PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to Admins of KoC

chaser1
23rd May 2010, 10:52 PM
Id like to thank the admins for one of the funnest ages Ive ever had. This age was awesome. Thank you

MFnBonsai
24th May 2010, 01:02 AM
Elaborate please???

What made it soo awesome????

xe-bec
24th May 2010, 01:03 AM
The fact that his account wasn't totally destroyed due to sab caps. :P

xjkryex
24th May 2010, 01:33 AM
The fact that his account wasn't totally destroyed due to sab caps. :P

Is that sarcasm? Seems like a decent reason for a fun age considering this hasn't been true for several ages?

I'd say that the big war of this age is the most fun i'v had in ages, and due to sab caps it actually lasted more than 3 days. Kings of Bankers << Kings of Chaos (aka legit wars)

capkop
24th May 2010, 03:11 AM
I have to agree with xjkryex.

Warring is more fun this age then it was the last few ages because wars can last longer but accs can be seriously hurt. There are a few issues I still have with the sab rules (fixed reset point, ability to max out yourself, rogues being a bit too strong) but overall I think they're good :)

ZAR
24th May 2010, 06:49 AM
One of the suckiest Ages ever, sabreset at 6:22 am and officerbonus - thanks for nothing :)

IDontKnowShane-TFE
24th May 2010, 08:28 AM
Suckiest age ever because if you are TFE you're not allowed to play in it.

chaser1
24th May 2010, 08:52 AM
I have to agree about the officer bonus, but otherwise, super age! And whoever said my account didnt get destroyed, its at 1/8 of what I started with. But still a blast.

And shane, if you wouldn't exploit the game code, and then distribute it to all of your buddies when you find a flaw, then maybe your entire chain wouldn't get pwned by the admins. Just a thought. General rule of thumb, if you are unsure if it will get you banned, then don't do it. Meaning, if it wasn't meant to be a part of the game, it probably isn't legit.

Nasser
24th May 2010, 09:08 AM
This age sucks just as any other age , everything is stupid from experience to sab turns to officer bonus ...... wish admins actually listen to people that knows what they're talking about for the next age... ( which I doubt , as usual - they'll never get something done the right way ).

No thanks for the admins. they'll be thanked when they do something to deserve it.

AxEHeaD15
24th May 2010, 09:26 AM
This age is more friendly towards small chains, ^5 to the admins for that. Big chains are what ruins this game a lot. Gotta look out for the small fries.

-AxE

ZAR
24th May 2010, 09:30 AM
This age is more friendly towards small chains, ^5 to the admins for that. Big chains are what ruins this game a lot. Gotta look out for the small fries.

-AxE

Officerbonus helps small chains?

IDontKnowShane-TFE
24th May 2010, 11:16 AM
I have to agree about the officer bonus, but otherwise, super age! And whoever said my account didnt get destroyed, its at 1/8 of what I started with. But still a blast.

And shane, if you wouldn't exploit the game code, and then distribute it to all of your buddies when you find a flaw, then maybe your entire chain wouldn't get pwned by the admins. Just a thought. General rule of thumb, if you are unsure if it will get you banned, then don't do it. Meaning, if it wasn't meant to be a part of the game, it probably isn't legit.

I'm not Shane and there is no reason to think Shane did that. Innocent until proven guilty, no proof, thus innocent.

Mudvayne
24th May 2010, 12:48 PM
Zar thats the first smart thing I've ever heard you say :P But other than that damned officer bonus a very fun age, small chains can now survive on their own. No shifting in and out of BPM mode and just overall more sabbing which is good. I would like a better balance to the turns tho, as it stands when slayers get in a war they have to stop growing to use all their turns for war giving bankers a huge advantage. Make it alittle more slayer friendly.

g0rFz-
24th May 2010, 12:56 PM
biggest problem is the offie bonus of course and maybe the experience. i started 6 weeks late and it is impossible to get the exp. level of someone who had 50k more turns...

i like the sab rules and i dislike the 1 turn per min. it gives bankers a huge advantage and i would like gold once every 30 min

Doc
24th May 2010, 02:21 PM
I agree with Chaser...it has been a good age for the regular players and a bad one for the guys who try to bully everyone, it seems it backfired on them this age....Thanks Rocco for thinking of the small fry.

