PDA

View Full Version : KoC Shutting Down?

KillerK
17th February 2010, 09:15 AM
Hi guys,
I received an email today apparently from Rocco entitled "KoC Account". I'll paste the email in it's entirety down below:

Hello KillerK,

We regret to inform you that Kings of Chaos will be shutting down permanently.

Kings Of Chaos was started as a high school project many years ago and has evolved into much more, it is now a striving community of active players, we started this project to enhance our knowledge in website building and feel we have accomplished it. As you may have noticed the past 3 months the game has been on a steady decline, as well as our servers being put under more and more stress that has interrupted game play.

We have decided that as none of our team has sufficient time to maintain the game or the servers, it is time for us to terminate the project. We understand that they is a huge community of active gamers playing, and in an effort to keep the community together, we would live to offer you an alternative to Kings Of Chaos, http://ruinsofchaos.com

is an online game that is based on Kings Of Chaos which has many of the qualities Kings Of Chaos has. It also shares the forums we use (http://www.giveupalready.com

) so we assume some of you may already be playing.

Thanks for playing!

Rocco
Kings of Chaos Webmaster

from Rocco@kingsofchaos.com
reply-to rocco@kingsofchaos.com
to ******@****.com
date Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:02 AM
subject Kings of Chaos Account

Any idea if it's legit or not? Looks kinda iffy to me...

Edit by ThomasA:

Update on KoC homepage:

News
February 17th, 2010
Evil rumors abound in the land of chaos! Scouts have reported to us that some deceptive evildoers have been spreading the word that Kings of Chaos will be closing down and directing players to another website. Please rest assured that Kings of Chaos is alive and well and will not be closing down!

3ddy
17th February 2010, 09:21 AM
looks legit to me
i guess it has reached its time
RIP KoC

Baigo
17th February 2010, 09:23 AM
I also received it, congrats admins for the hard desition. Thanks for the countless hours of fun and gameplay.

Baigo

Lopina
17th February 2010, 09:23 AM
AFAIK, this could be an elaborate hoax manufactured by people who hacked KoC the other day.

HellBoy
17th February 2010, 09:25 AM
It's been fun playing this game =)

Thank you Rocco for the "effort" you've put in this game.. We enjoyed it, it was part of our lives, and gave us the chance to meet a lot of friends and good people. The journey ends here, I guess. It was fun, as it lasted.

Good luck to all!

HB

KillerK
17th February 2010, 09:27 AM
AFAIK, this could be an elaborate hoax manufactured by people who hacked KoC the other day.

That was my first thought as well.

iLuke28
17th February 2010, 09:27 AM
I also got the email.

It doesn't seem like a hoax.... however, there's no date specified for when it will be going down. Surely, if it were to be closing down, Rocco would have given a date - probably the end of the age?

Professor
17th February 2010, 09:31 AM
I'd be very surprised if this is a genuine email. Just because it says it's from rocco@kingsofchaos.com does not necessarily mean it is. Besides which, if someone can ban loads of accounts through a "bug" maybe they could send emails from Rocco's address through another "bug."

Another point, would KoC Admins tell us all to go play RoC? I doubt it lol...

I'd also imagine the most sensible place for this to be announced would be the KoC home page, and also through those red coloured in-game messages. Emails of this kind would be the easiest to fake I'd imagine.

iLuke28
17th February 2010, 09:35 AM
I dunno though. I mean, if they are closing, there's no harm in sending away players?

I agree it could be yet another hoax... But in fairness, it wouldn't be a stretch to believe that the admins have reached the end of their tether with KoC. I mean, it's been going for a good while - the players are down, so too are the profits, the servers will be costing hundreds of dollars every month, and with only Rocco really able to make changes and such like... there's a lot of pressure on him to do that.

I hope it isn't shutting down, but it wouldn't come as much of a surprise. Can't wait for the official story though.

Phantomis
17th February 2010, 09:36 AM
The fact that it's in the spam folder makes it seem more like a hoax than anything :)

iLuke28
17th February 2010, 09:38 AM
The fact that it's in the spam folder makes it seem more like a hoax than anything :)

Mine didn't go to spam :O
Maybe my email doesn't care if I get spammed to hell =]

On another note - this game has never been short of one scandal or another! And it doesn't half bring people out of the woodwork =]

KillerK
17th February 2010, 09:38 AM
It appeared in my inbox which is why it struck me as odd. I would have disregarded if it appeared in my spam box.

