PDA

View Full Version : STOP THE STUPID LOW HIT CLAIMS

Bryan
27th April 2010, 02:55 PM
Everyone in KOC needs to CALM the F*CK down. A low hit used to mean getting hit for a few million when you can hold 50 mil plus. Now players are taking this wayyy too far. If you get hit for a few mil below the "60 mins" or "75 mins" you get sabbed? Thats BULL

I want your thoughts on Low Hits. Should it be a "guide" or are people taking it too far and in fact using these policies to "bully" other koc players into sending morale

Would this happen if it were 30 minute turns again? (or maybe 10/15 min turns?)

In No Way Am I directing this to Any Clan. I have had problems with many clans, including LoP, FF, LaCN, and I'm sure people have had problems with SR as well. This is a general discussion thread.

Bloo
27th April 2010, 03:10 PM
4 old turns of gold is not unreasonable.
I'm sick of being hit by stoopid fake accounts with nothing but SA for 10 minutes of gold. Some chains seem to have more of them than others....not surprising with the officer bonus this age.
I sab all attacks on me for under 60 mins gold. It's not difficult. They rarely sab back as they are fake anyway.
Too many probes.

MarriedToTheMob
28th April 2010, 12:39 PM
I think I remember the first time I was sabbed. I hit someone for 1 or 2 turns of gold (back during the 30 minute turn system). For me it was a really good hit, but for the other guy it was an annoyance. And while "low hits" are annoying, it's really just an indicator that you need to boost your DA. If you have gold someone will take it. At least that's the position I've always maintained and why I don't ask for morale unless someone in the offender's chain has exploited me in a similar manner (or unless I've lowered my DA for war, then low hits are sabbed automatically). Also, blind hits are something completely different.

But the bottom line is that people can enforce whatever policy they want to enforce. People don't always agree on these policies, but I think that's an important part of Kings of Chaos. For example, I think it's pretty unreasonable to chain sab because someone sabs you for a low hit :P

Mudvayne
28th April 2010, 12:52 PM
I'll gladly stop sabbing low hits on me, when I stop getting sabbed for them :P I (like many other people I'm sure) sab low hits cause we constantly get sabbed for low hiting other people. However it would be great if all this stopped, and people just, you know, raised their defense to stop low hits. But don't let me overstep my boundries :)

LordCounter
28th April 2010, 05:02 PM
i still believe that it are the sabbers who are ruining koc!

DrunKnGoblin
28th April 2010, 06:19 PM
DA isn't important if your in a big alliance, it seems you can just grow big and be good at crying to your alliance.
LC those nasty sabbers will get their come upins, don't worry, trying to ruin our ranking game!

PleasantKiller
28th April 2010, 06:36 PM
I was actually coming onto GUA to post a thread about this, then I saw this.

LoP's BF policy states that a hit must be no lower than 20% lower of their average hit. Recently I have been asked 3.7k morale (lrn2train) for a low hit, which was 1 min off of 60 min TBG. I even offered to pay 500 morale, because it was a person I had considered a friend and after all it was a low hit even by MK's policy, but she didn't agree.

However, I agree, BF policies in general are ruining KoC. I mean how am I supposed to know what someone's average hit is, and on top of that know what percentage I am going to get. By the time the person holds the gold that will ensure I won't have a low a hit, it will either have been taken by someone else that will have to deal with this BS, or it will have been banked.

Every age this game gets harder for slayers and sabbers and is more towards the favor of people who like clicking letters made out of stars with their spare time.

MFnBonsai
28th April 2010, 08:17 PM
4 old turns of gold is not unreasonable.
I'm sick of being hit by stoopid fake accounts with nothing but SA for 10 minutes of gold. Some chains seem to have more of them than others....not surprising with the officer bonus this age.
I sab all attacks on me for under 60 mins gold. It's not difficult. They rarely sab back as they are fake anyway.
Too many probes.

I am back somewhat so if you think they are fakes PM me ingame and I will check them out.... If they are fakes they will begone

Sterling
28th April 2010, 08:27 PM
WB Bon;

DA isn't important if your in a big alliance, it seems you can just grow big and be good at crying to your alliance.