Talking about good / bad ages when does the next one start.....anyone know. ??

chaser1
26th May 2010, 08:40 AM
roughly two months if the time frame keeps to the norm.

I think this was a well balanced age (- the whole officer bonus thing) and there are ways to catch up in experience) I found that slayers catch up much faster than tankers and sabbers even faster. Kinda brings a new perspective to the three main account types. The whole minute turns makes it so that there is more to do between 30 minute gaps. I like that. I also like experimenting with the numbers and this made it a bit more vast in perspective of how experience effects your turn management. How the number of spies and sentries effect success or opponents lost tools, etc.

The major wars of this age allowed me to experiment again with what I already knew and expand on them. ;)

Mudvayne
26th May 2010, 11:33 AM
I like the 1min TBG because it makes it really difficult to farm sabbers. And your right chaser when I was slaying I was very much able to keep my SA with larger DAs. Much better balance there, and that might be the result of allowing 1 hit per hour which allows more attacking.

IDontKnowShane-TFE
26th May 2010, 03:09 PM
I agree with Chaser...it has been a good age for the regular players and a bad one for the guys who try to bully everyone, it seems it backfired on them this age....Thanks Rocco for thinking of the small fry.

Talking about good / bad ages when does the next one start.....anyone know. ??

Yea, playikng the sabbing style backfired in bans this age, well, if you think that's a good thing you really have to think of that whole line of reasoning.

Rasputin
15th June 2010, 05:46 PM
Personally this age is horrible, the exp adds something new to KoC sure, but if we wanted half thought out bonuses we'd go play RoC, am I right? Officer bonuses simply take away what the sab cap gave, a way to limit loss, and growth to make everyone more even. well ya kinda dropped the ball on that one. tbg minute, meh don't mind that one too much to be honest, it changes the speed of the game, which was refreshing kudo's to the admins on that. I don't MIND conquest that much, but it needs to be something other than exp/gold. exp is a concept that has no place in KoC. as well before it was thought up we used to have tons of players, now we have the top 500 and their fakes :P

personally someone with coding experiance (I.E. Shane) should contact admins and send them his idea's or worst case, they ignore him yet again, and he makes his own?

Flaming Knights
15th June 2010, 09:50 PM
bon tried telling admins what all needed to be changed for the better of the players but most of his ideas were ignored and hes now no longer around. wonder why :P

Rasputin
16th June 2010, 12:04 AM
Exactly if someone gives a good idea, or a bunch of very technical well written codes, they will not ONLY ignore your idea, apparently they will now take your mod away too?

Elmer4000
25th June 2010, 11:36 AM
Zar thats the first smart thing I've ever heard you say :P But other than that damned officer bonus a very fun age, small chains can now survive on their own. No shifting in and out of BPM mode and just overall more sabbing which is good. I would like a better balance to the turns tho, as it stands when slayers get in a war they have to stop growing to use all their turns for war giving bankers a huge advantage. Make it alittle more slayer friendly.

wh0000t ??? the ZAR is ALWAYS right :)

Screwdriver_LaCN
25th June 2010, 01:38 PM
bon tried telling admins what all needed to be changed for the better of the players but most of his ideas were ignored and hes now no longer around. wonder why :P

I agree with FK!Also KoC should copy very important things from RoC (After all RoC was almost full copy of KoC in the begining) like adding some features of suitcase/AutomaticCreations/Revenge tool/etc. into the game.If KoC had Alliance recon logs features and sabstats recording and faster way of sabbing/reconing people wouldnt find an exploit etc.

MFnBonsai
27th June 2010, 12:10 AM
Exactly if someone gives a good idea, or a bunch of very technical well written codes, they will not ONLY ignore your idea, apparently they will now take your mod away too?