Professor
17th February 2010, 09:39 AM
Well, we had the beta Age and all the new stuff with conquest etc this Age, so I'm not so sure it is an obvious time to close it down. The bannings weren't done by the admins, and I expect this hasn't been either. Weird way of going about it if it is ;)

Rebbaslik
17th February 2010, 09:39 AM
FAKE!

iLuke28
17th February 2010, 09:40 AM
It appeared in my inbox which is why it struck me as odd. I would have disregarded if it appeared in my spam box.

Yeah me too. This all seems a little too believable to me? Dunno what everyone else thinks. I can really believe the email sent, as it is written exactly like an email I'd expect if it were true.

Could still be a hoax, but surely there can't be that many exploits in the game lol? If so, why weren't they used before?

AxEHeaD15
17th February 2010, 09:40 AM
It is fake people, I did not get it, and there is bad grammar in the email. An official email would not have bad grammar.

All the gossip is just making it worse.

-AxE

iLuke28
17th February 2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah, just noticed those upon a second reading. Let's hope it is all fake then! I've clicked a lot this age... I'd hate to see it go to waste =]

Jarrad-
17th February 2010, 09:45 AM
FAKE

Professor
17th February 2010, 09:46 AM
I wonder how many people will read this, take it for real, and simply not bother logging in anymore?

Looks like someone is out there to kill off KoC, what with the bannings and now this.

Greek-Empire
17th February 2010, 09:46 AM
Received: from shaseb.example.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]) by shaseb.example.com

yes its a fake one, very old trick

Shane-
17th February 2010, 09:47 AM
[09:40] <&Remco-> Sha Seb = Shane Sebas

My last name, which is common knowledge is 'Mackenzie'.

regards
Shane

KillerK
17th February 2010, 09:47 AM
Ah I missed the grammatical errors, well that makes it seem more like a hoax plus the fact that there is no official announcement on the KoC home page only makes it seems to confirm that.

Phantomis
17th February 2010, 09:48 AM
I wonder how many people will read this, take it for real, and simply not bother logging in anymore?

Looks like someone is out there to kill off KoC, what with the bannings and now this.

my thoughts exactly.
Probably 10% of the people who saw they were banned won't bother trying to login anymore. Now less than 24h later, another 25% won't check on GUA or IRC. Maybe more.

But for my hotmail account, it went to my spam folder, so anyone who uses hotmail probably won't even see it.

regards
Shane

I knew that actually, and I'm not accusing, just posting all info that I see :D

SleepingDragon
17th February 2010, 09:50 AM

regards
Shane

That's what I thought. So who the hell is Shane Sebas? :shakes:

Also, lol @ people thinking they'd get their individual names in an email from KoC? It would prolly start with something like "To the valued members of the KoC community" or something like that. Seems about as fake as a pair of boobies at the Playboy Mansion.

iLuke28
17th February 2010, 09:50 AM
Ah I missed the grammatical errors, well that makes it seem more like a hoax plus the fact that there is no official announcement on the KoC home page only makes it seems to confirm that.

Yeah me too lol. My eyes must be getting old or something.

Originally Posted by alamt123
Why does everyone blame Shane for this?
Just cuz he's smarter than nearly every single KoC player, and does have the knowledge to things like this. Dosn't mean he would do such a thing. He's a great guy!
Now stop pointing fingers and go increase your stats.

^ ^ ^ ^ -> Yes Boss!

In fairness, I blame the puffins. It's inevitable that they will eventually inherit the Earth and reign for a thousand years.

Anyhow, KoC is back! Well, this time it never left. But still!

... Also, I know everyone is saying how it's odd that no news was posted on the main page.. if they have access to ban people through the bugs, surely they could use that same thing to post news? Who knows lol.

iLuke28
17th February 2010, 09:52 AM
That's what I thought. So who the hell is Shane Sebas? :shakes:

Also, lol @ people thinking they'd get their individual names in an email from KoC? It would prolly start with something like "To the valued members of the KoC community" or something like that. Seems about as fake as a pair of boobies at the Playboy Mansion.

