PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of the external clicks top list.

Valheru_Prince
22nd February 2010, 07:57 AM
Top External Clicks This Age
Inktank Recruits Rank
RUSH [VS] 1,711 1
maft [VS/NYX] 1,625 2
Vrasp [DN] 1,005 3
laxx [UW] 533 4
BeardedLady [BL] 481 5

Officers (some of the people that are recruited will be officers right?)

RUSH: 8
maft: 0
Vrasp: 87 (also some from chain merge but nevermind)
laxx 0
BeardedLady: 6 (but sure as hell not all new people)

Conclusion, Vrasp knows how to get people in this game (not active but they at least keep accounts alive) but all others have only profited from the soldier boost without helping the game.

Mayb the external click reward isn't worth it?

Vrasp
22nd February 2010, 08:06 AM
Inktank Recruits Rank
RUSH [VS] 1,711 1
maft [VS/NYX] 1,625 2
Vrasp [DN] 1,005 3
laxx [UW] 533 4
BeardedLady [BL] 481 5

Officers (some of the people that are recruited will be officers right?)

RUSH: 8
maft: 0
Vrasp: 87 (also some from chain merge but nevermind)
laxx 0
BeardedLady: 6 (but sure as hell not all new people)

Conclusion, Vrasp knows how to get people in this game (not active but they at least keep accounts alive) but all others have only profited from the soldier boost without helping the game.

Mayb the external click reward isn't worth it?

Nope, I can't keep them in either! They just signed up within the last two weeks. =P

andyt683
22nd February 2010, 08:34 AM
You're talking about both removing the Top External list, as well as the external bonus. I can see one going away, but not the other.

From a game healthiness standpoint, we need externals. If all we do is recruit people already playing to be our officers, we'll never recoup the losses from people leaving due to real life/boredom/exploding pants syndrome. A fair amount of churn is to be expected, and we need some mechanism to bring in new players.

Removing the top list is probably a fair to middling idea, it doesn't really affect things one way or the other, but does allow moderators a one-stop shop for finding out scammy players :)

ThomasA
22nd February 2010, 08:55 AM
Hmm, Does this list encourage competition? Do people strive to be No 1 at it?

NardHipples
22nd February 2010, 04:14 PM
some of them brought tons of new people to the game, the people just didn't like the game so they went inactive after the 2 week period.

meekpig
22nd February 2010, 04:20 PM
some of them brought tons of new people to the game, the people just didn't like the game so they went inactive after the 2 week period.

Mr Nard, that is very harsh :( the game is wonderful, and I so wish people like you would just stop with your nasty words :shame: the admins/mods may take offence, and since they do such a great job I for one would not like to see their feelings hurt, so please stop with your silly nonsense.

blazed420
22nd February 2010, 06:59 PM
Mr Nard, that is very harsh :( the game is wonderful, and I so wish people like you would just stop with your nasty words :shame: the admins/mods may take offence, and since they do such a great job I for one would not like to see their feelings hurt, so please stop with your silly nonsense.

Looks like pigsfoot has turned over a new leaf. Still need more admin/mod love in your posts, dont you think? :P :1poke:

meekpig
22nd February 2010, 07:12 PM
Looks like pigsfoot has turned over a new leaf. Still need more admin/mod love in your posts, dont you think? :P :1poke:

I agree Mr Blaze, there has been far to much negativity towards our beloved admins/mods in recent weeks, never let us forget these people give up their spare time to run this wonderful game, who are we to question them? we are nothing, we mustn't forget that for one minute, thank you very much admins/mods for this incredible game :<3:

Tapchou
22nd February 2010, 07:14 PM
There will be no more bonuses for recruit links in Age 4, they will simply be used to sign up an officer (friend/family/whatever) and get them under you as an officer and in your alliance automatically but nothing more than that.

About a month ago I looked at the current use of them and it turned out that most of the people who have signed up via a recruit link only logged in once and de-activated 2 weeks later (automated to clean up the battlefield).

So, myself and snoop come to the conclusion that the days of needing to get people to sign-up under your link for a bonus is long gone.

meekpig
22nd February 2010, 07:18 PM
There will be no more bonuses for recruit links in Age 4, they will simply be used to sign up an officer (friend/family/whatever) and get them under you as an officer and in your alliance automatically but nothing more than that.

About a month ago I looked at the current use of them and it turned out that most of the people who have signed up via a recruit link only logged in once and de-activated 2 weeks later (automated to clean up the battlefield).

So, myself and snoop come to the conclusion that the days of needing to get people to sign-up under your link for a bonus is long gone.

