PDA

View Full Version : "Age 4 Beta 1 will be online on Saturday, 27th March, 2010" Fail

Syngenetic
27th March 2010, 09:00 PM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8430/epicfailrz1.jpg

MaradoX-
27th March 2010, 09:02 PM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/129128286672236624.jpg

fury
27th March 2010, 09:04 PM
No, srsly, this is the game. It's the new white page design!

I like it :thumbsup:

Perditor
27th March 2010, 09:12 PM
http://blog.scs.sk.ca/tado/vschools/fail.jpg

yeah, pretty much.

OutlawDragon
27th March 2010, 09:13 PM
I think its all Tapchou's fault.........

Shane-
27th March 2010, 09:15 PM
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/rocgame/public_html/index.php on line 9001
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/8200000/It-s-over-9000-dragon-ball-z-8284662-707-562.jpg

Syngenetic
27th March 2010, 09:21 PM
So.. possible guesses for Age 4 beta:

Next Saturday
April 27th
March 27th 2011

Which one?

cavalier5
27th March 2010, 10:05 PM
So.. possible guesses for Age 4 beta:

Next Saturday
April 27th
March 27th 2011

Which one?

Meh, maybe Monday. Dumb admins should have called ghost busters. Then it would have worked, somehow I think. Im just rambling, ignore me im going to sleep. Probably shouldn't watch scifi and eat sugary food before I got to bed. Gonna have weird dreams.

R1DD1CK
28th March 2010, 04:29 AM
Age 4 Beta 1 will begin in 18 hours and 57 minutes.

n9uMJovuA_Y&aia=true
I'm so bored, I may start eating chocolate!!

vengefuldeath87
28th March 2010, 07:34 AM
Woo, i get to jump on the bandwagon this time, because this is the first age it really wasnt my fault!

Octo
28th March 2010, 10:11 AM
I'll still blame you.

EdThaSt0rm`
28th March 2010, 10:24 AM
Age 4 Beta 1 will begin in 18 hours and 57 minutes.

Lol you still believe they are going to make that deadline like they did the last 6 times?

They will probably add another 24 hours once these 13 hours are up. And so on and so on...

In the meantime you can join IRC and talk with other players XD

(I'm still really excited for the new age though... Hope for many new features! And because of these delays it will probably work smoother)

tiger45
28th March 2010, 11:00 AM
The only fault that RoC admins did was giving a dead line as start..
I think if they just said, we're working on a new RoC code, and when it's ready we're going to launch it, it wouldn't have been such a _fail_ because no one would have been waiting something from them at one day..but giving a deadline, and not working as they said (for many times) is what would make me say: Fail.

~tiger45

TheLoneSpirit
28th March 2010, 11:56 AM
With so many delays , i think the Admins forgot to mention that the age wont be going forward :P

I think most of the players will have lost faith in the Admins/mods by now...

But then ... Do the Admins/Mods really give a crap?

RoC should have just had a mini 1 or 2 week age if the admins could not bring Age 4 beta up.

EPIC FAIL indeed.

BloodBullet
28th March 2010, 12:15 PM
yet i'm pretty sure you will all still play!

Octo
28th March 2010, 12:48 PM
You guys may all be bashing and flaming the admins but I'm sure you guys are still waiting 24/7 in your parents' basements waiting for the age to start.

cavalier5
28th March 2010, 02:03 PM
You guys may all be bashing and flaming the admins but I'm sure you guys are still waiting 24/7 in your parents' basements waiting for the age to start.

Hey that's not fair some of them may have their rooms upstairs ^^

rabbitohs
28th March 2010, 03:44 PM
Mines on the bottom floor :)

andyt683
28th March 2010, 03:46 PM
Deadlines are not something that we've historically been good with. I had suggested we start with the concurrent beta to avoid this, but I was overruled. It helps that really only two people are working on the new code, compared with the size of staff in ages past. From what I hear, Tapchou felt pressured into a deadline by players. This is not something that should be rushed. Live and learn, I guess.