That's what makes it all the more convincing. Because someone has access enough to the database, to be able to search for usernames by email address. Can't do that without access to the database.

So something like you suggested would be more suspect to me.

Professor
17th February 2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I think we're all wondering what next lol, but this latest email hoax (correct me if I'm wrong) is nothing to do with any poor security with KoC, but could be made to appear is though it came from any email address? Ah, but where did they get all the emails from... sounds like the database could still be vulnerable.

iLuke28
17th February 2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I think we're all wondering what next lol, but this latest email hoax (correct me if I'm wrong) is nothing to do with any poor security with KoC, but could be made to appear is though it came from any email address?

Yeah, but it's how they accessed the DB and attributed your KoC name to the email address you registered with. And how did they get access to the KoC DB?

That is very scary. Next thing, you'll log on and have 66,666 spy rating or something :P

Wulfric
17th February 2010, 09:54 AM
Kings of Chaos <noreply@kingsofchaos.com>

Previous mails were gotten from that ID.

Now it is clear that Rocco will have to send another email (or probably add it to Homepage, that KoC is not shutting down and it was just a hoax).

--

Well whoever did all the recent tricks, you have proved you can do it. Only question is.. Why be sadist and ruin it for everyone?

conflag
17th February 2010, 10:04 AM
wow, GG all.

Phantomis
17th February 2010, 10:05 AM
[10:04] <&Remco-> it are two names
[10:04] <&Remco-> Shane and Sebas

-> still not accusing, I actually like Shane. lol

ThomasA
17th February 2010, 10:09 AM
Read the rules before posting

+ If it were real im sure there would be a notice on front page.

Overlord
17th February 2010, 10:11 AM
I'd think so too.
But there was no notice on the front page when all those players were banned.

andyt683
17th February 2010, 10:15 AM
I may get into trouble for suggesting it... but since we were pointed to RoC in the email... do you not suppose that a player on there, or worse an admin, was to blame for it?

I've been in #kingsofchaos telling people its fake. Please don't drag us into this any more than we already have been. We don't condone this action, and it's not net beneficial to us, since any players that actually sign up will probably not stay once they realize Kings Of Chaos is not shutting down.

Kill3rSam
17th February 2010, 10:21 AM
Immediately realised it was fake, sadly a lot of people will not, and might never hear it to be fake.
Obviously a next step by those who are trying to kill this game, possibly it's an attempt to pressure rocco into fixing the bugs wich are clearly present in the game. But if these things keep happening, there will be little reason left to fix things in a while.

Gem-
17th February 2010, 10:25 AM
No email for me? I'm feeling quite left out...

Seriously guys - whoever did this seems to dislike RoC as much as they obviously dislike KoC. Why else would they spoof an email from one game and try to make it seem like an ad for another?

iLuke28
17th February 2010, 10:33 AM
No email for me? I'm feeling quite left out...

Seriously guys - whoever did this seems to dislike RoC as much as they obviously dislike KoC. Why else would they spoof an email from one game and try to make it seem like an ad for another?

That's definitely the nail in the coffin then - It has to be a fake if they didn't want to email mods and tell them it was shutting as well, in the hope that it'd be longer before an official story was provided for us, and more damage would be done.

Ahh well - KoC lives =] Though it never stopped living I guess.. but you get the idea!

3ddy
17th February 2010, 10:39 AM
left out like the people that got banned and were not given valid reasons?
lol

ThomasA
17th February 2010, 10:45 AM
Spam posts / posts referencing cheating have been removed and warnings/infractions given.

Please read the rules and abide by them.

SpiderWoman
17th February 2010, 10:51 AM
I got one of those fake emails, and the weird thing is it used the address I haven't used in ages as I only used it the first age I played and then switched to my good email address.

RoHaLoVeR
17th February 2010, 11:13 AM
What I noticed though, is that the KoC server speed is now very very fast compared to the past week (where the server kept lagging a LOT).

From a first thought, I think Rocco immediately fixed the server speed after getting aware of that message ^_^

LordCounter
17th February 2010, 11:20 AM
What I noticed though, is that the KoC server speed is now very very fast compared to the past week (where the server kept lagging a LOT).

From a first thought, I think Rocco immediately fixed the server speed after getting aware of that message ^_^

yea cause rocco always responds within hours.

conflag
17th February 2010, 11:25 AM
LOL

On another note, why not just post that it is a bogus email on this thread, rocco?