Now that is just great Administering, fantastic, thank you Tapchou, you and snoop are doing a brilliant job :<3:

R1DD1CK
22nd February 2010, 07:26 PM
Now that is just great Administering, fantastic, thank you Tapchou, you and snoop are doing a brilliant job :<3:

You, I don't like :(

Funk off with your pretence. You remind me of (Someone who I cant remember the name of as it was so long ago)

andyt683
22nd February 2010, 07:28 PM

I second this.

R1DD1CK
22nd February 2010, 07:33 PM
iT WAS A sTEPHEN kING NAME. sUMMIT LIKE THE GOOD MAN, tHE HONEST MAN.

oH How I hate caps!

But I know you and I won't let you.

meekpig
22nd February 2010, 07:35 PM
You, I don't like :(

Funk off with your pretence. You remind me of (Someone who I cant remember the name of as it was so long ago)

Mr R1DD1CK, I think you don't like me :( I love you, infact I love everyone on GUA, stop being mean to me :nono:

R1DD1CK
22nd February 2010, 07:41 PM
John Farsten! HA!!!!

cavalier5
22nd February 2010, 07:45 PM
I think the admins need to get paid 25 centz a hour for all their hardwork.

meekpig
22nd February 2010, 07:47 PM
John Farsten! HA!!!!

Mr R1DD1CK, how dare you call me John Farsten! ok that was too aggressive, sorry, what I meant was I'm not this John Farsten you call me, I'm pigsfoot, but the new admin fixed pigsfoot, the new improved pigsfoot, I have learned the better ways of posting.

Vrasp
22nd February 2010, 08:31 PM
Mr R1DD1CK, how dare you call me John Farsten! ok that was too aggressive, sorry, what I meant was I'm not this John Farsten you call me, I'm pigsfoot, but the new admin fixed pigsfoot, the new improved pigsfoot, I have learned the better ways of posting.

Oh God, it's like reverse trolling. Incredible!

andyt683
22nd February 2010, 09:15 PM
Oh God, it's like reverse trolling. Incredible!

His sarcasm is delicious, even if aimed at us. Its a lot better than being offensive. I give it a few weeks before he either gets so awesome at it, no one knows if he's kidding or not, or goes back to being himself.

KyleCias
23rd February 2010, 01:18 AM

RIGHT! yep the bonus should be taken off...
RIGHT! This will encourage people to recruite external players...

i dont think people will spend time or use their time to recruite new players to the game if there is nothing they get back...

This enternal click will affect the game and future of new ages.
I gaurantee you.. most of the enternal recruiters(players who are recruiting) spent so much of their time to recruit players and they have good idea how to plan their strategy.

Everything will be a spoil and people will be leaving the game instead of joining :)

good luck.

Pauly_D
23rd February 2010, 02:36 AM

then reason they are getting rid of it is because people who join because of the external link dont stay in the game, as someone who has made use of this i would have thought you would have noticed it as well?

C Henry
23rd February 2010, 05:03 AM
then reason they are getting rid of it is because people who join because of the external link dont stay in the game, as someone who has made use of this i would have thought you would have noticed it as well?

And people who cold call usually get hung up on. Probably should go kill ourselves now because most people decide to not go with what everyone wants.

trebach
23rd February 2010, 09:36 AM
The reason they don't stay in the game is because the links are usually spread by spamming runs on other sites, so the players that join the game probably wouldn't care for it anyway.

Pauly_D
23rd February 2010, 10:31 AM
The reason they don't stay in the game is because the links are usually spread by spamming runs on other sites, so the players that join the game probably wouldn't care for it anyway.

exactly thats my point, people do it for the extra clicks they get by people signing up with their link. Take for an example the person who has had the most from this this age
RUSH [VS] 1,711 1
Rush has had 1711 people sign up because of external clicks so at 614 clicks per person he has gained over 1 Million soldiers because of this and he currently only has 2 officers.

Tapchou
23rd February 2010, 10:35 AM

i dont think people will spend time or use their time to recruite new players to the game if there is nothing they get back...

This enternal click will affect the game and future of new ages.
I gaurantee you.. most of the enternal recruiters(players who are recruiting) spent so much of their time to recruit players and they have good idea how to plan their strategy.

Everything will be a spoil and people will be leaving the game instead of joining :)

good luck.

You know, if I'm to be honest... all I saw there was "I bitch, I bitch and I bitch".

Anyway... I'm the person with the statistics and I'm the person also telling you that the number of people who have signed up with the link and have logged in more than 3 times is countable on 2 hands.

Recruit links will still remain in the game, you just won't get a bonus any longer, it's being legitimately abused.

"so much of their time to recruit players" --> the current top 5 actually most likely spent 5 minutes 'setting it up', we do log where all these people come from too, but of course, you're the player and you know more that I do!

C Henry
23rd February 2010, 11:28 AM
You know, if I'm to be honest... all I saw there was "I bitch, I bitch and I bitch".