Yes I gave rocco in depth ideas to better the game, ideas which I worked on for quite a long time. They were beneficial to all races and types of players, but in the end I am only a mod not an admin and have no say whatsoever what should or should not be included. This is not my game it belongs to them.

Some ideas were used but in a twisted way and I can see why rocco implemented others in trying to move KoC forward rather than going backwards. Also as stated it is his game he can do whatever he likes to it.

As to losing my mod position I have not. I have somewhat taken a backseat this age due to RL and unforseen circumstances but I still check accounts from time to time. You could also say I have lost interest in KoC as I have always tried to make this better for everyone but with some of the changes I found it to not be what it once was and why should I put all my time and effort in when it has changed to what it is now.

ZAR
27th June 2010, 07:59 AM
wh0000t ??? the ZAR is ALWAYS right :)

:<3::<3::<3:

Good to see you :)

Carlos
27th June 2010, 08:28 AM
Yes elmer nice to see you back, you were the first person to get totally owned by BL.

ZAR
27th June 2010, 10:14 AM
Yes elmer nice to see you back, you were the first person to get totally owned by BL.

You were around/BL back then? I donīt really remember you ...

Whatever, BL didnīt matter back then as RF had removed all competition anyways :P

Batman
27th June 2010, 03:23 PM
Id like to thank the admins for one of the funnest ages Ive ever had. This age was awesome. Thank you

Funny ...yeah
Remove the sab caps and get back the trickle to make it even more funnier :p

Judderz
30th June 2010, 06:30 AM
Should bring sabbing back to like it was in Ages 3,4 & 5...accounts were massed in one nights sabbing, top 50 accounts reduced to nothing, afterall, it's called Kings of Chaos for a reason....or maybe they should change the name to KoPS...Kings of Playing Safe.

Joined this age half way through, to see what it was like, as not played it since Age 8, picked elf, have 21bill spy, and thats only ranked at 420th...I remember when 21bill spy would of given you rank 1 spy.

LordCounter
30th June 2010, 09:10 AM

Whatever, BL didnīt matter back then as RF had removed all competition anyways :P

then why did RF begged us for a truce and made a public surrender on gua :confused:

also i totally agree with chaser, great age if you arent a sabber or a slayer!

Carlos
30th June 2010, 09:33 AM

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?64753-BL-vs-RF&p=1139635&viewfull=1#post1139635

Then why did elmer whine so much? That post is a compilation of his best irc whines :)

ZAR
30th June 2010, 10:07 AM
then why did RF begged us for a truce and made a public surrender on gua :confused:

also i totally agree with chaser, great age if you arent a sabber or a slayer!

RF KoC never surrendered, you are confusing that with RoC probably ;)

Edit: Lol yeah Carlos, I remember that, being main and taking 250*1 from a shitload of accounts was ... hard for Elmo - oh and he is/was like that when talking to us as well, pretty fun times with one of the most awesome mains RF had (hope he did have fun with that damn Wii ^^).

Edit2: Ok, after checking the epic BL vs RF thread I found out that I myself surrendered and offered a Pepsi, a Cookie and a lapdance from Elmer and 1 Nunchaka, Elmer himself offered the moon, you were right :D

Elmer4000
2nd July 2010, 03:06 PM
LOOOOOOOL :)

Only thing that pissed me off was being massed 24/7 by all these fake accounts forcing me to stop sleeping for way to long in the end of the age. And those fake accounts was used by.... wait for it...... your right - Carlos, Agent and all the other scums from that age.

They used alle their attack turns 24 hours to early because Rocco "forgot" to end the age - and then they all came on irc and admitted about the multi accounts. How many was it you had and showed me ? 3-4 ?

And fun with a Wii ? never got it. Talked several times with the admins, just keep getting excuses for why it was never send etc etc.

Now I just hang out on a small account in the chain. Dont use the forum and just talk a little with people from time to time on msn. If I started again, it would consume all my time and it would be really unhealthy for me so...