ToturiShoujiki
17th February 2010, 11:36 AM
My officer got one of the emails (I didn't) and forwarded it to me.

I don't believe it's Rocco. The typos and grammatical errors are uncharacteristic for him.

Besides, if they were going to end it, why suddenly do it in the middle of an age? It just doesn't make sense.

VY5E
17th February 2010, 11:47 AM
looks fake to me theres a few errors in the wording of the message if it was real im pretty sure it would have been read over a few time and made sure it was typoless

Pauly_D
17th February 2010, 11:48 AM
looks fake to me theres a few errors in the wording of the message if it was real im pretty sure it would have been read over a few time and made sure it was typoless

i know its fake but i actually doubt that Rocco would care enough to spellcheck a letter saying he was quitting the game lol

Bloo
17th February 2010, 12:06 PM
Jesus, IT'S A FREAKIN FAKE - OK!

What interests me is some of the posts here from players ( & ex) who should no better than to think it's a fake. Almost as if they are trying to give credit to something that ain't true.

Anyway, just an observation.

Anyway, trust nobody. There are those who state their innocence and get caught cheating over and over again and abusing the servers over an over again. It's usually the same little gang of fuckwits and their little fuckwit coding god (lol). No names mind, that'd be an accusation :)

RibutApi
17th February 2010, 12:09 PM
the real authentic KoC emails should come from noreply@kingsofchaos.com instead of Rocco@kingsofchaos.com so the email you got is definitely a fake :D

Gem-
17th February 2010, 12:15 PM
Also - since old email addresses were used in some cases, it didn't come from the current KoC email address database anyway...

Kill3rSam
17th February 2010, 12:34 PM
the real authentic KoC emails should come from noreply@kingsofchaos.com instead of Rocco@kingsofchaos.com so the email you got is definitely a fake :D

That would be just as easy to fake lol. Best is probably to only pay attention to anouncements on the homepage.

blazed420
17th February 2010, 12:40 PM
Also - since old email addresses were used in some cases, it didn't come from the current KoC email address database anyway...

It did come from the current database... I just registered a new account yesterday, brand new email, and I've got this message in my inbox.

ThomasA
17th February 2010, 12:54 PM
It did come from the current database... I just registered a new account yesterday, brand new email, and I've got this message in my inbox.

How would you explain the old addresses? It would seam some means have been used to harvest old addresses not in the current db as well as new addresses then.

Shane-
17th February 2010, 12:56 PM
From what I can see, If blazed420 registered within last 24 hours, and he also got messaged, then the chances are, it wasn't old database and such used.

Maybe the people who claim their "old email address" was used, was people who had registered before, but got banned/suspended, or their old account is inactive?.... That would be a possible explanation why old addresses got used?

Saying that, I don't know the KoC system, I'd normally suggest Gem comments as shes in authority here, but shes proven already she doesn't know anything about what happened and is only making guessed.

Shane

ThomasA
17th February 2010, 01:01 PM
From what I can see, If blazed420 registered within last 24 hours, and he also got messaged, then the chances are, it wasn't old database and such used.

Maybe the people who claim their "old email address" was used, was people who had registered before, but got banned/suspended, or their old account is inactive?.... That would be a possible explanation why old addresses got used?

Saying that, I don't know the KoC system, I'd normally suggest Gem comments as shes in authority here, but shes proven already she doesn't know anything about what happened and is only making guessed.

Shane

I understood emails from previous ages had been used and people had since changed them, maybe Im wrong.

Most people posting in this thread are only guessing or speculating.

Gem would know more about the KoC system. However Rocco could prolly shed more light on it as he has better access.

SleepingDragon
17th February 2010, 01:05 PM
Perhaps there is a correlation between the accounts "suspended" and the accounts that received emails?

Also, if the emails were sent from rocco's hacked email, maybe someone messaged people that emailed Rocco previously?

I think this is unprecedented, can't remember when KoC appeared to be under attack...maybe Age 13 is cursed and we should just go to 14? Some hotels skip the 13th floor because they are superstitious so it's not entirely unheard of........yep..........hmmmhmmm................... ...

powdered_donuts
17th February 2010, 01:24 PM
I would highly suggest everyone put a subject in their in game alliance text's and let people know that this is a hoax.

