PDA

View Full Version : Future of ROC

CyberPunk
27th February 2010, 03:04 AM
so...just out of curiosity are you going to keep playing/supporting ROC?

Octo
27th February 2010, 03:58 AM
People who vote no either already stopped, or are emo's.

Vrasp
27th February 2010, 05:26 AM
So...what prompted this poll? Kinda random.

CyberPunk
28th February 2010, 10:16 PM
well mainly the nonexistence of age 4 beta nearly 3 months after the launch of age 3 2/3 and the fact that the game gets a little old after a while.

Vrasp
28th February 2010, 10:23 PM
Ah...well for me, I guess we'll see what I think if/when the Age 4 beta appears.

rabbitohs
1st March 2010, 12:50 AM
Im playing age 4 and seeing how that is. Then ill reconsider.

sems_back
1st March 2010, 04:24 AM
With my new work commitments, don't think I can play next age, working 6 days a week, limited access during working hours and only an hour a day when I get home to click, prolly not worth my while.

C Henry
2nd March 2010, 05:02 PM
Why play the game that is obviously pro admin/admin friends who are allowed to pass by.

andyt683
2nd March 2010, 05:57 PM
Why play the game that is obviously pro admin/admin friends who are allowed to pass by.

Yes, because forcing other staff to get rid of their accounts or lose their rank is pro-us. Yes. Mmmmhmmm. Oh wait....

I think I posted in the Age 4 Beta thread about the complexities of writing a game entirely from scratch and still using industry best practices. The short of it is that it sucks, and deadlines are the last of your worries.

Camisado
2nd March 2010, 11:01 PM
No.

M3J
2nd March 2010, 11:04 PM
Yes. Need to do something to pass time. And community is the only reason that makes me wanna play, to be honest. Which is quite ironic as I think community is the basis of many problems we have.

MrHappy
3rd March 2010, 04:00 PM
Voted yes, as the future is bright :)

STARBLASTER
4th March 2010, 07:20 PM
Voted no.
Love the game as it is so feature rich but I can't stand another age like this one.
Rat packs of themselves are no biggy but when the pack contains practically all
the admins and moderators one can be forgiven for being more than a little wary.
Could I suddenly be accused of cheating and have my account deleted ?
Admins should not have time to play save to test for bugs but an account moderator
at number 2 rank just stinks.
I sent 2 messages to a high ranker and got suspended for 5 days.
For circumventing the ingame parser and harrasment...lol
1. Welcome back Mr Happy
2. Welcome back Mr d i c k
This game is great but the powers suck.

OutlawDragon
4th March 2010, 07:54 PM
Voted no.
Love the game as it is so feature rich but I can't stand another age like this one.
the admins and moderators one can be forgiven for being more than a little wary.
Admins should not have time to play save to test for bugs but an account moderator
1. Welcome back Mr Happy

What do you expect the mods/admins to do? sit around and do nothing while everyone else plays? Its not like they get paid. The whole reason they are doing that is they love the game and love to play it. If you think they are cheating thats your problem. I think they are doing a good job. Mabye instead of just complaining about them you should get on IRC and talk to them. You'll find they they are great people. (Tapchou excluded of course)
Mabye you should'nt break the rules if you don't want to get banned.

STARBLASTER
4th March 2010, 08:53 PM
Outlaw...I don't doubt they are great guys and I never said they weren't.

andyt683
4th March 2010, 11:21 PM
Voted no.
1. Welcome back Mr Happy

Hang on, lets take this issue by issue.

We have lives, and they don't revolve around coding the game. This is a part-time diversion, and playing the fruits of our labor is kinda the point. Furthermore, the Age 3 code is relatively mature. It has a few known non-critical bugs, and those have been shelved as development on Age 4 continues. Bug fixing is a non-issue, except when I attempt to add a feature at 3am and accidentally cause a rollback. Playing the game is also how we find the bugs. If we log in, bank, and log out, we'll never find that bug that happens after you sab 250 people in a row. (Hint: it changes your name to Rulemachine, and you gain double spy power. We're not sure why it does this.)

If you're referring to cliques when you say a rat pack (I'm assuming Sinatra doesn't play from beyond the grave), then yes, there's a rather large clique and it's been around long before RoC existed. Luckily for everyone, it's a pretty outgoing clique, and spans multiple alliances that are often on opposing sides. We're always looking to add more people to our cool kids clique, as long as you're willing to hang out and chat a bit.

High rankers are the ones who know the rules, and know how to get a hold of us quickly if someone breaks those rules. Sending a message and having it filtered is a great indication that you shouldn't be sending that message. Doing it again, and purposely bypassing the word filter is just plain old asking for trouble. Sending it to a high ranker who can report messages without the long-awaited "Report Message" button (it's coming, I swear!) is not just asking for trouble, but walking up and punching it in the face.

The problem for you isn't the powers-that-be playing, it's that the powers-that-be apparently did their job.

