PDA

View Full Version : Turns Cap? To be or not to be?

Tapchou
7th March 2010, 05:44 PM
I was speaking earlier with several people who have access to the developer channel of Age 4 (#Age4-Dev) and a random discussion of turns being capped come up.

I just wondered what your opinions on the subject are, I'm not saying capped turns will be in Age 4, I'm just interested in what the community thinks of the feature.

Pauly_D
7th March 2010, 05:46 PM
no poll?

i think about 2500 ish

MaXpaD
8th March 2010, 03:55 AM
I'd say no cap mostly because I don't really use my turns but on the other hand if people start using their turns early I'd have to bank less, because they'd be running low on turns.

rabbitohs
8th March 2010, 04:59 AM
If you impliment them, it will ruin the bank turns the whole age and burn in the end stratergy that some people play when they dont have time to run a large account.

Although it will hard some fakes?

MaXpaD
8th March 2010, 08:10 AM
Might reduce masses as well. I mean 5 turns would become very valuable.

snoop
8th March 2010, 08:52 AM
Personally I'm indifferent on this one and more inclined to see what the players think.

MaXpaD
8th March 2010, 11:46 AM
Personally I'm indifferent on this one and more inclined to see what the players think.

Ouch that hurt, I consider myself a player =/.
lulz

Anyways I really can't call on much gaming experience, I mean I've only played Age 2 and age 3 2/3, but both ages I've waited til a couple months in to start using my turns.
Age 2 I played this game for what it is, a war game. I'd chain and mass all players on sab list but had I not had turns saved up, sabbing would have become unrepairable.
I made it my endeavor to chain and then repair my damages by farming the alliance I was warring.

But just to be fair, if you do cap the turn limit I'll ultimately change my playing style. Who knows it might be more fun slaying throughout the age and not just waiting til the end.

snoop
8th March 2010, 01:43 PM
I didn't mean I was excluding your opinion by that... I was merely stating my views on the issue as a whole. Whatever the result of this thread is we'll figure it out.

steward69
11th March 2010, 01:19 PM
i dont think putting a cap on turns is a good idea but i do think if the account hasnt been on for a time (say 4 day) turns stop to build up maybe

cata-ro
11th March 2010, 01:33 PM
I am for Turns Cap and like a limit 1k that should be 3 weeks(21*48=1008)
But manny will not agree with a limit to turns,I start to use my turns after 1 week maybe 2 weeks will not affect me and i like to use the turns all age not only in the last weeks.
With turns limited to a number maybe will be more gold in the end of the age to because when the admins announce the end of the age is very hard to find gold.They ar manny players with 2-5k turns that start to burn the turns in the last month or only in the last 2 weeks when they see that the age will be over and the gold on the field will be less with 30-40 % like normal days.

Gambino
11th March 2010, 10:01 PM
I am against a turn cap on active players. There are a few things to consider when choosing to cap or not to cap.

1) Multis who make second accounts to bank turns and slay for the sake of sell-off later in the age. The fake account could be dormant for weeks then spend thousands of turns to sell-off to real account. This would be my main concern with capping.
IMO Solution: Including vacation mode, cap turns after (X) Days inactive. Say I go inactive for 3 days, after the 72nd hour, I get no more turns until I log in and/ or click a captcha. Maybe even (X) amount of logins and/ or captcha clicks before turns are given. Then the turn countdown begins again. This may make fakes easier to spot.

a) EoA multis. Fakes made when EoA is announced.
Solution: Once EoA is announced, cap turns on new players. Plus previous solution of inactive = cap.

4) Banking turns is a vital strategy to some players. Saving until they have enough SA for someone to recon for them. Then they go on a 2 day rampage. Also, for some players like Vrasp, who have 14quabillion TFF, attacking is not really an optinon. Vrasp has the forced opportunity to save turns and if he sees fit, can downtrain at anytime and use those turns finally.

B) 5*1 masses which are harsh attacks when done properly, would be less abundant and alter war strategies. Capping would come close to eliminating 5*1's.
Possible solution if capping is done: Alter the probe, or add a 'Mass' option to the attack.php. When done, the victim is attacked with 1 turn (available only every 24 hours) but suffers 5x the soldier losses along with gold losses. On the contrary, the attacker would also suffer 5x the soldiers and damages.

1) Breaking SA. Capping turns could possibly force someone to recycle and/ or break sabbed SA prematurely once their turn limit is reached.

These are just a few flip flop suggestions and thoughts. May be more, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

M3J
11th March 2010, 10:05 PM
No turn caps. It limits many people. There are many who are very active but not choose to attack. It's unfair to them.

Da_D_Master
12th March 2010, 12:57 AM
I say no caps.

Caps force to people to attack, whom normally wouldn't want to, in order to do well in the game (not waste turns). I for one do not like to be forced to do anything, i like to save turns for later in the age when the TBG/Gold has built up a fair amount.
I could say right now that if limits were put in, i would probably quit, cause limiting is just not my style and i like my current method of play.

streak
12th March 2010, 11:32 AM
If you limit the amount of turns it takes several aspects out of this game. It will further protect sabbers cause very few are going to want to waste turns probing them to kill off their coverts. Also, it will limit people like myself who dont have time to run an allinace and also be always looking for hits for themselves. Im against limiting it. A lot of people recover faster from a war by saving their turns to rebuild after the war. It can be pointless for a ranker to use a bunch of turns during a war only to have a sabber sab it down. But that is all strategy cause I also think people who use their turns all age end up with better acounts in the end. not to mention if you limit the amount of turns, people will begin to hit for less while trying to use their turns and attacking will be less worthwhile and wars will increase maybe cause people get tired of low hits. Its all about the strategy of the game. If you want to make it more simple and with less strategy then deffinately limit the amount of turns a person should have. You could simplify it even more by limiting how much we can click too. :P

Streak

biglou250
12th March 2010, 12:23 PM
Turns caps suck for active players. As many have already said, its all apart of an individual players strategy and how they choose to play the game. Maybe they want to click and bank for the first 2 months of the age and burn turns later. They should have just as many turns to use as the guy that wanted to burn their turns earlier in the age.

IMO Solution: Including vacation mode, cap turns after (X) Days inactive. Say I go inactive for 3 days, after the 72nd hour, I get no more turns until I log in and/ or click a captcha. Maybe even (X) amount of logins and/ or captcha clicks before turns are given. Then the turn countdown begins again. This may make fakes easier to spot.

^A very good idea. I'd say 3 days of inactivity would be a good number to cap turns. The game should favor the active players, not the guys that made account on day one only to burn their turns with a week left of the age.

snoop
12th March 2010, 06:09 PM
Alright, so it looks like the outcome here is no turns cap. However, during vacation mode, turns will not continue to accrue (I think this should already have been the case in age 3, but it will be the case in age 4).

Pyrorazer
12th March 2010, 08:21 PM
Alright, so it looks like the outcome here is no turns cap. However, during vacation mode, turns will not continue to accrue (I think this should already have been the case in age 3, but it will be the case in age 4).

Turns have always been capped while in VAC mode... well for as long as i remember, but i think what there talking about is if the player hasnt loged in.. ther turns should stop..

kavallier
12th March 2010, 09:16 PM
cap that shit...
don't use 'em ya lose 'em...
slaying is all part of playing the game and capping the turns will make some accounts actually play more as opposed to just logging in to bank
Not every age needs to be the same... capping turns will develop new strategies to stay on top... maybe not make the game the same ol' slur every age?
diversify a bit... see where it takes us...