Agreed

- doh

AxEHeaD15
29th April 2010, 06:48 AM
^5 to this thread, all of this is so true. And I agree with PK. NWO and LoP have the worst low hit policies. Personally I like DrunknBeardedHoes policy.

-AxE

chrisl7605
29th April 2010, 09:29 AM
yes once upon a time this age i was a big slayer myself and i agree with this thread. After talking to many of the big bankers it doesn't seem like there the ones losing out. I was sabbed for well over a bil gold when i was slaying for hits like 217mil off a 1.5mil tff 186mil off a 1.4mil tff 130mil off a 500k tff. Most good bankers tell me they get hit less then once a day big deal if you get low hit once at least a warning should be in order on none of those sabs was i warned.

I would like to add that i like a lot of people in lop but that policy is 100% bull crap. I have collected more logs by the big slayers then anyone else people lie so they can sab or demand morale.

Bryan
29th April 2010, 09:41 AM
Maybe the "Heads of the 6 Families", LaCN, SR, FF, RF, NWO, LOP (Yes I realize there are many other powerful alliances, but these are the 6 with 100+ members) should get together and agree to a better low hit policy

I think a 60 min AVERAGE is good, however I think a "Low Hit" (In Terms of Sabbing) should be considered less than 30 mins

capkop
29th April 2010, 10:01 AM
I would like to add that i like a lot of people in lop but that policy is 100% bull crap. I have collected more logs by the big slayers then anyone else people lie so they can sab or demand morale.I dont like having lowhit policies and before this age we didn't have a policy on it, but in the end that meant our members paying the bill by having to send x morale there and y morale here while being hit for any ammount others deem ok themselfs. Thus this age for our members' sake we did implement a lowhit policy. And unlike any other lowhit policies out there, when you break ours your hit actually is 100% sure a lowhit because its significantly lower then what others hit for (which imo is the definition of a lowhit). You can dislike this if you want, but this policy makes a whole lot more sense then a timebased one that doesn't take into account the DA/tbg/sentry of an account. With your timebased policies, I could hit for instance Uther-The-King-Of-Paladins stealing 80m and it being like the best hit made on him in weeks and still be classed as a lowhit which is just rediculous.

In response to Bryan;
I'd rather not see us get together to talk about making our policies the same. KoC is already dull as it is, and if we're all going to use the same policies that will not improve it imo.

DrunKnGoblin
29th April 2010, 10:23 AM
maybe sabbing someone for a low hit at your own discretion, But not running and crying to an alliance and keep it 1v1 or go for just offies if you can't get them. Why does your alliance decide?
I know this is how i have played since i can remember. Hit for any gold that is good for you, if some1 deems it low they sab, you sab back. Doesn't seem to be the way any more....
Thanks Axe, Our bfpolicy is the most flexible ;)

ThomasA
29th April 2010, 10:29 AM
If its within a certain % of what the slayer is normally able to hit for, is it a low hit?

Also does the % of existing logs policy account for if a tanker sold all say to spy? ie does it account for changes in the account? How flexible are everyone's policies?

+ what did we do before low hit policies came into force?

AxEHeaD15
29th April 2010, 10:58 AM
Probably just sabbed for w/e you wanted to? I like that idea.

-AxE

LordCounter
29th April 2010, 11:42 AM
If its within a certain % of what the slayer is normally able to hit for, is it a low hit?

Also does the % of existing logs policy account for if a tanker sold all say to spy? ie does it account for changes in the account? How flexible are everyone's policies?

+ what did we do before low hit policies came into force?
posting on the forums about farmers was only done when there was excessive farming. theres no way any alliance would approve a slayer for a single low hit, especially not when he or she has tried to blackmail the slayer first. after all the koc leaders with a working brain left koc, we got these sorts of BF policies lol. and the fact sabbers are useless contributes to that cause no one can defend their selves vs such a BF policy

g0rFz-
29th April 2010, 11:48 AM
why not make your own policy and stick to only yours. the way i see it, turns are scarce and i doubt people want to do low hits. if it is a reoccuring thing, do something about it. i refuse to follow a lot of these policies and personally haven't read a single alliances "bf rules" because i dont care what they want. as many have said before, it only means that you need to raise DA if it is a problem.