Also, keep in mind, beyond just the new code, there's also a new server (new mail service, new DNS service, changing directory structures from what we're familiar with), there's also the fun aspect of working with CodeIgniter which isn't something Tapchou was familiar with. snoop brought a professional standard for coding to bear in this project, so there's that aspect to consider too. Where bugs used to be a fun diversion during prior betas, they're actually frowned upon now and they've attempted to fix them all before launching. Oh and just for kicks, there's also an entirely new administrative crew, as I stepped down, as did fury and venge.

TL;DR: There's more than just a few new files in here. Everything is new, including the people running the show.

R1DD1CK
28th March 2010, 04:39 PM
Lol you still believe they are going to make that deadline like they did the last 6 times?

They will probably add another 24 hours once these 13 hours are up. And so on and so on...

In the meantime you can join IRC and talk with other players XD

(I'm still really excited for the new age though... Hope for many new features! And because of these delays it will probably work smoother)

Hmm, theirs just one small problem with IrC, That the "Chat" button seams to be missing at the top of the forum browser bar!

Mr Carnage sir, Can we have the chat button back plz :)

ThomasA
28th March 2010, 04:43 PM
Is it possible for the RoC Chat applet to be online?

R1DD1CK
28th March 2010, 04:49 PM
Is it possible to the the RoC Chat applet online?

Hi Thom,
I don't know what you just said.
But the only way I ever used chat was from the button that used to be their, but has mysteriously vanished.

GiveUpAlready.com FAQ
Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.

How do I get there?
There are a number of ways you can get onto the chat server.

Possibly the simplest way is to click the Chat link in the navigation bar. This will open the java irc client and, assuming you have java installed will connect you to the server. From there you just need to follow the instructions to enter a room.

You can also get your own IRC client software, one popular program being mIRC available as shareware from www.mirc.com.

To connect to the irc server using mIRC, run the program and then from the status window type:

/server irc.giveupalready.com:6667

And when I use your forums other link I get,

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: irc_channel in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3932

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: irc_channel in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3932

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: irc_network in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3932

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: irc_connect in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3932

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: navbar in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3932

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/giveup/public_html/chat.php(121) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: IRC in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3932

Though the way I see it is that it's probably for the best, as I'm a complete dick, and speaking to me on chat would just make me look a total and utter prick :)

Killtoy
28th March 2010, 10:44 PM
Looks like they are having a merge/purge problem, might be best to forget the merge and just let every one re-register??

ACrazyMoFo_Dave
29th March 2010, 11:04 AM
in the mean time while all the admins/mods get their shit together, COD: MW2 anyone? the new maps for xbox will prolly be here before RoC is up anyways >.>

Syngenetic
29th March 2010, 12:47 PM
in the mean time while all the admins/mods get their shit together, COD: MW2 anyone? the new maps for xbox will prolly be here before RoC is up anyways >.>

I'm afraid I won't be getting the stimulus package map set. $15 for a download is too much. Anyways back on topic..I hope everything is fixed soon. *Sends redbull to admins*

cavalier5
29th March 2010, 02:27 PM
I'm afraid I won't be getting the stimulus package map set. $15 for a download is too much. Anyways back on topic..I hope everything is fixed soon. *Sends redbull to admins*

Arnt map packs 800 points which are $10?

ACrazyMoFo_Dave
29th March 2010, 05:28 PM
idk, i got points for my account a while back and have been saving them for something worthwhile like new maps for MW2 lol.

i was actually more excited to see the new RoC Age 4.... but lately more excited for MW2 ;(

rabbitohs
29th March 2010, 05:36 PM
Haii Davey!

Haha imagine if someone stayed up the whole time waiting for the age to start XD

KyleCias
29th March 2010, 05:47 PM
Haii Davey!