I received this from my officer:
lucky666 end of koc? 2 hours ago

Hello lucky666, We regret to inform you that Kings of Chaos will be shutting down permanently. Kings Of Chaos was started as a high school project many years ago and has evolved into much more, it is now a striving community of active players, we started this project to enhance our knowledge in website building and feel we have accomplished it. As you may have noticed the past 3 months the game has been on a steady decline, as well as our servers being put under more and more stress that has interrupted game play. We have decided that as none of our team has sufficient time to maintain the game or the servers, it is time for us to terminate the project. We understand that they is a huge community of active gamers playing, and in an effort to keep the community together, we would live to offer you an alternative to Kings Of Chaos, http://ruinsofchaos.com is an online game that is based on Kings Of Chaos which has many of the qualities Kings Of Chaos has. It also shares the forums we use (http://www.giveupalready.com) so we assume some of you may already be playing. Thanks for playing! RoccoKings of Chaos Webmaster

lucky666 end of koc 2 hours ago

do you have check your email koc will stop

I replied with these:

lucky666 None 5 minutes ago no

and i just found out the letter you got there was a hoax, it says this right on the GUA sight:

There have been a number of hoax emails/pms sent to koc users claiming the game is shutting down; please ignore them.

lucky666 None 6 minutes ago no

:/ i don't even remember what email i used to create this account, but as far as roc goes i won't play it, i have played it in the past, and I've tried several others, basically if it's true and koc shuts down permanently I'm done than

TH_Roofloof
17th February 2010, 01:34 PM
February 17th, 2010
Evil rumors abound in the land of chaos! Scouts have reported to us that some deceptive evildoers have been spreading the word that Kings of Chaos will be closing down and directing players to another website. Please rest assured that Kings of Chaos is alive and well and will not be closing down!

Phantomis
17th February 2010, 01:35 PM
does that mean rocco is alive? :o

Navirio
17th February 2010, 01:39 PM
They make money off it for one. spoofing emails is easy. unfortunately they've had to have access to the db to get the emails which if they where deleting accounts they probably dropped it. age 13 curse ..... most buildings don't have a 13th floor but always just consider the 14th the 13th. and they could have skipped 13 i believe they've skipped ages before. as for skids using codes probably sql injection is skiddy dropping dbs can sometimes be considered skiddy but then again they usually got to run the mds for the passwords so well wait and see who complains there other things got hacked. and use that to judge there skill. and remember use a complex password not 123kitty or password.

Also

There have been a number of hoax emails/pms sent to koc users claiming the game is shutting down; please ignore them.

MaradoX-
17th February 2010, 01:52 PM
February 17th, 2010

Alive AND well?

You gotta be kidding me... Lrn2code...

blazed420
17th February 2010, 01:52 PM
Possibly.

Kill3rSam
17th February 2010, 01:55 PM
Also, if the emails were sent from rocco's hacked email, maybe someone messaged people that emailed Rocco previously?

Read this topic .. the emails were not send from his actual email adress.

Gem-
17th February 2010, 02:37 PM
lol - since when does anyone on here ever read all the posts in a thread.

I'm the first to admit I do not how how this was accomplished - only making guesses, as Shane has so nicely pointed out.

chaser1
17th February 2010, 04:11 PM
mails can easily be spoofed.

xAre
17th February 2010, 05:23 PM
Besides which, if someone can ban loads of accounts through a "bug" maybe they could send emails from Rocco's address through another "bug."
You don't need a bug to send a fake email, anyone can do it.
Takes about thiis much effort.

Yeah, but it's how they accessed the DB and attributed your KoC name to the email address you registered with. And how did they get access to the KoC DB?
If they had access to the KOC DB your passwords would be comprimised, as KOC stores passwords in cleartext*.

*: Might be encrypted with a reversible algorithm, still bad.