Lopina
29th April 2010, 12:07 PM
Maybe the "Heads of the 6 Families", LaCN, SR, FF, RF, NWO, LOP (Yes I realize there are many other powerful alliances, but these are the 6 with 100+ members) should get together and agree to a better low hit policy

I think a 60 min AVERAGE is good, however I think a "Low Hit" (In Terms of Sabbing) should be considered less than 30 mins

I assume you played previous ages.
You know, when low hits were anything less than 2.5 hours or so.
Or 11 hours for someone * cough * Hoshi * cough

So, 60 minutes is a bare minimum, from where a stand. Of course, if you have decent DA to hold it.

Bryan
29th April 2010, 02:14 PM

So, 60 minutes is a bare minimum, from where a stand. Of course, if you have decent DA to hold it.

That's true, however now turns are every minute, so people automatically scaled down to what they could attack for. I don't think you can compare this age to other ages, because of how extremely different it is. Getting a Billion Stat in Age 6-7 was a triumph, now if you don't have at least 10 bil in all of your stats you aren't a serious player.

Plus, there are LOADS less players. Take me for example. With my TFF and SA, I can only hit about 10-15 people for good gold. lets say 1/2 of those are either banking or aren't holding much when i'm online, so I have a choice of 5 or 6 players I can hit. By the time I'm done waiting for them to hold enough gold to pass their BF policies, someone has either hit, or they have banked. It's ridiculous.

The PURPOSE of a low hit policy is so that someone isn't hitting you for, pardon my french, shit gold. If you make 60 million per hour, hitting at 55 is not "shit" gold. However, hitting at 10 is. But people are taking their BF policies too seriously so they can extort morale out of players.

Lopina
29th April 2010, 02:55 PM
If you make 60 million per hour, hitting at 55 is not "shit" gold.

It wouldn't be shit gold if we had control over the percentages. However, hitting @ 55 will most likely get you ~40-45M.

And as for extorting morale using BF policies. BF policies are here to ensure a general rule of conduct amongst alliances.
Some players may try to extort morale. Some will sab you instantly.
But the point is, you, being a slayer, is the one who has to calculate if you're gonna hit now and risk getting screwed by Rocco's funny formula, eventually getting sabbed, or you're gonna wait some more time and avoid all the unpleasantries mentioned.

Skorpz
29th April 2010, 03:13 PM
posting on the forums about farmers was only done when there was excessive farming. theres no way any alliance would approve a slayer for a single low hit, especially not when he or she has tried to blackmail the slayer first. after all the koc leaders with a working brain left koc, we got these sorts of BF policies lol. and the fact sabbers are useless contributes to that cause no one can defend their selves vs such a BF policy

no its the kids from last few ages left in koc who got 3hairs on their ballz now and they think pwn now. thats why noone cant even create decent bf policy or think logicaly.

where were you last few ages mr smart? seem forgetting that players database was like 20k? 40k? 60k? now its barrely 3k. how much really active accounts are left over this age?

and from that handfull accounts theres half using ab or remoting , which is sadly not catchable. cought cought ! yea, you maybe expected few names but i wont untill you force me to report with proofs. but i dont think that will be necessary as admins will do mass nbanning again b4 age ends.

ZAR
29th April 2010, 04:50 PM
In earlier Ages we had just farmrules, no lowhit-rules, people today cry way to much - following a basic 60 mins rule is what RF does ... we donīt gang as alliance and keep it 1vs1, except the lowhitting becomes really excessive.

Lopina
29th April 2010, 05:09 PM
where were you last few ages mr smart? seem forgetting that players database was like 20k? 40k? 60k? now its barrely 3k. how much really active accounts are left over this age?

Ages 3,4,5,7,8 solo
Ages 10,11,12,13B,13 LaCN

And I was referring to the ages 10-12 about AAs and low hits

As for player count, there's 1 hit per 12 hrs now, instead someone's 1/week or whatever.

evilmiget0021
30th April 2010, 11:25 AM
And as for extorting morale using BF policies. BF policies are here to ensure a general rule of conduct amongst alliances.
Some players may try to extort morale. Some will sab you instantly.
But the point is, you, being a slayer, is the one who has to calculate if you're gonna hit now and risk getting screwed by Rocco's funny formula, eventually getting sabbed, or you're gonna wait some more time and avoid all the unpleasantries mentioned.