Haha imagine if someone stayed up the whole time waiting for the age to start XD

what a waste of time that would be :P

well why not have some speed rounds? while the age4 beta is fully coded?

sounds like a fair idea.. also i know it will take some time switch files... :/

MeDDish
29th March 2010, 05:50 PM
what a waste of time that would be :P

well why not have some speed rounds? while the age4 beta is fully coded?

sounds like a fair idea.. also i know it will take some time switch files... :/

as long as they are 5min turns rather then 1min!
1 min means u couldnt even go for a smoke without being hit!

cavalier5
29th March 2010, 07:29 PM
How bout age 4 beta beta. A beta before a beta

Syngenetic
29th March 2010, 09:48 PM
Arnt map packs 800 points which are $10?

Normally they are..but the idiots made it 1200 points ~ $15 :frusty:

Da_D_Master
30th March 2010, 12:02 AM
as long as they are 5min turns rather then 1min!
1 min means u couldnt even go for a smoke without being hit!

that was the good thing about it, people could no longer bank everything without having HUGE defense :) (or being on every minute... but thats just stupid, no offense to those who did :P)

trebach
30th March 2010, 12:28 AM
How bout age 4 beta beta. A beta before a beta
Wouldn't that be an alpha?

rabbitohs
30th March 2010, 05:21 AM
Alpha is an actual defined term i believe. I think its a beta, but not open to the public.

Carnage
30th March 2010, 07:40 AM
Traditionally software has several release phases:
1) Alpha, usually the first released version; this dosn't mean its open to the public; just more people than the development team, dosent mean its private either.
2) Beta, comes after alpha and generally includes a larger test audience.
3) Release Candidate, this is a version which the developers believe is good enough to be released proper.
4) Gold, this is used to refer to the 'final version'

MeDDish
30th March 2010, 09:06 AM
4) Gold, this is used to refer to the 'final version'

and thats when the patching starts!!!! 0 day patches are great aint they!

Nikon
31st March 2010, 03:22 PM
screw it whens the age starting hell what they promise is not what they been saying what a bunch of crap!

EdThaSt0rm`
31st March 2010, 03:44 PM
"This is the old server."

Something happend! Yay... or it's just my DNS?

Oh well... atleast I got rid of that white screen :p

RichOahu_ES
31st March 2010, 06:31 PM
i have the old server again..

maybe they are getting close?

tintinitis
31st March 2010, 06:51 PM
Looks like we're back on the old server lol.

Power struggle?

Don-
31st March 2010, 07:13 PM
Looks like we're back on the old server lol.

Power struggle?

*Cough* fail post.

~Don.

R1DD1CK
1st April 2010, 04:41 AM
Stole this from a woman in a different age :) She wont mind.

A Brain Fart *ROC Admins, the age that wouldnt start*
Rate this Entry

4 men..
a room
laptops

Snoop walks over to the window, his breath clouds the cold pane of glass
*DAMN IT ANDYT*
his fist pounds on the windowsill
his head swings around

"we MUST START this age"

a high pitched squeeky voice awnsers in a casual manner
"ehhhhhhhhhhh i dont know Snoop, i like to watch them all wonder, and tweak the game play of the top 5 GuA posters"
exclaims as he
scratches his belly and shoves another chip into his mouth

a man reclining in his chair, feet up on a table, laptop on his lap, laughs coily
he looks out from under his unibrow
*oh we shall start it* and he laughs some more

andyt, venge and fury turn slowly and look at Snoop

*we SHALL START it like no other beginning of an age before*

a mouse runs across the old wood floor, drafty from years of wear
andyt puts another chip in his mouth not taking his eyes off of snoop
the crunch echos through the room, crumbs fall down onto
his shirt, without falter he reaches down, picks up the bigger of the crumbs and
without missing a beat, shoves it in his mouth, he sips his beer

"i gotta pee" says fury, and he walks off to the bathroom unzipping before he has even made it out of the living room

back in the livingroom, venge and snoop relize that andyt has spaced out once again and throw
a twinkie at him

"OUCH, what was that for" he glares at the two, "dont be mean!" he says as he rubs his head, then pics up the twinkie from the floor and proceeds to eat it

fury comes back in from the bathroom, zipper down, toilet paper stuck to his shoe
"Snoop, you know how were going to start the age?"