ArxSerpens
17th February 2010, 05:23 PM
Lol, this always happens when Im sleeping, and I didnt get any emails =(

Mind you, my last dozen accts or so were all temp email addies, but if it was from the banned accounts then I'd have gotten an email too on at least 2 emails I use still. Apparently the abuse of the turn bug has someone/someones looking for any way to screw with KoC heh. Might be about time for admins to patch the bugs/exploits and such they've had warnings about?

xAre
17th February 2010, 05:28 PM
Lol, this always happens when Im sleeping, and I didnt get any emails =(

Mind you, my last dozen accts or so were all temp email addies, but if it was from the banned accounts then I'd have gotten an email too on at least 2 emails I use still. Apparently the abuse of the turn bug has someone/someones looking for any way to screw with KoC heh. Might be about time for admins to patch the bugs/exploits and such they've had warnings about?

Psh, why should they fix bugs and exploits when they can just ban the offenders a month later anyways!
Makes perfect sense! :D

3ddy
17th February 2010, 05:44 PM
careful now
you might get banned from GUA
mods are watching this thread closely
i think i have seen about 10 posts removed from here so far
and about 2 people i know of have been banned due to posting on this thread
admins are watching you
lol
even if you stay on topic and follow the rules be careful
you might be next

would be interesting to see how many people got the emails though
any word from the big man himself on dealing with this problem?

Semper.Fidelis
17th February 2010, 06:19 PM
[...]sql injection[...]only works under very specific circumstances which are not met here. Recruiter-Server communication seems far more likely to inject code then unmasked unescaped sql variables behind input fields with code specific content support and/or root sickness. Although I don't know how the recruiter handling is coded, so that's just an educated guess.

^imho

HoMiCiD3
17th February 2010, 07:54 PM
I understood emails from previous ages had been used and people had since changed them, maybe Im wrong.

Most people posting in this thread are only guessing or speculating.

Gem would know more about the KoC system. However Rocco could prolly shed more light on it as he has better access.
no Gem would not know more about the KoC system at all, she doesn't know how to code, all she does its use the moderator control panel to ban or suspend people.

Read this topic .. the emails were not send from his actual email adress.
there is no actual email address, it is a forwarded address, which is used from within the koc control panel as a from address for all emails sent via the koc control panel.

Have you people seen koc lately? Rocco can't code why must he be literate? You people keep blaming shane for the shit that's going on, but you can't prove squat. Who's to say it's not rocco having a laugh at your expense? Who's to say it's not someone from roc trying to frame shane because it's so easy to do? Who's to say it's not anyone just framing him to take heat off themselves. Stop blaming Shane just because you're too lazy to think it's anyone else.

ThomasA
17th February 2010, 08:12 PM
no Gem would not know more about the KoC system at all, she doesn't know how to code, all she does its use the moderator control panel to ban or suspend people.

I wasnt referring to coding but access, she has more access than a standard players and as I said Rocco has more access than her. Therefore they would be aware more what goes on behind the scenes than a normal player. Also Im pretty sure they talk to each other about KoC matters and its workings.

As I said most people in this thread are guessing or speculating. Only the people who done it can be really sure how it was done.

lostmetallica
17th February 2010, 08:13 PM
I agree with HoMiCiD3. You can make an email look like its coming from anywhere you want to really, especially through something like KoC. Heck, if you're a VBulletin admin, try the mass email feature, you can send it out from any address.

vegito
17th February 2010, 08:19 PM

there is no actual email address, it is a forwarded address, which is used from within the koc control panel as a from address for all emails sent via the koc control panel.

Have you people seen koc lately? Rocco can't code why must he be literate? You people keep blaming shane for the shit that's going on, but you can't prove squat. Who's to say it's not rocco having a laugh at your expense? Who's to say it's not someone from roc trying to frame shane because it's so easy to do? Who's to say it's not anyone just framing him to take heat off themselves. Stop blaming Shane just because you're too lazy to think it's anyone else.

Ow Really?
what abt shaseb.example.com??

<Remco-> sorry
<Remco-> its seba
<Remco-> not sebas
<Wolverine> who is seba btw?
<Remco-> and seba = http://www.giveupalready.com/member.php?u=27091
<Remco-> but I don't believe hes involved
<Wolverine> Respect to:Shane (<3), MystiqFire aka randolfthemighty, whole TH, Jason (<3), Agent, fury, Clam- (<3), Tapchou (<3^^), Levi,...
<Wolverine> lol
<Remco-> shaseb is a host they own together
<Wolverine> ohk
<Wolverine> u sure?
<Remco-> yep
<Wolverine> thats just not good
<Wolverine> :/

