first set of results. Also to be honest, if this is your nick why should KoC be involved?

I think the trouble occurs when they are claiming to be you. For example I can use your nick on some other online game, but when somebody asks me if I'm the player in KoC also if I say 'yes' then you have the chance to sue me, but if I say 'no, I never heard of KoC and I'm not that guy' for what reason can you sue me? Couldn't someone else have thought of that nick also? For example the nick I was using in a game and wanted to have it on a chat site was taken, so what can I do? And how to prove I was the one using it first? Not to mention nicks are usually common word phrases.

To simply put, KoC is KoC, YouTube is YouTube, FaceBook is FaceBook... You can't claim to have a nick here and expect not to see it anywhere else.

10th August 2010, 02:48 PM
You can't legally copyright a name in the US, where KoC is hosted. You can trademark a name for use in a specific industry. However, use of a trademarked name as an account/login name grants you no rights to that name, as it is not a mark used in commerce. First come, first serve, essentially.

11th August 2010, 09:19 AM
lol, people actually take this serious!

11th August 2010, 09:59 AM
The internet is serious business!

11th August 2010, 11:23 AM
Oh man yeah very serious never fool around on the internet :nono:

12th August 2010, 06:39 AM
its very serious. ive send an email to this copyright violating band. still awaiting a response.
of course the koc admins dont reply to my email concerning financial help. they suck.

13th August 2010, 12:04 PM
Lord Counter Spy Service XD