KaB
2nd July 2010, 05:13 PM
And fun with a Wii ? never got it. Talked several times with the admins, just keep getting excuses for why it was never send etc etc.

Lol!

SleepingDragon
2nd July 2010, 05:38 PM

Is that why Baigo came back to KOC? He didn't get a wii either so he just came back to wreck havoc? :p

But really, who was the last person to win a prize from the KoC Admins AND actually recieve it?

lordkill
2nd July 2010, 06:26 PM
idk lol they gave prizes? i want one

LordCounter
3rd July 2010, 10:47 AM
pretty sad they didnt give you that wii. but then again, if you skip koc for 1 day maybe 2 to use that time to work you can buy a wii as well. but ofc typical koc admin action.

Elite Sabber
3rd July 2010, 11:00 AM
Lol low admins, elmer do you want my wii?

Bryan
3rd July 2010, 12:19 PM
Wait, you really didn't get your wii? Can I get confirmation before I go ape shit on rocco?

Elmer4000
4th July 2010, 12:44 PM
Wait, you really didn't get your wii? Can I get confirmation before I go ape shit on rocco?

nope - never got it. Last mail from Rocco was 29 april. I respondet that all their info on me was correct - and then never heard from them again. Its not like I dont have computers and consols. Its a principle thing because I through all the years of playing KoC only have seen the admin never really care about the game and the players. So - 2 months since last contact - might send Rocco a new mail soon, just to keep him on his toes ;)

biglou250
4th July 2010, 12:46 PM
nope - never got it. Last mail from Rocco was 29 april. I respondet that all their info on me was correct - and then never heard from them again. Its not like I dont have computers and consols. Its a principle thing because I through all the years of playing KoC only have seen the admin never really care about the game and the players. So - 2 months since last contact - might send Rocco a new mail soon, just to keep him on his toes ;)

WOW....WTF?!?!

lordkill
4th July 2010, 03:04 PM
hmmm this age was fun but not as fun as other ages ive played in

ZAR
4th July 2010, 04:58 PM
But really, who was the last person to win a prize from the KoC Admins AND actually recieve it?

orc00 got his console I think? Pathetic that they didnīt send their Age 9 price still to Elmer ...

Screwdriver_LaCN
4th July 2010, 10:15 PM
Hm but orc00 wasnt #1?Or I have a mistake?

DrunKnGoblin
4th July 2010, 11:47 PM
Hm but orc00 wasnt #1?Or I have a mistake?

He won age 2 I thought

Screwdriver_LaCN
4th July 2010, 11:58 PM
Oh and in age 2 they gave a prize? :D weird I thought the first prize that was announced was during age 9 :P Then Elmer won right?

DrunKnGoblin
5th July 2010, 12:35 AM
Oh and in age 2 they gave a prize? :D weird I thought the first prize that was announced was during age 9 :P Then Elmer won right?

No idea, haven't really been a filthy Ranker long enough to care about prizes :P

IheartShane-TFE
5th July 2010, 12:28 PM

I think all the first ages had a prize, up to age 4/5 or so.

ZAR
5th July 2010, 06:42 PM
Just Age 2 (a lot of prices actually - consoles, graphic-cards, games, shirts ...) and Age 9 ... ya RF won both prices and just got one :P

PleasantKiller
5th July 2010, 07:38 PM
Just Age 2 (a lot of prices actually - consoles, graphic-cards, games, shirts ...) and Age 9 ... ya RF won both prices and just got one :P

What was the prize?

xeros
6th July 2010, 01:02 AM
A night of passion with Rocco followed by a full body detox (not sure which part he liked more) hehe

Elmer4000
9th July 2010, 06:29 AM
I think Iīll pass that "price" :)

AxEHeaD15
9th July 2010, 08:09 AM
Holy crap, an Elmer :o

-AxE

Rasputin
9th July 2010, 03:59 PM
note elmer returns, ALL THOSE WHO REMEMBER HIM HIDE!!!! :P

ZAR
9th July 2010, 04:07 PM