HoMiCiD3
17th February 2010, 08:27 PM
shaseb.example.com is simple a subdomain of example.com. This subdomain does not exist. Remco- simply does not like shane and will do anything to get rid of him, hence g-lining him from Cyanide-X simply because he assumes Shane is behind the most recent KoC bs. Cyanide-X is not a KoC network therefore the only reason for him to g-line shane is simple dislike, much like when venge did it to liz just because her and samie were having issues. Remco- is in a bad place when it comes to shane and i wouldn't believe a word out of his mouth after the way he has moderated KoC over the years.

vegito
17th February 2010, 08:48 PM
okay..

let me give u a clear proof, Thomas... u know the things, still trying to hide it.. :rolleyes:

Received: by 10.142.48.20 with SMTP id v20cs258307wfv;
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:02:19 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.150.168.37 with SMTP id q37mr11309077ybe.265.1266418938492;
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:02:18 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <apache@shaseb.example.com>
Received: from shaseb.example.com ([209.119.116.74])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 2si3342878iwn.106.2010.02.17.07.02.18;
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:02:18 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 209.119.116.74 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of apache@shaseb.example.com) client-ip=209.119.116.74;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 209.119.116.74 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of apache@shaseb.example.com) smtp.mail=apache@shaseb.example.com
Received: from shaseb.example.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
by shaseb.example.com (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id o1HF2HLn008074

AND!!

Pinging shane.aeru.org [209.119.116.74] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 209.119.116.74: bytes=32 time=276ms TTL=45
Reply from 209.119.116.74: bytes=32 time=280ms TTL=45
Reply from 209.119.116.74: bytes=32 time=277ms TTL=45
Reply from 209.119.116.74: bytes=32 time=277ms TTL=45

Ping statistics for 209.119.116.74:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 276ms, Maximum = 280ms, Average = 277ms

:whistilin:

Ow wait!
now you gonna say : shane.aeru.org is simple a subdomain of aeru.org. This subdomain does not exist. And shane.aeru.org is NOT at all related to Mr. Shane Mackenzie! NO? :rolleyes:

ThomasA
17th February 2010, 08:53 PM
shaseb.example.com is simple a subdomain of example.com. This subdomain does not exist. Remco- simply does not like shane and will do anything to get rid of him, hence g-lining him from Cyanide-X simply because he assumes Shane is behind the most recent KoC bs. Cyanide-X is not a KoC network therefore the only reason for him to g-line shane is simple dislike, much like when venge did it to liz just because her and samie were having issues. Remco- is in a bad place when it comes to shane and i wouldn't believe a word out of his mouth after the way he has moderated KoC over the years.

I believe there is a process to appeal irc bans. This should be used rather than the KoC forums.

also recent posts are on dangerous grounds, be careful where they are leading.

Symphony_x
17th February 2010, 08:56 PM
okay..

let me give u a clear proof, Thomas... u know the things, still trying to hide it.. :rolleyes:

AND!!

Ow wait!
now you gonna say : shane.aeru.org is simple a subdomain of aeru.org. This subdomain does not exist. And shane.aeru.org is NOT at all related to Mr. Shane Mackenzie! NO? :rolleyes:

Well said mate. That should shut their mouths for a while , and let them think to twist the story around

Shane-
17th February 2010, 08:59 PM
okay..

AND!!

Ow wait!

You'll find I stopped using aeru well over a week ago, Aswell as the fact anyone who also shares the server has the same IP (And tons of people also share it.)

Shane

Symphony_x
17th February 2010, 09:00 PM
You'll find I stopped using aeru well over a week ago.

Shane

Ok , so it s either you , or seba, owner of that server, right ?

Shane-
17th February 2010, 09:01 PM
Ok , so it s either you , or seba, owner of that server, right ?

Aeru has many sub accounts on the server, None of us "own" the server or the IP, Just the domain.

Shane

ThomasA
17th February 2010, 09:03 PM
I think we can stop this line of enquiry and leave it up to the KoC Admins to carry out their own investigations.

If you have prove of anyone involved in this, present it to the KoC Mods/Admins so they can act rather than speculating on here.

Likewise, there are also processes for appeals, which should be followed rather than here.

Overlord
17th February 2010, 10:41 PM

Actually... I got the email at my new email address which has only been used in KoC this Age, and pretty much for nothing else.