LOP/LACN bf policies are made solely to extort morale and protect your guys who are too lazy to bank or too dumb to buy da. Let give you two "hypothetical" situations.

Situation 1.
A dwarf account with 1.66M tff makes about 230M in 2 hours. I hit this account at 320M, and steal 232M gold. He demands morale, saying that his average is much higher and I need to steal over 250M. However, the only reason his average is higher is because he's been threatening with sabs for STEALS under 120 minutes ALL AGE. Note: In order to never get below 250M, you would need to hit him at 375M gold, which is more than 3 hours of gold for all you math whizzes reading this.

Situation 2.
A human account with about 2.4M tff is hit at 335M gold. I steal only 201M, which is still over 60 minutes of gold and therefore fulfilling the time, but rather low compared the super magically lucky hit that some1 had earlier than night. He is nice about it, so I do not mind sending morale. HOWEVER, he then asks me to only hit him when he holds 400M, which is way over 100 minutes of gold. The reason said account picks this specific amount: He can wake up to bank at 350M. He is basically telling me I am forbidden to hit him, even though I always steal over 60 minutes.

So Lopina (who is reasonable unlike these other two "hypothetical" people and having nothing against), do I wait and always let them bank because I "have" to wait 3 hours to hit them or otherwise they want morale for it.

So honestly lacn/lop, cut the crap and stop crying about people taking your gold, it's a part of the game (unlike bf policies which are made up).

Blankslate
30th April 2010, 12:08 PM
Yall are a bunch of whining asses excuse my language but its true
I been playing this game for 13 ages + some betas, i started in age 1-5 as blu3dud3 and had my account hacked and changed to blankslate

Why dont you guys stick to merv's last policy, from last age when we had aa's . He understand how the game is supose to be played.
Dont get all defensive let me finish :)

His aa stated something like this, IF you can take my gold, take it. because if my gold means that much to you, whats goinna stop you.

Basically saying, if its worth the turns, and u can hit it why not????????

As for lop's policy
I dont think its the lop policy that we have an issue with, but the ""Average hit "" on some of these players, how far do the logs go back for an average??? 1 week, 1 month??? the age??
I think there should be a website or some sort of way of tracking an average hit if they chose to keep the ""Average hit policy""
Because i slay an average of 2b+ a day everyday, yesterday was a nice day but i hit some people i normally dont :D

But these people i can rarely hit and i slay 10-12 hours a day i watch the battlefield lol and i cant find them with decent enough gold for them to ""Not demand morale for""

I base if i can steal 100turns + and ya complain, gets kinda annoying just like us ""Supposed low hitters"" and then you know directly sabbing people off for hits over 100 turns will get you sabbed.

so why not create something that lets us know the average, when u post the hits made on u?

capkop
30th April 2010, 12:28 PM
LOP/LACN bf policies are made solely to extort morale and protect your guys who are too lazy to bank or too dumb to buy da. Let give you two "hypothetical" situations.

Situation 1.
A dwarf account with 1.66M tff makes about 230M in 2 hours. I hit this account at 320M, and steal 232M gold. He demands morale, saying that his average is much higher and I need to steal over 250M. However, the only reason his average is higher is because he's been threatening with sabs for STEALS under 120 minutes ALL AGE. Note: In order to never get below 250M, you would need to hit him at 375M gold, which is more than 3 hours of gold for all you math whizzes reading this.

Situation 2.
A human account with about 2.4M tff is hit at 335M gold. I steal only 201M, which is still over 60 minutes of gold and therefore fulfilling the time, but rather low compared the super magically lucky hit that some1 had earlier than night. He is nice about it, so I do not mind sending morale. HOWEVER, he then asks me to only hit him when he holds 400M, which is way over 100 minutes of gold. The reason said account picks this specific amount: He can wake up to bank at 350M. He is basically telling me I am forbidden to hit him, even though I always steal over 60 minutes.