STARBLASTER
5th March 2010, 01:50 AM
Andy I am very glad you didn't take anything personally. I wish you well and hope you can reintroduce some low bandwidth ads
and make money because you guys have certainly put some effort into all of this.
I must say that despite your assertion that I paid a proper penalty for my rule infringement I would never report a player
for insulting me. It would have to be some kind of death threat to get me moving.
No biggy Andy. I should really thank you because I can now move on from these games. I started in Age 2 KOC and moved to ROC
when it started. I can finally move on.
I wish you well.

RichOahu_ES
5th March 2010, 01:59 AM
t0m

came back

maybe i will play again to play with him, who knows what will happen......

damn him.. i had sold off, the next day he came back.. only reason i have played on before this is the people in ES, so many have left...... so maybe one last hurah with t0m and friends.....

where is the maybe button to choose?

MrHappy
5th March 2010, 02:19 AM
Andy I am very glad you didn't take anything personally. I wish you well and hope you can reintroduce some low bandwidth ads
and make money because you guys have certainly put some effort into all of this.
I must say that despite your assertion that I paid a proper penalty for my rule infringement I would never report a player
for insulting me. It would have to be some kind of death threat to get me moving.
No biggy Andy. I should really thank you because I can now move on from these games. I started in Age 2 KOC and moved to ROC
when it started. I can finally move on.
I wish you well.

STAR! I get the impression your not having fun :(

As for RoC Generating money I stumbled upon this, http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.ruinsofchaos.com :rambo:

STARBLASTER
5th March 2010, 05:24 AM
Happy enough Mr Happy.
Cute link.
Tried www.kingsofchaos.com and it is only worth $27k ...lol
ROC is doing very well by comparison.

Valheru_Prince
5th March 2010, 05:26 PM
I will if a new age starts soon. This one is dragging on for too long. If age 4 isn't finished yet, so be it but let a new age start anyway. people can have a fresh start, new players can decide to compete. People can switch clans and meet new people etc etc.

Just start Age 3 5/6 or something soon?

stonewall
5th March 2010, 11:27 PM
t0m

came back

maybe i will play again to play with him, who knows what will happen......

I can't post what i want i want but everyone can read it the way you really mean it

Jankster
6th March 2010, 04:08 AM
i think I understanded that one Stone!
I also cant say what I mean on this forum!
get totally neg rep and risk a ban all the time, sad really! I dont have any proxy, I dont run any multi, I dont use any scripts!
But I play Stone-Key-t0msky! thats what I do I play!
I asked Dennis long ago, I also asked rouen, tap1
the only thing I asked was:
Lets play fair, let us do the the game as its suposed to be played!

Aye warlords Of RoC we play next age okay?
I will give you hell again so!
riddick you should listen to this, better than the pigman song:
http://www.youtube.com/user/enyatv?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/12/8rWyNFiKq2A

RichOahu_ES
6th March 2010, 04:07 PM
so bitter stone

i want to play the game with one of the best that ever played. but in your sick mind you read something else. i joined ES because of t0m and a few others.

i would of left the game long ago if not for the people in ES.

anyway

MrHappy
6th March 2010, 06:40 PM
i think I understanded that one Stone!
I also cant say what I mean on this forum!
I've allways spoke my mind (even when I was out of it)

I dont have any proxy, I dont run any multi, I dont use any scripts!
This is why I allways will choose to play allong side you as your the most honest REALplayer I ever had the privilage to fight allong side.

But I play Stone-Key-t0msky! thats what I do I play!
I asked Dennis long ago, I also asked rouen, tap1
the only thing I asked was:
Lets play fair, let us do the the game as its suposed to be played!
I dunno the polotics of the game, nor do I know how or why someone would want to play other than fair, I also just "Play"

Aye warlords Of RoC we play next age okay?
I will give you hell again so!
LoL, I think Shakespere said it better.

KING HENRY V:
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;

riddick you should listen to this, better than the pigman song:
http://www.youtube.com/user/enyatv?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/12/8rWyNFiKq2A
I like this one more so, being a welshie an' all :wigglinge
yyR1c7CWCQw

meekpig
6th March 2010, 06:52 PM
so bitter stone

i want to play the game with one of the best that ever played. but in your sick mind you read something else. i joined ES because of t0m and a few others.

i would of left the game long ago if not for the people in ES.

anyway

You really do love to suck toms dick, does it taste good or cheesy?

And I will be playing just to fuck up ES once again, it's my favourite waste of time

RichOahu_ES
6th March 2010, 07:34 PM
there we go piggy

much better!!

SleepingDragon
7th March 2010, 03:13 AM
You really do love to suck toms dick, does it taste good or cheesy?

Why can't it be good AND cheesy at the same time? Not a fan of cow byproducts Mr. Pig?

MrHappy
7th March 2010, 04:43 PM
Why can't it be good AND cheesy at the same time? Not a fan of cow byproducts Mr. Pig?

Like a "ritz" biscuit?
Pig is a biscuit? Eww.. Dunno if I could nibble him.