Snoop giggles and says "no, but look, PHNX thinks were messing with them"
they all laugh and gather round venge' laptop
"dude, tweek the sabbing code" Snoop laughs and shoves another chip in his mouth, spilling the crumbs on Fury' back
"no no" andyt giggles "next time he Posts, have him Neg repped, from everyone!"

they all grab their bellies and laugh hysterically

"NO NO NO, omg wait" says snoop, inhaling deeply as he tries to talk through the laughter " make it so when he posts on GuA
he gets in only one time, all the time and ban him!"

they all fall to the floor in laughter
"wait wait, this is even better" says venge" have pig start losing rep, randomly, in the thousands!!!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA is all u can hear from the room as the men sit around and laugh

"i wet myself" says fury as he looks down at the spot on the front of his pants

"DAMN IT, this is serious" yells Venge.
"we must start this age, and soon, so when, and how"..he stares off...smiling a bit...his eyes lost in the shadows of the room

"ENOUGH!!" Snoop slams his hand down on the table, chips fly everywhere, venge looks horrified and scurries to save the flailing chips, giving fury a harsh look.

he spins around and grabs his laptop, "everyone now! we.....START IT!" Snoop hair dramatically falls in front of his left eye, fury pauses and then motions to the others to do the same

snoop grabs his bag of chips and laptop and hurries to the kitchen table, the light swings from the ceiling, casting an eerie shadow to and frow on the wall and floor
fury and venge stare at each other and relize the other 2 are not there

fury throws a twinkie at snoop
andyt looks down..and mumbles something about cupcakes and not twinkies
venge motions for snoop to come to the kitchen

Tap...where the hell is Tap...

FLUSHHHHHHHHHHH

Tapchou canters out from the bathroom hands on hips, proud of his bathroom efforts
"andyt!!" yells Snoop, his head spins around to the left,
"Snoop!! grab yor laptop, ive decided to start it NOW" his head spins back to the right, "HURRY!"

the light in the kitchens swings slower now, all the men have their laptops ready

they sit.
Crunch...Crunch...Crunch....

"fury...can u STOP eating for one moment" says andyt as he looks out from his unibrow
"im sorry, you know how nervous i get when we do this, i need to eat"
he shoves another chip into his mouth and hurridly wipes the crumbs from his face

"okay, now we all need to push enter at the same time, servers go online and we start the game" Tapchou looks at the others as he exercises his index finger
venge cracks his knuckles and brushes his hair off to the side dramatically and purses his lips

"cant i just play a bit more" fury inquires, "HEY! lets take away Vrasp's tbg every other turn" he giggles to himself, everyone else just glares at him, and watches him shove a handful of chips in his mouth.

venge stares off following the shadow on the floor made by the light fixture swaying to and fro
his eyes glass over

fury dances around in his seat, crossing and uncrossing his legs frantically while grimmacing

"okay lets do this" says Snoop as a hush falls over the room..heholds his index finger up and smiles at the rest of the men surrounding the table,fury dancing, venge drooling and Tapchou staring off into some sort of space

Tap gets up and runs to the bathroom " i GOTTA peeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Snoop slams his fist on the table
"DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT, we have been trying to do this since Mid March, REMEMBER this was supposed to be the *START and surprise everyone age*" Snoop glares at andyt
venge falls to the floor stil starring, he looks at fury, fury shoves his face in his bag "i dont know nuttin Snoop"

" i cant take this damn it!!!!!"
Snoop runs outside and throws himself onto his knees, fists up to the air he yells as loud as he can to the night sky

Tapchou comes to the door with his bag of chips

"Does this mean i can screw with the top 5 again?" throws a handful of chips in his mouth and wipes the grease off on ihs pants

"Snoop??...you okay...."

Snoop turns around and shuts the door....

Crunch.........

I'll start when everyone has givenupalready >_>

kavallier
1st April 2010, 08:18 AM
R1DD1CK you're truely something else...

andyt683
1st April 2010, 08:37 AM
Why the hell did I read that?

cavalier5
1st April 2010, 11:19 AM
Why the hell did I read that?

Lol. This age it would be snoop amd tapchou only.