So Lopina (who is reasonable unlike these other two "hypothetical" people and having nothing against), do I wait and always let them bank because I "have" to wait 3 hours to hit them or otherwise they want morale for it.

So honestly lacn/lop, cut the crap and stop crying about people taking your gold, it's a part of the game (unlike bf policies which are made up).Its funny you say bf policies aren't part of the game yet you keep 'justifying' your hits by saying it was over x minutes thus not low.

Like I've explained in a post earlier, timebased policies about lowhits are more flawed then ours. Afaik all big alliances have lowhit policies, all of those that get hit 'low' and if they want to, can ask morale or sab by those rules. All those policies are time based, but that says nothing about whether or not a hit is low. We just wrote ours so that only when a hit is in fact low we allow action. In some cases that mean they can hold more gold, in some cases it means they cannot. At least for us there's a point of building defense.

Skorpz
30th April 2010, 12:41 PM

Situation 1.

Situation 2.

So honestly lacn/lop, cut the crap and stop crying about people taking your gold, it's a part of the game (unlike bf policies which are made up).

that reminds me at spiderwoman_lacn who also requests 400mill atleast. she says she holds upt o 1bill gold after i hit her, why doesnt she hold that amount b4 i hit her? each time i recon her shes at 300-450mill. last time i hit her at 470mill and ofcourse got low % hit, only 340mill gold. its still above 60min gold and she demands 2,6 k morale else sab. stupid isnt it? why do you have bf policy of 60min then ? im around lik e24/7 and i dont seem to find you with higher amount then 300-450mill or like last time 470mill. why should i take what i can get then if its still above 60min gold ?

Lopina
30th April 2010, 01:50 PM
Dunno bout others, but if they have respectable DA to hold a more than 60 mins, why not give them a chance. Of course, asking for over old 4 turns is unreasonable to me, but some people may request it.

I personally, won't sab you if you steal 60 or more minutes. However, you'd have to be a real n00b to do that, given that any1 who can hit me will get an average of 50M repairs, and they'll trade 150 turns for 50M gold effectively. If that's what you want, who am I to argue. However, I'll immediately sab ANY hit for 59 minutes or less, unless it's a result of a really bad % (lesser than 65%).

Example: If you hit at 130M and hoped you'd get over 100, and you got let's say 95, I'll simply sab you.
But, If you hit @ 160 and got 95, now, that's a really lousy %, and I prolly even won't ask for morale.

But that's just me.

evilmiget0021
30th April 2010, 01:58 PM
Its funny you say bf policies aren't part of the game yet you keep 'justifying' your hits by saying it was over x minutes thus not low.

Like I've explained in a post earlier, timebased policies about lowhits are more flawed then ours. Afaik all big alliances have lowhit policies, all of those that get hit 'low' and if they want to, can ask morale or sab by those rules. All those policies are time based, but that says nothing about whether or not a hit is low. We just wrote ours so that only when a hit is in fact low we allow action. In some cases that mean they can hold more gold, in some cases it means they cannot. At least for us there's a point of building defense.

The reason I stated times was to show reason, not to defend policies. It just so happens that normally stealing 60 minutes of gold from these big accounts covers my repairs and losses and then gives me some profit. I would love to steal more gold every time believe me. But the problem comes when these guys are holding good gold for me, yet they have given me an amount to hit at which always gives them the chance to bank. It's not like we are being stupid here at hitting for 30 minutes, we're waiting to see almost 2 hours of gold. If you want to hold your gold buy da. If not, as long as no1 is farming or hitting annoyingly low, what the heck gives YOU the right to tell ME when I can hit you. They put da into this game to hold your gold, not your threats.

Slasher-X, I will give you that average minus 20 could be a good idea and takes into account factors that a simple time limit doesn't. But average has its flaws as well. For instance, we cannot see your logs. Also, sometimes there are outliers that should not be factored into the amount.

But the thing that irks me most is the demanding we HAVE to wait and give you an opportunity to bank. That's BS.

edit: Also, in regards to what lopina said I agree with you, higher da should mean more gold. Which is fine. But I stole over 2 hours of gold and was demanded to give morale. That's just bullcrap.