Anyway... I'm the person with the statistics and I'm the person also telling you that the number of people who have signed up with the link and have logged in more than 3 times is countable on 2 hands.

Recruit links will still remain in the game, you just won't get a bonus any longer, it's being legitimately abused.

"so much of their time to recruit players" --> the current top 5 actually most likely spent 5 minutes 'setting it up', we do log where all these people come from too, but of course, you're the player and you know more that I do!

To me the figures are actually accurate. I'm not sure the total amount of external clicks given on the game this age, but if its a multiple of 500 to 1000 above the people who are active than thats what you would expect.

Giving up on it is like getting an insurance job and quitting because you got only 1-2 policies after talking to 500-1000 people.

Vrasp
23rd February 2010, 01:53 PM
What about if you only got a bonus for players who signed up, activated, and did certain things in game (click? buy weapons? use x amount of turns? you decide!)

NardHipples
23rd February 2010, 05:16 PM
just cut the bonus in half or something.. hell only 3 people really profited from the externals enough to matter anyway

steward69
23rd February 2010, 05:49 PM
errr this makes sense the only way the game getting any new players we getting rid of high5 even 1 in a 1000 is better than 0 simple maths admins spose we dont want hits on your site

Zues
24th February 2010, 12:08 AM
How about commanders get 1 (or more?) cc everytime their officers login, that way it still provides a reason to recruit outside but more importantly means people cant just abuse the system, that they have to recruit an active officer, how many times would people log into this on average per age? 1k times? 1k troops seems a little weak so maybe more

Vrasp
24th February 2010, 01:55 AM
What about if you only got a bonus for players who signed up, activated, and did certain things in game (click? buy weapons? use x amount of turns? you decide!)

Partial bonus every time your recruit gets another bonus point could be a different way to go about it.

andyt683
24th February 2010, 07:19 AM
Or, give a bonus if the person signing up reaches a rank of 500 or better. That's pretty doable nowadays, and if the commander was just boosting the account, it would cost more than any soldier gains.

skynet
24th February 2010, 01:22 PM

bit of an oxymoron isn't it - legitimately abused...

good job on getting rid of this feature... do you know what dunbar's number is?... google it, it's quite revealing... ;)

andyt683
24th February 2010, 02:31 PM
bit of an oxymoron isn't it - legitimately abused...

good job on getting rid of this feature... do you know what dunbar's number is?... google it, it's quite revealing... ;)

If you had read into that, instead of just googling it, you'd see that concept is mostly for nonhuman primates and deals with social grooming. In other words, intimate social contact, where you personally know someone. In the internet age, people "friend" over 1,000 people on Facebook routinely. The amount of people you know in passing is even larger, and one well placed link in a large community you're active (and known in) can receive several thousand click throughs. You don't have to remember their birthday to recruit them to play an online game.

meekpig
25th February 2010, 06:23 PM
If you had read into that, instead of just googling it, you'd see that concept is mostly for nonhuman primates and deals with social grooming. In other words, intimate social contact, where you personally know someone. In the internet age, people "friend" over 1,000 people on Facebook routinely. The amount of people you know in passing is even larger, and one well placed link in a large community you're active (and known in) can receive several thousand click throughs. You don't have to remember their birthday to recruit them to play an online game.

Mr Andy is right skynet, admins are rarely wrong you should know that :shame: the bonus to get new recruits is a fantastic idea, why would anyone abuse that? that would be stupid, after all it is only 614 soldiers per click, as apposed to 1 soldier per click via the recruiter, again why on earth would you think anyone would abuse that?

skynet
27th February 2010, 02:36 AM

if you lived in the real world as well as you live in the cyber world, you would know that i wouldn't have to google it since it's been highly topical in the press and being discussed by real people at work, in the pub and places like that.... those people you call your friends on facebook, twitter and irc and stuff.... they're not really your friends or acquaintances you know... that's the point that i was making.. :icon10:

KyleCias
28th February 2010, 05:16 AM

I agree with you Taps, But the people who join to play the game via external link and choose not play is not liable to the inviter. I would recommend to keep the external bonus lower to 50% of current bonus and give bonus if they are signed up. If you taken offexternal link bonus completely, then people who are external link inviters will be choosing to leave or find something else to do.

Just imagine, not able to get new players and lose old people due their personal problems...
This game will be end up with people who are likely to play for few months.. you can see that not many oldbie plays this game as we talk. Most of them gone inactive or quit.

Just because some one stood up to say.. they cant get external link clicked or get new players. We will lose up on lots of new players, its also helps the game advert too. if they click on those advert links in the game etc...

i dunno.. i am not too concern about this situation, ADMINs can choose what they want and whats best for the future of this game.

:bash-lol: