PDA

View Full Version : Turn cap.

Valheru_Prince
21st May 2010, 05:14 PM
It's rediculous that some people do nothing for an entire age and just burn some turns at the end only. Kills the activity ingame and makes it tempting for cheaters to keep a second account for the end of an age (just log in once every 2 weeks)

I think there should be a turn cap so people will need to decide if they train down a bit early in the age to do a slay run or if they can do with less turns.

Now what would be a good amount of turns to set the cap to?

Nasser
22nd May 2010, 03:36 AM
Now what would be a good amount of turns to set the cap to?

1,000,000,000 turns cap.

andyt683
22nd May 2010, 07:18 AM
Turn caps are not a good solution. It discourages casual gamers, and really wouldn't stop multis at all. I've always said if we don't like a playstyle, we'll simply nudge the game design around to discourage that playstyle. Imposing hard limits on anything (clicks, turns, etc) simply won't be happening.

biglou250
22nd May 2010, 03:35 PM
Turn caps are gay. Instead, just quit giving accounts turns that haven't logged in an a X amount of hours/days.

R1DD1CK
22nd May 2010, 05:22 PM
Turn caps are gay. Instead, just quit giving accounts turns that haven't logged in an a X amount of hours/days.

Hmm.. Like earn turns based on your activity?

Wasn't it age 7 koc when they capped turns? but on the flip side you could attack someone as many times per 24hrs as you liked >.< It was horrible! It created a
"Use 'em or loose 'em" attitude that led to mass massing O.O 6/7 accounts on irc could ruin any account within an hour just by killing his sentry, then sabbing away their weapons. CRAP!

Nope, I don't agree with capping turns. but I like the idea of biglou'. ppl who are not active should be penalised by ceasing to accrue turns, after an X amount of time not using them.

Valheru_Prince
22nd May 2010, 06:16 PM
Seems like a different way to implement a turn cap. But mayb its a better way indeed :)

biglou250
22nd May 2010, 07:13 PM
Hmm.. Like earn turns based on your activity?

Wasn't it age 7 koc when they capped turns? but on the flip side you could attack someone as many times per 24hrs as you liked >.< It was horrible! It created a
"Use 'em or loose 'em" attitude that led to mass massing O.O 6/7 accounts on irc could ruin any account within an hour just by killing his sentry, then sabbing away their weapons. CRAP!

Nope, I don't agree with capping turns. but I like the idea of biglou'. ppl who are not active should be penalised by ceasing to accrue turns, after an X amount of time not using them.

That would of been Age 9. It was a bad age for rankers. lolz

But you bring up a good point, the KoC type turn cap forced ppl to use their turns. Thus resulting in crappier hits and more farming. It would only hurt RoC if a similar type cap was introduced here.

Vrasp
22nd May 2010, 10:26 PM
http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?75700-Turns-Cap-To-be-or-not-to-be

R1DD1CK
1st June 2010, 04:39 PM
If this was one of jans forums He'd have spliced the 2 threads >.< TNX for the heads up Vrasp. Please play next beta. it'd be more interesting with you playing like you used to.

Checkman
2nd June 2010, 09:26 AM
Would something that actually took turns away for inactivity work?

Imagine, at the current state of play we accrue 48 turns a day.
Create a sliding scale of reduced turns based on inactivity so that in the short term you lose out a little but when you reach a cut off point, turns stop accruing until account is active again:
Day 1 Active 48 turns
Day 2 Inactive 42 turns
Day 3 Inactive 36 turns
Day 4 Inactive 30 turns
Day 5 Inactive 24 turns
Day 6 Inactive 18 turns
Day 7 Inactive 12 turns
Day 8 Inactive 6 turns
Day 9 Inactive 0 turns

This would mean that they would at least have to log into the account more than 1 time every two weeks or so, I would also go as far as saying that they would have to do a minimum of a few things each day to not go 'turn' inactive.

Just a thought

Vrasp
2nd June 2010, 01:53 PM
If this was one of jans forums He'd have spliced the 2 threads >.< TNX for the heads up Vrasp. Please play next beta. it'd be more interesting with you playing like you used to.

Thanks, but that is rather unlikely to happen.

Would something that actually took turns away for inactivity work?

Imagine, at the current state of play we accrue 48 turns a day.
Create a sliding scale of reduced turns based on inactivity so that in the short term you lose out a little but when you reach a cut off point, turns stop accruing until account is active again:
Day 1 Active 48 turns
Day 2 Inactive 42 turns
Day 3 Inactive 36 turns
Day 4 Inactive 30 turns
Day 5 Inactive 24 turns
Day 6 Inactive 18 turns
Day 7 Inactive 12 turns
Day 8 Inactive 6 turns
Day 9 Inactive 0 turns

This would mean that they would at least have to log into the account more than 1 time every two weeks or so, I would also go as far as saying that they would have to do a minimum of a few things each day to not go 'turn' inactive.

Just a thought

Sounds okay to me~ although code-wise I'm not sure it'd be easy.