Lopina
30th April 2010, 02:06 PM
I would love to steal more gold every time believe me. But the problem comes when these guys are holding good gold for me, yet they have given me an amount to hit at which always gives them the chance to bank. It's not like we are being stupid here at hitting for 30 minutes, we're waiting to see almost 2 hours of gold.
I have a solution for ya. Return old system of TBG (every 30 mins) and give players control over %. (Also old system, attacking with 1-15 turns)

If you want to hold your gold buy da. If not, as long as no1 is farming or hitting annoyingly low, what the heck gives YOU the right to tell ME when I can hit you. They put da into this game to hold your gold, not your threats.
As I already mentioned this more than a few times, KoC is becoming RoC with Sentry dictating your minimum hit. Sentry != DA.
This needs to be fixed by fixing gameplay rules. Don't ask me which ones, but if there's gonna be another Beta, this is sure one matter that needs to be addressed.

Bryan
30th April 2010, 02:26 PM
I have a solution for ya. Return old system of TBG (every 30 mins) and give players control over %. (Also old system, attacking with 1-15 turns)

Lopina I think that you are a complete moron sometimes, but I agree 100% with you. We need to change it back tot he 30 mins system, and if not control the %, tweak it a bit so that its not SOOO ridiculous

Lopina
30th April 2010, 02:28 PM
Lopina I think that you are a complete moron sometimes
Don't worry, I'm not offended. In fact, I realize that fact myself quite often ;)

PleasantKiller
30th April 2010, 03:27 PM
So I have three questions for an LoP leader or BF mod.

1. Are defended hits/raids counted in this average?

2. This question has been continuously dodged, how can we trust you on your logs?

3. How long ago does average mean? I recently hit arynis, and to show her "average" I was shown two hits by chrisl. I'm sure that these hits are also two of the best in her logs, but w.e.

Fargus
30th April 2010, 04:52 PM
people lie so they can sab

rofl, do I need to say anything? :D Look who's talking!

Gohon
3rd May 2010, 03:35 PM
For any slayers, there is enough targets on the bf to only hit players when they have at least 100mins of gold. Any less would probably b a waste of my turns as there are larger targets available. However, due to the fact that i only hit for 100mins means that other people are trying to hit the same accounts and people sometimes log on and spend all their money. This sometimes leads to me seeing a nice amount of money on the bf but when i attack i only steal an epicaly low 2 mil.

Then i have to explain myself and hope that the other person isnt a complete dick (which most people arent)

Having said that tho, u should b paying morale for less than 60mins steal without an excuse, but not full amount for 59mins. More like about 10-20% of the soliders/mercs killed

Skorpz
3rd May 2010, 06:49 PM
whats ur ingame acc? so i can try compare your account with me. if you say so, find me that accounts? i can barrely find 3-4decent hits daily!

PleasantKiller
3rd May 2010, 09:01 PM
whats ur ingame acc? so i can try compare your account with me. if you say so, find me that accounts? i can barrely find 3-4decent hits daily!

not everyone has teh ubber SA like you :P

Gohon
4th May 2010, 04:10 AM
i image its alot more difficult to find decent hits when ur a top account, what with people loggin in more often to bank and more people trying to hit those around you.

There are quite a few players on the bf who never ever hold 60mins worth of gold cause there tff is so high but DA and SR so low. Someone will low hit them while you sit and wait for 60mins

Skorpz
4th May 2010, 07:48 AM
no you need wait for 100 or 108min of gold to get atleast 60min worth gold. why? i often get only 52% hits.

LordCounter
4th May 2010, 03:51 PM
slaying is for nubs this age skorpz, why bother lol

Will_Thomson
4th May 2010, 06:35 PM
all ti is is a waste of gold and turns

Son_Of_Sam
27th May 2010, 11:51 AM
Seems I've not missed much , :P

Screwdriver_LaCN
27th May 2010, 12:52 PM
As BF mod I am a bit tired too of Low hit cryings xD but as I have to follow our BF policy I am annoying most of the time :D
But there were BF policies since the sabbing appeared as I know :) at least when I joined KoC/LaCN (it was in the same time :D) there were already BF policies but way more different, like if you attack someone more than 7 times a week or sab him without a reason you get sabbed, no other sabbable issues :D